Pokemon: Transcendence [IC]

Ren✧

"No...I don't think so. Now that you say something, I suppose it was pretty vague..." one of the boys replied, however he quickly dismissed Evangela's suspicions. "Oh, well!"  Evangela frowned at how her comrades could be so carefree, though perhaps, she admitted to herself, her upbringing did make her a bit more paranoid than others. 

"Ahaha, that just makes it more mysterious, no? Exciting! Any showman must know the value of secrecy until they unveil the curtain! I for one, look forward to seeing what this new facility has to offer," another boy interjected his own thoughts as well. His outward appearance, and tone indicated the same worry free nature as the other young man, yet his word choice made Evangela think otherwise. For a person such as Evangela it was a difficult task for anyone to truly hide their innermost thoughts from her. She was no mind reader, but as a psychologist she had learned the art of people watching. A Pokemon psychologist she may be, but beneath the surface the way people and Pokemon acted it was not so different. 

They were interrupted though by the sound of the pilot's voice over the intercom. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your pilot speaking, if you could please take your seats. We may hit some turbulence as we descend. Thank you for flying with us and welcome to New Genesis." This simply renewed Evangela's suspicions. The pilot, an employee for New Genesis, asking them to take there seats, an action that would prevent them talking entirely as group, right after they had begun voicing their suspicions. A coincidence? Perhaps, but  Evangela's younger years had taught her, that if something seemed off it usually was, and the bumpy landing did serve to easy her conscious either.

-----------

Evangela walked off the plane luggage in hand followed by her Gardevoir. The blue haired woman watched with a neutral expression looking at the massive structure in front of her. The potentially dark secrets that could be hiding within diminished the building's beauty to her. 

It's great to finally meet all of you. I am Genevieve Masters, director of Research and Development for New Genesis, and head of this facility." The voice of another woman came from Evangela's side. "Let me start by saying how very impressed I am with all that you have achieved." Evangela gave the woman a piercing look never blinking her violet eye as the captain whispered in her ear, and as the head researcher gave a near imperceptible suspicious glance Evangela's gaze never faltered.

"Please, follow me." The doctor said leading them into the lobby area of the facility before turning to face them again. "Before we go any farther, I will have to ask you all to leave any excess Pokemon you may have...forgot, to leave behind. We hope that you understand that we can only allow one to accompany each of you...for safety reasons. And please, help yourselves to the small gift bags we've prepared for you." Genevieve gestured to the eight knapsacks that were sitting on a nearby glass, coffee table. "Inside you'll each find a lanyard with individual IDs that will allow you further access to our facilities."  

Evangela's face remained stony as she rifled through her "goody bag" frowning. It wasn't much a gift bag, and besides the snacks the young woman found hardly anything of note within them. 

"Um, question: How long would we be staying here, exactly?"  The voice of another young woman as Evangela slipped on her ID. It seemed she was not alone in her suspicions then, and the thought put her ironically at ease. 

"That, my friend, will depend entirely on you. Not to worry though, should your stay prove longer than you expected, any and all of your needs will be handled by either myself personally or one of our staff." The head researcher answered the question rather vaguely, and it was an effort for Evangela not press the question further. It was at this point that Gardevoir began to take notice of Evangela's unease, and after years together with the young woman Gardevoir had come put great faith in her young mistress' judgements, and something that made her easy did not bode well for all of them. While Gardevoir's body language made no obvious change anybody paying attention would notice an obvious tension in the Pokemon's stance. Gardevoir knew very well what her mistress had been through and was quite ready to protect her at a moment's notice. 

"Here's a question for you, boss lady, when am I gonna get to have some fun?" The violently tempered girl from earlier chimed in as well, causing Evangela to chew on the inside of her mouth. If things did go south it would not be advantageous for them to be bickering amongst each other. 

"Quite soon." Geneviere replied rather plainly drawing Evangela's attention back to her. "We'll take a few more minutes for everyone to stretch from the plane ride and then begin our tour." Again the young scientist fixed the head researcher with a owl-like gaze watching the woman intently for any signs that something might be off. From behind Evangela Gardevoir smiled as she watched her trainer fix the scientist woman with an unblinking eye. Gardevoir often had to remind herself that the young lady before her was no longer the shy, defenseless lamb she had once been, and almost felt sorry for Geneviere, as despite her mistress' short stature outwardly kind appearance she imagined her stare was quite unnerving for the older woman.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The conversation died down, interrupted by the pilot's announcement, and then the resulting turbulence made everybody move back to their seats. Alaric waved back at Terra before sinking into his own seat. It was a timely coincidence, if it was a coincidence. The blond didn't believe in coincidences. He believed in patternsAnd oh, what an interesting pattern this is turning out to be... he let out a quiet chuckle, before annoyance took over when the plane's movement woke his beloved Marie.

--

When they got off the plane, the blond immediately noted the woman with an olive complexion and a sharp smile that approached them. This must be one of our hosts then, he observed. Her lab coat marked her as somebody who worked in the sciences, and her words confirmed them. "It's great to finally meet all of you. I am Genevieve Masters, director of Research and Development for New Genesis, and head of this facility."

When the pilot whispered in her ear--How obvious...really, does the man have no sense of subtlety?--her body language froze but she quickly recovered her poise. The only reason Alaric caught her glance at him was because he was watching already, and their eyes met briefly. Then she instructed for them to follow her, and the actor took that time to observe the facility in more detail.

The architecture's nothing special, but the size is. Looks a lot like some of the office buildings in Castelia, he noted. The lobby didn't seem that special either, apart from the size again, but the patterns so far...made the blond wonder whether this was only a front. He couldn't say for sure yet, not until he received more information.

"Before we go any farther, I will have to ask you all to leave any excess Pokemon you may have...forgot, to leave behind. We hope that you understand that we can only allow one to accompany each of you...for safety reasons." The woman's voice was pleasant, but unrelenting, making no doubt that the point wasn't up for contention. Not that it affected Alaric. He had only one Pokémon and needed only one. His lovely Marie, currently curled up in his arms. The turbulence had disturbed her nap, so she was making up for lost time. Ah, the life of a star, he thought dolefully. One must rest when one can. In some ways, I miss being an unknown. Less hassle.

He watched a young brunette in glasses, accompanied by another who looked just like her, barely restrain herself from stomping off, taking controlled, measured steps instead. Hm, it looks like this is news for somebody at least, he thought unsympathetically. And that twin...could it be...? He shook his head. If so, that must be quite useful...

And please, help yourselves to the small gift bags we've prepared for you. Inside you'll each find a lanyard with individual IDs that will allow you further access to our facilities." Alaric walked over with the rest and picked up a knapsack, testing the weight with a critical eye. Light. Not much in there. Opening it up, he noted the ID card with detached interest--not my best angle, probably taken through paparazzi--before putting it on. He then inspected the handheld, ignoring the snacks. His hands worked at the buttons, bringing up a map of some sorts. Fascinating...so this must be the facility we'll be touring... He tuned the others out as he gazed at it, attempting to memorize it. Who knew when an internal map would be useful? That is, if it was accurate.

Best not to seem too fascinated with it, however, the blond thought, lifting his head to listen in as the others asked a couple of questions. He decided not to ask any himself. Most likely this woman would only field them, she really is quite a sharp lady. Speaking of sharp ladies... He glanced at the teal-haired lady from the plane. Evangela, was it? With that sharp gaze...now I'm sure that she's suspicious. She could be a good ally...though she makes her suspicion rather obvious. Oh well. We can't all be actors, he sighed. Though I'm sure that would be interesting as well...

He glanced around at the others briefly. "I for one am looking forward to this." And I really do mean that.

"Good thing the Pokeballs come with an internal release switch," Cysero chirped to himself with a bit of a whimsical note to his voice as the trio made a fair distance between themselves, something Tayla couldn't help but nod to.

"Agreed, Cy. Rna, can you hear them still," she asked of her false twin as they walked, whom now shook her head.

"No, not anymore, I think we're far enough from the rest to speak freely."

Tayla couldn't help but give a slight snicker. "You can speak freely at least. I need to watch my words, still."

With this were three more Pokeballs pulled from her belt before becoming released into the air, freeing for now three different Pokemon. The largest was a Magnezone in the middle of the trio, who gave a slight hum as it began to float in the air on its own accord. To its right was another, but much smaller Pokemon that also floated in the air, a Castform in its greyish defaulted form. To the Magnezone's left, sporting a strange pair of wireless headphones, was a Smeargle whom was swaying his head back and forth with closed eyes. "Spellthief, 'phones down, we all need to talk." The Smeargle, Spellthief, opened his brownish eyes at the request and snapped his fingers before pushing them back and allowing the device to rest around his neck.

"Why ya gotta stop my rock, Tay," Spellthief asked with an indignified tone, an annoyed look on his muzzle.

To this question, Tayla looked towards Rna, who nodded and replied for her. "All but one of us is being asked to separate ourselves from Tayla during the stay in this Transcendence Program."

"What?!" Spellthief shouted as dropped his paintbrush tail at this outburst, causing a puddle of rainbow colors to form where it landed. Though no such verbal outburst came from the Castform, she also appeared to have acted in shock, floating up slightly more than normal as well as recoiling back a bit.

"Yeah, and without you guys, I wouldn't have gotten into this so-called program to begin with, which makes me wonder why we're here."

"Possibility of suspicious activity: 79%," the Magnezone simply stated with a mechanical tone, the only one appearing to be unphased by this news.

"Agreed, Battery," Rna replied, but using her native tongue instead of a human one. "Question is, how are we all gonna get in?"

The whole time, Tayla had been thinking to herself on how to do this, her arms crossed as she listened to the Pokemon around her using her translator. However, an idea came to mind and a grin crossed her face.

"Alright, I have an idea. Rna," Tayla started off before looking towards the double. "I need you to take on Battery's form. I'm gonna need you and Battery to pay attention for a signal from Cysero he usually sends out to my rifle...that I stupidly left behind..." A palm met her forehead as a tone of regret echoed in her words for a moment before she re-lowered it by her side. "Once you two get that signal, get out, get everyone else out and find me. Understood?"

A cheer of affirmation emerged from all but the Castform, who nodded as well as bobbed slightly up and down in response to the question. With this did Tayla recall all but Cysero and Rna into their Pokeballs before turning towards the transformed Ditto. "Well, it's show time," Rna remarked before closing her eyes and allowing a whitish glow to engulf her. At first, she became much-smaller and more blob-like in shape before growing once more in size and hopping into the air and floating, the light finally disappearing to reveal yet another Magnezone. "Ready."

Pokeball in hand, the human recalled the false Magnezone into the orb before looking towards the Porygon-Z with a nod. "Welp, Cy? Let's see what this group is all about."

After all was said and done, Tayla and Cysero came back to the group before depositing the four Pokeballs into their supposed storage area and grabbing one of the bags that everyone else was grabbing. "Anything happens to my team, I won't need my sniper rifle to mess up someone's day," she remarked semi-threateningly, protective indeed of her team. Opening it up, she caught sight of the ID with her name on it and raised a rather-high eyebrow at the picture on it.

"How the hell was that shot taken? I was in the middle of a fist fight against that Darkrai!"

Now that Tayla had rejoined the group, Genevieve checked the roster for a final time. She noted that there were a few subjects that had not shown, but there was nothing that could be done about that. She would just have to be happy with what she had. As all of the current subjects slipped on their ID badges, she briefly checked her own version of the handheld device that the seven participants had been given. Of course, her version was a bit more complete than the others. For one thing, it had a full and accurate map on it, among other features, that included a tracking system. Seven different color dots had just appeared on the map, each representing one of the subjects.

"Alright, now that we're all here, we'll begin the tour." She said happily. "And don't worry, your Pokemon will be well taken care of until such time they are returned to your possession." 

Gesturing for the group to follow her, Genevieve began to give the usual spiel that often accompanied tours. She led them through the facility, stopping periodically to explain what type of research was being conducted in different labs and allowing the participants to stop and admire different pieces of work and talk with various scientists and researchers. She made an effort to be engaging and emphatic, overselling a lot of different features of the facility to impress the participants. In truth, the act was starting to make her sick, but she didn't want to risk the participants fretting too much more over the details of their visit. That would only lead to loss of control, and that could not happen.

"And in here," Genevieve continued, leading the tour group through set of automatic doors, "You'll see what we like to call the Prehistoric Garden!" She said with a flourish of her hands. 

Walking into the room, it would have been hard to guess that the group was still inside. The humidity was incredibly high and sunlight beamed down from an indiscernible source, illuminating the copious amounts of leafy, jungle vegetation that sprouted all around them. It even sounded like the outdoors, there seemed to be a breeze that was rustling the treeline and the chatter of insect and bird Pokemon alike permeated the air. 

​"We've done our best to simulate the environment that existed on Earth over 60 million years ago, to accommodate the host of prehistoric Pokemon that our Fossil Lab has managed to revive. It is our hope to reintroduce a large enough population back into the wild so that these extinct and endangered Pokemon may once again thrive." She described to the group as they marveled at the sudden change of scenery. 

Genevieve opened her mouth to say something else, but then paused, bringing her hand up to a small device that sat comfortably in her ear. It appeared as if she were getting a message of some kind. "I see...I'll be there right away." Genevieve said to the voice in her ear, looking at the group apologetically. 

"It seems that an incident has sprung up and I'm afraid that I must attend to it. Fear not, however. Why don't I leave you all to explore the rest of the garden and I will be back as soon as I can to continue the tour?" After receiving a few brief nods of affirmation from the group, she hurried out of the room to attend to whatever emergency she had been notified of.

As the automatic doors closed behind her, she turned her gaze to the handheld device. Clicking a few buttons, she locked all entrances and exits to the Prehistoric Garden, a devious smile appearing on her face.

2qtv5g2.jpg

[spoiler=OoC]

Well now, isn't this exciting? You've been given the chance to explore the world of 60 million years ago. Feel free to branch off by yourself or stay together with the group as you enjoy the scenery that has never been seen by most humans. Of course...with all the prehistoric beauty, there may be a bit of prehistoric danger...

If you have any questions, please address them to me in the OoC Thread or via PM

[/spoiler]

Brianna wasn't very impressed with the woman's words. It seemed there was something off about her. Like she didn't want to be here. Brianna decided to make it even harder on her by asking inane and pointless questions every single time the woman paused for breath. It seemed to tick some of the others off but it certainly was hilarious to Brianna.

They found themselves in the past, or rather a place that looked like it came straight out of a history book. She remembered vaguely being taught about this prehistoric mumbo jumbo. Though barely any of it stuck. Except one thing. Tyrantrum. What she wouldn't give to get her hands on one of those badboys....

"It seems that an incident has sprung up and I'm afraid that I must attend to it. Fear not, however. Why don't I leave you all to explore the rest of the garden and I will be back as soon as I can to continue the tour?"

Well now that was interesting. Perhaps this place had a few bugs that had to be worked out yet. Maybe they will provide some surprisingly exciting glitches for her entertainment.

"Oh look, seems our glorious leader has abandoned us. Whatever shall we do?" Brianna said, laying the sarcasm on thick. Despite her blase tone, she was actually somewhat impressed. This place was pretty advanced and well...pretty. She was never one for old crap but there was a certain charm to this garden.

"Well I suppose you all will huddle together and wait until mama comes back to hold your hand. Me? I'm gonna go check this place out."

And with that she forged ahead, not sparing a second glance at the others. With Arc at her side she went deeper and deeper into the garden.

She took in the...everything. Apart from the others she let herself just simply enjoy how....strangely relaxing this place was. However relaxation wasn't the main thing she was looking for.

They say they had some living fossils around, well, Brianna couldn't pass up the opportunity to see a Tyrantrum up close and personal now could she? This was sure to be....thrilling.

During the tour, Lance became increasingly bored.  He wasn't a fan of technology, and how it worked.  But the thick-headed Brianna insisted on being annoying the entire time.  "Sheesh...What's a rude girl like this doing here in the first place."  Lance thought.  

Then, after not paying attention the entire time, they stepped into a room that smelled....amazing.  He focused forwards to notice the enthralling environment he had just stepped in.  The vegetation was enormous!  The air was thick and fresh.  This place was amazing.  The prehistoric times were always a mysterious part of nature that Lance loved to think about.  All the Pokemon here must be from those times too!  His mouth was found slightly ajar enjoying all the wonder that was replicated in this building.  And now he was free to roam around it?  The professor realized she needed to take care of something and left the trainers to do as they will.  

"Oh look, seems our glorious leader has abandoned us. Whatever shall we do?"  He heard a familiar voice say sarcastically.  "Well I suppose you all will huddle together and wait until mama comes back to hold your hand. Me? I'm gonna go check this place out."  She said before she walked off by herself.  "Yeah right...i've spent enough time around people for one day."  Lance thought that this was a new personal record actually.  He decided to head into the thick of the jungle to explore the beautiful place.  He headed off in a different direction than Brianna had taken, to make sure she was completely avoided at all times.  "I've had enough of her today as well..."  Herc followed his trainer through the wonderland of forest he had never had experienced before on his travels as a trainer.  He had wrestled with a Tyranitar before, he wondered if he could suplex a Bastiodon.  The thought made him chuckle, the feat would surely prove to be impossible.    

Herc was buzzing with anticipation as well.  This air reinvigorated him.  He and his trainer were already loving this place.

As Brianna went one direction and Lance went another, Terra decided that she should consult the map of the facility. While Genevieve was gone, now was the time to search for the answers that Terra needed. However, not only did she have to find the room that would most likely contain those answers, but she also had to separate herself from the group in a manner that wouldn't arouse suspicion. After studying the map for a while longer, Terra made her move.

"Diggersby, come on out!" Terra's lone Poke Ball soared in the air, and out came a portly rabbit-like Pokemon with what looked like a yellow band around his waist and forearms coming out of his ears, "OK Diggersby, race ya to that door on the east side. Last one there's a rotten Pokemon egg! Go, go, GO!!"

With that, Terra charged for the door that she was pointing at, with Diggersby running after her.

"Diggerrrr!" Diggersby followed with a goofy giggle as he had won the little race that he and Terra had. But Terra wasn't too concerned about that. She was more hoping that their admittedly meaningless race didn't garner anything more than a momentary glance, having figured that it would've been better than to just silently drop off the map. Terra briefly looked over her shoulder just to make sure, before turning her attention to the double door that was now in front of her.

The door was sealed shut by the looks of it, but there were two diagonal slants that ended where the two parts of the double door would've met, and began a couple inches away from that on each side. Terra placed her hands on these two slants and pressed hard, just to test how much friction Diggersby would have if he were to push on them. Obviously Terra herself couldn't bust those doors open; there wasn't a single human who could.

"You might have to use your ears for this one, Diggersby..." Terra told the Digging Pokemon as she stepped back, "But see if you can pry this thing open."

"Digger," said Diggersby in acknowledgement, before he moved into position, put the forearm parts of his ears where Terra had previously had her hands and pushed with all his might. If there was a single Pokemon among the ones here that could break the seal via brute force, Diggersby would be that Pokemon.

"Already they are starting to separate." Genevieve observed, watching the group from several monitors that displayed images of the seven subjects as they began to explore the Prehistoric Gardens. "This divide will ultimately make them easier to overcome if they prove to be too much trouble." She said. No one else in the darkened control room paid her any attention. They were used to their boss absentmindedly talking to herself as she took notes on whatever experiment she was conducting. They simply worked at their stations, make sure that the surveillance of the group was up to Genevieve's standards.

"Now what is that one doing?" Genevieve wondered as Terra began to pull at the door on the east end of the garden. "She's direct, I'll give her that." Genevieve wasn't worried about the girl getting out. The doors were programmed with fail safe so that even if the power were to go out, it would take the strength of a Regigigas to get them to budge. 

Switching her attention, Genevieve now watched as Brianna made her way deeper into the jungle-like vegetation. She couldn't help but raise her lip in distaste. The damned brat had annoyed her with pointless questions all morning. Genevieve had a sinking suspicion that it had all been done in an effort to annoy her, a mission she had succeeded in.

"This one..." Genevieve said, pointing at the monitor that displayed Brianna. "Let's see how she reacts to a little excitement, shall we?" The workers in the room sprung into action, knowing full well what excitement their boss was referring to. In all honesty, it was a show that they were all eager to see. 

2qtv5g2.jpg

"Don't you think we should stay..." Before Stephen could finish his sentences, three of the group members had already run off, "...together." Stephen hung his head in defeat. It seemed that there would be no cohesiveness between them. 

"Please don't say you'll be running off on your own too?" Stephen said, addressing the remaining members of the group. In truth, he was slightly apprehensive about being left alone in this prehistoric wonderland. If there really were ancient Pokemon wandering about, he wasn't confident that they would all be friendly. It would probably be best if the group stuck together so as to have a better chance if they ran into trouble. 

2qtv5g2.jpg

Towards the rear of the Prehistoric Garden, relatively close to Brianna's location(but out of her immediate range of sight), a large cage rose silently out of the ground, containing one massive form. As the door to the cage opened, the trapped Pokemon rushed out, letting out a vicious roar that would no doubt travel to all corners of the Prehistoric Garden. Stepping into the artificial sunlight, a bruised and battered Tyrantrum let out a second roar, this one more muffled but just as menacing. It's nostrils flared as it tested the air. It seemed to have caught the scent of an intruder in its territory. 

Brianna would get her wish. 

Everybody was splitting off on their own. Not that it was unexpected. After all, none of us got where we were by working with others...most of us climbed to our position by the power of our own hands and our Pokémon, Alaric thought.

While Genevieve had spoken, Alaric had paid attention to her tone carefully. On the surface, there was nothing wrong with it. She seemed nothing more than an overly-peppy tour guide. But acting...and the subsequent rise in social invitations he had received after becoming famous, had prepared the blond for situations such as this. Tsk tsk, her posture's far too stiff for this to be natural, he gave an internal shake of the head. Body language was done mostly unconsciously, but in the end it was the biggest tell that people and Pokémon had.

The tour was actually fairly interesting. Despite his suspicions of New Genesis, the research they were going into...well, it was obvious to anybody why New Genesis was known as a pioneer in technology. Their R&D department was either well-paid or they had recruited good researchers. Probably both. He paused at some point during the tour. That scientist's clipboard...had that listed inventory on Omanyte eggs? And what was that about "Dino DNA?" From that point on, the blond decided to listen more carefully to Genevieve's words than he had before.

It seems that his eyes weren't deceiving him, as eventually their guide stepped through a pair of automatic doors, into a room that reminded Alaric of a greenhouse. And he wasn't far off. "You'll see what we like to call the Prehistoric Garden!" the black-haired woman announced. "We've done our best to simulate the environment that existed on Earth over 60 million years ago, to accommodate the host of prehistoric Pokemon that our Fossil Lab has managed to revive. It is our hope to reintroduce a large enough population back into the wild so that these extinct and endangered Pokemon may once again thrive." Unlike before, the olive-skinned woman seemed to be genuinely excited about this place.

But when she left them to their own devices, Alaric held himself back from saying something insulting. She was leaving them, a bunch of strangers, in an exhibit filled with rare, valuable, and most of all, deadly, prehistoric Pokémon? Madame, are you insane? But there was nothing he could do about it. Before he could figure out a way to word his query politely, she had left them alone.

The blond was about to recommend that they stick together, but before he could speak at least three had split off from the group. That redhead, Brianna, had started, and then the rest had followed her lead (though Terra was trying to get them out, so at least she had a viable excuse). Like ducklings, he thought disparagingly. But really...how foolish. Prehistoric Pokémon are well-known for being dangerous, especially the more...volatile types.

Unlike the others, he decided to stay right where he was. You could call me a coward, but I call it being smart, he thought.

It appeared he wasn't alone in his thoughts. That young racer, Stephen, seemed of a like mind. "Don't you think we should stay...together." The boy ended his words on a disappointed note.

What had he been expecting? For them to all want to work together? Aside from their Pokémon, Alaric doubted very much that any of them were used to working with others. Even in the acting world, where people were expected to work together, it was more like a cutthroat competition than anything else. The only exception had been Brycen, who stood at the pinnacle. He had enough fame to get away with being nice, in a world where niceness meant very little at all.

The very nature of fame is a lonely road...this boy should know that himself by now. Unless he's still clinging to optimism. That would be...unusual. Alaric felt his interest pique. Perhaps this boy is more interesting than I gave him credit for.

"Please don't say you'll be running off on your own too?" Stephen half-pleaded.

Alaric shook his head, letting his persona take over. "No, no," he soothed. "After all, it's more sensible to remain in a group." He glanced at the path that vociferous redhead had taken. "Striking off on our own...to be honest, though it pains me to say," he paused with a dramatic air, "is likely to get us killed." Wait. "Or terribly injured," he amended. While the actor in him preferred the dramatic tension such words as "killed" would cause, it wouldn't do to cause panic. No, that, more than anything, was a likely way to get people killed.

Brianna was quickly growing bored. It was really bothering her and her frustration was showing by the way she scowled at the various flora.
And then, it happened. The roar. Brianna felt a shudder go through her. The noise was just filled with power and she knew the Pokemon that made the noise had to be strong.
A second roar sounded and through the brush came a giant, and this thing was seriously huge, Pokemon. She recognized it right away. Tyrantrum.
Brianna’s grinned wide as she saw the powerful beast. Her breath came fast as her heart pounded with excitement at the prospect of battling this Pokemon. She loved nothing more than a good brawl, and she could respect the power this thing oh so obviously had.

“I am so, so, SO glad I came here on my own. The others would just ruin this experience. Let’s go Arc, time to kick some ass. I wanna see how this badboy handles himself in a fight.”
Filled with both fear and joy; Brianna was ready for whatever this thing threw at her.

She wouldn’t Mega Evolve Arc. Not quite yet, she wanted this to last and the Mega form of her partner would be sure to end this quicker than she wanted.

The Tyrantrum was covered in injuries. Perhaps it had been in a fight with...no they didn’t look like injuries from a Pokemon battle...Out of time for speculation; Brianna had to react quickly as the angry creature made the first move.

It lowered it’s head, and charged straight at Arc. Head Smash, a powerful move. Brianna jumped to the side and ordered Arc to go the other direction. The lightning hound quickly got out of the way and the Tyrantrum crashed into a tree.
The tree practically exploded with the impact. The attack could quite possibly kill Arc outright if he was hit by it. This monster of a Pokemon was not messing around.
The Tyrantrum recovered quickly, obviously it had the Rock Head ability or else the recoil from that move would’ve damaged it somewhat.

“Arc, Thunderbolt, now!” the electrical charge crackled through the air and the energy was released in a single bolt of electricity that crashed into the beast.
However it didn’t seem to have taken much damage. That’s right, these things were part Dragon weren’t they? This would be tough...Arc had an Ice move of course but his physical attack wasn’t very high. Nonetheless the only chance would be to score a good hit with Ice Fang.

Problem would be doing so without getting crushed by the Tyrantrum’s powerful attacks.
She had one idea. This thing was sure to have the powerful Dragon move Outrage. If she can get it to use that move, the Tyrantrum will be worked into such a frenzy that Arc could take advantage and sneak a physical attack in.

“Hey lizard lips, you can do better than that, big guy like you can’t even catch little ol me?” Brianna knew that the Pokemon probably couldn’t understand her speech, but the language of taunting was universal. “Eat another Thunderbolt!”
Arc revved up and once more scored a hit on the Tyrantrum. And, though still didn’t do much damage, it seemed to be enough for the desired effect. Being taunted on one side and attacked on the other, the great beast was rilled up just enough for...bingo.

The Pokemon let out a loud roar and began thrashing about, knocking over trees and generally making a mess of things. Arc was smart enough to know how to dodge without being told and he kept just out of distance of the Pokemon’s attacks.
Brianna kept careful watch as her Arc jumped and dashed out of the way of the violent attacks. She struggled not to get overwhelmed with emotion at the display of power. She instead focused on the things movements...waiting...for...there! A slight delay right as the Outrage faded. “Go, Arc, Ice Fang on its right side!” Immediately Arc leapt forward, his mouth open and fangs glowing with a frosty blue...

The Tyramtrum suddenly spun around and hit Arc with its tail. The Pokemon’s reflexes were amazing if it had managed to recover from the Outrage so fast.

No time to be impressed, Arc had been knocked into a tree and had taken a large amount of damage from the impact.
What was worse was the Tyrantrum was ready for more. It rushed forward, not with the ferocity of Outrage or the directness of Head Smash, but with determination and focus. Its jaw opened wide and a glow similar to Arc’s Ice Fang but red and flaming. Fire Fang. And something seemed off...something about the attack seemed stronger. No way, this thing had both Rock Head AND Strong Jaw?

There was no helping it. She had to do it. Reaching her hand high in the sky she activated the ring on her finger. Arc swiftly Mega-evolved into a new, much more powerful, form.
Even a Pokemon as strong as Tyrantrum couldn’t help but be affected by the aura of Intimidation that Arc now projected. It hesitated long enough for Arc to regain composure and dodge out of the way.

“Time to get serious.” Brianna muttered. The real fight started now.

"The specimen is reacting better than preliminary tests suggested. It appears that both the Dual Ability Project was a success, ma'am, as was the trained resistance to confusion." One of the workers at their station reported to Genevieve, continuing to monitor a plethora of data that was whirling across their screen.

"I can see that for myself." Genevieve snapped, engrossed with the scene that played out before her. "I am more interested in her." She said, pointing at Brianna. This girl, while a giant nuisance, was proving to be quite the resilient young lady. 

2qtv5g2.jpg

Stephen was relieved to hear that Al would be staying with the group. This place, while magnificent, boasted an ominous sense of danger that put Stephen on his toes. There was something about the emphatic blond that made Stephen feel slightly safer. Perhaps it was his confidence and self-assured attitude or simply because he was able to act like an adult, a trait that Stephen was still trying to learn. Regardless, it made him feel marginally better. Before the disheveled scientist-looking woman or the twin, who wasn't really a twin at all, could respond, a ferocious roar echoed throughout the garden. Immediately, Stephen's heart rate began to quicken. Never in his life had he heard a sound some intimidating. Not even when he had accidentally stumbled upon a mother Ursaring and her newborn cubs. This was so much more...terrifying.

"What...w-hat was th-that?" Stephen asked, his smile completely disappearing from his face as he tried to control the shaking of his body. Sensing his trainer's distress, the single Pokeball at Stephen's side opened. A brief flash of light revealed the spritely form of a male Roselia. Immediately a calming fragrance wafted about the air. "Thanks, Thorn." Stephen muttered, trying to not make it evident that the Roselia had revealed himself in an attempt to stave off a panic attack in his trainer.

Looking to where he thought he heard the roar originate, he noticed a flock of beautifully colored bird-like Pokemon to the trees as the sound of cracking timber struck the air. "That's the direction that Brianna headed towards..." He said, now quite concerned for the red-head's safety, even though she was a total ass.

"Any luck?" Terra asked her faithful Diggersby, who replied with an apologetic shake of his head, "...now what?"

By the looks of it, the door would needed a helluva lot more force applied to it than Diggersby could offer alone. The other doors would've been equally difficult to breach, and if they were smart, these builders would've reinforced the floor as well, which would've prevented Diggersby from just tunneling his way around it.

Now Terra was having an epiphany that maybe the New Genesis scientists never wanted the party alive after all. Why else would they trap everyone in a place where volatile and highly dangerous Pokemon could be lurking around any given corner? Furthermore, it might explain the actual reason why Genevieve insisted on the party only bringing one Pokemon each; perhaps she just Tauros crapped her way into restricting their chances of survival so they'd be as low as she could possibly make them. And there were those dreaded cameras that Terra noted while Diggersby made his attempt to breach the door. Yep, more and more evidence was backing up Terra's earlier hypothesis, and that was just making her sick to her stomach. She breathed a heavy sigh.

'I knew I should've brought Garchomp with me instead,' Terra thought to herself, before turning to Diggersby, "Let's go, Diggersby. We'll have to come back later."

Having realized that her best option was to return to the others, Terra began her trek back to where she came from... and pondered all the while all the possible prehistoric Pokemon that could've opened that door in huge numbers. Perhaps there were plenty of Rampardos, Bastiodon, Aurorus or even...

A deafening roar filled the air around the garden in an instant, interrupting Terra's thoughts. There was only one Pokemon that could make such a roar: a Tyrantrum, and one that was highly pissed off at that. Terra darted off just as the second roar hit. She had to intercept that Tyrantrum and calm it down somehow, or else none of the party would make it out of this badly overgrown vegetation alive.

"No offense, Cysero, but I'm starting to think I should have brought Rna with me," the huntress spoke with a low voice as she silently snuck through the plant-life to get from one area to another, the darkness of her clothing allowing her to blend in to the ground when she had to suddenly drop to avoid being seen by various of the ancient Pokemon.

"I wouldn't blame you, either," remarked the red and blue space duck, who was showing his fear by acting nowhere near as insane as normal, phasing through the plants to avoid both disturbing them and leaving his own odor on them. While the pair was exploring in their own forms of stealth, the pair noticed something fast about these creatures. Though Tayla noticed this through the translator in her right ear, both of them noticed that they could not understand these Pokemon.

"Huh, I guess Pokemon languages evolve just like human ones do," she couldn't help but remark quietly to herself as she held out her wrist towards the various Pokemon they spotted, releasing a few microdrones from a device on her wrist to momentarily attach themselves to each of the variety of creatures about. Once she tagged a decent number of them, she brought the wrist with the silver device on it, tapping the screen on occasion as if it was an iPod in another reality.

Upon the screen was strands of DNA, both visually mapped to see the spirals as they would appear under a microscope and below in text to see the actual strings. She was studying them carefully, constantly getting the creepy feeling that something was very wrong with the readings she was getting, especially after seeing in the DNA of a Tyrantum the abilities of both Rock Head and Strong Jaw at once. But the strawbreaker came with the DNA of a Fossil Pokemon she had an unfortunate meeting with once before when trying to find Kyogre and failing.

Kabutops.

Both Swift Swim and Battle Armor was present in the specimen she managed to scan with this device, her DNA Scanner pointed out, as well as...

...wait, what?!

"Okay, I've actually been scorched by that move before. There's no f***ing way a Kabutops can know or even learn Sacred Fire." She only barely managed to keep that outburst as a whisper when she felt something round tap her on the shoulder, which was enough to snap her out of her momentary session of fuming to notice something clearly.

The sounds of battle and a roar that belonged to a Pokemon she wasn't familiar with.

“Eat another Thunderbolt!”

There was a trainer involved in this fist fight, something that set her on edge and fast.

"Time to have fun," Cysero asked hopefully of the trainer in black, his ringed eyes pointed at her as he managed a smirk.

"Time to roll," Tayla said to his disappointment, which brought a groan from the Porygon-Z as the pair ran towards the sounds of combat. "Cy, when in range, smack whatever it is with Tri-Attack."

To this command, the space duck only nodded...

Lance was walking through the lush environment when he heard a roar unlike he had heard anywhere else.  "That must be a pokemon that's been revived here...I wouldn't expect any less from a place like this."  He rushed over to where he heard the commotion.  

He raced towards a bush near where he heard the sound and peaked out the front with Herc right beside him.  To his sarcastic surprise, it was Brianna who had been the source of the commotion.  He didn't think a Manectric's roar could be so loud and scary.  His attention turned when the earth shook beneath his feet.  That wasn't Arc who had roared, it was a giant, battle-worn Tyrantrum who had entered the scene.  

The beast charged head first.  "Head Smash, of course!  Tyrantrum's strongest move...but that should hurt a little right?"  Lance whispered as the beast shook of the remnants of the tree that had been shattered by its skull.  This dino was packing the ability Rock Head.  

Brianna taunted the beast as her partner attacked.  That's probably the only thing her mouth was useful for.  Annoying pokemon so she could get an easy win.  An ice fang came from Arc but was interrupted by the Tyrantrum's ferocious outrage attack, which had clipped the Manectric with its tail.  A fang move was now being used by Tyrantrum, and the jaw could be seen as getting stronger.  "Wait...Rock head aaaaand Strong Jaw??"  Lance thought in disbelief.  

If that wasn't enough to blow Lance's mind, He saw Brianna Mega Evolve Arc into Mega Manectric.  The pokemon exuberated power and was able to dodge an incoming Fire Fang from the Dinosaur.  Lance scoffed.  "Mega Evolution is just a cheap trick.  Herc's strong on his own, he would never have to Mega Evolve, especially if he wanted to take on a Manectric."  Herc nodded in agreement.  

*SCHWING*  

Lance felt air rushing above him and noticed the bush had been given a quick trim.  He turned around to notice a rather large Kabutops.  If he had to go off anything, he was sure that this thing was capable of having two abilities as well.  Battle Armor and Swift Swim were the two he could think of.  Luckily for him it wasn't raining, and he didn't have to rely on crits to win his fights!  

"Herc, let's show this thing the strength of our tedious training!"  

Herc rushed in, amazingly fast.  The Kabutops tried to counter it with a Low Sweep.  "Ahhhh a fighting move huh?  Let's see if you can handle ours!"  he thought.  Herc's appendages glew bright, gaining power, and unleashed it in a flurry of fists and horn jabs.  This was Herc's Close Combat.  The Kabutops took each blow with a grunt.  It was super-effective of course.  Herc finished off the onslaught with a quick, but strong, horn jab.  The Kabutops was sent flying.  

"Hmph....no match for us at all!"  Lance was interrupted by the smell of fire.  The Kabutops jumped forwards, pulsing with blue fire, and rushed the two.  Herc prepared himself for the impact, and was hit by a Sacred Fire.  The impact sent Herc flying into Lance, who caught the horned beetle, was also flung back by the momentum that sent Herc back.  This pushed Lance and Herc onto Brianna's battlefield.  He sighed.

"This wasn't my idea..." He told the girl.  A roar from the Tyrantrum shocked Lance enough to make him drop Herc straight down.  The Kabutops emerged from the background onto the battlefield.  Another hefty sigh came from Lance.  They were sure in for it now.  

Panting with a combination of exertion and excitement, Brianna stared down the giant Pokemon. "Alright Arc let's show him what we're really made of." Not many trainers were able to master the skill of Mega Evolution and Brianna took pride in having learned how to strengthen her Manectric to amazing levels.

"Eat another Thunderbolt!" She called out. She knew that it hadn't worked last two times but now...yes!

It still wasn't as much damage as she'd like, but the Mega Manectric's power boost was able to break through the resistance and inflict some decent harm on this king among fossils.

And then her battle was interrupted by the kid and his Bug. Dammit this is exactly what she wanted to avoid. And he brought with him an injured and very angry looking Kabutops.

"This wasn't my idea..."

"Yeah, well you're here now. Just make sure not get in my way, m'kay?" This was bad though. She didn't know how strong this trainer was, but his Pokemon was obviously injured. And, while Kabutops was part Water and thus weak to Manectric's strongest move, having to focus on both it and Tyrantrum was...a hassle.

She had an idea though. "Arc, to me!" Her partner dodged the Tyrantrum's Head Smash and made its way to Brianna.

"Now, Roar!" Arc seemed to grin as it let out a loud Roar attack. Most wild Pokemon would flee in fear from this move. However these two obviously were different. Brianna was starting to wonder if they had been trained to be this way....

However she already had a feeling it wouldn't be so easy and so she didn't mind. Her main purpose of this attack was to subtly turn the two fossil Pokemon's attention from the intimidating lighting hound to the newcomer.

"Sorry kiddo," She thought to herself. "but if you're gonna bring in another enemy I'm gonna have to get them to focus on you before I can finish either of them off"

And that's when a Porygon-Z came zipping into the fray like a Zubat-outta-Hell and fired a Tri-Attack straight at the Tyrantrum.

The Normal type move was resisted by the Pokemon's Rock typing but it seemed to have hit the beast hard nonetheless. Seemed Brianna wouldn't get to have as much fun as she expected. Though it certainly was...interesting to see what the other guest's power was like.

Wait.

Why was the thing looking at her and Arc with that creepy....er....grin?

(For the record, I rolled for the secondary effects on Tri-Attack, and had to flip between this and Burn... Also, while typing this up, I had stats opened up for both default Tyrantrum, Kabutops and Porygon-Z.

Also...I'm doing this post from the Porygon-Z's POV for once. XD)

The attack may have been resisted, but it did what it was meant to do. Anyone paying attention to the Tyrantrum would have noticed something...odd. Tiny electrical sparks going across its rocky scales that shouldn't have been able to carry such energy and the large creature was moving at a slowed rate.

Paralyzation.

It wasn't going to do damage over time, nor reduce the massive amount of Attack power the bad boy had, but hopefully it would be slowed down enough to make dodging much easier.

"A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go," Cysero started randomly singing as his bulls-eye eyes began to glow momentarily, the effects of Download starting to trigger. Both Pokemon share a Fighting-weakness and had lower Special Defense than regular Defense, he noticed in his scan. However, the Kabutops still had a mighty-weakness to Grass moves, tearing it up between which to go for.

"Heigh ho, the dairy-o, a hunting we will go."

It would probably be easier to eliminate one before taking care of the other, it looked like the Rock Dragon was already in a fist fight with something else.

"A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go," the nutty Pokemon continued to sing as a ring of lights began to encircle the Virtual Pokemon, shifting in color from a brownish-orange to that of a greenish color, the color often paired with the Grass element, before combining together into one large ball of light and launching it towards the Kabutops. However, the scythes on the Kabutops' blades began to surround itself with a powerful flame before slicing at the attack with an X-pattern, weakening the incoming attack, but accidentally turning it into a multi-hit move with of the four mini-orbs impacting on the ancient Pokemon.

"We'll catch a fox and---oh, you're the one with Sacred Fire," Cysero quipped, finally interrupting his little song when he did as a scowl managed to fall on his face.

"Arceus-dammit, what kind of f***ed up facility is this," the Porygon-Z heard before daring to 180-spin his floating head, catching sight of his partner coming out of the plant-life with...

Where did she get those tonfas from? They look like they've taken hits from the Pokemon here, which attests to the strength of the metal weapons admittedly.

And...a blade goes between its head and body. Very-lucky such an action had no use against a Pokemon like himself. Cysero turned his head back around to see the Kabutops now in his beak, which would have had him clicking his tongue if he had one. "Well, this is a problem."

"Cy, keep it busy," he heard Tayla order, to which he picked up on the human in black running up to... Oh, oh, oh! He saw what she was doing, he thought to himself as the grin returned to his face.

Any good hunter eventually learns how to mirror certain Pokemon moves and this one was gearing up for her own version of Close Combat upon the Kabutops...

When a roar shook the air, Alaric couldn't help the tingle of fear that shot down his spine. Instinctual reaction, he thought, slightly annoyed with himself.

"What...w-hat was th-that?" Stephen asked, body already going through the hallmarks of a fight-or-flight response. As if in response, the Poké Ball at his side opened, revealing a small green Pokémon that Alaric had seen in Lostlorn Forest sometimes. A Roselia. Said Pokémon released a sweet smell that had a calming effect on the boy. "That's the direction that Brianna headed towards..." he said, attention focused entirely on the sound's origin.

The roar had also woken Marie, who had immediately scurried to her owner's shoulder and sniffed the air. Whatever it was she scented, it was dangerous, as her fur had immediately frizzed in fear. That...was not a good sign. Though, to be fair, quite a few things spooked Marie, namely Liepard. Still, if this is dangerous...

Alaric's mind immediately ticked through the possibilities. Quite likely, the others had heard the roar and either ran away or ran to help. In the latter case, their presence might not even be needed. However, approaching the source of the trouble would be another way to get the group together, which was the optimal situation here. And of course, a prince could never turn away from helping a princess even if a dragon lay between him and her. Especially if a dragon lay between him and her. How annoying.

Decision made, the blond turned to Stephen. "We must help her! Tis our duty to aid a damsel in distress!" he flung his arm out in front dramatically. Though part of me wonders if she actually needs that help or not, his inner self thought sarcastically.

Alaric started to run forward, paused for a second while glancing at the black-haired boy, and then grabbed his arm before resuming his run. It also wouldn't do to run ahead and have a random prehistoric ambush the youth from behind. Not when he was just getting interesting...

Tyrantrum let out another roar, this one in frustration, as she desperately swung her tail at one of the annoying intruders that had dared to venture into her territory. What was worse, was that it seemed to have brought a pack of intruders with it. Even now, the ancient dragon Pokemon could smell more of the meat-bags drawing closer. Projectiles and adversaries alike flew towards Tyrantrum, who barely took note of the pesky attacks as they hit her closely knit scales. She had long since become desensitized to pain. They would have to do a lot better than that if they wanted to phase her. Of course, that didn't mean their efforts weren't taking a physical toll on the monstrosity.

Her attacks were becoming more and more sloppy, easier to dodge. How could she hope to defend her territory if she were impaired in such a way? She'd have to be more clever. "TYRAN!!!" She screamed at the intruders, feigning another swipe of her tail. As she expected, they dodged out of her way, returning fire with an array of attacks. Letting each of them land their mark, the Tyrantrum fell to the ground with a colossal THUD!

2qtv5g2.jpg

Stephen raced after Al, whom charged into the jungle as he spouted some chivalrous phrase about saving the damsel. Every nerve in his body tried to hold him back, telling him that running towards whatever had made that horrendous roar was a terrible idea. Stephen fought back, rationalizing that it would be best to follow Al and find the others than to stay exposed on his own. Unfortunately, that thought process quickly fell flat as the tumultuous vines and abundant leaves swallowed up the blond haired performer in a sea of green.

"Al?" Stephen called nervously, not sure where he had disappeared to. "Where are you?" It seemed that the two had been separated. The young Pokemon racer would have to figure this out by himself. "Alright, Thorn. Just you and me now." He said, trying to calm his own nerves as he addressed the rose-like Pokemon that sat on his shoulder, still exuding the perfume-like fragrance, the only thing that was keeping Stephen from freaking out.

A rustling of leaves alerted the two of them to the presence of...something. Perhaps Al had come back for him? "Al, is that you?" Stephen called, anxiously trying to look through the dense vegetation. As he did so, a scythe like blade came within inches of taking his nose off as a Kabutops stumbled into the area, followed by a Porygon-Z and Heracross were obviously doing battle with it. 

Stephen yelled out in surprise, although well slightly relieved to see two trainers that he had traveled with appearing out of the brush behind their battling Pokemon. Of course, he had no way of knowing that just a few trees away, there was a massive, carnivorous Pokemon eager to take a bite out of him. His current objective had to be the Kabutop, who had just labeled him as a threat.

Running away from the scythe swinging fossil, Stephen barely avoided being cut in two. "Thorn! Do something!" He screeched, unable to come up with a direct command. Fortunately, his Roselia had already begun to take action into his own hands. Taking aim at the advancing Kabutops, Roselia blasted it with a powerful storm of multi-colored petals. The powerful grass type attack immediately bit into the rock and water type Pokemon, who now relented and was taking to the defensive instead of the offensive. Fleeing back into the jungle, the Kabutops thought it better to survive than to continue his hunt.

"A-a-re you g--guys alright?" Stephen asked Tayla and Lance, sliding to the ground with his back against a tree. He was visibly shaking and Thorn's soothing scent didn't appear to be having much affect.

2qtv5g2.jpg

Genevieve looked impressed as the subjects seemed to converge on the Tyrantrum. It appeared that despite their obvious tendency to squabble, that they had a great deal of potential as a team. If only they would put aside their egos. She made a note. This exercise was proving to be quite fruitful in the information she was gaining.

Things continued to heat up when a Kabutops joined the fray, causing a few members of the party to break off to combat it. Idiots. She thought to herself. Their strength would be found in staying together. Although, that didn't appear to matter much as she watched the Tyrantrum fall to the ground. Now she could honestly say she was surprised. She hadn't expected the beast to go down quite this early. Oh well, she had gained the information she needed. 

[spoiler=OoC]

First, let me apologize for taking control of Lance and Tayla a bit, but I am wanting to move things along and to do that, I needed to start moving things to their conclusion. In your next posts feel free to express confusion about the sudden defeat of the Tyrantrum. Perhaps regroup. Make sure everyone is okay. Genevieve will be joining you all shortly. 

[/spoiler] 

Lance and Brianna were about to be in the fight of their lives.  A Tyrantrum and Kabutops, both powerful fossil pokemon, had converged onto the same battlefield.  Lance knew he had the type advantage, but that Kabutops who was able to engulf itself in Sacred Fire proved to be quite the opponent.  

In a flash, a Porygon-Z arrived on the scene attacking both of the monstrous pokemon.  After the girl with tonfas went to town on it, the Kabutops fled from the current battleground and headed into the brush.  

"Impressive..." Lance thought to himself, "I thought I was the only one here capable of taking on pokemon in hand to hand combat...technically its not hand to hand since she used weapons...but it's impressive nonetheless."  It was true after all.  Lance had trained for his whole life and was on equal footing with most fighting type pokemon when it came to Martial Arts.  After learning his own style from Herc, he was able to suplex a Rhyhorn with ease.  

A loud thud could be heard in the opposite direction Kabutops had run off to.  The Tyrantrum had been defeated.  

"At least I don't have to deal with her anymore."  He said under his breath, giving Brianna a glare and heading off to finish off that Kabutops.  

"Thorn! Do something!"  The voice pierced his eadrums.  Just what he wanted to deal with...another one of these people.  After arriving on the scene, the Kabutops had been blasted with a barrage of petals, and chose to flee with it's life intact.   "A-a-re you g--guys alright?"  The kid was a nervous wreck.  Lance was not the one to judge, for he was the same way with social situations.  Combat was more his suited area.  He gave Stephen a nod of assurance, opting not to speak.  Herc, slightly injured, walked up to the Roselia and tried to suck some sap out of it's flowers.  

"Aw man! Keep it together Herc!"  Lance screamed in his head, hand over his blushing face.  "You're a battle-hardened warrior, not some sap sipper!"

"Alright, now that we're all here, we'll begin the tour. And don't worry, your Pokemon will be well taken care of until such time they are returned to your possession," the scientist woman said with enthusiasm. Evangela had to admit the woman could put on quite a show.

Gesturing for the group to follow her, Genevieve began to lead them through the facility, stopping periodically to explain what type of research was being conducted in different labs and allowing them to look at the individual work stations. Evangela would have been quite impressed had she not felt so uneased about this place. Evangela took much effort to the model guest, which is more than she could say for some of her companions. She asked questions at the appropriate time, and with difficulty succeeded in not making any snippy remarks. From her observation she could tell that she and Genevieve were in similar positions, and that the head researcher was trying very hard to make it seem as though she was interested in this tour, yet it was quite obvious, to Evangela at least, that she was quite fed up with the whole affair.

Leading them through an automatic door Genevieve made a large flourish with her hands, "And in here... you'll see what we like to call the Prehistoric Garden!" She said introducing it as though it was an amusement park ride. 

Walking into the room, it would have been hard to guess that the group was still inside. The humidity was incredibly high and sunlight beamed down from an indiscernible source, illuminating the copious amounts of leafy, jungle vegetation that sprouted all around them. It even sounded like the outdoors, there seemed to be a breeze that was rustling the treeline and the chatter of insect and bird Pokemon alike permeated the air. 

​"We've done our best to simulate the environment that existed on Earth over 60 million years ago, to accommodate the host of prehistoric Pokemon that our Fossil Lab has managed to revive. It is our hope to reintroduce a large enough population back into the wild so that these extinct and endangered Pokemon may once again thrive." Evangela listened intently as she described the impressive jungle's purpose. Even she was impressed by what they had done here, though she had to wonder how they were 'preparing' the ancient Pokemon to return to the wild. It was a very widely known fact that Pokemon raised in captivity did not often do well once they had returned to the wild, and often died due to the fact that they had lost their survival instincts. Evangela very much hoped they were taking the proper precautions. Not to mention these were pre-historic Pokemon they were taking about here. The world of 60 million years ago is far different from what these Pokemon would be returning to. 

Genevieve opened her mouth to say something else, but then paused, bringing her hand up to a small device that sat comfortably in her ear. It appeared as if she were getting a message of some kind. "I see...I'll be there right away." Genevieve said to the voice in her ear, looking at the group apologetically. 

"It seems that an incident has sprung up and I'm afraid that I must attend to it. Fear not, however. Why don't I leave you all to explore the rest of the garden and I will be back as soon as I can to continue the tour?" With that the researcher turned and exited the garden going off to who knew where. 

As soon as she had left the very rude girl piped up.

"Oh look, seems our glorious leader has abandoned us. Whatever shall we do?" The young woman said in a heavily sarcastic tone. In fact it was so sarcastic that Evangela still swears to that very day she could see the very essence of sarcasm dripping from Brianna's words. "Well I suppose you all will huddle together and wait until mama comes back to hold your hand. Me? I'm gonna go check this place out." And with that she was gone without even a backwards glance, though her departure was one of many as the air sick boy also started heading off into the jungle though notably into a different direction. The girl who had voiced Evangela's suspicions earlier also wondered off without a word. 

"Don't you think we should stay..." though it was futile as the others had already gone out of earshot, "...together." 

In fact the group in the end seemed to be down to just her, the blond young man who had also seemed suspicions of the place, and the black haired boy who had dismissed her earlier. 

"Please don't say you'll be running off on your own too?" Stephen said, addressing the remaining members of the group. Evangela felt almost sorry for him. She could sense his obvious apprehension, and felt the urge to comfort him. The blond beat her to it though, so she elected to keep her mouth shut. 

"No, no," he soothed. "After all, it's more sensible to remain in a group. Striking off on our own...to be honest, though it pains me to say is likely to get us killed." Evangela almost faced palmed, but thankfully the young man quickly caught himself."Or terribly injured," 

As soon as he had finished speaking though a loud roar eoched from the depths of the forest in the direction the redhead had gone in.

"What...w-hat was th-that?" Stephen asked, his smile completely disappearing from his face as he tried to control the shaking of his body. As if on cue the Pokemon on the boy's side opened and revealed the forme of a male Roselia. Immediately a calming fragrance wafted about the air. The boy muttered something Evangela couldn't hear then before getting dragged off by the blond who said something about saving a princess. 

Now all alone Evangela looked to Gardevoir.

"You know I've been quite curious to see if there's a hot spring in these pre-historic gardens, and haven't showered all day."

"Seems like a much better idea that running off in the direction of what ever that was," Gardevoir replied looking pointedly in the direction of the roar. 

"Yes, yes. Best to stay out of trouble now." And with that Trainer and Pokemon walked off into the forest.

-------

Several minutes later Evangela and Gardevoir had found themselves in a quaint little clearing, and though it wasn't a hot spring the small pond they had found was quite warm. Laying her baggage down Evangela opened one of the suitcases revealing spare clothing, and toiletries. Stripping down to the buff she stretched leaving nothing to the imagination, and then proceeded to bend over giving whatever cameras Genevieve had a Moon Blast of her own before finally submerging herself into the water.

"Ahhh... now this is the life isn't Gardevoir?" Evangela sighed as she grabbed the shampoo rubbing it into her hair.

"I must agree... I must agree..." Gardevoir sighed back allowing herself to sink further into the water.

--------

Several very relaxing minutes later Evangela and Gardevoir were dry, and the young psychic was again packed, though now she was dressed in her usual blue ensemble. They pair again set off into the forest noticing that the sounds of the roaring Pokemon had ceased. They had only just walked back into the forest when a Kabutops came flying by them as though it feared for it's life.

Walking a little further the two found themselves again reunited with the group, an especially large Tyrantrum collapsed on the ground very obviously injured.

"Well, that Genevieve hasn't been gone for what 10 minutes, and you've all managed to beat the crap out of this poor Tyrantrum," Evangela said getting close to the ferocious ancient beast, examining the deep cuts and bruises on it's thick hide, "my God, what did you all do to this thing!?"

After some time, Terra finally managed to find the Tyrantrum that caused all the ruckus towards the party... only to see her fall to the ground with her own eyes. Sure, the Tyrantrum looked like she was beaten up good, but even then, Terra was surprised to see her felled this quickly. Then she turned to the attacking Manectric. It had Mega Evolved. Not bad, but even then, the only way that thing was gonna get anywhere was via a Hidden Power of a type that Terra wasn't aware of, or if the Tyrantrum had suffered prior damage; the latter of which seemed to be the case. Something clearly wasn't right at all. Before Terra could say anything, the blue-haired scientist from earlier arrived, regrouping with the party from... wherever she'd been. Terra only really noted Brianna's disappearance, though.

"Well, that Genevieve hasn't been gone for what 10 minutes, and you've all managed to beat the crap out of this poor Tyrantrum. My God, what did you all do to this thing!?" ...obviously the scientist hadn't been clued in that Genevieve had betrayed the entire party, trapped them here and left them to die. Terra had also been kneeling and observing the wounds, and she was sure that Brianna would b**** about them being attacked first, but before the latter got the chance...

"As much as I dislike siding with her of all people... none of these wounds look remotely natural," after whispering this to the blue-haired woman, Terra stood up, and turned to address the rest of the group, "Anyway, I believe I found a way out of this death-trap. Obviously we can't use this Tyrantrum here, but if we gather up all the fitter prehistoric Pokemon and have them pull against one of these doors that leads out, we might be able to open it to a degree for us and our Pokemon to fit through. We'll need some very strong Pokemon... and lots of them. In fact, we'll probably need a combined force that exceeds that of Regigigas now that I think about it..."

Alaric had somehow lost Stephen. Which was annoying, but not overly so, since the kid had appeared later accompanied by two others and a Kabutops. The blond sighed. He himself had arrived just as the action was dying down, so there had been no need to help. Thank Reshiram... He hated it when Marie had to get her fur dirty. The actor barely glanced at the Tyrantrum, deeming it unimportant for the time being. It was down for the count, which was what mattered. More importantly, the fleeing Kabutops was what worried him. It was still out there, which meant it was still a threat. Still, he supposed it wouldn't be returning anytime soon. It had looked sufficiently cowed at the time.

Now it looked like everybody was back together, which was a good thing. Alaric took that moment, out of the limelight, to think. That had been quite irresponsible of lady Genevieve, to leave us alone with rampaging prehistoric Pokémon. But, her goal can't be to kill us. After all, we're high-profile, and quite a few of us are strong trainers. No, she must want something else from us. What that is, though, I have no idea. Perhaps she's testing her "pets" against what she knows to be strong trainers? But no...that doesn't add up. Only a few of us are known for our battling skills, the others, myself included, are famous for other reasons. Then what could be her goal...?

The man shook his head. Baseless speculation. I still don't have enough information to form a conclusion, or even a decent hypothesis. At that moment, Terra suggested using the strength of the prehistorics to open the door. Alaric doubted it would work, though she got points for trying. At least I'm sure Genevieve will return. She's not finished with us just yet. No, not by a long shot. He let his eyes trace over the surroundings, sure that there were at least a couple cameras trained on this spot. Which reminded him...

"I am relieved you are all safe," he breathed, "Thank goodness. But, perhaps we should vacate the vicinity, just in case the Tyrantrum wakes up."

"Pffft, that's it?"

Brianna watched the Tyrantrum fall with a bittersweet feeling. The victory felt hollow. She was sure she could've taken it down if she had been given the time, one on one, but unfortunately that wasn't to be the case.

Seeing the beast up close like this, Brianna was able to quite easily tell apart the wounds from the fight and those that were there previously. This thing had been injured in a very intentional, very specific, way. The realization disturbed Brianna slightly. What possible reason could they have for injuring the Pokemon like that? Brianna was all for breeding stronger Pokemon but there were good and bad ways to go about it, and this was one of the worst.

Before long the area became crowded with everyone from the plane trip gathering about the unconscious Pokemon. The little flower boy who had surprisingly taken care of the Kabutops looked like he could keel over at any moment. And yet he was asking if they, correction everyone but Brianna, were alright. What a strange kid this one was....

"my God, what did you all do to this thing!?"

"Hey genius, you think I did that with a Thunderbolt? Anyone with half a brain can tell that wasn't from this battle." Brianna hated people like her, jumping to conclusions and making her out to be the bad guy for defending herself. Screw it; she wasn't about to take that crap. "Course you might have known that if you weren't hiding safe wherever you were while I was taking care of the big scary monster for you."

"Anyway, I believe I found a way out of this death-trap. Obviously we can't use this Tyrantrum here, but if we gather up all the fitter prehistoric Pokemon and have them pull against one of these doors that leads out, we might be able to open it to a degree for us and our Pokemon to fit through. We'll need some very strong Pokemon... and lots of them. In fact, we'll probably need a combined force that exceeds that of Regigigas now that I think about it..."

Oh this one. Brianna still wasn't sure what to think about her. "And why would I leave? There's nothing in here I'm worried about. Something comes our way; me and Arc will take care of it. Something tells me our little tour guide will be on her way back in here with apologies and complementary fruit baskets or some s*** shortly."

Especially given the fact she was pretty much certain she had spotted a few cameras here and there. Not that she'd go so far as directly look for them; right now was not the time to make herself a target of suspicion.

"I am relieved you are all safe, "Thank goodness. But, perhaps we should vacate the vicinity, just in case the Tyrantrum wakes up."

"While I hate to agree with Prince Trying-Hard-To-Be-Charming here; might be good to move. If only to get away from the smell. Seriously who would've thought fossil Pokemon reeked like this, damn."

With that being said Brianna beckoned to Arc and walked back the way they came; making sure to bump into Evangela and giving her best "Stay out of my face" look on the way.

Genevieve walked at a brisk pace, coming upon the doors to the Prehistoric Garden, pausing slightly, she attempted to put on her best look of concern before unlocking the doors and hurrying into the jungle-like room. Rushing through the vines and leaves, knowing full well where to go, she was surprised to find that Brianna had begun to walk away from the group and thus, she ran into her before the others. "Oh, thank goodness you're alright. I was only just informed about the Tyrantrum attack!" She gushed, trying to lay the fake concern on pretty thick. It was better to overdo it than to appear unfazed and cold. "Please tell me no one got hurt. Hurry, let's find the others." She didn't wait for Brianna to say anything and simply dragged her along with her with a group that even the rough-and-tumble red head would find difficult to break. 

It wasn't long before the lead researcher came upon the small clearing that boasted the unconscious, possibly dead, Tyrantrum and the rest of the subjects. "Oh my word!" She exclaimed. "I am so sorry about this. I hope that none of you are hurt!" She said, casting her concerned look across the entire group. Her eyes momentarily lingered on the young boy with the Roselia, Stephen, who sat huddled against a tree, shaking with fright. This one might not make it through the testing. She thought to herself. "My word, I wasn't even aware that they had released this specimen back into the Garden. Last I had been informed it was still under treatment due to an unfortunate conflict between itself and some of our other revived Pokemon. Had I known she was here, I never would have left you all." She rapidly explained, trying to overload the group with so much information that they wouldn't have many questions. "Come on, let's get out of h-" She began to say, but was interrupted when the form of the Tyrantrum suddenly shifted, it's tail sweeping across the group and colliding with a good number of the subjects and their Pokemon. 

Genevieve, who had just barely avoided being hit with the swipe of the tail, looked on in very real surprise and horror as the Tyrantrum reared up to its full height, revealing that its sudden defeat had all been a ploy to catch the intruders in her territory off guard. "Clever girl." Genevieve remarked, regaining some of her composure. Reaching inside her jacket pocket, she produced a Great Ball. In an explosion of white light, a red, insect Pokemon revealed itself. "Kricketune,  incapacitate." She directed. 

The Kricketune produced a high pitched tone that immediately caught the Tyrantrum's attention. For a moment, the ancient Pokemon froze before its eyes widened with fear. Kricketune's music rose to a crescendo, causing the Tyrantrum to stumble about before, for the second time, collapsing in a heap, this time for good. 

She knew it. Terra knew that Brianna would act up and take that uncalled-for tone. She didn't predict the exact words that actually came out of that snotty girl's mouth right, but in all honesty it was close enough. After all, Terra was no mind reader. What she was, however, was over Brianna's gloating that she proceeded to do.

"I've had just enough of your gloating!" yelled Terra, "Whether you want to admit it or not, the fact of the matter is that you got lucky. You saw the state that Tyrantrum was in; there was no way it could've been at full strength. And if it was, your "very scary" Pokemon over there would've fainted already. Well, unless of course some unlikely miracle happened and it got the right Hidden Power, but I highly doubt... that some wannabe moron... like you... would know ANYTHING ABOUT IT!! But go ahead; do yourself and that stupid Manectric of yours in! See if any single one of us gives enough of a Ratatta's ass to save you!"

What Brianna may have said in response would've gone straight through one of Terra's ears and out the other; the important thing was that, after actually agreeing with what another human being had to say for once in her life, the former eventually left. Good freaking riddance! However, the satisfaction was short-lived as, as Terra should've realized was an eventually in hindsight, Genevieve had returned. She appeared genuinely sorry for what happened to the party... but Terra saw through it.

"My word, I wasn't even aware that they had released this specimen back into the Garden. Last I had been informed it was still under treatment due to an unfortunate conflict between itself and some of our other revived Pokemon. Had I known she was here, I never would have left you all. Come on, let's get out of h-"

Terra was about to retort that that was a load of Tauros crap, but before she could even make the face for it, the Tyrantrum had summoned whatever strength she had left in her and began attacking again... only to be brought down for the count by what had to be a Bug Buzz from Genevieve's Kricketune.

'...the flying f***?!' Terra visibly mouthed out, having a hard time processing what just happened. OK, so Tyrantrum had poor Special Defense, and neither of her typings would've given her a natural resistance to Bug Buzz, a special attack. That much Terra could understand. But throughout her entire career as a professional Pokemon Trainer, Terra could've never imagined a trained Kricketune even standing up to, never mind actually defeating, something as far out of its league as that Tyrantrum should've been... even with all the prior damage that she had taken before engaging the party once more.

Something was seriously wrong with this picture, but Terra couldn't quite put her finger on it...

Archived