[Singles] CocoaGalaxy's Xyz/Synchro Monsters

CocoaGalaxy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not really a fan of Certainty Magician being Pleaides, but eh, if people really want a Rank 4 Pleaides... *cringe.*

In the current game, Gagaga Samurai is the top generic R4 when it comes to damage output, and it gets flak for that. Ego Magician outperforms that if your opponent does anything as simple as having two monsters on the field (which is a common occurrence, and if they don't they are likely vulnerable anyways). By itself, it can deal 4k damage. For one card, that's a lot, and I did say Samurai gets flak for being a double-swinging 1900 R4. On top of huge damage output, Ego Magician also does Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon's job of taking down huge-ATK monsters, albeit not as well. I'm not a fan of custom cards outclassing existing cards unless they really are absolute crap, which neither Samurai nor DRXD are. Power-wise, this deals 2k damage, is a generic Bujin Susan, and has non-targeting ATK drain that gets around what DRXD can't.

Why do we need three Rank 4s that do Armades' job for it, especially when Verity is a banish-Catastor? Acuity is an annoying hump that isn't easy at all to bypass since it turns targeting into Life Point gain (and as such, Mirror Force is a common out to it that the Armades effect stops, now it's just... like... Warning, TT, and a few other obscure things). Valor feels like a really passive #101 in that it avoids destruction, which seems ok. Though, still, no idea why the Armades clause is written on it.

Cirrus already said something about at least the vast majority of the rest, so I probably don't need to bother with them.

CocoaGalaxy, there's something that I really want to say.

Please try not to make cards that would be strictly better than cards Konami has made, either in power level or in the option it gives you. A lot of your Xyz/Synchro monsters have been guilty of this at some point or other and I think some still are, and it breaks my heart. You should work to ensure parity and variety of choice, not make cards that everyone doesn't need to think about choosing or playing, yeah?

The point I'm trying to make is, you shouldn't make your cards as one-stop shops for everything even if that card is supposed to, say, "destroy things well". You need to make them sufficiently differentiable from other cards in the current game that do that as well as generally considered powerful cards for the same investment, and make sure that it doesn't just outclass or is significantly more desirable to make than cards of its class (as your Pleiades is, compared to other 3-mat rank 4s right now, for example). Your cards should have quirks and interesting things to make picking them actually a tradeoff instead of "oh hello why not just play me because I can do everything you want while being better than my alternatives".

Archived