Pokemon: Transcendence [IC]

Ren✧

"Unfortunate conflict, my ass," the huntress stated after having examined the Tyrantrum, both with the device on her left wrist and with her own eyes, as the woman was talking, though not loud enough for the others to hear. The little tiny machines that had attached themselves all over the Tyrantrum were collecting and recording the creature's DNA for later details, sure that this wasn't the norm for the species, and her eyes scanned over the scales and prior wounds and scars that remained.

Considering the number of wounds she's made with such a weapon, she should be able to recognize injuries made by a laser-based weapon quite easily...which she did.

The Tyrantrum got up and swung her tail around her faster than Tayla could expect, causing her to be slammed by the tail and sent flying a few feet. However, she managed to flip herself in the air and land on her feet, wounded but relatively uninjured.

Just as Cysero began to scan the Tyrantrum with Download, the buzzing created by the newly-released Kricketune created a look of actual fear on the ancient tyrant before finally falling over onto its side one last time.

Even she had to flip her stomach at the thought that crossed her mind, that these Pokemon were conditioned to faint upon certain attacks being used upon them by specific Pokemon. With this did Ms. Lider look up towards the pink and blue Pokemon, who looked back to her in return. "Release the crew?"

With a simple minor nod from the human, the Porygon-Z quickly scanned the facility's wirings until he picked up the electromagnetic energy produced by the Magnezone and Ditto!zone before releasing a familiar wireless signal towards their way...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I've had just enough of your gloating! Whether you want to admit it or not, the fact of the matter is that you got lucky. You saw the state that Tyrantrum was in; there was no way it could've been at full strength. And if it was, your "very scary" Pokemon over there would've fainted already. Well, unless of course some unlikely miracle happened and it got the right Hidden Power, but I highly doubt... that some wannabe moron... like you... would know ANYTHING ABOUT IT!! But go ahead; do yourself and that stupid Manectric of yours in! See if any single one of us gives enough of a Ratatta's ass to save you!"

Brianna paused in her leaving and turned. There was a dangerous glint in her eyes that was clear to anyone looking her way. She was going to brush the girl's whining words off but she crossed the line there. "Okay sweetheart" she began sarcastically "I know all you are is bark so I'll let it go this time. But insult my Pokemon like that again and I won't need him to teach you a lesson."

She left, slightly less composed than she'd like. That little b**** thought she was some wannabe? Her? None of these losers were worth her time. But that one in particular she'd gladly be rid of. Mocking Arc like that....It was lucky he just had a battle or he'd be chomping at the bit as well.

Unexpectedly she ran into the director girl and was dragged off after refusing to answer the woman's question. Why did she bother asking. Like she cared, like she didn't already know the status of everyone in here? Please...

Brianna glared daggers at everyone in the group as the woman made her obviously made up speech. Brianna leaned up against a tree with obvious impatience on her face.

And then things got interesting as the Tyrantrum attacked once more; hitting some of the trainers before being brought down by a damn cricket. Something was wrong with this situation; but she already knew things were f***ed up here from the start.

"Pfft, well that was fun. That's what you all get for interrupting my battle. If you let me deal with the damn thing myself it would've been down for the count. Listen up kiddos take this as your warning. This trip ain't some picnic apparently; I'm not gonna waste my time saving your asses if something else happens so you'd best toughen up."

Perhaps not everything that Brianna just told Terra went straight through one of her ears and out the other. Terra could tell that Brianna had shot her a glare too, but not even a look of the purest venom could make her take the girl seriously at this point. She was way too busy trying to keep the giggling that she couldn't help but make to herself for that. She at least managed to keep the giggling sounding innocent for now, but it was definitely building.

"Okay sweetheart, I know all you are is bark so I'll let it go this time," it was about here that Terra's giggling started, "But insult my Pokemon like that again and I won't need him to teach you a lesson."

However, the very moment Brianna turned her back, Terra caved in to her amusement, blasting out this huge, maniacal, psychotic laughter that she couldn't hold back any longer. This lasted throughout Brianna's disappearance, and even went on a little bit through her stupidly stuck-up ego speech which may or may not have been wise. But eventually Terra managed to keep herself together... if only for the moment, and barely at that too.

"That... is so rich(!)... coming from you..." she mustered, figuring she at least owed Brianna an idea of what in Yveltal's name she found so funny, before finally no longer chuckling, "But fine; if you're so sure about what you said to me back there, then why don't you put your money where your mouth is, huh? The moment we get out of here. You and me. One on one. We'll see who earns the right to have the last laugh..."

How bothersome, the whole gang was back together again and as noisy as ever.  Fair enough seeing as how they just took out two formidable fossil pokemon, but why did it have to be so annoying.  Being around other people was supposed to be a good change of pace, but now he was wishing he had stayed home, flipping stone pillars over his shoulder.  

Then, something actually peaked Lance's interest.  That Terra girl was standing up for herself against that brute, Brianna.  Ah how he wished he could've given her an additional piece of his mind, but Terra's words took a harsher tone than expected.  Lance knew Brianna was not the brightest ray of sunshine, but that didn't mean it was right to disrespect her.  If only Lance knew how to interact with people the right way.  

The professor lady had just made her way back, explaining how there was some sort of glitch in the matrix.  Lance was prone to believe her.  He couldn't shake off the feeling that not everybody felt the same way about the situation.  When the Tyrantrum woke up, Lance found himself near the tail end of the big bad Rex.  Placing his right arm to its side, and his left palm underneath it, he held back the tail's terrifyingly strong blow.  Herc mimicked his trainers action.  Lance's arm nearly broke under all the pressure, but at least his rib-cage wouldn't be in shatters.  A bug-like noise emanated from  Genevieve's position, revealing her Kricketune partner.  Herc perked up as well, there was something strange about that bug-buzzing.  The soundwaves must've been too much for Tyrantrum as it fell to the sound.  

Lance picked himself up, his arm had been a little banged up from blocking that attack.  He walked over to Terra, who had just got done with a rage of laughter that Lance thought to be a little strange coming from this frail girl.

"Hey..." he said quietly, "I-If you leave her a-alone, maybe she won't b-bother the rest of us.  That's what i've d-done my entire l-life.  Bullies like her don't get the s-satisfaction if you don't show how you r-really feel."  He tried to give Terra his best smile, but it came out a little funky.  This was a new record for Lance, talking to so many people in one day, it was going to make him sicker than the flight here.  But he wasn't done speaking just yet.  Wincing, he made his way over to Brianna.  He stared at her. as Herc did to Arc.  "Listen Br-Brianna..." NO MORE STUDDERING, "I know what just happened was weird, but I honestly don't think you were up for that challenge alone...trust me I hate to say this, because i hate people as much as you do, but let's try sticking close together with the group, just as long as we're here."  He would understand if Brianna declined, but she must've had an ounce of reasoning inside that thick skull of hers.  In actuality, Lance thought this place would be a pushover, but it had proven to be the exact opposite.  Feral fossilized pokemon were made to kill, he almost lost his life to that Sacred Fire using Kabutops.  

Drama. Drama drama drama. Alaric was loving this. The range of expressions crossing people's faces, the emotions. Oh, this was like being on set. The only sour note was that he was not the cause of this, but those two girls, the spunky redhead and the bubbly brunette. My my, it seems we have here a case of opposing personalities, he thought, putting a hand over his heart. He turned his attention away from the fascinating Genevieve to the festival of drama that lay before him.

"Hey... I-If you leave her a-alone, maybe she won't b-bother the rest of us.  That's what i've d-done my entire l-life.  Bullies like her don't get the s-satisfaction if you don't show how you r-really feel."

And then Lance. Lance, the timid little thing with a spine of steel. Now he was standing up, attempting to get between the two and calm them down. Getting between two girls in a fight takes more bravery than facing up against a full-grown Tyrantrum, Alaric thought, impressed. "Listen Br-Brianna... I know what just happened was weird, but I honestly don't think you were up for that challenge alone...trust me I hate to say this, because i hate people as much as you do, but let's try sticking close together with the group, just as long as we're here."

"Capital point!" the blond took this opportunity to interject with another dramatic gesture. At Marie's grumbling, he decided to tone his body language down. It wouldn't do to have her fall off. "We never know what dangers we may face in the ever-changing mystery of the future! Let us face them together like comrades-in-arms!" he punctuated his point with an outstretched hand, as if offering it to them. However, Alaric wasn't just doing this for the entertainment value that having opposing personalities together brought. There was a fairly large chance that, if everything went south, then they would need every person they could get, working together as a team. And unlike the movies, there might not be any dramatic events that would bond people for life or some such thing.

So in that case, they needed to figure out a way to settle their differences, and soon. It's getting to that point that will be the problem, though, he thought. As I very much doubt my words will do much of anything. One of the drawbacks to playing a princely fool, I guess. Nobody takes you seriously. Alas...he felt tempted to do another dramatic pose. Such is the tragedy of acting.

"First things first," Tayla popped up before turning towards their supposed host, eyes narrowed thin behind her glasses. "I want to know what kind of messed up facility this really is." There was a very-authoritative tone to her voice, one that sounded oddly-practiced in use. "Cloning's one thing. Screwing with the genecode and and turning the resulting life into weapons of absolute war with some of the cruel treatment I'm seeing is a whole 'nother thing."

Taking off her glasses before pulling out a white cloth and cleaning them off, her brown-silver eyes never removed themselves from the 'host' of this whole tour. "Cysero," Tayla stated, which got the space duck front-and-center, knowing that tone all too well.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Operation Open Glass."

To this, the Porygon-Z gave his own version of a salute. "One thoroughly-scanned facility, coming right up!" And before Arceus and everyone, the Virtual Pokemon visually shifted into streams of 1s and 0s before phasing into the walls...

Brianna was able to calm down more by amusing herself with the two boy's reactions. Little Lance was trying to be assertive and it was sickeningly adorable. While the floppy actor boy was being, well, a floppy actor boy. Something bugged her about him. Something was slightly...off. However there was no reason thinking about it too much. Not yet anyway.

The others weren't worth her time. Tayla seemed to be doing...something weird and the others were being their usual dull selves. Arc seemed particularly interested in what that creepy duck thing was doing. So she left it to him to keep an eye on things while she addressed the peanut gallery.

"Working with others isn't my forte. Last group I worked with I had to crush beneath my feet and throw them to the cops. i wouldn't mind doing the same to any of you if the situation arises. But I guess no reason for me not to keep tagging along. Maybe it'll be fun; you all are hilarious to watch struggle so far."

She looked at Lance dead in the eyes; staring for several moments. "You aren't dead yet so maybe you have some chance. Keep it up and I might even be..well not impressed of course but I might notice or something. That's something to work towards innit?"

Brianna knew she was laying the arrogance on thick but she couldn't help herself. It was so damn fun to see these guys get worked up so quickly.

Meanwhile, in the back of her mind, Brianna wondered just what kind of mess they had gotten into. Not that she'd let on to anyone else she was worried in the slightest. She was perfectly happy letting them all, both the workers here and her group, think she was totally blind to the strangeness. It's not like she could do anything from here. Her specialty was busting down doors and thrashing trainers. Maybe she'd get a chance to strut her stuff later.

"Hey genius, you think I did that with a Thunderbolt? Anyone with half a brain can tell that wasn't from this battle. Course you might have known that if you weren't hiding safe wherever you were while I was taking care of the big scary monster for you."

"As much as I dislike siding with her of all people... none of these wounds look remotely natural," Evangela looked up watching the brown haired girl who only spoke with her briefly before turning back to the others, "Anyway, I believe I found a way out of this death-trap. Obviously we can't use this Tyrantrum here, but if we gather up all the fitter prehistoric Pokemon and have them pull against one of these doors that leads out, we might be able to open it to a degree for us and our Pokemon to fit through. We'll need some very strong Pokemon... and lots of them. In fact, we'll probably need a combined force that exceeds that of Regigigas now that I think about it..." 

"You have no idea the destruction a Pokemon can bring to others. What it can bring upon itself," Evangela whispered so quietly that not even Terra would be able to make out what she was saying clearing, "there is hidden darkness in all of us. Pokemon are no exception."

"And why would I leave? There's nothing in here I'm worried about. Something comes our way; me and Arc will take care of it. Something tells me our little tour guide will be on her way back in here with apologies and complementary fruit baskets or some s*** shortly."

"I am relieved you are all safe"Thank goodness. But, perhaps we should vacate the vicinity, just in case the Tyrantrum wakes up."

"While I hate to agree with Prince Trying-Hard-To-Be-Charming here; might be good to move. If only to get away from the smell. Seriously who would've thought fossil Pokemon reeked like this, damn."

The other continued to bicker, but Evangela could pay no attention to them. She was too busy examining the fallen Tyrantrum's wounds. That Terra girl had been wrong. The wounds were natural, this Pokemon had been fighting quite a bit with others in this Prehistoric Garden. She could still she were it had recieved cuts from Kabutops' scythe arms on it's sides, or were a Bastiodon had rammed its shield head into Tyrantrum's leg. She didn't even give Brianna a second look when the other girl bumped into her, chalking it up to her tripping.

But Gardevoir was not so oblivious. She noticed. Oh, yes she noticed, and the elegant Pokemon had the mind right then and there rip the red-head and her stuck Pokemon limb from limb. The girl already had a metaphorical stick up her ass, and Gardevoir would be quite happy to place a physical one there as well. However knowing Evangela would disapprove of such an action Gardevoir calmed herself, but made a mental note to shove the girl down a flight of stairs or something later.

Thankfully Gardevoir snapped out of her rage induced violent fantasies just in time to sense the Tyrantrum stirring. 

Evangela gave a cry of surprise as Gardevoir's arms wrapped around her Trainer... and they disappeared? Several seconds later the pair reappeared just of the tail's sweeping range.

"I knew it was a good idea to train your reaction time," Evangela said while dusting herself off, "very cl-" Evangela was made speechless as she watch Genevieve's Kricketune effortlessly down the Tyrant Pokemon her mouth agape.

"H-ho-how!?" Evangela's jaw nearly hit the floor to stunned to even waltz up the lead researcher to give the whole big speech she had been preparing about all the ridiculous amount of wrong the research she was conducting in the Prehistoric Gardens was. That was it. That topped everything Evangela had seen. If she hadn't known the scientist woman was abusing these Pokemon then that right there wouldn't been all she needed and more.

Stephen rocked back and forth at the foot of one of the numerous trees in the garden. The others had started to yell at one another, making it impossible for Stephen to focus on anything except for the tension and stress that the others caused one another. Too much. It was too much. At this point, his shaking wasn't just obvious, it was downright concerning. He grasped at his chest as he tried to force his lungs to expand but despite his efforts, his breathing only became more labored. 

Somewhere in the recesses of his mind he registered that Thorn was still at his side, desperately prodding at him so as to draw him out of the panic that the plant-like Pokemon knew now gripped at his trainer's very being. Ironically, it was the panic attack that probably saved his life. Had he not been curled up against a tree, the Tyrantrum's tail would have smashed right into his body, undoubtedly causing a number of broken bones, one of which probably being his neck. Fortunately, however, the tail sailed over his head.

Not that Stephen took note of any of that. At this point, the world was just a blur of sound and colors. Even the smells had begun to blend together. The smells. Smells. What was that? Something smelled familiar. Something sweet. Stephen's mind desperately clung to the familiar sensation, eager for anything that wasn't the chaos that had usurped reality. Slowly, his breathing began to steady. He now recognized the scent as Thorn's. 

He reached out for the Roselia, trying to convey his gratitude as he began to recover from the panic attack. Thorn's eyes were filled with concern as he looked at his trainer. "Rose?" He asked, making sure that Stephen was, relatively, okay. Stephen only managed to nod at his Pokemon. He looked to the others, all of whom stood fairly close, but still...scattered...or perhaps, fragmented. Yes, fragmented was a better word. It was amazing, not one of them had taken note of the poor boy that had collapsed just a few feet from where they argued. Thorn had become more than aware of this fact and was beginning to bristle with anger. Had these people no sympathy? No shred of moral decency? Thorn would show them, yes he would.

Before he could, however, Stephen reached out again, knowing full well what his good-intentioned, yet extremist, friend was planning. "I-i-it'll only m-make things worse." He spluttered out, trying to get to his feet. Thorn, still wanting to blast each of these jackasses with their own personal Petal Blizzard, complied with his trainer. He was right, of course. 

2qtv5g2.jpg

Genevieve briefly held her head in her hands, knowing that the situation had gotten out of control. Sure, things were bound to happen when you were dealing with children and prehistoric, genetically-modified super weapons, but this, well, this was just plain aggravating. For one thing, she had some wannabe hero spouting off cliche inspirational monologues every five seconds. And then there was the self-righteous brunette who only served to add fuel to the fire. That fire being the red-headed, arrogant brat that acted as the catalyst to all of this.

To make matters worse, the girl that had been so keen to examine all the prehistoric Pokemon was hitting a little to close to the money with her accusations. And then the sparkling blond continued to throw his own shade of nauseous drama to the mix. The young woman with blue hair was fairly quiet, fortunately, but Genevieve had a feeling that she perhaps had the greatest chance at posing a threat. And to top it all off, she was fairly certain that the weakling she had noted before was practically dying off to the side.

"ENOUGH!" Genevieve shouted, authority and danger entering her voice. Kricketune mirrored this command by letting out a piercing sound by rubbing his arms together, silencing the contentious group. "Enough."  She repeated, this time more softly, but with all the same authority. She was done with these squabbling idiots. The fact that her program had thought this group was the most promising candidates shocked her. She would have to go back and look at the coding again after this round of experimentation. 

"Follow me." She ordered, leaving absolutely no room for debate. "Quietly." She added as an afterthought. The group left the clearing with the Tyrantrum behind. Genevieve looked back to make sure that all the subjects had follow instructions. It appeared they had. One of them was helping Stephen along, who still looked pretty battered. Once they reached the doors that had admitted them to the Prehistoric Garden, Genevieve stopped and turned to face them.

"You will now return your Pokemon to their Pokeballs." It wasn't a suggestion. Undoubtedly they would attempt to argue, but Kricketune already had instructions to let out another chorus of the screeching sound that Genevieve found effective in not just controlling her prehistoric playthings. She paid careful attention to Tayla, making sure that her Porygon-Z found its way back to its Pokeball. 

"Now," Genevieve began once they had all complied, "normally, I would save what I am going to show you next to the end of the tour. However, in light of the excitement we've just had, I think I will make an exception."

[spoiler=OOC]

Alright, moving right along. The next round of posting should be pretty simple. Everyone falls into line. Follows Genevieve to the exit of the Garden. Follows her instructions and wonders what she could be referring to. Try to avoid tearing each other's throats out. 

[/spoiler]

Brianna grinned at the responses of those around her. It was great, these suckers were so easy to get worked into a frenzy. Even their guide had enough of it; as she snapped at them to shut up and follow. Brianna couldn't suppress a giggle as she gave her a mock salute "Yes ma'am!" She called out.

Out of the corner of her eyes she saw the little boy with the Roselia was having some issues. And Brianna felt a small twinge of that annoying as hell guilt. "Damn it not this s*** again." She muttered. She waited for everyone to fall in line. No one seemed to have noticed the boy. They were all too focused on something else. Most likely annoyance at Brianna, she realized. Or suspicion of this whole facility. Either way looked like she'd have to do something about it.

She reached a hand out to the boy and said in a low tone, so the others couldn't hear "Come on kid up and at em, gotta keep moving. It's...er, not safe to stick around here." She awkwardly helped him up and moved along.

"You will now return your Pokemon to their Pokeballs."

She returned Arc, not without a fuss. "Well that's no fair, Arc loves hanging out with you fine folk. But eh, suppose he could use some rest. He did pretty much save everyone after all. Return boy, don't worry about me. I can take care of myself. Even if one of these guys decides to try something." She winked theatrically at the Pokemon and returned him to his ball.

"Now, normally, I would save what I am going to show you next to the end of the tour. However, in light of the excitement we've just had, I think I will make an exception."

Well now what is this then? Something big was about to go down. Brianna kept her hand near Arc's ball. She was ready for whatever would come her way. At the same time she didn't appear too worried. It could be nothing. And even if it was something dangerous she didn't think it'd be anything she and Arc couldn't handle. "Sounds good to me boss lady; it better be exciting. I didn't join this tour just  to hang out with a bunch of losers after all."

"You aren't dead yet so maybe you have some chance. Keep it up and I might even be..well not impressed of course but I might notice or something. That's something to work towards innit?  This reply from the red head was a  strange turn of pace for the girl.  It almost sounded like there was a decent person behind it.  It made Lance blush with embarrassment.  She would surely notice his talents soon enough.  Everyone soon would!  

His thoughts were interrupted by the combination of both the Professor and her Kricketune's unwavering, and especially annoying sound.  She ordered them to follow.  The sternness in her voice gave Lance a weird vibe.  She wasn't so demanding beforehand, why was she now acting so strange.  Lance would've complied easily before this point, but now his feelings had slightly shifted into suspicion.  He, along with the rest of the group, followed the good doctor to the beginning of their strange journey, the doors that had led them to the Prehistoric Garden.  Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Brianna helping the stressed boy Steven up.  Maybe there was hope for her yet. 

"You will now return your Pokemon to their Pokeballs."

Lances usually bland face had now shown a frown.  Herc wasn't like any of his other pokemon, Herc was Lance's only friend.  He treated him as such and never put him in his pokeball, opting to walk with his partner everywhere they went.  Herc could also be seen frowning, he wasn't used to time without Lance.  Ever since their fateful encounter, the only time Herc was in a pokeball was when he was first caught.  Lance knelt down to eye level with Herc.  He patted the beetle on the head and mouthed, "I'm sorry friend, I'll see you soon!"  Herc nodded, this wasn't because Lance wanted to.  Lance took out his pokeball and tapped it against Herc's hard forehead, placing him back inside.   

"Now, normally, I would save what I am going to show you next to the end of the tour. However, in light of the excitement we've just had, I think I will make an exception."  What could be next?!  Things from nightmares swirled in Lance's head.  Maybe it was going to be fusion pokemon, with three abilities and one hidden ability with Hidden Power Rainbow!  The anticipation did not show however, Lance had the best pokerface.  

The whole group seemed to be slowly but surely settling down with the arrival of Genevieve. Alaric couldn't help feeling equal parts disappointed and relieved. Even the fiery Brianna seemed to be making some small efforts at getting to know her fellows. She had even helped Stephen up when the boy had collapsed from what looked like a panic attack. I hope he doesn't hold us back, the blond thought. Though...who knows? He might surprise us.

Everybody had fallen in line, and the actor noted that the scientist seemed to have dropped the act, at least a little. She was now veritably leaking frustration and contempt. Hmph, more acting lessons for her, apparently. Speaking of lessons, perhaps he needed to learn some lessons in observation himself, since apparently his earlier dismissal of the Tyrantrum had been...near fatally wrong. He had thought it down for the count, yet in a moment of cunning, it had surprised them all, and would've taken them off guard if not for Genevieve. Much as I hate to say it, we owe her. Though since it was most likely her actions that caused our entrapment in the first place...perhaps not. After all, her timing had been suspicious, which, on top of everything else...

Genevieve stopped in front of the pair of doors leading out of the "garden," though calling it a garden was a bit like calling Zekrom a mere dragon or Brycen a mere actor. It described it at an elementary level, but failed to account for all the details. Then the woman asked them to return their Pokémon to their Poké Balls. Ah well, at least Marie shall be able to nap without any disturbances now. Alaric pressed the button to the chinchilla's side, hearing the fwoosh of her return.

Afterward, the woman spoke: "Now, normally, I would save what I am going to show you next to the end of the tour. However, in light of the excitement we've just had, I think I will make an exception."

I wonder if that's really the case, or if she was planning on showing it next from the beginning, Alaric thought with a twinge of boredom. Grandstanding really doesn't suit her, but points for trying, I guess.

Tayla glanced towards the wall that the Porygon-Z disappeared into, wondering when he would soon reappear. She knew he was rather-good in re-finding her, but still in a place like this...

Hoping he came back with the crew, she walked forward after the rest, the sturdy tonfas still in her hands and ready for use incase something else happened...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aye, yae, yae, the security in this place was nuts.

Cysero couldn't help but tsk to himself as he swam though the coding of the place, swapping between Fighting and Ground Hidden Powers upon using Download as needed to deal with the many other Porygon-Z, the Magnezone projections and other Pokemon that looked only vaguely like him...though he didn't know what they were, using Wonder Room when needed to make sure that Special Defense was the lower of the two defensive stats on most targets. Scratching the side of his head with a rounded paw, he found himself rather-violently ejected from the code from a cheapshot to the back, momentarily leaving him headless after re-solidifying before pulling it out of the wall literally.

"Ack, glad being without a head doesn't kill me."

Looking around, he saw a large number of Pokeballs in various containers, almost none of them much larger than the spheres themselves, to possibly prevent them from opening up on their own. Two of the orbs were shaking and he found that he could...

"Wow, Rna, watch your French, please!"

Following the string of creative swears that shall not be repeated here to keep this thread from instantly being turned NC-17 and systematically deleted upon a later date, the space duck traced the string towards the pair of shaking orbs next to a few more, realizing what these were.

The others in the team.

Next to the orbs was a machine that controlled their containment. He tried multiple times to get the damned thing to let the others go, but it wasn't budging. Kept saying something about needing a particular card to be scanned before any of the Pokemon could be released. As tight as security had been, he was pretty sure that this just became perma-locked by this point as well, which meant one thing...

"Don't try to get out," Cysero projected through wifi means. "You're in something that's not letting the Pokeballs open up." One orb stopped shaking almost immediately, probably the one that Battery the Magnezone was in, while the other one...

"...humans should be glad they can't understand us at times," Cysero commented with a sweatdrop forming on the side of his head at the increased intensity of the foul words being heard before flying back off towards his human partner...

Terra, meanwhile, had been zoning out for quite some time. Something about what Lance had told her caused her to reflect on how badly she'd been handling her confrontation with Brianna. Was Terra losing her mind that whole time? Did she end up crossing the line without even realizing it? This was so unlike her. She remembered confronting Brianna with her dreaded gloating, and she remembered laughing about what the girl with the high horse said in response to that. But try as she might to recall, all the details in between felt like they'd been thrown to the wind. Terra felt really bad about the whole thing now that she thought about it...

However, another Kricketune Bug Buzz had been ringing in Terra's ears, which was enough for her to come to. Her head and widened eyes had been darting all over the place as she was thrown in a state of confusion, but eventually she snapped out of that too; it turned out that Genevieve just wanted the party's attention.

"You will now return your Pokemon to their Pokeballs. Now, normally, I would save what I'm going to show you next to the end of the tour. However, in light of the excitement we've just had, I think I will make an exception."

Something that was meant to be saved for last, huh? Knowing what she saw so far, Terra didn't exactly have high hopes that this next unraveling would be safe, but in all honesty, she just wanted to make it out of the facility in one piece. Then again, perhaps Genevieve had enough of what everyone had to say about all of this and just said what she did so that she'd have an excuse to end the tour abruptly. Not knowing what Genevieve was up to, Terra turned to her Diggersby, who nodded at her. Nodding back, she pressed a button on the lone Pokeball she had on her, which shot a bright red light that had retracted Diggersby back inside.

"This better be good,"Terra said nonchalantly, having mentally prepared herself for what could be one last shocking discovery...

"ENOUGH!" Genevieve shouted, startling Evangela at the surprising amount of authority in her voice. She'd never heard the Doctor's composure break even once the entire tour, and to see her pristine mask, but this little incident proved one thing to Evangela. That the Doctor could be defeated, and that with enough pushing she could be manipulated. "Enough."  Evangela smirked imperceptibly. Genevieve had regained her perfect mask, but Evangela had seen her weakness, and knew how to expose it.   

"Follow me." She ordered, Genevieve clipped tone clued Evangela into the fact that the head researcher was still steaming from the unexpected deviation from her plan in the Prehistoric Gardens. "Quietly."

Grabbing her luggage wordlessly Evangela fell into line just behind Genevieve Gardevoir falling in just behind her. Leaving the Prehistoric Gardens Evangela turned to watch her companions leaving the ancient death trap.

"You will now return your Pokemon to their Pokeballs. Normally, I would save what I am going to show you next to the end of the tour. However, in light of the excitement we've just had, I think I will make an exception."" Evangela frowned. She hardly liked the idea of returning her Pokemon to her Pokeball, and judging by her body language Gardevoir hardly liked the idea either. Evangela placed a calming hand on Gardevoir's own, shaking her head. It wouldn't do to cause problems now. Returning the Embrace Pokemon to its Pokeball. "Now," Genevieve said allowing Evangela to slip the shrunk down Pokeball under her tongue, careful to position it so she wouldn't accidentally enlarge the Pokeball, and release Gardevoir into her mouth. She didn't trust the Genevieve not to try and confiscate their Pokeballs and leave them defenseless, and that was not a situation she wanted to be in. 

Stephen couldn't quite believe it. The one person to offer assistance turned out to be...Brianna? No, that couldn't be right. The hot headed, fire spitting, Nidoqueen of snark actually had a heart? Even after seeing a dual ability Tyrantrum, this was truly the strangest thing he had seen up until this morning. "Thanks..." Stephen murmured, still recovering from the panic attack. Thorn dutifully walked along beside him as they fell into line behind Genevieve, following her unexpected outburst. For the first time since they arrived, Stephen felt a spark of uncertainty towards the department head. Of course, Stephen tried to always look for the good in people and attempted not to dwell on the doubt, but it was still undeniably present, even if it was at the back of his mind. 

"You will now return your Pokemon to their Pokeballs." Genevieve directed. Thorn was about to protest, knowing it would be best if he stayed at Stephen's side until he had fully recovered, but again, his trainer shook his head. He didn't want to upset Genevieve more than they already had. Not...that anything that had happened had been their fault. 

"Return." Stephen said, bringing the rose-like Pokemon begrudgingly back into its PokeBall. 

Normally, I would save what I am going to show you next to the end of the tour. However, in light of the excitement we've just had, I think I will make an exception." Stephen couldn't help but a feel a bit anxious, in the good way, for what was next. It appeared that they were about to see the finale of this show they had been presented. 

2qtv5g2.jpg

Genevieve waited for all of the participants to return their Pokemon to their Pokeballs, that included Porygon-Z finally making its way back to Tayla. Once they all had rounded up their respective Pokemon, the researcher signaled for the group to follow her out of the Garden. Behind her she could practically hear the thoughts of the youth that followed her. Undoubtedly they had questions, and she was sure Brianna had some smart-ass remark she was just dying to make. Fortunately, they all kept quiet as she led them down a series of hallways that they had not yet traversed. 

The farther they traveled, the less employees and workers they saw. In fact, it almost seemed as if things were becoming more and more ominous by the step. Genevieve retrieved her security badge from within her lab coat, swiping it on a scanner that caused a door to open with a hiss. The group passed through several more of these checkpoints before coming to what could only be their destination.

In front of them was a door, while plain, still seemed to bode a form of importance that they had not yet seen. It bared a simple label that read [DORMITORIES]. Turning to face the group, Genevieve finally addressed them. "You are about to see something that only a handful of people have ever had the chance to witness. Welcome to Project Transcendence." With that dramatic introduction, Genevieve opened the door, this one wasn't locked with any special scanner or keypad. It led, yet again, to another set of doors. The one on the left was entitled [GIRLS] and the right was [BOYS]. Genevieve paused outside the boy's dormitory, she knocked twice before cracking the door open a bit. "Are you ready for the demonstration?" 

There was a shuffle of movement from inside the room and a call to come in. Genevieve led the group inside, presenting to them [acronym='This is not an exact depiction']an impressively tricked out room[/acronym]. It maintained the technological motif that the facility as a whole boasted, sporting two rows of comfortable looking twin beds, a number of empty desks, and what appeared to be a small kitchen. Sitting on the only unmade bed was a shirtless, white-haired boy that was busying pulling on a jacket. Zipping it up, he walked over to the group. His face only carrying the faintest trace of a smile. 

"I am Hallbjorn. You may call me Hal, if that is easier. I am pleased to make your acquaintance." 

2qtv5g2.jpg

[spoiler=OOC]

Okay guys, I am getting really excited for the next round of posting, because the big unveiling is coming up! Anyway, right now, just keep up the great work you all are doing with minimal stimulus I am providing currently(I promise, things are going to get more exciting!!!). Ask more questions, interact, meet this strange new person. (Refer to the WIP Hallbjorn application posted in the OOC for more character details). 

Also, if someone(regardless of your character's gender) wants to be a love interest for Hal, I would love to work with that!

Also, credit for the dorm room art goes to dA user: W-E-Z

[/spoiler]

Brianna was silent. She hated it. She wanted nothing more than to pester the woman with more questions. But she couldn't bring herself to. They were going through checkpoint after checkpoint. Things were starting to seem much more...serious. Even more serious than the fight with the Tyrantrum. At least then she knew what she was getting into. This though? This was weird.

She glanced at the others; they all seemed to be sensing the ominous feeling to some extent. At least there's that. If they seemed perfectly fine then Brianna would have thought even less of them. Even so, and not for the first time, she wished she had her full team with her instead of this lot. She'd just have to make due.

Dormitories? What was this? All this hubbub and they were, what, gonna go take a nap? It looked to be separated by girl and boy; however they went for the "boys" door. Either they needed to be in this room for a specific reason or Genevieve really needed to learn how to differentiate between gender.

The reason was revealed as they entered the room and met yet another person. Looked like this wasn't the final stop; just another pick-up on the way.

"I am Hallbjorn. You may call me Hal, if that is easier. I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

Brianna couldn't help herself. This was something she could deal with. She had started to come to terms that she couldn't do anything about the strangeness of the situation right now. So instead... "What the hell kind of silly name is that? There's no way that's your birth name. Lemme guess you wanted to sound cool so you came up with some crazy ass name to feel special? Oh, I'm Brianna by the way. The only one in this group that really matters."

That felt SO good. Brianna could feel the stress leave her body. She was back in her element. Bring it on Genevieve. Whatever they were going to have to deal with from now on; Brianna could handle it.

The tension had been building up to this point.  Lance on the inside had been boiling with anticipation, but it did not show on the outside, besides a single drop of sweat that fell from his face here or there.  The sweat was probably from his previous encounters in the garden though.  Flashbacks of almost losing his head to a scythe handed prawn gave him the willies.  His life could be in danger at any point while touring this facility.  Was he okay with it?  Most likely...he could handle most threats with just his bare hands.  

As they moved deeper into the hallway, passing through security doors that required more and more swipes.  Less people patrolled these halls.  Who would want to anyway?!  Was there some sort of clone pokemon experiment waiting on the other side?  Perhaps incomplete Celebi fossils had been obtained and genetically modified, creating an imperfect replica?  Could it be Celebitwo?  Lance's head fizzled at the thought of all the complicated science that would be involved in such a process, he wasn't the smarts guy anyways.  He was at least a blue belt when it came to intelligence.  

The climax had been reached, their destination was that of a single door.  Why would a facility like this need dormitories?  Was it for their co-workers?  Was it for them?  More and more questions swirled in his head as they passed into a new section of a new room.  Two more doors stood in their way.  Boys and Girls rooms labeled as such layed in front of Lance's eyes.  Genevieve gave the boys door a little more attention and asked someone inside if they were ready.  After being instructed to come in, an empty room could be seen.  Plain beds and desks held tightly against the walls.  A lone boy, struggling to clothe himself, was the only occupant.

"I am Hallbjorn. You may call me Hal, if that is easier. I am pleased to make your acquaintance."  He spoke with a weak smile, the smile Lance usually tried to make, but always made it funkier.  Lance just waved at the boy, not saying a word, just as he tried to do on the plane.  A familiar voice cracked the silence, and the sound barrier.  

"What the hell kind of silly name is that? There'sno way that's your birth name. Lemme guess you wanted to sound cool so you came up with some crazy ass name to feel special? Oh, I'm Brianna by the way. The only one in this group that really matters."  Brianna blurted the usual nonsense that she did.  Probably a coping mechanism for all the crap they'd been through, but nonetheless, rude and petty.  What was she thinking, this kid might have never seen another person from off this island and this was the impression she was going to give.  He shook his head in disbelief.  He thought there was hope for this girl in terms of being nice for once, but his hopes were shattered...just like they always had been.  He had to give the kid a better view on what outsiders were really like.  He had to....introduce himself, as much as he didn't want to.  He gently placed Brianna to the side and cleared his throat...he wasn't good at this.  He bowed to Hal with his arms to his side.  

"S-Sorry for the intrusion.  I am Lance, Lance Stryder!  I'm pleased to make your acquaintance Hal!  Don't mind Brianna by the way...she's a little rude to people's shes just met, but she'll probably grow on you eventually...probably."  He raised himself from his bowing position.  His face was as red as a Darmanitan's behind.  That was his first formal introduction in quite some time.  He believed the last time he had to do that was before his sparring match with Elite Four member of the Unova Region, Marshal.  That time it was shakier, and the man had laughed, but it was a hearty laugh.  If the boy in front of him was going to do the same, it might've triggered him into giving the kid an uppercut, on accident of course.  That's how you ended introductions anyways, right?  

That was it? Something had been hyped up to potentially be the last secret that Genevieve was willing to unravel and it turned out to be mere dormitories?

Nope, that wasn't correct in the slightest; Terra had been over-thinking things. In truth, Genevieve had only went this way to pick someone up. This someone, who had clearly been walked in on and thus hurriedly dressed himself, introduced himself as Hallbjorn, or Hal for short. Terra kinda liked that name. However...

"What the hell kind of silly name is that? There's no way that's your birth name. Lemme guess you wanted to sound cool so you came up with some crazy ass name to feel special? Oh, I'm Brianna by the way. The only one in this group that really matters."

Terra rolled her eyes. Another predictable statement from that same predictable jerk-off. As much as Terra hated to admit this, the chances of Brianna learning basic respect were less likely than those of a Zapdos casting a Thunder on her thick skull. Twice. And ended up humiliating her Manectric in the process. Heck, Terra could actually forgive the New Genesis corporation for their trickery and deceit back at the Prehistoric Garden if they would just make something like that happen. Unfortunately, it was but a mere impossible fantasy for the moment. But in any case, the next person to speak up was... Lance, oddly enough!

"S-Sorry for the intrusion. I am Lance, Lance Stryder! I'm pleased to make your acquaintance Hal! Don't mind Brianna by the way...she's a little rude to people's shes just met, but she'll probably grow on you eventually...probably."

Next to speak up was Terra.

"Hopefully she won't have to grow on you. With any luck, one of us will get the chance to knock that girl off her high horse, and then maybe, just maybe...!" Terra paused... and then sighed, realizing that venting in front of someone who'd probably never seen other people's reactions before wasn't really the best idea, "I'm not normally like this, by the way. It's just that... I kinda have a zero tolerance policy on people who put others down, especially if they just do it for the sake of it. But in all honesty, the most important thing is that you don't let someone like that phase you in the slightest."

With that off her chest, Terra managed to crack a genuine smile, for the first time since the plane ride to the facility. In fact, she figured she might as well take a stab to her usual cheery and bubbly self... even if she knew damn well that she couldn't stay that way forever.

"I'm actually a nice girl once you get to know me. Speaking of, my name's Terra, and I think Hallbjorn's a cool name. Never mind what high horse Brianna says," this time, Terra adopted a confident smirk as she clenched a fist, "In fact, if she says anything potentially hurtful again, you can count on me to pipe her down!"

Ooookay? Where did all the guards go?

The flight back towards his partner was eerily quiet, like something was allowing him to pass through, which was very very strange considering the massive train-wreck of events he was causing as he was heading away from Tayla.

Scratching the top of his noggin, Cysero was retracing his virtual steps, finding himself back towards the group in the 'garden'...which was starting to leave!

"Tay! Tay! The others can't come," he bellowed, catching the trainer's attention and prompting her to glance back towards him while keeping an eye on the so-called leader of this group.

"What's wrong," she quietly asked, trusting no one with what she really wanted to say with her words.

"The others are in seperate containers not large enough for the Pokeballs to even open. I tried hacking them out, but I'm pretty sure I set off a silent alarm of some sort. Watch for guards and other Tauros-crap." With a nod, Tayla pulled out his Pokeball, which had the space duck raise an invisible eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

Glancing back towards Genevieve at the lead, then towards the fact that no one else had a Pokemon out, the Porygon-Z gave a small whine. "You've got to be---" After a simple shake of Tayla's head, Cysero groaned and allowed himself to be recalled into the orb...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On guard the whole time after entering the dorm area while swinging one of the two tonfas she 'borrowed' from the garden in her hands, Tayla had been watchful of the whole area that the group had traveled through up until here, slightly disturbed by the increasing lack of life as they went on.

Ignoring the questioned poised by Genevieve, Tayla's eyes soon landed on the lone soul in the room they walked into, wondering why his hair was such a shade at such a young age. It couldn't have been natural.

After hearing the greeting he gave and deciding that she would try to stick with using the whole name to show respect, she began to grate her teeth upon hearing the braggart of the group spouting off her mouth once again.

"Oh, I'm Brianna by the way. The only one in this group that really matters."

But that was the back-breaker right there.

"What in Arceus' name were you even called here for, infant," she spat out towards Brianna after everyone else spoke, venom in her voice as she did. "I don't know about you, but I've actually fought against Legendary Pokemon and won before. Can you say that truthfully?" Pulling up her turtleneck shirt, which had been unharmed in the scuffle in the Dino Garden, she revealed a particularly-nasty discolored burn mark over most of her stomach, the kind that wouldn't have come from a normal red or yellow flame. "Unless you've done something like taken a Ho-oh's Sacred Fire attack point-blank and survived, I'd suggest you keep your mouth shut."

"What in Arceus' name were you even called here for, infant I don't know about you, but I've actually fought against Legendary Pokemon and won before. Can you say that truthfully? Unless you've done something like taken a Ho-oh's Sacred Fire attack point-blank and survived, I'd suggest you keep your mouth shut."

Well that was s surprise. This one hadn't said much to her this whole trip. Brianna had begun to assume she was lost in her own world. Apparently not.

Brianna knew people would snap but to question her merit like that? The burn the woman showed looked nasty. Obviously it was from some strong attack. A legend? Maybe. Brianna had tussled with Thunderus before so she knows how strong those Pokemon were. So if this woman beat one; then perhaps she was somewhat impressive after all. Not that she'd admit that on in front of some of these other losers.

"You want to question why I'm here?" Brianna asked. She fought to keep the icy edge from her voice, and lost. "You say you beat a legend. Well you may have. I don't know. But what I do know is that I risked my life to topple an entire criminal organization on my own. And not one of those pathetic biker gangs. A real deal "join us or die" kinda group. You know how many battles I had to fight, a lot of em all at once, to make it out of that one? If you fought a legend then maybe you can understand this. But there's a big difference between a simple Pokemon battle and the s*** I went through. Get out of my face before I drag you off that damn high-horse."

Brianna took a deep breath. That didn't go as smoothly as she hoped. All she wanted was to see how this new guy reacted and instead they all got a taste of her actually annoyed side. Great; just great. What a buzzkill...

This entire group was such a train-wreck. Shaking her head slightly, and attempting to relax, she looked back at the new boy and grinned. "Welcome to hell buddy."

I wonder what's up ahead, Alaric had thought, nervous energy coursing through his limbs. He even deigned to show it, like the cowardly prince he played. Plus, the tension in the air was obvious. Even the most unobservant would be able to feel it.

Once again, Genevieve stopped in front of a door labeled [DORMITORIES], and once again, she turned to face them. "You are about to see something that only a handful of people have ever had the chance to witness. Welcome to Project Transcendence." What, only a few people have seen a dormitory? I beg to differ, even if most people don't go to universities, they still exist, the actor thought with a trace of snark. Then they entered the [BOYS] door, which led to what appeared to be a futuristic room reminiscent of one of the movies he'd starred in. Though a lot of it, such as the holographic display, had been special effects, so the room had actually been quite boring while he went through his parts.

However, this room was real, as far as the blond knew. Which made it interesting, and its occupant by proxy. Instead of listening to the others, Alaric focused on the room itself. By now, squabbling had become par for the course in their group. He could afford to ignore one such fight in favor of observation. Does that blue sphere function as a button, light, or doorknob? Maybe something else...? From what he could hear, it seemed like one of those "I'm a bigger badass than you are" fights. Like watching two Krokorok flexing their muscles. And it would either end with one exerting dominance, or, more likely in this case, with somebody interfering and forcing the two to calm down. But that wouldn't be him. He knew better than to get between two females. Or two males for that matter, he thought. Though perhaps they'll calm down on their own...perhaps.

Alaric focused on the white-haired boy with the bland expression. Wonder what he thinks of us...if he cares at all. The way Genevieve had introduced him, the blond figured that this new player, Hallbjorn, was going to be important. Best keep an eye on him. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Hallbjorn," he stated with a bow and a blinding smile.

After exiting the Prehistoric Gardens Genevieve continued to lead their group further and further into the facility, Evangela's sense of foreboding began to grow greater and greater as the facility's atmosphere  became more and more sinister looking. It wasn't hard for Evangela to notice the sudden drop in the amount personnel and needless to say found it greatly concerning.

Eventually they came to an area that seemed to resemble a dorm complete with gender markings that donated where the girls and the boys would stay. They seemed to going to the boy's dorm, confirmed after Genevieve knocked on the door and asked if who ever was inside was ready. With an affirmative from the room's occupant who seemed to be hastily dressing himself as they entered.

The first thing Evangela noticed about Hallbjorn, as he had introduced himself, was how impressively tall he was. Though the young psychologist was used to being dwarfed by most everybody else in a room, but well usually not this much, and as Evangela approached the young man her mouth parted slightly, though she quickly closed it in an attempt to not look like a fool. The second thing Evangela noticed was the young man's looks. She thought of Sora back home, and how her younger "brother" would be telling her how cute he thought the boy standing before her was, and now that she thought about it herself he was quite cute. The last thing she noticed was Hal's hair and eyes. He was like her. Hal had felt the pain of the needle, and pain of experimentation. 

Evangela smiled sadly at the young man. She didn't know if Hal could sense the same thing she sense in him, but it took physical effort to keep Evangela to retrain herself from from tearing Genevieve's eyes from their sockets. If Hal was paying any attention to the girl studying him curiously he would see the brief flash of darkness in her eyes as Evangela was brought back to those painful days, and felt the her feelings for Genevieve bloom into a flower of black hatred. 

Hal studied the people that Dr. Genevieve had brought to see today's demonstration. He noted that they were quite different than the first two groups she had brought in. They didn't seem all that physically adept, like the others had been. However, he tried not to worry about those things. That was Dr. Genevieve's job. Besides, it didn't really matter what these people were like, by all estimates, they wouldn't last any longer than the rest; they'd be gone in a few weeks.

"I assure you, Hallbjorn is indeed my real name." Hal responded to Brianna, tilting his head slightly to the left and widening his smile by just a few millimeters, just as he had been taught to do when attempting to put others at ease. Before he could say much else, the rest of the visitors began to introduce themselves. He immediately began to memorize faces and names. He had been told that being able to recall another's name often led to bonds of trust being formed more quickly, which if the experiment proved to be effective, would be essential in the following trials. Mentally, he went through their names.

Brianna. Red-hair and loud. Lance. Blue-hair and stutters. Terra. Long hair and self-proclaimed "nice girl." Nameless. Burn on neck. Blonde, also nameless, big smile. The other two in the group had remained silent so far. One, a small boy who looked as if he had just got through crying and the other...well...the other was noticeably different. She had a look about her that seemed extremely familiar. Hal couldn't figure out why, considering there were only a handful of times he had ever left the facility, but it was undeniable, something about this woman was like, was like...looking in a mirror. Yes, that was it. She had the same look in her eyes that he often saw when he caught his own reflection. What did that mean though?

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you." He nodded at each of them in kind, making sure to hold his gaze with the icy-haired woman just a bit longer than he did the rest. 

"Yes. Now, Hallbjorn will be demonstrating some of our work that is a part of what we call Project Genesis. Follow me and we'll get the demonstration underway." She had regained composure, but the menacing air that had accompanied her last direct address to the group still hung above them like a dark cloud.

"Come, Galahad." Hal commanded. There was movement from over on his bed. Appearing from beneath the sheets, a still-drowsy Eevee lazily scampered over to its trainer. When the Pokemon taken a perch in the center of Hal's already messy hair, he nodded to Genevieve, signalling he was ready.

With Hallbjorn at her side, Genevieve led the group out of the dormitories, back into the hallway, and just a single door over with a label that read [TRAINING ROOM] that led to an unadorned room. Completely empty and yet still the multiple veins of light that ran through the room made it almost feel alive. Genevieve led the group to a door on the far side of a room that opened up into what appeared to be a small observation room. They could look through a one way window and see that Hallbjorn had taken a spot at the very center of the room, Galahad now standing at his side.

"Ready, Doctor." Hal said, his voice being carried through an audio system that connected the two rooms, his eyes fixed on the wall opposite of him. 

"Alright. Please take a seat." Genevieve instructed the group, gesturing to the row of chairs that sat in front of the window. "Begin." This time her words were directed at Hal. The white-haired youth's left arm jutted out, revealing the dark imprint of what appeared to be a tattoo. 

"Merge." He declared. The Eevee at his side immediately sprang upwards to land on his arm. However, as he did so, the Pokemon disappeared in a flash of bright light that obscured Hal's figure. When it faded, they would noticed that his hair had turned a brown color, mirroring that of the Eevee's pelt. 

Hal brought his hand to the necklace touching one of the beads. When he did so two things happened. 1) His appearance again shifted:his hair was now a vibrant, spring-time green, his eyes reminiscent of emeralds, and, most shockingly, a mass of tiny leaves had sprouted all over his body. 2) A portion of the wall opposite of him opened up to reveal what appeared to be a dozen, very angry Beedrill. 

[spoiler=OOC]

Okay, well is anyone confused? If so, good. Let that confusion carry over into your character. If not, good. Let that revelation carry over into your character.

Also, this post took way too long to write up and now I can't watch Daredevil because I need to go to bed. 

[/spoiler]

"What the f***ing f***?"

They had moved along to a new room. The little...altercation didn't end up as bad as she had expected. Brianna's curiosity about the situation managed to keep her mind off of her usual desire to continue the fight. She was still seething but Brianna's anger was like a fire. It flares up but it can be quickly quashed. Not to say it can't flare up suddenly later.

While part of her mind acknowledged the others' actions she didn't really bother much with them. For now. You'd better believe she'd find some way to piss them off some more later.

Plus she had to check on the kid who had been silent for a while. "You holding up okay?" she had muttered to him once they were on the move; keeping out of earshot of the others. "I, uh, just don't want to have to deal with dragging a dying kid around with us is all."

But that didn't matter now. After sitting in the chair, and watching as the weirdo boy went into the apparent "training room", she expected some kind of Pokemon battle demonstration. Eevee was an interesting Pokemon but not much of a fighter so her curiosity was stoked again.

But that? What was that? That was insane. Brianna bolted to her feet and went over to Genevieve; getting up close until she was right in the woman's face. "Okay what kind of crazy s*** are you people doing here?" She asked. She knew she was making herself a target here but she couldn't help it. Something crazy like that happening in front of her; how else could she react? Brianna stared down the woman; but her eyes couldn't keep from glancing over at the....boy, in the other room.

What was this kid?

Archived