Derisive Calamity

Atypical-Abbie

A removal card made with Fiend-Type support in mind.

19SsOPz.png

When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; send it to the Graveyard. When this card is destroyed by your opponent’s card (either by battle or card effect) and sent to the  Graveyard: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it. You can only use 1 effect of “Derisive Calamity” per turn, and only once that turn.

Why wouldn't you use the card?

Keep in mind that comments like this don't help anyone.

This isn't main CC, yes, but some explanation would help.

Well, at first is kinda hard to summon, the only way is via CotH, Soul Charge and stuff is the only things i get in mind~

Second, nowdays, send to grave or banishing isnt a real deal at this times, even so, some of the monsters and deck need to be to trigger effects

Lastly, with the stats and even the Level and Type, is even more hard to play, it doesnt fit is any good deck i think, Fiend support is more destruction oriented than summon or other stuff, unless we are talking about Archfiends or BA

It has a bit more support than just that. There's Fiendish Hound Octhros to search it, there's Stygian Street Patrol to SS it from the hand for free, and there's even Puppet Master going for it (talk about obscure, though). Then there may be stuff in DP; I haven't really payed much attention. It's not really enough support to build a very good Deck around, but in theory this is a really powerful grinding card that demands your opponent's better removal to avoid having it grind your opponent even further.

It's sorta-kinda like that Phoenix of the Burning Night where the card was decent but had no home. Except it turns out Phoenix of the Burning Night was a pretty cool tech to combo with a card I made, but in the case of this card I don't have anything.

Archived