Pokemon: Transcendence [IC]

Ren✧

Lance and Evangela had been greeted by a familiar man.  Although it hadn't been a day, it seemed that he had seen so many faces just pass by.  He couldn't remember all the facility workers or security officers for that matter.  Like he had mentioned before, well in his thoughts that in, the weird twisting hallways had given Lance the heebie jeebies.  He wasn't a fan of such facilities.  He would rather have had that presentation outside than the cold metallic room they had seen the acts of violence and mad science.  He thought of Hal...that poor kid.  How long had he been here, how painful was the experimentation done on him.  Was he a normal human without the Eevee?  This place certainly raised more questions than it answered.    

"So, I'm guessing it wasn't your cup of tea then?"  The attempt at small talk was strange.  Of course they hadn't liked what they'd seen.  Why else would they be leaving?  He spoke up to share his feelings. 

"It d-definitely wasn't...I don't even like tea...."  It was a fact, and it was strange.  He was much more a fan of coffee or even regular mineral water.  "It just didn't seem natural to me...I'm strong on my own, and so is my trusty partner Heracross...We don't need to combine to become stronger.  We're basically already like that..."  His voice was faint the entire time he spoke.  He felt obligated to reciprocate the conversational topic that was provided by his elder.  He wanted to see what the other girl had in mind...she seemed more infuriated than anything.   

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brianna had made a couple snide comments about that boy, Lance, to Alaric. The man had muttered back a "It's unladylike to treat another with such disrespect," before turning back to Genevieve. And then that scientist woman, Tayla, had included an ultimatum as well for her inclusion in this project. The blond frowned. Have they no sense of adventure? To leap forth bravely into the unknown...then again I suppose that's what I'm here for, he preened.

And Genevieve had duly scolded them for their cold feet, proceeding to lead them to a laboratory. While they walked, Terra and Brianna seemed to be having a small exchange behind him. Ah well, at least their stay here wouldn't be boring, with these two in the vicinity. When they entered the laboratory, the man glanced around in interest. This was...like that one movie he acted in. How exciting! The blond started buzzing with energy. Not that he showed it, though. No, that would be unprofessional.

A ginger-haired girl with a smattering of freckles introduced herself, "I'm Dr. Nissen. I'm the head doctor here. And we'll be ones doing the medical background check and conducting the search for certain indicators in your physiology that may help us narrow down exactly what Pokemon will be your best choice to merge with."

The reactions to that ranged from flirtatiously teasing (Brianna), to thoughtful and frustrated (Tayla). Alaric gave a theatrical bow himself, "An honor to meet you, milady doctor, I am Alaric." Internally, he just wondered where the cameras were, and that they were being very thorough for a reality series, or whatever this was. When asked to sit, he did so obediently. I hope they choose to merge me with something befitting my princely demeanor. Like a Gallade, or a Bisharp. He glanced around, looking for the artists that would usually swarm around him by now, inspecting his appearance to get as realistic a result as they could. Perhaps, to preserve the realism, they were hidden, watching his visage through camera screens? Yes, that was probably it.

And then Genevieve turned her piercing gaze away from him and the others, inspecting a handheld.

And he blinked.

She's confident, secure in her own position. The wariness, the care, has left her eyes, leaving nothing but triumph, the blond quickly rifled through the facts. Two have left, five have stayed, but I have a feeling she's not done with them yet. His hunches were usually correct. Alaric glanced at the others sitting down, regret tinging his thoughts for a moment. Perhaps I should have tried to stop it before it got to this. I waited, and now it's too late to do anything but go with it. I know the truth of Project Transcendence now, and it's not pretty. Still... He needed to find out the full truth behind all of this, behind Genevieve's motives, before he could move publicly. And he was getting closer to it.

Now that his panic had settled, Alaric could probably forego his method acting for a little bit (shame it relied on a prompt to "snap him out of it"), entrusting solely on his own skills to act and not immerse, though he knew that he'd be treading on thin ice. Just because this woman's not as careful doesn't mean she's not observant. And the others, though distracted, have climbed to the top for a reason. But I'd rather be able to make decisions without that fop getting in the way. Thankfully, his choice aligned with mine. There's no way I could back out of this now, not to mention it paints a bright red target on my back.

Oh well, Alaric thought, managing to lounge in his chair despite its stiff back. There's nothing I can do but wait and see for now. He kept his senses on high alert, but gave off the relaxed and faintly amused demeanor of his persona. While the expression lacked the grain of potency from before, it was still realistic and believable. But soon...I might have to drop the fop...for we will all have to work together to get out of here intact. Just how soon, is the question...

Terra shook her head, but she still wore that strangely satisfying smile on her face, before walking down the hallway with Brianna and the others that opted in on Project Transcendence. As they walked, Terra noted two others in particular: Alaric, who Terra was concerned was still under the illusion that this was just a stage act, and that Lider woman, who she didn't think would stay in this after her request to change Pokemon was shot down. Then again, the Lider woman probably should've thought of that before she chose her Porygon-Z, which she complained wasn't going to fuse well. Sounded like the perfect excuse for an out, but whatever...

In any case, they all reached the Medical Lab, where they were introduced to a Dr. Nissen, who they were told would be the one to jump through all the hoops to get to a compatible Pokemon for each to merge with. The Medical Lab was where Terra wanted to be this whole time, and soon as the others would've moved on with the tour, she had full intention to stop and scout the area for those files... and she had a rough idea where they'd be as well. Unfortunately, now wasn't the time to make an attempted search; there were still too many watchful eyes around the place. Perhaps it'd be best to wait until everyone else had left as she planned; maybe that way, Terra wouldn't be drawing as much attention to herself, by accident or otherwise.

"Glad I caught you ma'am." A familiar face said stopping Evangela. "I'm here to take you home. Were there any others that are gonna be join-" The pilot stopped as the other boy rounded the corner. "I see that there is." As the pilot lead them back through the hallways of the facility he turned back to the pair in what appeared to be an attempt at small talk. "So, I'm guessing it wasn't your cup of tea then?"

"It d-definitely wasn't...I don't even like tea...."  The younger man responded to the pilot's question.  "It just didn't seem natural to me...I'm strong on my own, and so is my trusty partner Heracross...We don't need to combine to become stronger.  We're basically already like that..."  The young man talked very faintly the entire time he spoke, and Evangela was hardly surprised. Something as sickening as that poor excuse for a scientific experiment did need to exist. 

While the young man had responded civilly to the man's question Evangela would have none of it.

"Not my cup of tea... ha! That's a joke. What you are doing is a clear humanitarian and ethical violation," Evangela said with bitter venom, "As soon as I get back to the mainland I fully intend to have this facility shut-down! What you're doing here is not science, it's... it's..." In her anger Evangela struggled for words, "it's disgusting! The fact that your head researcher could do experiments like this at all... let alone that she could do them so impassively... so easily shows me exactly what kind of disturbed facility this is. I hope you enjoy your last few weeks as an employed man, sir, because I'll make sure that in less than a month this facility will no longer exist, and atrocities you've committed here are fully known to the public! Now get out of my way I can't even stand to look at barely human filth like you anymore, I can find my own way to the exit."

With that Evangela stalked ahead of the security chief fully intent on exitting this facility as quickly as humanly possible.  

Archived