Pokemon: Transcendence [IC]

Ren✧

3PlD1Dt.png

214v4fr.png

3PlD1Dt.png

Genevieve's heels clacked loudly as she deliberately made her way across the marble floors. The sun was just starting to rise over the ocean, casting its beautiful warm tones across the aquamarine waters. It truly was a glorious sight, but its novelty had faded over the last eight months she had worked in this facility. Every morning she was met with a splendid sunrise, and every evening boasted a stunning sunset. And every time she saw it, she had wanted to scream. It was a testament to her continued failure. A constant reminder that time was passing as her dream continued to slip away. Every morning and night, Genevieve had wanted to curse her very existence. Every day...except for today, that was.

Today, she looked across the seemingly endless ocean and the smallest of smiles appeared on her lips. Today, hopefully, would wipe away all the past failures.  Today was cause for celebration, she thought.  However, as soon as the thought crossed her mind, a deep frown creased her lips. No. She couldn't allow herself in slack. There was still so much to be done.

Picking up a small stack of files on the desk beside her, she perused through them. Eight of them in total, she stopped every so often to better familiarize herself with the details. These subjects had been handpicked by Genevieve herself. Some of them were truly impressive, they had accomplished much at relatively young ages. It would have been enough to impress just about anyone. But, Genevieve wasn't just anyone. No, she had learned her lesson. Talent wasn't enough. After all, nearly all the others had failed, and they boasted resumes better than most of these new subjects. Talent was merely one trait that the subjects must possess. 

Still, she had high hopes. If the details she had received thus far were accurate, she expected to have eight more successes by the time the sun set.

2qtv5g2.jpg

[spoiler=OoC]

Pretty generic start up. You will all be meeting at New Genesis's newest facility, which is found several miles south of Unova on a small collection of islands that the company owns. New Genesis has provided transportation by air that took off just a few minutes ago, with you all on board. Having achieved cruising altitude, you are all free to interact with one another. It's a state of the art jet with first class service. Have at it!

[/spoiler]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bored.

Bored. Bored. Bored.

A woman dressed in simple black clothing was looking out the window near her seat, her elbow resting on the edge and her chin resting in the hand on the same arm. She looked out through the window and onto the white, fluffy clouds outside, wondering if clouds could even be felt by human skin.

A click sounded right next to her, followed by a brief flash of light that became a larger one after only a moment. She didn't need to turn her head.

"Hello, Tayla."

She already knew what that light was.

"Hello, Rna," the woman, Tayla, responded to the newly-formed human now beside her, the note of boredom extremely-obvious by now. It would be strange to see two of the same person on the plane, though the strangeness reduces slightly when one realizes that Tayla had on her person a Ditto. In fact, from the fact that about five Pokeballs could be seen on her, there was four other Pokemon she currently had on her that could come to say 'hi' at any moment.

"Bored again," she heard the double teased before feeling a finger poke into her shoulder, prompting a low growl to leave the huntress' throat.

"I've never been one for flights," Tayla simply responded, never once moving from her position still.

"Suit yourself," she heard before seeing what looked like a double of herself leaning forward and looking out the window with a confused look. "Is that Cysero outside?"

At the mention of the artificial Porygon-Z's name did Tayla jolt up, looking in all directions beyond the window next to her to finally catch a splotch of pink and blue flying next to the plane, for now doing really nothing...but she could see the grin from there. The space duck had a scheme and Tayla did not want to find out what it was.

"Cysero, get back in here now," she ordered of the Porygon-Z outside the plane, seeing it make a motion that could be seen as an equal to snapping its miniscule fingers before flying back towards the plane, digitizing itself through the wall to get itside...

"Hm...." Lance sighed to himself.  He was not a fan of heights, so he tried to take his mind off the fact that he was miles up in the air.  Queezy at the thought, he almost grabbed his stomach.  *No,* he thought, *I don't want these...people....any sign of weakness.  They must be a tough crowd to be invited to such a mysterious event like this.*  

"Hera??"  Herc, Lance's Heracross, cried with concern.  Lance just waved his hand in a shooing motion to relieve Herc of his concerns.  Lance rubbed the beetle's head with care.  He looked over to see a girl...and her twin?  

*No...something's off about that girl...not the girl girl...but the other girl...yeah...that girl...oh well...nothing of my concern.*  Lance then looked out the side window past Herc, and became motion sick once more.  Looking straight forward, he closed his eyes and emptied his mind.  This airplane wasn't going to get the best of this trainers spirit!  Herc just snickered at his trainer, and Lance cracked a faint smile.  

Brianna leaned back, propping her feet up onto the seat in front of her. She didn't check to see if anyone was currently using the seat but it didn't matter much.

This plane was pretty nice. Nothing less than she deserved for what she'd done. However there really wasn't much to do and they still had a ways to go. She was getting impatient, long flights were such a bore. Hopefully her partner didn't get too restless.

Looking down fondly at the Manectric beneath her legs she cracked a smile.

She had checked out the other passengers and, frankly, they were all a bunch of chumps. This suited her just fine though. Just meant it would be easier for her to do whatever the hell she wanted.

There was a Heracross trainer over there. The Pokemon itself was impressive but the trainer? Well, not so much. Someone who couldn't even handle a little flying surely couldn't have done anything worthwhile. They must have gotten in thanks to something wimpy. Like that fancy-pants artist over there, or that brainiac with what had to be a Ditto.

"Hey pipsqueak! Yeah you, barf-boy. How long you think you're gonna last? I'd give you about 5 minutes. We haven't even hit any turbulence yet." Brianna laughed loudly at the thought of what he'd do once the plane got a little shaky. Maybe she could get SOME entertainment out of this flight after all.

Lance was meditating peacefully when he heard another trainer on the plane make a comment at the fact that he was getting sick.  *Crap....she's good...i thought i was covering this weakness of mine pretty well.*  He thought to himself.  He opened his eyes to see a female trainer kicking up her feet against a seat.  *She seems rude...why would i give her the satisfaction of getting to me...it's not like i've let anyone do it before, so why start now.*  Lance was used to being called names, mostly from his father and peers at the dojo who saw him as weak.  The trainer also had a Manectric that Lance could tell was a very well trained one.

"Hera!!!" Herc growled in annoyance.  Lance signaled Herc to calm down by placing his hand high, and descending it, as if saying, "Hey Herc...you're up here, take it down to here."  Herc rolled his eyes and ignored the trainer.  Lance gave the trainer one more cold stare and then went back to his meditating.  

Alaric leaned back in his seat. This...New Genesis. It sounded interesting. Looker had given him express permission to go, but the blond couldn't help but wonder if he were getting in over his head. Because of this, he had decided against bringing anything incriminating. This was too risky to mess up with a rookie mistake. Besides, if he needed to pull the "agent" card he could just call Looker. No, this mission was strictly undercover. New Genesis had invited him because he was an actor, and act he could do. Well enough to fool even those who thought he was "off-duty."

The man scoffed internally. Those fools didn't realize that even after the cameras stopped rolling, the mask never came off. No, it was just a different one. The sunny prince charming, the "Apollo of Unova," it meant nothing. Just another way to keep others at bay. Most likely, the others would think him harmless, a fool. Good for nothing more than looking pretty, fawning over ladies, and entertaining through the silver screen. He had learned to hide his claws well.

Whether he wanted them to think that...well, that was up in the air. On the one hand, showing his true self up front would make things easier for him. Most likely he would end up revealing it anyway if everything went sour. But...that wouldn't be any fun. And it was fun. Human beings saw only what they expected, after all. What better reason to play the role than that?

He had chosen an aisle seat to observe the other passengers. Better to put himself out here now, than to have others think him the "brooding, mysterious" type. Those types were always seen with suspicion or admiration, two things he didn't need here. The man smirked. He was a method actor, and it was time to let Sir Fop-a-Lot take over.

The blond glanced around at the others. Three had caught his attention so far, simply because of how noisy they were being. One, a young lady with long brown hair and wearing all black (two of them now), had been communicating with her Porygon-Z. A fascinating Pokémon, though he preferred his beautiful Marie, who was currently sunning herself on his lap. Another was busy looking like he was about to throw up. His brow furrowed, and a frown of genuine concern etched across his mouth, completely immersed in the role as he was. The man was about to ask if he needed anything, when a new voice, rough and sneering, interrupted.

"Hey pipsqueak! Yeah you, barf-boy. How long you think you're gonna last? I'd give you about 5 minutes. We haven't even hit any turbulence yet."

"Don't be that way, princess," he sent her a charming smile. Oh that will just piss her off wonderfully, his true self thought gleefully. Dinner and a show. Then he turned to the boy. "Are you all right? Do you need anything?"

"Don't be that way, princess."  The line was so cheesy that this almost made Lance as sick as the plane was. 

"Are you all right? Do you need anything?" was the next line he heard, directed at him.  Actual concern for his well being?  The boy was a dashing blonde male who owned a Cincinno.  This certainly was the cast of characters.  man these kids were on opposite sides of the spectrum.  A cackling witch and a charming prince.  

*Geez....why did i accept this stupid invitation!  I didn't know there were going to be this many people here....what a pain!  Now i have to try and talk to these people.*  Lance looked at the dashing boy with a blank stare and nodded.  

"Yeah..i'm fine.  Just not used to heights is all.  Thanks for your concern but i believe i'll be just fi-", Lance paused as his stomach gurgled a bit, "-fine..."

Stephen woke at the sound of someone shouting. He rubbed his eyes and tried to see what was going on. He cursed himself for falling asleep, but it had become inevitable. New Genesis had scheduled the flight so early in the morning that Stephen had practically fallen asleep whilst driving to the airport. He had immediately conked out as soon as he butt hit the very luxurious plane's seat. Unfortunately, that also meant that the others had probably already started to get to know one another while he had caught a few Z's.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he stood up and moved closer to others. Before he could introduce himself, however, a man with brilliant blond hair and a charming smile interjected.

"Don't be that way, princess." He said, taunting the red-haired girl that had seemed to be yelling at another one of the passengers, a boy that was looking a little green. 

Feeling the tension that was likely only about to get higher between the blond, who Stephen thought looked slightly familiar, and the red-haired woman, she opted to turn her attention to another passenger...or rather, passengers.

Two women, identical twins by the looks of it, sat together. A strange, duck-like Pokemon was floating nearby them. Stephen made a mental note to check that Pokemon out with his PokeDex when he got the chance. "Hi! I'm Stephen!" He introduced himself, a bubbly smile on his face. "I've gotta say, I've never seen a pair of twins that look so similar!" He exclaimed. 

Near the front of the plane away from any of the other passengers sat a young woman with peculiar blue hair. Rather than her usual neat appearance the young woman looked quite as though she had just rolled out of bed dressed in loose fitting white shirt that hung from her shoulders and a pair grey sweat pants. Knowing the flight to project sight would be a long one the young lady elected for the more comfortable mode dress over looking nice. It didn't really much matter to her though as she knew quite well it was not a beautiful wardrobe that made the researcher. No, many long days of not bathing, and locking herself in the lab had taught her that. 

Back to the present though. At the moment the middle aged researcher was engrossed in her work, and not even the commotion of the other plane's passengers behind her could bring her out of her work... though the loud headphones blaring music in her ears also probably helped with that as well.Her current project involved the average level of intelligence of a Pokemon when measured next to that of human being. At the moment she was analyzing the test results of several Pokemon including the very Gardevoir who sat next to her. 

Speaking of that Gardevoir, it unfortunately did not have the same luxury of the headphones that her mistress did, and had started to become very annoyed with the noise the other passengers were making. Determined not to embarrass Evangela it kept quiet merely looking out the window its hands folded primly over the gown-like part of it's body.

While it showed no outward display of emotions Evangela could sense its emotions and decided that perhaps it was a good point to end her research for the day.

"What's say we get a little something to eat," the young scientist said removing the headphones and shutting off her computer. "I'll go find a stewardess, you wait here." With that Evangela rose from her seat slipping on the flip flops she was wearing walking to the back of the plane passing the other passengers whom she barely spared more than a momentary glance. 

As the plane leveled out, Terra Montana finally stretched her arms and stood up from her seat, only to gaze out the window with a sorrowful look on her face. She wasn't even there​ at the New Genesis corporation buildings yet and already she was starting to miss her other Pokemon; primarily her Garchomp, who would've to be there just by her side. Thinking about the aforementioned Pokemon brought Terra back to the gold old days at the Indigo Grand Prix. Back then, Garchomp and Terra had been dominating the entire tournament, winning many of her Pokemon battles by a landslide. The only notable hiccup they had was right at the finals when this one guy's Cloyster managed to get a surprise move in on Terra's Hippowdon which defeated it, but apart from that...

Terra snapped back to reality when she caught a glimpse of her pacemaker going from showing the number 25 to showing the number 24 instead. Because of her defective heart, Terra would always keep a keen eye on that pacemaker. And even the slightest decrease was enough for her concern. Breathing a heavy sigh, Terra got out from the aisle of which she was meant to be seated and moved to try and find a flight attendant or someone, only to be distracted by a commotion. Despite not being a fan of drama, Terra curiously poked her head above the aisle right behind where this supposed drama had been playing out and, from what she could gather, a boy was starting to feel airsick... and then immediately this one girl decided to mock him for it.

'That b**** needs to be put in her place...' Terra decided with a frown across her face... except someone else already beat her to the punch. So instead, Terra decided to see how this commotion played out. No point trying to handle what was already handled successfully after all.

"Don't be that way, princess,"

Brianna's smiled inwardly, though on the outside she was giving a "Are you kidding me?" look. Looks like pretty boy would provide some entertainment. She knew everyone was watching. And she knew they were all thinking badly of her in some way. She was loving it.

"Listen up. I know who you are, some sort of actor big shot right? Thinks he's so good looking he can say whatever he wants and everyone will love him? Well let me tell you one thing. That kinda crap doesn't mean jack with me. You want to start something don't waste your breath. Show, don't tell, pretty boy." Yawning she stretched out, looking between her Manectric and the actor's scarfed rat. "Course it's pretty obvious I'd come out on top so I don't blame you for wanting to run and hide behind words."

Arc stirred at all the commotion and got up from his spot beneath her. He bared his teeth at the actor and let out a low growl. “Easy Arc, pretty boy there wouldn’t last a minute if we got serious, you can relax for now. I’m sure we’ll get plenty of chances to play after we land.”
She was outwardly calm but she cast a covert stern glance at the Manectric. If Arc got into his over-protective mood on this plane...they’d all go down. Luckily Arc was smart and caught on, laying back down but still staring at the blonde boy.

“Looks like pretty boy is ready to defend you, pipsqueak, you should thank him.” Brianna said, winking at the still-sick-looking boy.

So much going on!  This wasn't making Lance's stomach settle any faster.  Between this noisy red head and prying pretty boy, the plane was bustling with loud noises.  This was a sensory overload for Lance.  He noticed a girl with dark hair walk up with a stern look on her face.  Probably watching the weird spectacle that was unfolding.  Though...Lance could feel something odd with the girl...but thought nothing of it.  

Out of the corner of his eye he also saw a woman walk off looking rather...comfortable in sweatpants.  She didn't bother with the commotion, and he wished to be in her position.  

“Looks like pretty boy is ready to defend you, pipsqueak, you should thank him.”  Lance sighed at this comment as he already just thanked the supposed actor just a few moments ago.  *So he's famous huh....i don't really keep up with media...too busy training.*  He thought to himself.  

He looked at the red head again, gathering his composure.  He mustered up some social skills "Listen...uh...whatever your name is...I-I....I just don't like not being on the ground.  You yelling at me isn't going to change that....Y-you think you might be all that but l-listen here!  I may look small and weak, but I can promise you that my will is stronger than most, and my resolve is ten times as strong as that!  This plane won't stop me!  And neither will my stomach!!!!"  Lance's face grew red....he lost his cool again....this pest with red hair already got to him.  "Tch...." Lance noticed he had stood during the speech and sat back down, placing his fist under his chin and looking out the window.  

The blue-haired boy didn't look so good. "Yeah..i'm fine. Just not used to heights is all. Thanks for your concern but i believe i'll be just fi," he was interrupted by a stomach grumble. When he finished his sentence, Alaric could hear the urge to hurl in the word "fine."

Even the blond's true self felt concern now. He wasn't heartless, just...uncaring. But that didn't mean he couldn't wonder about the health of the young man in front of him. If he threw up without anything like a bag, it would get himself and the lovely plane dirty. And Alaric couldn't abide bad hygiene. He dug around in the seat in front of him, procuring a sickness bag which he quickly opened. The blond had dealt with incidents such as this before. One of his costars had the unfortunate luck of being prone to motion-sickness in all its forms, and airplanes were particularly cruel to her.

"If you still feel sick, do not hesitate to use this," Alaric passed over the bag. "It's much better to get sick in this than to get it all over yourself." He gave a smile meant to calm the other person down, and a stick of gum. "This might also help." He was about to say more, when the harsh voice of the young redhead caught his attention.

"Listen up. I know who you are, some sort of actor big shot right? Thinks he's so good looking he can say whatever he wants and everyone will love him? Well let me tell you one thing. That kinda crap doesn't mean jack with me. You want to start something don't waste your breath. Show, don't tell, pretty boy. Course it's pretty obvious I'd come out on top so I don't blame you for wanting to run and hide behind words."

Hm, for one who preaches showing, she sure loves to talk, his true self thought. Giving the woman in front of him another look, he decided to play the obnoxious gentleman once again. "Why princess, I'd love to accept your challenge, but I'm not the type to get myself dirty. 'Tis a bit uncivilized, I admit," he sent her another beaming smile. When the Manectric next to her growled, he shot it a wary look. Manectric were as unpredictable as the thunderstorms they loved to play in. Though I must admit I prefer dogs over cats, he shuddered inwardly, glancing at his beautiful Marie, who still lay curled up, undisturbed in his lap. My poor Marie. I still remember that time with the Liepard...hideous beast.

“Easy Arc, pretty boy there wouldn’t last a minute if we got serious, you can relax for now. I’m sure we’ll get plenty of chances to play after we land.”

He snorted in amusement. A taunt. Such things had no effect on him, though he knew she meant her words. His smile widened when he saw the annoyed looks of the other passengers directed at her. What an interesting person... She had to know she was drawing negative attention, and yet here she was, pushing on, making herself the bad guy. Now, most people in this situation would continue only if they lacked social awareness, but he had the feeling that that wasn't the case for this woman. He itched to pick her brain apart, to see her reactions, as well as the reactions of the others. Everybody here...they were all key players. 'Tis only natural I learn more about them. Plus, it's fun... he pushed the thought back. He was getting dangerously close to slipping out of the prince's shoes and into his own.

“Looks like pretty boy is ready to defend you, pipsqueak, you should thank him.” The young lady winked at the pale man. Ah, was she playing it this way? Laying out the roles? His was apparently the defender, the young man was the victim, and she the bully. But of course, they all were so much more than their roles.

The young man rose from his seat, face reddening in anger. "Listen...uh...whatever your name is...I-I....I just don't like not being on the ground.  You yelling at me isn't going to change that....Y-you think you might be all that but l-listen here!  I may look small and weak, but I can promise you that my will is stronger than most, and my resolve is ten times as strong as that!  This plane won't stop me!  And neither will my stomach!!!!"

Alaric nodded at him. Hear, hear. Don't let that young lady choose your role for you. The ones you pick yourself are the most interesting to observe, after all. "Precisely. Motion sickness is an ailment that afflicts even the best of us." It was an obvious platitude, but it didn't make it any less true. "You make another good point, sir. 'Tis the height of discourtesy to not introduce oneself." He very obviously glanced away from the redhead. "My name is Alaric. Alaric Capell. And yours?" He flashed another camera-worthy smile at the both of them.

Brianna hadn't been more amused in a long time. The actor wasn't taking her seriously, which suited her just fine. If the time came to show him what she was made of she'd relish this moment and rub it in his face. She was certain none of these people had half her skill, she wasn't worried in the slightest.

"Why princess, I'd love to accept your challenge, but I'm not the type to get myself dirty. 'Tis a bit uncivilized, I admit,"

"Hell yeah it's uncivilized. That's what battles are, uncivilized, violent, dangerous. You wouldn't be able to last very long with that attitude. Guess you're lucky you landed such a cushy life, Mr. Actor." She wasn't very impressed by the man's attitude. As far as Brianna was concerned he had done nothing to earn such arrogance.

And as for the other one....

"Listen...uh...whatever your name is...I-I....I just don't like not being on the ground.  You yelling at me isn't going to change that....Y-you think you might be all that but l-listen here!  I may look small and weak, but I can promise you that my will is stronger than most, and my resolve is ten times as strong as that!  This plane won't stop me!  And neither will my stomach!!!!"

Brianna gave a round of applause. "Very nice speech, the stuttering was especially convincing. Let's wait until you survive the plane trip before making any claims like that, sound good?"

She glanced at everyone else. They all were looking at her with scorn or annoyance. Perfect. With a smile she announced. "My name's Brianna Malkut and just for the record, I don't really give a damn if I'm bothering you. You got a problem, say something, don't just sit there with those dumb looks on your face." That settled, Brianna pulled out a pair of headphones and kicked back, drowning herself in the music for the moment.

All the while she hid her intentions of watching the passengers reactions. This was actually pretty...fun.

Lance was grateful to the actor for showing his concern.  Lance took both the barf bag and stick of gum, and nodded in gratitude.  He didn't much care about anything else he had said.  *He doesn't care about me...he probably doesn't care about any of this.  He's an actor after all.*  His tone also proved to be quite annoying.  Taking a more pretentious and polite spin on all the words that came out of his mouth.  How annoying.  

"Very nice speech, the stuttering was especially convincing. Let's wait until you survive the plane trip before making any claims like that, sound good?"  This girl was also insufferable.  Breaking his focus, causing him to burst out into a stupid speech, trying to defend his weakness.  It only proved his point that being with this many people was getting on his nerves.  This girl had gotten to his core rather quickly.  It annoyed him.  Then, the actor suddenly bursted out.

"You make another good point, sir. 'Tis the height of discourtesy to not introduce oneself.  My name is Alaric. Alaric Capell. And yours?"  Ugh...that smile again.  

"My name's Brianna Malkut and just for the record, I don't really give a damn if I'm bothering you. You got a problem, say something, don't just sit there with those dumb looks on your face."  Lance could care less.  He'd be sure to avoid this Brianna girl to make sure he wouldn't blow his top again.  He had already given her a piece of his mind...regardless of how pathetic it came out.  *It always sounds cooler in my head...* he thought to himself.  Lance sighed.  He knew he was going to have to tell someone his name sooner or later, so why not get it out of the way now.

"My name is Lance.  Lance Stryder.  Sorry for causing trouble..."  He avoided eye contact with Alaric.  One more cheeseball smile and it was over for his stomach.  As for...Brianna...he noticed her intrigue as she slipped into her own little world.  He did as well, although he listened in to see if anyone else was going to chime in and mention names.  

Brianna Multak, huh? So that was the actual name of Ms. NegativeAttentionSlut. Still, the fact that she had a name didn't matter; the less she opened that cake hole of hers, the lighter the mood would be for the rest of the flight. Eventually, the girl stopped talking and did something else, and from there, the commotion diffused.

Her anger diminished, Terra smiled as she got up from the seat that she had taken and approached the other two boys. She already felt a lot better now that she could return to her normal self, and she hoped she could stay that way for the rest of the trip to the New Genesis buildings.

"You seemed to handle that pretty well if I say so myself," Terra complimented the boy named Alaric, before moving on to introducing herself, "My name's Terra Montana, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Terra extended a hand for Alaric to shake if he was so inclined, before noting the other boy named Lance, who shyly apologized for the commotion... despite not even being the one that caused it. Terra couldn't help but express sympathy towards him, and was debating on whether to reassure him that it wasn't his fault.

Making her way to the back of the plane Evangela hardly took notice of the other passengers and the ruckus they were creating. It wouldn't do her any good to get riled up on the plane ride there, especially if she would be working with these people for a while. Come to think of it Evangela didn't even know how long 'a while' was. The amount of time they would be working with New Genesis, in fact what they'd even be doing hadn't even appeared once in the invitation. Come to think of it, the entire affair was all rather suspicious.

"Miss? May I help you?" The thoughts of the project left Evangela's mind as the voice of the stewardess brought her back to reality.

"Ah, yes I would just like to know if I could have some snacks for me and my Gardevoir?" Evangela said with a smile indicating her Pokemon who had remained sitting rigidly prim in her seat. 

"Of, course, please take your pick," the stewardess with a pleasant tone opening a cabinet near her feet showing several various brands of snacks as well as Pokemon food. Next to her she also opened small refrigerator revealing a wide assortment of drinks.

"Oh, how about... this... this... and these... yes that will do," Evangela said having picked two bags of pretzels, a package of peanuts, a fruity alcoholic drink, and a bottle of fancy mineral water before turning on her heel to return to her seat.

"Nothing for your Pokemon, Miss?" the stewardess asked with surprise.

"Oh... no she prefers human food anyways, that's who the fancy water is for... tehe..." the blue haired scientist said throwing a quick grin over her shoulder leaving the stewardess with nothing but a baffled look.

As she was returning to her seat Evangela returned to her previous line of thought, and after stepping around Terra suddenly turned around interrupting the current conversation with a question of her own. 

"Real quick... on any of your invitations to this New Genesis project. Did any of them state what you'd be doing, or how long you'd be staying?" Evangela looked at the faces of the others waiting for answer ponder the question for herself. At first she had been excited about the thought of assisting with the project, but thinking back her invitation had never stated what it was that she would actually be doing. It was all quite suspicious business indeed.

Noticing that introductions were being passed around, and that the tension that had been caused by the girl who had introduced herself as Brianna was starting to dissipate, Stephen quickly excused himself from the twins, who hadn't turned out to be very chatty. "I'm Stephen Jameson!" He introduced himself enthusiastically, a sincere smile appearing on his face. "Let me see if I've got this right," He began, looking at the four that had introduced themselves. "Brianna." He said, pointing at the red haired girl that had caused all the trouble. "Lance" He said, gesturing towards the guy who was trying to keep his breakfast down. "Terra, and...Alan, was it?" Stephen asked, not quite sure if he had correctly remembered the blond's name.

"Real quick... on any of your invitations to this New Genesis project. Did any of them state what you'd be doing, or how long you'd be staying?" A woman with blue hair interjected. Now that Stephen thought about it, he couldn't recall any information being provided on the invitation. "No...I don't think so. Now that you say something, I suppose it was pretty vague..." He trailed off, thinking about the matter for a moment, a slight frown appearing on his face.

"Oh, well!" He said, brushing the issue aside, the smile returning to his face. He sure it was just an oversight or something, nothing to worry about. 

Alaric felt a slight stab of disappointment when the redhead, Brianna, seemed to calm down. Tch. I was enjoying that. Heightened emotions and reactions from everybody involved...but oh well. He shrugged, and turned to the boy he now knew as "Lance." But the boy didn't seem to want to talk to him, either. I can understand that, he thought. Some people just find Sir Fop-a-Lot too much to handle. He let his gaze linger for a second longer, mind whirring. His name is Lance...but he's not that Lance, no. That one has red hair. Unless he dyed it, but no...the two of them look nothing alike. Just a coincidence, he dismissed.

The blond decided to go back to contemplating New Genesis. It's even larger in scale than Devon Corporation, he thought. Yet for all its importance, there is much we don't know, especially concerning this new facility. Which is why this invitation gives me the perfect opportunity to investigate, off-the-books.

He looked up when a young dark-haired girl approached him and Lance. She looks to be a teenager, rather thin, and...what is that on her hip? It's displaying numbers, but... his thoughts were interrupted by her voice. "You seemed to handle that pretty well if I say so myself. My name's Terra Montana, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you." She extended a friendly hand, which most people would have shaken.

Alaric wasn't most people. In addition, he was still in prince mode. Specifically, Kalos-style prince.

The blond rose from his seat, taking care to set Marie down gently, and performed an elegant bow, taking the girl's hand and pressing a kiss to the knuckles. "Enchanté" he murmured, and lifted his head, deciding to repeat himself in case she hadn't heard his earlier introduction. "I am Alaric Capell, at your service, my lady," he rose from the bow, "'Tis a pleasure to meet you as well." He glanced at Brianna, "And as for that, well...I merely did what felt right." He would have expatiated his point, complete with theatric gestures and sorrowful head-shaking, except that another person had approached.

This one had black hair and a rather flashy ensemble of turquoise, magenta, and yellow, with enough black to balance it out. What a unique fashion sense, Alaric thought. I wonder if his personality matches his clothing. Often enough, it does. He shot the boy a second glance. He looks...familiar. Alaric didn't keep up with the who's who of Pokémon Trainers. That was more Looker's area of expertise. No, the blond kept an eye on those who became famous in other ways. He perused his memory before the lightbulb flashed. Ah-hah! Stephen Jameson, the famous Racer...not Rhyhorn Racing, that's a separate thing. Known as the Crimson Youth, most recent winner of the Johto Regional Pokémon Racing Championship. The blond felt a thrill of satisfaction when the boy introduced himself. I was correct, not that that's a surprise.

"Let me see if I've got this right," the boy started, pointing at each of them as he spoke. "Brianna, Lance, Terra, and...Alan, was it?"

The blond blinked, before letting loose a chuckle. "My pardons, my name is rather...unique." It originates from a region to the east of Kalos, actually, so I can't blame anybody for being confused. "You may call me Al, Al Capell," he smiled.

And then another person arrived from the back of the plane. She had very pale skin and teal hair that covered one violet eye, wearing mostly blue. She looked rather unique as well. "Real quick... on any of your invitations to this New Genesis project. Did any of them state what you'd be doing, or how long you'd be staying?"

Alaric almost laughed again, this time in satisfaction. It looks like I'm not the only person who has suspicions about this...excursion. His eyes narrowed. Wait...she's also familiar...has to be Evangela Elias. Famous owner of a Pokémon ranch, known for turning it from a rundown nothing to a bustling something, probably the most famous of all the ranches. And she's a famous Pokémon psychologist.

Excitement hummed through the blond's being. So many fascinating people. Not that it was unexpected. After all, the letter Alaric had received had given him the impression that everybody present would be famous in some form or another. I'm not surprised she realized something was off though, he thought. A psychologist is supposed to pick apart and analyze things, after all. Not unlike my job, in a way.

He was shaken from his thoughts by the black-haired boy's reply, "No...I don't think so. Now that you say something, I suppose it was pretty vague..." a slight frown replaced the youth's previously smiling countenance, before it was wiped away by another smile. "Oh, well!"

The blond gave an internal shake of his head. This boy...not that I should have expected otherwise. Most people aren't trained to be suspicious, and his personality leans more toward happy-go-lucky, from what I've seen. Outwardly, he kept to his role. "Ahaha, that just makes it more mysterious, no? Exciting! Any showman must know the value of secrecy until they unveil the curtain! I for one, look forward to seeing what this new facility has to offer." He finished his spiel with yet another smile. Thankfully, my endurance has increased over the years. It'll be a while before my face starts to hurt.

The pilot of the plane that was en route to the New Genesis facility, with a whole new batch of test subjects in tow, let out a long yawn. Absentmindedly he looked down at the monitor that showed him what was going on in the passenger area and rolled his eyes. It seemed that this group was bickering. Great... He thought to himself. That's just what he wanted to put up with, squabbling children. Turning the volume down, he returned to the clear blue skies in front of him. So engrossed in the monotonous task that flying had become, he almost didn't notice the warning signs. 

It had been that blue haired girl. The one that had first been sitting with the Gardevoir. She was the first to raise suspicion about the trip. Just catching the tail end of her question, the pilot made sure to turn the volume back up. Listening to their conversation, he grew uneasy as they started to question the validity of their trip. It was time to intervene. Fortunately, they were nearing their destination.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your pilot speaking, if you could please take your seats. We may hit some turbulence as we descend. Thank you for flying with us and welcome to New Genesis." Turning off the PA system, he immediately brought the plane's nose downward. Figuring that the group would have more difficulty conversing if they were too busy holding on to their breakfasts, the pilot purposefully made the landing a rough one.

2qtv5g2.jpg

Stephen disembarked the plane with the rest of the passengers, glad to be off the plane. Things had gotten a little bumpy towards the end and Stephen imagined he felt very similar to how Lance had started the trip. Stretching, Stephen inhaled deeply, enjoying the fresh air. The runway that they had landed on was surrounded with what appeared to be freshly cut grass that was sparsely populated with glorious trees.

A short walk away was a huge building that boasted thirty floors, at least, that was covered with huge glass windows that sparkled brilliantly in the late morning sun. At the base of the huge building, Stephen could just barely see the silhouettes of people that were dwarfed by the enormity of the facility. "Wow..." Stephen admired, unable to come up with anything else to capture the sight.

The pilot of the plane joined the passengers as they stood about, waiting for direction. "Alright everyone, let's not keep the hosts waiting." He said, leading them to the building. When they arrived, they were greeted with a woman with her hair tied back into a practical bun. She wore a lab coat over an orange sweater and a gray skirt. Most noticeably, she carried herself with a sort confidence and dignity that obviously marked her as someone of importance.

"It's great to finally meet all of you. I am Genevieve Masters, director of Research and Development for New Genesis, and head of this facility." She introduced herself, greeting the group before her with a seemingly sincere, but tight, smile. "Let me start by saying how very impressed I am with all that you have achieved." She said. Before she could say anything else, the pilot moved closer to whisper something in her ear. As he did so, the smile that had been painted on her face momentarily dropped. She whispered something back, casting a quick, barely noticeable, suspicious look at Alaric and Evangela.

"Please," She began again "follow me." She turned towards the doors of the facility, which automatically opened as she approached. Stepping through the doors, the group would be met with the sight of a very spacious lobby area. "Before we go any farther, I will have to ask you all to leave any excess Pokemon you may have...forgot, to leave behind. We hope that you understand that we can only allow one to accompany each of you...for safety reasons. And please, help yourselves to the small gift bags we've prepared for you." Genevieve gestured to the eight knapsacks that were sitting on a nearby glass, coffee table. "Inside you'll each find a lanyard with individual IDs that will allow you further access to our facilities." 

2qtv5g2.jpg

[spoiler=OoC]

Now that we've arrived at the New Genesis facility feel free to admire its grandeur, ask Genevieve a few questions, and continue interactions with one another! Also, in your gift bags you will find:

>the monogrammed bag itself

>Your identification card

> An awesome handheld device that shows you a map of where you are in the facility and provides interesting facts and history about certain areas of research and the facility itself. They also have a number of other features that will be revealed to you throughout the tour.

> A bottle of water

> some light snacks

Also, for reference purposes, there is a place for you to leave any PokeBalls your character may have brought along with them next to the gift bacs

[/spoiler]

"Before we go any farther, I will have to ask you all to leave any excess Pokemon you may have...forgot, to leave behind. We hope that you understand that we can only allow one to accompany each of you...for safety reasons."

Wait, excuse...? That one-Pokemon-only bit wasn't BS?

A stern look fell upon her face, where a calm look had once been. She was being asked to separate herself from most of her hunting team, without which she wouldn't have been able to pull off what she had done so far. She had only made one step forward to make her blunt opinion of this known before a way-too-familiar hand was placed on one shoulder and a sliver of blue became placed on the other.

"Easy," her twin to her right, Rna in her borrowed human form, whispered.

"You're not the only one against this," she heard from the Porygon-Z on her left through the PokeTranslator in her left ear, hidden from view by the long hair she often sported. With them trying to ease her nerves, the real human of the trio took herself a few calming breaths. A hunter can't afford to lose her cool, after all.

"I'll be right back, I need to have a talk with some of my partners," Tayla managed to calmly say, though you could hear the notes of seething that were barely held back.

With this, she started walking away from the building for the time being. The other Pokemon in her group were not going to be happy with this news, that was a fact.

Lance was too distracted by his stomach to answer any further questions asked by the lazy-looking lady and had no interest in any of the plans "New Genesis" had.  He picked up on Stephen's name and dismissed the rest of what Al had to say.  When the pilot spoke about descending and turbulence, Lance finally lost it and ralfed into the bag he was given to by Al.  *Finally...we can get off this Arceus forsaken plane!*  After the ordeal, Lance buckled in tighter and helped Herc fasten himself up as well.

When they landed, Lance took no time in getting out of this mechanical machine.  He was finally back on the ground.  The grass cushioned his feet that had been stuck in the air for far longer than necessary.  *Finally....I'd never though i'd be so happy to be grounded!*  Lance smiled at the stupid joke he made to himself in his head.  Herc had obviously seen way too much of this in the time he had met Lance and knew exactly what he was thinking.  He rolled his eyes in pity for his trainer.  The building was obviously the next thing Lance had noticed.  Lance had never seen such a big building in his life.  He was far too busy back home at his dojo to ever explore, let alone visit the city.  The glare from the setting sun prevented Lance from missing out on what the lady who had approached them was trying to say.  Lance was oblivious to the suspicions that had arose within the group.  He had no reason to distrust this New Genesis group.  

He followed the professional looking woman, Professor Genevieve, into the building.  Lance didn't have any excess Pokemon with him, he read the rules in the invitation and followed them accordingly.  He patted Herc on the head.  He then proceeded to grab a gift bag.  The bag contained many necessary things to get around the facility.  *Why would these be gift bags if they had essential tools in them....* he thought pessimistically.  These thoughts passed when he noticed the snacks inside.  His stomach had been emptied out due to that rougher than usual landing.  The snacks almost brought the young man to tears.  He took his lanyard out and looked at the photo.  *Sheesh....when was this taken..*  He placed the lanyard in his front pants pocket.   He really didn't have any questions, and if he did, he wouldn't want to be the first to bring up such things.  He noticed Brianna out of the corner of his eyes and sighed.  *If anyone's going to ask whats going on here...its going to be that ego maniac Brianna.  How bothersome.*

As Alaric kissed her hand, Terra's heart began mellowing out, and with her blushing in affection, she could feel that it had slowed down considerably from just a few seconds ago... which subconsciously prompted her to double-check her pacemaker, only to find that it dropped back down to the reading that it showed last time. It was probably a good thing that Terra checked out that commotion earlier. However, as another woman joined in and asked if the invitations said anything about what they'd be doing there and how long they'd be staying, Terra herself couldn't help but furrow her brow. She didn't mind the unlisted time so much; she could've stayed there for days if it'd take her that long to get the answers that she needed. But the lack of information as a whole? That was rather troubling.

Terra had opened her mouth to say something when all of a sudden, the pilot had requested that everyone return to their seats and buckle up. That was to be expected when planes were about to land, so Terra sighed and shrugged her shoulders in response to the announcement.

"Well, my seat's back a lot further so... yeah, I'll see you all when we land," with a small wave goodbye, Terra rushed to her seat.

As the plane finally slew to a stop, Terra hopped off and joined the others, who were introduced to the director of Research & Development for New Genesis, Genevieve Masters. Afterwards, one of them headed off... somewhere, presumably back to the plane. Meanwhile, Terra had so many questions that she wanted to ask, but supposed she should start with the one that was fresh off everyone's minds.

"Um, question:" she began, "How long would we be staying here, exactly?" 

Seemed that some of the group were a bit suspicious about all this. Brianna barely kept herself from chuckling. No, nothing suspicious about a secretive and expensive science facility at all. She kept quiet, however, and let everyone talk it out themselves until the plane made it's landing.

The facility was huge, and Brianna couldn't help but be somewhat impressed. Though the only indicator she gave was a small, amused, grin she sported as she examined the facility and it's boss, Genevieve. The director gave a short little speech and seemed particularly interested in a couple of their more vocal group members. But that was their problem, not Brianna's. So she didn't think too much about it.

"One Pokemon? Not a problem, if anything goes down all I'd need is Arc here anyway." Brianna grinned down at the Manectric at her side. She couldn't resist casting a glance over at the pissy science girl "Of course I suppose some people can't handle it. Poor girl must be suffering so much." With a laugh Brianna took the gift bag and riffled through it quickly. Nothing all too special but she suppose it'd do.

She noticed the airsick boy was much more lively. "Looks like you managed to reach the destination. Good for you, so impressed." She said to him in passing, before turning her attention elsewhere.

Another girl was asking the head honcho about how long this little trip would be. Brianna tried to recall any information like this being mentioned before and came up blank. There was certainly something fishy going on. However she wasn't about to make a big deal about her suspicions like some were. That was a perfect way to get on the radar of someone important in a bad way.

Brianna knew how this stuff went. If something seemed suspicious; leave it be and be ready to kick some serious ass when s*** hit the fan. And with Arc by her side she had nothing to worry about. However, it would be good to pay attention to this Genevieve's responses.

Once she finished answering that question; Brianna spoke up with one of her own. "Here's a question for you, boss lady, when am I gonna get to have some fun?"

Genevieve watched the brunette, dressed in a black sweater, Tayla if she remembered quickly, excuse herself momentarily. The scientist's eyes watched her leave, making a mental note to add this behavior to the woman's file. She couldn't have allow for any potential leaks...any more potential leaks, she corrected herself. Whilst this was happening, a member of the group spoke up.

"How long would we be staying here, exactly?" Having just reviewed this subject's file, she was quick to recognize her as Terra Montana. In truth, she was particularly interested in seeing how the Transcendence Project affected this one. Her heart defect made her a special case indeed, one that might prove disastrous or miraculous, either would be quite insightful though.

"That, my friend," Genevieve began, trying to come off as warm and inviting "will depend entirely on you. Not to worry though, should your stay prove longer than you expected, any and all of your needs will be handled by either myself personally or one of our staff." Genevieve ended the answer with nod, pleased with herself. The answer was suitable, she thought, and while vague, would hopefully put an end to similar inquisitions. 

She had only just finished answering Terra's question when the red head, Brianna spoke up. "Here's a question for you, boss lady, when am I gonna get to have some fun?"

This was more or less what Genevieve had suspected from this subject. The pilot had informed her that she proved to be much more spirited than the others, to put it kindly. Genevieve hoped that this girls abrasiveness would keep the other subjects off-balance. Things would be much easier when time came for action if this group was divided against each other.

"Quite soon." She replied plainly. "We'll take a few more minutes for everyone to stretch from the plane ride and then begin our tour."

Archived