Irminsul Wizard [DNTE]

Marco Polo

Lets try again then.  

022_Irminsul.jpg

You can only Ritual Summon this card with "Oath to the Tree of Life". You can only use each effect of "Irminsul Wizard" once per turn.

(1) : You can discard this card from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card during the End Phase.

(2) : When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can draw 2 cards.

2 Cards = This + the Ritual Spell in hand. It's a level 4 as a pro to balance it with the unlikelihood of you having the ritual pair in hand together. (in sense that it stands on legs)

023_Tree.jpg

This card is used to Ritual Summon "Irminsul Wizard" from your hand. You must also Tribute 1 monster you control whose Level equals 4 from your hand or field.

debate. I'm on the fence :> :444812_key:

Kinda lackluster. It's a +0. You lose 2 cards to summon it, then draw 2. Let's you go into R4s with Manju/Senju/Any other Level 4. The delayed draw is weird. You don't get the card immediately, so there isn't really a reason to use that effect, outside of wonky combos with Lavalval Chain.

The spell is meh. Nothing to say about it. Don't care for it.

Don't get what this is supposed to mean 

2 Cards = This + the Ritual Spell in hand. It's a level 4 as a pro to balance it with the unlikelihood of you having the ritual pair in hand together. (in sense that it stands on legs)

Kinda lackluster. It's a +0. You lose 2 cards to summon it, then draw 2. Let's you go into R4s with Manju/Senju/Any other Level 4. The delayed draw is weird. You don't get the card immediately, so there isn't really a reason to use that effect, outside of wonky combos with Lavalval Chain.

The spell is meh. Nothing to say about it. Don't care for it.

Don't get what this is supposed to mean 

It says exactly what it says, in English huh.

If you still can't figure out, it's exactly what you said in your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sentences. 

The delayed draw is there so in case something goes wrong, this wont be dead in your hand. you better have it than not. If you bounce it, bonus draw for you.

The spell is just a usual ritual spell, part of the thing. 

Sounds like you came here looking for something big? sorry to disappoint, it's a generic monster I thought could have some nice use. People here see if it suits anything they think or like. It doesn't have to be neither brilliant, nor the top tech of the week. 

thanks.

The first effect is like a really shitty upstart. Or more like a jar of greed. 
The only problem with it is that it could be used to fill the grave. Banishing it from hand for the first effect does a few interesting things
1. Doesn't support chaos/pot of avarice esque cards
2. Supports Lightray Sorceror.

The first effect is like a really shitty upstart. Or more like a jar of greed.
The only problem with it is that it could be used to fill the grave. Banishing it from hand for the first effect does a few interesting things
1. Doesn't support chaos/pot of avarice esque cards
2. Supports Lightray Sorceror.

It discards itself to the graveyard just like many other cards, it discards just itself and I don't really take this as a problem really.

There must be some abuse combo with herald of perfection/ultimateness seeing as this is a draw engine + a fairy. The ritual monster isn't dead in the hand and the spell is just bad as Advanced Ritual Art is better suited for it (in a herald deck).

Those 2 cards, by themselves, boost a degenerate deck and cannot be played by themselves. Unless there is a combo other than with the heralds, I don't see the reason behind making this?

I suggest making the ritual spell actually have an additional effect and also make the discard for draw not be so generic. ...However, I'd understand if this was actually a part of an archetype, but as it is, it's nothing more than Herald food/engine. Why would anyone invest as much deck space as a ritual engine would imply is needed (3x ritual/3x ritual spell/3x manju/etc) for a slightly better reckless greed?

I think the card is acceptable as a discard. Probably BtanH's post was just a suggestion.

Yeah I figured, I just thought the contrary, that filling the graveyard wouldn't be so bad, could even be nice. 

There must be some abuse combo with herald of perfection/ultimateness seeing as this is a draw engine + a fairy. The ritual monster isn't dead in the hand and the spell is just bad as Advanced Ritual Art is better suited for it (in a herald deck).

Those 2 cards, by themselves, boost a degenerate deck and cannot be played by themselves. Unless there is a combo other than with the heralds, I don't see the reason behind making this?

I suggest making the ritual spell actually have an additional effect and also make the discard for draw not be so generic. ...However, I'd understand if this was actually a part of an archetype, but as it is, it's nothing more than Herald food/engine. Why would anyone invest as much deck space as a ritual engine would imply is needed (3x ritual/3x ritual spell/3x manju/etc) for a slightly better reckless greed?

1.Find the abuse combo, tell me then. I'll be happy to hear & fix.

2.Advanced Ritual art can't be used. Irminsul Wizard says "can only be Ritual Summoned with .."

3.Which degenerate deck? and why does every generic thing must be backed up by a deck to validate its existence? 

4.Again, does it have to be the best new way to gain hand advantage? It is just a nice draw card on legs that creates some interesting interaction and could maybe find itself somewhere.

e00e.png

2.Advanced Ritual art can't be used. Irminsul Wizard says "can only be Ritual Summoned with .."

It could be abused if it could be used with ARA. Now it's just bad. The ritual spell is a bad card. Specific Ritual Spells that do nothing aside from Ritual Summoning are bad .

3.Which degenerate deck? and why does every generic thing must be backed up by a deck to validate its existence? 

Heralds. Though I thought it worked with ARA when I said that.

4.Again, does it have to be the best new way to gain hand advantage? It is just a nice draw card on legs that creates some interesting interaction and could maybe find itself somewhere.

I really don't know what deck would waste the deck space to run this (that's 9 cards total if we count the 3 mandatory Manjus) for a draw engine. Cardcar D/Reckless Greed do almost the same things, but you only need 3 spaces for each. And it doesn't have a chance of being dead (well, at least not as dead as that ritual spell or a Manju could be). Also, with more cards surrounding  the engine you lower your chances of drawing the cards you want. I'd say my chances of drawing a Manju and a Ritual Spell with Wizard are higher than drawing 2 reckless greeds from my Reckless Greed.

I thought this was a Spellcaster? I'd prefer the revert, as Valkyrus's observation is correct in that this is annoying, if not amazing, with Herald ... although I also echo the sentiment that the Ritual Spell should actually do something given that you can't use ARA.

Given the old Rituals have the same "can only be Ritual Summoned by" wording and can still be Ritual Summoned with ARA, ARA can be used on this. Adding a "cannot be Ritual Summoned by other ways" should avoid that though.

Unlike a lot of other +0 draw-2 cards, this requires two specific cards to pull off (in contrast, Allure of Darkness needs itself and some random DARK monster, Trade-In needs itself and any Level 8 monster, and so on). In return, you get a monster to make R4s. IIRC, DP has a Rank 4 with an OPT detach 1 to draw 2, then ditch 1 - a card that everyone except for me accepts with open arms it seems. Combined with that, this + Manju/Senju/Bird even ends up as a +1 overall, but you still search 1 and draw 4. Yes, I did say it should even out to be a +1, but that's still a whole lot of turbo. And then there's Prep-o-Rites, which this becomes ridiculous with, though Prep-o-Rites did get hit. It feels like it's going to be really mediocre until it becomes stupid.

And yes, that Ritual Spell is awfully boring.

Isn't the draw 2 pitch 1 detach 2 mats? Illusory Channeler Asteria? Detach 1 to draw 2 pitch 1 would be far too strong.

Very salient points, though. I'm just open to this becoming stupid and then hitting it as opposed to preemptively doing so.

It could be abused if it could be used with ARA. Now it's just bad. The ritual spell is a bad card. Specific Ritual Spells that do nothing aside from Ritual Summoning are bad .

Heralds. Though I thought it worked with ARA when I said that.

I really don't know what deck would waste the deck space to run this (that's 9 cards total if we count the 3 mandatory Manjus) for a draw engine. Cardcar D/Reckless Greed do almost the same things, but you only need 3 spaces for each. And it doesn't have a chance of being dead (well, at least not as dead as that ritual spell or a Manju could be). Also, with more cards surrounding  the engine you lower your chances of drawing the cards you want. I'd say my chances of drawing a Manju and a Ritual Spell with Wizard are higher than drawing 2 reckless greeds from my Reckless Greed.

May I hear "The ritual spell is a bad card" again? like seriously. Did anyone here think the intention was making an attractive ritual spell? a one that's exciting? 

You missed the entire point. The Ritual Spell exists for 2 reasons:

a) because it is a Ritual Monster

b) because it does the job to keep the Ritual Monster's power level in check. The Ritual Spell is not a thing, it exists to keep the monster in check and address all the negative parts & restrictions so the monster can be simple & still draw 2. 

I recommend you suggest an attractive version for the Ritual Spell and see if it does not end up as an easier draw 2 card than any of the other things of the sort.

it has a solid purpose; it's not there to shine out in any way.

@the last bold part: It's not an engine. It has a slightly different approach to "draw 2" cards, in sense that it can aid in Xyz's together with a Normal Summoned Manju for example. 

Again not an engine, a btw thing you might throw in if you do rituals already.

I thought this was a Spellcaster? I'd prefer the revert, as Valkyrus's observation is correct in that this is annoying, if not amazing, with Herald ... although I also echo the sentiment that the Ritual Spell should actually do something given that you can't use ARA.

Let's see what pros and cons does it have as a Spellcaster then. It being a Fairy is a coincidence actually lol, just a leftover I forgot to edit from a previous card.

@Ritual Spell: I've explained this while replying to Valkyrus, just look up! ^^

Given the old Rituals have the same "can only be Ritual Summoned by" wording and can still be Ritual Summoned with ARA, ARA can be used on this. Adding a "cannot be Ritual Summoned by other ways" should avoid that though.

Unlike a lot of other +0 draw-2 cards, this requires two specific cards to pull off (in contrast, Allure of Darkness needs itself and some random DARK monster, Trade-In needs itself and any Level 8 monster, and so on). In return, you get a monster to make R4s. IIRC, DP has a Rank 4 with an OPT detach 1 to draw 2, then ditch 1 - a card that everyone except for me accepts with open arms it seems. Combined with that, this + Manju/Senju/Bird even ends up as a +1 overall, but you still search 1 and draw 4. Yes, I did say it should even out to be a +1, but that's still a whole lot of turbo. And then there's Prep-o-Rites, which this becomes ridiculous with, though Prep-o-Rites did get hit. It feels like it's going to be really mediocre until it becomes stupid.

And yes, that Ritual Spell is awfully boring.

Good points. Any suggestions?

@Ritual Spell: The Ritual Spell is not a thing on its own, it is exists because it has the burden of carrying all the restrictions and limitations in one card, to address the issues and keep the Ritual Monster in check & balance.

I could add some features but then it might end up ridiculous, I left it at that believing the Ritual Spell can stay just as a limiter. 

I also had no idea that Chakra, Hungry Burger etc could be Summoned by A.R.A; I figured that clause meant exactly what it said \: Turns out not.

I think, though, that the Ritual Spell is a bit bland while being the limiter. You could give it another "cute" but irrelevant ability (for example, banish to gain 800 LP) instead of just making it vanilla, which is what I was trying to say.

Archived