[Finished]Reverse Oscillation Contest [CLOSED]

Chiz Fri

[spoiler=N-X-Saber Knightblade]

Level 4, EARTH Beast-Warrior, Pendulum

Scale 6, 1400/400

Pendulum effect: Once per turn, you can reveal 1 non-"X-Saber" Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck, and if you do: Until your next End Phase, it is treated as an X-Saber" monster.

Monster effect: Once per turn, you can target 1 "X-Saber" monster you control: Increase it's Level by 1.

[spoiler=N-X-Saber Wolflord]

Level 5, EARTH Beast, Pendulum

Scale 2, 2100/1400

Pendulum effect: Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 "X-Saber" monster you control: Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower "X-Saber" monster from your Graveyard in Attack Position.

Monster effect: Once per turn, when an "X-Saber" monster you control is Tributed: Draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Explanation]

The N stands for "Neo." I figured that these are new generation of X-Sabers and all, they would need a new letter like Invoker, plus it's a cute little nod to the anime, as you could probs tell from my username. 

Knightblade is meant to take on of X-Saber's biggest faults and correct it. They're often reliant on Boggart Knight to get going, but Knight can only be used for Saber synchs and Souza doesn't really cut it a lot of the time. SO this turns and Synchro into a Saber for the turn, removing Boggart Knight's restriction. And it's monster effect gets a little level variation in there.

Wolflord is meant to control your Synchro options a little better, as well as allowing you to enable effects like Darksoul and Ragigura. Meanwhile it's monster effect gives some much needed card draw to an archetype that can empty out it's hand REAL fast, and synergizes with the effects of Souza, Gottoms, and Wolflord himself.

Also, for flavor these are basically Garsem and Gardestrike, but their old armor is cast aside for new cobalt blue armor, their old red capes still upon them,mirroring the coloring of Pendulum Scales.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=N-X-Saber Knightblade]

Level 4, EARTH Beast-Warrior, Pendulum

Scale 6, 1400/400

Pendulum effect: Once per turn, you can reveal 1 non-"X-Saber" Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck, and if you do: Until your next End Phase, it is treated as an X-Saber" monster.

Monster effect: Once per turn, you can target 1 "X-Saber" monster you control: Increase it's Level by 1.

[spoiler=N-X-Saber Wolflord]

Level 5, EARTH Beast, Pendulum

Scale 2, 2100/1400

Pendulum effect: Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 "X-Saber" monster you control: Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower "X-Saber" monster from your Graveyard in Attack Position.

Monster effect: Once per turn, when an "X-Saber" monster you control is Tributed: Draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Explanation]

The N stands for "Neo." I figured that these are new generation of X-Sabers and all, they would need a new letter like Invoker, plus it's a cute little nod to the anime, as you could probs tell from my username. 

Knightblade is meant to take on of X-Saber's biggest faults and correct it. They're often reliant on Boggart Knight to get going, but Knight can only be used for Saber synchs and Souza doesn't really cut it a lot of the time. SO this turns and Synchro into a Saber for the turn, removing Boggart Knight's restriction. And it's monster effect gets a little level variation in there.

Wolflord is meant to control your Synchro options a little better, as well as allowing you to enable effects like Darksoul and Ragigura. Meanwhile it's monster effect gives some much needed card draw to an archetype that can empty out it's hand REAL fast, and synergizes with the effects of Souza, Gottoms, and Wolflord himself.

Also, for flavor these are basically Garsem and Gardestrike, but their old armor is cast aside for new cobalt blue armor, their old red capes still upon them,mirroring the coloring of Pendulum Scales.

Link added to the OP.

If at all possible, I would like to participate by making a set for the Ice Barrier archetype.

By all means, go for it.

I would like to participate, but I have a question. Can we do an archetype another user did? i.e. can I do Gem-Knights?

I don't see why not.

I don't see why not.

Alright cool!

Entering with Gem-Knights!

[spoiler=Gem-Knight Tourmaline]

Gem-Knight Tourmaline

Level 3 / EARTH  [ Aqua / Pendulum / Effect ]

Scale 2, 200/2000

Pendulum effect: Each time you Fusion Summon a "Gem-Knight" monster, place 1 Tourmaline Counter on a face-up "Gem-Knight" monster you control. "Gem-Knight" monsters with Tourmaline Counters on them cannot be targeted by card effects. If a "Gem-Knight" monster would be destroyed or removed from the field: You can remove 2 Tourmaline Counters from them instead.

Monster effect: This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in your Graveyard. A "Gem-Knight" Fusion Monster that was Summoned using this card as Fusion Material gains the following effect:

● This card is unaffected by card effects, but any Battle Damage done to the opponent by this card is halved. When this card is removed from the field: Special Summon 1 "Gem-Knight" Normal Monster from your Graveyard, except "Gem-Knight Lolite".

[spoiler=Gem-Knight Rodolite]

Gem-Knight Rodolite

Level 4 / EARTH  [ Pyro / Pendulum / Effect ]

Scale 5, 1850/1000

Pendulum effect: Each time you Fusion Summon a "Gem-Knight" monster, place 1 Rodolite Counter on a face-up "Gem-Knight" you control. Increase the ATK of "Gem-Knight" monsters you control by 200 for each Rodolite Counter on them. 

Monster effect: This card is treated as a Normal Monster while it is in your Graveyard. A "Gem-Knight" Fusion Monster that was Summoned using this card as Fusion Material gains the following effect:

● This card can attack twice per turn, but any Battle Damage done to the opponent by this card is halved. When this card is removed from the field: Special Summon 1 "Gem-Knight" Normal Monster from your Graveyard, except "Gem-Knight Rodolite"

[spoiler=Explanation]
Both Rodolite and Tourmaline have useful monster effects when used for a Fusion Summon, giving the summoned monster more power. For example, a Citrine that used Rodolite as its Fusion Material (which I foresee as being common since Rodolite is a Pyro) is a very scary force, as your opponent can't activate cards or effects both times it attacks. Meanwhile anything that uses Tourmaline becomes much harder to remove. You can technically make Amethyst easier with it since it's Aqua, but I don't see that being a common thing (although you can use Amethyst as Fusion Material to remove backrow, so). They're both also treated as Normal Monster in the grave, so things like Obsidion's and Lazuli's effects can target them. Their Pendulum effects revolve around counters, which promone Fusion Summoning. Tourmaline adds much needed protection to specific targets, while Rodolite boosts the power of your Gem-Knights, which lets you push for game much easier. Both help with the rush-down feeling of Gem-Knights

Alright cool!

Entering with Gem-Knights!

[spoiler=Gem-Knight Tourmaline]

Gem-Knight Tourmaline

Level 3 / EARTH  [ Aqua / Pendulum / Effect ]

Scale 2, 200/2000

Pendulum effect: Each time you Fusion Summon a "Gem-Knight" monster, place 1 Tourmaline Counter on a face-up "Gem-Knight" monster you control. "Gem-Knight" monsters with Tourmaline Counters on them cannot be targeted by card effects. If a "Gem-Knight" monster would be destroyed or removed from the field: You can remove 2 Tourmaline Counters from them instead.

Monster effect: This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in your Graveyard. A "Gem-Knight" Fusion Monster that was Summoned using this card as Fusion Material gains the following effect:

● This card is unaffected by card effects, but any Battle Damage done to the opponent by this card is halved. When this card is removed from the field: Special Summon 1 "Gem-Knight" Normal Monster from your Graveyard, except "Gem-Knight Lolite".

[spoiler=Gem-Knight Rodolite]

Gem-Knight Rodolite

Level 4 / EARTH  [ Pyro / Pendulum / Effect ]

Scale 5, 1850/1000

Pendulum effect: Each time you Fusion Summon a "Gem-Knight" monster, place 1 Rodolite Counter on a face-up "Gem-Knight" you control. Increase the ATK of "Gem-Knight" monsters you control by 200 for each Rodolite Counter on them. 

Monster effect: This card is treated as a Normal Monster while it is in your Graveyard. A "Gem-Knight" Fusion Monster that was Summoned using this card as Fusion Material gains the following effect:

● This card can attack twice per turn, but any Battle Damage done to the opponent by this card is halved. When this card is removed from the field: Special Summon 1 "Gem-Knight" Normal Monster from your Graveyard, except "Gem-Knight Rodolite"

[spoiler=Explanation]
Both Rodolite and Tourmaline have useful monster effects when used for a Fusion Summon, giving the summoned monster more power. For example, a Citrine that used Rodolite as its Fusion Material (which I foresee as being common since Rodolite is a Pyro) is a very scary force, as your opponent can't activate cards or effects both times it attacks. Meanwhile anything that uses Tourmaline becomes much harder to remove. You can technically make Amethyst easier with it since it's Aqua, but I don't see that being a common thing (although you can use Amethyst as Fusion Material to remove backrow, so). They're both also treated as Normal Monster in the grave, so things like Obsidion's and Lazuli's effects can target them. Their Pendulum effects revolve around counters, which promone Fusion Summoning. Tourmaline adds much needed protection to specific targets, while Rodolite boosts the power of your Gem-Knights, which lets you push for game much easier. Both help with the rush-down feeling of Gem-Knights

Alrighty, the link has been added to the OP.

Here's my entry!

[spoiler=Monsters (WRITTEN)]

Binary Worm 0
LIGHT ***

Scale: 2/2

Reptile/Pendulum/Flip/Effect
Pendulum Effect:
You can Pendulum Summon monsters in face-down defense position.
Monster Effect:
FLIP: You can add 1 Reptile-type "Worm" monster from your Graveyard to your Hand.
If this face-up card is destroyed, you can target 1 face-up monster on the field and change it to face-down defense position.

100/2000

Binary Worm 1

LIGHT ***

Scale: 9/9

Pendulum Effect:

You can only Pendulum Summon Reptile-type "Worm" monsters. Reptile-type "Worm" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle once per turn.

Monster Effect:

FLIP: If you control another "Worm" card, add 1 trap card from your Deck to your Hand.

If this card is destroyed, you can banish any number of Reptile-type "Worm" monsters from your Graveyard to Fusion Summon 1 monster from your Extra Deck that can be summoned using those materials.

100/2000

[spoiler=Explanation]

Worms are difficult.  Mostly because there are so many and yet most of them are pretty unusable.  Thus, I decided to take the most effective ones and simply see how to benefit them.

Getting both scales out allows massive setting of Worms to set up defenses or further plays while their scales are wide enough to grab nearly all the Worms.  Their Flip effects are mostly to retain advantage, and if they can be flipped face-down again, they can get pretty dangerous pretty quickly.  Lastly, they have a floating effect that reflects their self-sacrificial tendency in DT lore (at least, that's what I gathered...), even allowing the means of summoning their final boss more conventionally.

Unfortunately, I never got the chance to make them because my personal laptop's hard disk (or motherboard) is having problems saying that my laptop apparently does not have a hard disk.

So I think I will have to drop out.

Remember, you can still submit until July 4. You still have a chance to participate, but just in case, I will desaturate your name in OP until further notice.

Here's my entry!

[spoiler=Monsters (WRITTEN)]

Binary Worm 0

LIGHT ***

Scale: 2/2

Pendulum Effect:

You can Pendulum Summon monsters in face-down defense position.

Monster Effect:

FLIP: You can add 1 Reptile-type "Worm" monster from your Graveyard to your Hand.

If this face-up card is destroyed, you can target 1 face-up monster on the field and change it to face-down defense position.

100/2000

Binary Worm 1

LIGHT ***

Scale: 9/9

Pendulum Effect:

You can only Pendulum Summon Reptile-type "Worm" monsters. Reptile-type "Worm" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle once per turn.

Monster Effect:

FLIP: If you control another "Worm" card, add 1 trap card from your Deck to your Hand.

If this card is destroyed, you can banish any number of Reptile-type "Worm" monsters from your Graveyard to Fusion Summon 1 monster from your Extra Deck that can be summoned using those materials.

100/2000

[spoiler=Explanation]

Worms are difficult.  Mostly because there are so many and yet most of them are pretty unusable.  Thus, I decided to take the most effective ones and simply see how to benefit them.

Getting both scales out allows massive setting of Worms to set up defenses or further plays while their scales are wide enough to grab nearly all the Worms.  Their Flip effects are mostly to retain advantage, and if they can be flipped face-down again, they can get pretty dangerous pretty quickly.  Lastly, they have a floating effect that reflects their self-sacrificial tendency in DT lore (at least, that's what I gathered...), even allowing the means of summoning their final boss more conventionally.

Link added to OP.

here's my entry for genex

[spoiler=Entry]

2h4f3vs.jpg

Lore:

Pendulum Effect:

You can make this card's Pendulum Scale 8, if you do, You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Genex" monsters (these changes last for the rest of the turn). Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up "Genex" monster you control; Send 1 Genex Monster from your Deck to Graveyard, if you do, the targeted monster's name and attribute become the same than the sent monster for the rest of the turn. You can only use each effect of "R-Genex Modifier" once per turn.

Monster effect:

You can treat this card as Level 3 monster from Synchro Summon. When this card is Summoned: You can send 1 "Genex" monster from your Deck to graveyard, if you do, this card's name and attribute become the same than the sent monster's name and attribute. If this card is face-up in your Extra Deck and you control no monster: You can banish 2 "Genex" monster in your Graveyard; Special Sumon this card. You can only use this effect of "R-Genex Modifier" once per turn. If this card is used for a Synchro Summon: Shuffle this card to the deck. 

s1omea.jpg
Lore:
Pendulum Effect:
If the Pendulum Scale of card in your other Pendulum Zone is 2 or higher: You can Pendulum Summon Level 1 Monsters. You can discard 1 "Genex" monstes, then declare up to 2 attribute(s); Special Summon 2 "Genex Spawn Token" (Machine-Type/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0), with the declared attribute(s), they cannot be Tributed or being used for Synchro Material, except for Synchro Summon "Genex" Synchro Monsters. You can only use this effect of "R-Genex Spawner" once per turn.

Monster Effect:
When your opponent control face-up monster(s): This card's attribute is also treated as those monster(s) attributes.When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Genex" monster from your Deck to your hand, if you would add "Genex Controller" by this effect: You can Special Summon it instead. You can only use this effect of "R-Genex Spawner" once per turn.

[spoiler=Explanation]

spawner can search genex monster when NS'ed, and if you need instant lv 7, can ss genex controller instead, and it can treat itself as multi-attribute, useful for genex ally triforce/triarm, its pendulum effect can summon 2 token with different attribute. making it easy for synchro summon of genex ally triforce/triarm with 2 effect

modifier can change its scale to summon higher level genex, it also can change genex monster's name and attribute for synchro summon or for attribute specific genex effect (especially genex solid), its monster effect allow it to be treated as level 2/3 making it compatible with spawner's token to summon any level 7 or lower genex synchro, it also can change its own attribute for genex attribute effect

I had fun.

[spoiler=Entries:]Gem-Knight Lapidary

EARTH

Level 3

8< >8

Rock/Pendulum/Effect

1000/1200

Pendulum Effect: You can only Special Summon EARTH monsters. All ”Gem-Knight” monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. During your Main Phase, you can pay 800 Life Points, then reveal 1 ”Gem-Knight” Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck and target any number of your banished monsters listed as fusion materials on that monster; Return those targets to the Graveyard, then Special Summon that revealed monster (this is treated as a Fusion Summon). You cannot Special Summon monsters, except with this card’s effect or by Pendulum Summon, during the turn you activate this effect.

Monster Effect: When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 ”Fusion” Card that lists ”Gem-Knight” monsters in its effect in your Graveyard; Add that target to your hand. You cannot activate cards with that name during the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate the effect of ”Gem-Knight Lapidary” once per turn.

Gem-Knight Diamantaire

EARTH

Level 7

2< >2

Rock/Pendulum/Effect

2100/2500

Pendulum Effect: You can only Special Summon EARTH monsters. Fusion Monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. If you Fusion Summon a ”Gem-Knight” monster using a ”Fusion” Spell/Trap Card: You can also banish materials from your Graveyard as fusion materials. You can only activate the effect of "Gem-Knight Diamantaire" once per turn.

Monster Effect: During your Main Phase: You can banish 1 ”Gem-Knight” monster from your deck; Special Summon 1 ”Jewel Token” (EARTH/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 1400) with the same type as that monster. It cannot be used for a Summon, except for the Summon of a ”Gem-Knight” monster. If this face-up card is destroyed by your opponent’s card (by battle or card effect): You can target 1 of your banished ”Gem-Knight” monsters; Special Summon that target. You can only activate each effect of ”Gem-Knight Diamantaire” once per turn.

[spoiler=Things.][spoiler=With this pickaxe (Design)]I thought some alternate Fusion methods that capitalized on GK Fusion's recycling effect would be fun. Both cards have that big restriction to balance out their rather wide range of Scales. They work well as a combo, but Lapidary's second restriction hinders them from spamming too many Fusions in a turn.

Lapidary can work with many materials, but the setup needed with the banished zone not being that accessible mainly restricts it to GK Fusion costs and combo-ing with the other Pendulum. Or Gaia Plate, if you're so inclined. Monster effect can recycle all Archetype Fusions, including Pyroxene, and the restriction is there mainly for the abuse potential of Brilliant.

Diamantaire works to make Diamond easier and generally assist the Fusion Summons, but cannot do so with Lapidary, because that just seemed too silly. It also has a higher stat boost than Lapidary, but only for Fusion Monsters. As a monster, it can basically make any of the basic Fusion Monsters with the Token, however it still needs a Fusion spell.

[spoiler=Spike would be proud (Flavor)]Over the course of deciding the basis of the effect, I realized I needed an inspiration that worked with both the Pendulum Summoning aspect and unique approaches to the Fusion Summoning. For this purpose, any old rock wouldn't cut it. Instead, I delved into the wonderful world of craftsmanship.

A lapidary is a person who polishes minerals, metals and other gems into jewelry, and a diamantaire is one who specializes in polishing diamonds. Diamantaires are considered more skilled artisans than lapidaries due to the difficulties in polishing diamonds, which is why the former is on a basic level more powerful as a card than the latter.

Stat boost effect I see as just polishing the other Gem-Knights to make them more powerful. Lapidary's cost reflects, simply put, the craftsman aspect of the theme, and finding new value in used resources. Maybe a bit of fantasy mixed in there, but it's healthy. And the monster effect is just the thought of the methods of polishing gems without downright searching.

Diamantaire's Pendulum effect does kind of the same thing thematically, but the fusion assistance could be seen as getting resources in harder to reach places. Monster effect is just straight up jewelry creation.

I also had this thought about the cards mainly using the other archetype monsters as tools more than interacting with them, like a craftsman just using gems to create, and setting up a resource system most of the Archetype can't use, an artificial system.

My entry, with my all-time favorite archetype: Fabled

[spoiler=Trainer of The Fabled Beasts]

LIGHT

Level 5

1< >1

Fiend/Pendulum/Effect

1900/1700

Pendulum effect:

(1)Once per turn: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale 0 until the end of this turn. If you activated this effect, you can only Pendulum Summon  "Fabled" monsters this turn. (2)If this card is in your Pendulum Zone: You can use this card as a Synchro Material monster, for the Synchro Summon of a Synchor monster, but all other Synchro Material monsters must be "Fabled" monsters.

Monster effect:

If this card is discarded to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Fabled" Pendulum monster, from your Graveyard or face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand, except "Trainer of The Fabled Beasts". You can only use this effect of "Trainer of The Fabled Beasts" once per turn.

Now, I know that this "set Scale to 0" stuff is kinda wonky, but it fit's my vision, because if the sacle stayed 1 you wouldn't be able to summon level 1 Fableds.

[spoiler=Tamer of The Fabled Beasts]

LIGHT

Level 1

5< >5

Fiend/Pendulum/Tuner

400/500

Pendulum effect:

(1)Once per turn: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale 9 until the end of this turn. If you activated this effect, you can only Pendulum Summon  "Fabled" monsters this turn. (2)If this card is in your Pendulum Zone: You can use this card as a Synchro Material monster, for the Synchro Summon of a Synchor monster, but all other Synchro Material monsters must be "Fabled" monsters.

Monster effect:

If this card is discarded to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Fabled" Pendulum monster, from your Graveyard or face-up in your Extra Deck, except "Tamer of The Fabled Beasts". You can only use this effect of "Tamer of The Fabled Beasts" once per turn.

Scale is set to 9 to summon their boss monster: Fabled Dianaira

here's my entry for genex

[spoiler=Entry]

2h4f3vs.jpg

Lore:

Pendulum Effect:

You can make this card's Pendulum Scale 8, if you do, You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Genex" monsters (these changes last for the rest of the turn). Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up "Genex" monster you control; Send 1 Genex Monster from your Deck to Graveyard, if you do, the targeted monster's name and attribute become the same than the sent monster for the rest of the turn. You can only use each effect of "R-Genex Modifier" once per turn.

Monster effect:

You can treat this card as Level 3 monster from Synchro Summon. When this card is Summoned: You can send 1 "Genex" monster from your Deck to graveyard, if you do, this card's name and attribute become the same than the sent monster's name and attribute. If this card is face-up in your Extra Deck and you control no monster: You can banish 2 "Genex" monster in your Graveyard; Special Sumon this card. You can only use this effect of "R-Genex Modifier" once per turn. If this card is used for a Synchro Summon: Shuffle this card to the deck. 

s1omea.jpg
Lore:
Pendulum Effect:
If the Pendulum Scale of card in your other Pendulum Zone is 2 or higher: You can Pendulum Summon Level 1 Monsters. You can discard 1 "Genex" monstes, then declare up to 2 attribute(s); Special Summon 2 "Genex Spawn Token" (Machine-Type/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0), with the declared attribute(s), they cannot be Tributed or being used for Synchro Material, except for Synchro Summon "Genex" Synchro Monsters. You can only use this effect of "R-Genex Spawner" once per turn.

Monster Effect:
When your opponent control face-up monster(s): This card's attribute is also treated as those monster(s) attributes.When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Genex" monster from your Deck to your hand, if you would add "Genex Controller" by this effect: You can Special Summon it instead. You can only use this effect of "R-Genex Spawner" once per turn.

[spoiler=Explanation]

spawner can search genex monster when NS'ed, and if you need instant lv 7, can ss genex controller instead, and it can treat itself as multi-attribute, useful for genex ally triforce/triarm, its pendulum effect can summon 2 token with different attribute. making it easy for synchro summon of genex ally triforce/triarm with 2 effect

modifier can change its scale to summon higher level genex, it also can change genex monster's name and attribute for synchro summon or for attribute specific genex effect (especially genex solid), its monster effect allow it to be treated as level 2/3 making it compatible with spawner's token to summon any level 7 or lower genex synchro, it also can change its own attribute for genex attribute effect

I had fun.

[spoiler=Entries:]Gem-Knight Lapidary

EARTH

Level 3

8< >8

Rock/Pendulum/Effect

1000/1200

Pendulum Effect: You can only Special Summon EARTH monsters. All ”Gem-Knight” monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. During your Main Phase, you can pay 800 Life Points, then reveal 1 ”Gem-Knight” Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck and target any number of your banished monsters listed as fusion materials on that monster; Return those targets to the Graveyard, then Special Summon that revealed monster (this is treated as a Fusion Summon). You cannot Special Summon monsters, except with this card’s effect or by Pendulum Summon, during the turn you activate this effect.

Monster Effect: When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 ”Fusion” Card that lists ”Gem-Knight” monsters in its effect in your Graveyard; Add that target to your hand. You cannot activate cards with that name during the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate the effect of ”Gem-Knight Lapidary” once per turn.

Gem-Knight Diamantaire

EARTH

Level 7

2< >2

Rock/Pendulum/Effect

2100/2500

Pendulum Effect: You can only Special Summon EARTH monsters. Fusion Monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. If you Fusion Summon a ”Gem-Knight” monster using a ”Fusion” Spell/Trap Card: You can also banish materials from your Graveyard as fusion materials. You can only activate the effect of "Gem-Knight Diamantaire" once per turn.

Monster Effect: During your Main Phase: You can banish 1 ”Gem-Knight” monster from your deck; Special Summon 1 ”Jewel Token” (EARTH/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 1400) with the same type as that monster. It cannot be used for a Summon, except for the Summon of a ”Gem-Knight” monster. If this face-up card is destroyed by your opponent’s card (by battle or card effect): You can target 1 of your banished ”Gem-Knight” monsters; Special Summon that target. You can only activate each effect of ”Gem-Knight Diamantaire” once per turn.

[spoiler=Things.][spoiler=With this pickaxe (Design)]I thought some alternate Fusion methods that capitalized on GK Fusion's recycling effect would be fun. Both cards have that big restriction to balance out their rather wide range of Scales. They work well as a combo, but Lapidary's second restriction hinders them from spamming too many Fusions in a turn.

Lapidary can work with many materials, but the setup needed with the banished zone not being that accessible mainly restricts it to GK Fusion costs and combo-ing with the other Pendulum. Or Gaia Plate, if you're so inclined. Monster effect can recycle all Archetype Fusions, including Pyroxene, and the restriction is there mainly for the abuse potential of Brilliant.

Diamantaire works to make Diamond easier and generally assist the Fusion Summons, but cannot do so with Lapidary, because that just seemed too silly. It also has a higher stat boost than Lapidary, but only for Fusion Monsters. As a monster, it can basically make any of the basic Fusion Monsters with the Token, however it still needs a Fusion spell.

[spoiler=Spike would be proud (Flavor)]Over the course of deciding the basis of the effect, I realized I needed an inspiration that worked with both the Pendulum Summoning aspect and unique approaches to the Fusion Summoning. For this purpose, any old rock wouldn't cut it. Instead, I delved into the wonderful world of craftsmanship.

A lapidary is a person who polishes minerals, metals and other gems into jewelry, and a diamantaire is one who specializes in polishing diamonds. Diamantaires are considered more skilled artisans than lapidaries due to the difficulties in polishing diamonds, which is why the former is on a basic level more powerful as a card than the latter.

Stat boost effect I see as just polishing the other Gem-Knights to make them more powerful. Lapidary's cost reflects, simply put, the craftsman aspect of the theme, and finding new value in used resources. Maybe a bit of fantasy mixed in there, but it's healthy. And the monster effect is just the thought of the methods of polishing gems without downright searching.

Diamantaire's Pendulum effect does kind of the same thing thematically, but the fusion assistance could be seen as getting resources in harder to reach places. Monster effect is just straight up jewelry creation.

I also had this thought about the cards mainly using the other archetype monsters as tools more than interacting with them, like a craftsman just using gems to create, and setting up a resource system most of the Archetype can't use, an artificial system.

My entry, with my all-time favorite archetype: Fabled

[spoiler=Trainer of The Fabled Beasts]

LIGHT

Level 5

1< >1

Fiend/Pendulum/Effect

1900/1700

Pendulum effect:

(1)Once per turn: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale 0 until the end of this turn. If you activated this effect, you can only Pendulum Summon  "Fabled" monsters this turn. (2)If this card is in your Pendulum Zone: You can use this card as a Synchro Material monster, for the Synchro Summon of a Synchor monster, but all other Synchro Material monsters must be "Fabled" monsters.

Monster effect:

If this card is discarded to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Fabled" Pendulum monster, from your Graveyard or face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand, except "Trainer of The Fabled Beasts". You can only use this effect of "Trainer of The Fabled Beasts" once per turn.

Now, I know that this "set Scale to 0" stuff is kinda wonky, but it fit's my vision, because if the sacle stayed 1 you wouldn't be able to summon level 1 Fableds.

[spoiler=Tamer of The Fabled Beasts]

LIGHT

Level 1

5< >5

Fiend/Pendulum/Tuner

400/500

Pendulum effect:

(1)Once per turn: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale 9 until the end of this turn. If you activated this effect, you can only Pendulum Summon  "Fabled" monsters this turn. (2)If this card is in your Pendulum Zone: You can use this card as a Synchro Material monster, for the Synchro Summon of a Synchor monster, but all other Synchro Material monsters must be "Fabled" monsters.

Monster effect:

If this card is discarded to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Fabled" Pendulum monster, from your Graveyard or face-up in your Extra Deck, except "Tamer of The Fabled Beasts". You can only use this effect of "Tamer of The Fabled Beasts" once per turn.

Scale is set to 9 to summon their boss monster: Fabled Dianaira

Accepted and added links to OP

Might give it a try with Mist Valley, if this is still open.

It is still open, and accepting through July 4.

Here are my entries:

[spoiler=Mist Valley Scout]ng1L7Re.png

[spoiler=Lore]Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when a face-up WIND monster you control returns to the hand: Until the end of this turn, all WIND monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF.

Monster Effect: You can return 1 other "Mist Valley" card you control to the hand; add 1 "Mist Valley" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Mist Valley Scout". You can only use this effect of "Mist Valley Scout" once per turn.

[spoiler=Mist Valley Thunder Roc]jyIJyDD.png

[spoiler=Lore]Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: You can target 1 WIND monster you control; it is treated as a Tuner monster while face-up on the field. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activated this effect, except WIND monsters.

Monster Effect: When this card returns to the hand: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; return that target to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Mist Valley Thunder Roc" once per turn.

[spoiler=Explanation]Mist Valley is an archetype with very few good things going around for it. Namely Divine Wind, Apex Avian, Falcon, and maybe Thunderbird. So I went with something that could work with those cards.

Thunder Roc is a retrain of Roc from the Valley of Haze (reversed stats), and it gives you a pretty potent effect when returned to the hand that works amazingly with stuff like Falcon and Apex Avian. The Tuner-making effect is a little plus, considering that the Tuners the archetype has aren't very good (except maybe Shaman, a card that would become better with this support).

Scout is a much needed in-archetype Stratos that also comboes well with a lot of cards in the deck. PE is just a simple ATK buff; it's main appeal as a Pendulum is her high scale, that allows the Pendulum Summon of Apex Avian.

Both are searchable by OEPD, a card I'd assume would be played in the deck. Scales of 2 and 8 allow the summon of pretty much every monster in the archetype, and considering their effects, they could be splashed in other WIND archetypes, like Harpies.

Here are my entries:

[spoiler=Mist Valley Scout]ng1L7Re.png

[spoiler=Lore]Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when a face-up WIND monster you control returns to the hand: Until the end of this turn, all WIND monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF.

Monster Effect: You can return 1 other "Mist Valley" card you control to the hand; add 1 "Mist Valley" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Mist Valley Scout". You can only use this effect of "Mist Valley Scout" once per turn.

[spoiler=Mist Valley Thunder Roc]jyIJyDD.png

[spoiler=Lore]Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: You can target 1 WIND monster you control; it is treated as a Tuner monster while face-up on the field. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activated this effect, except WIND monsters.

Monster Effect: When this card returns to the hand: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; return that target to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Mist Valley Thunder Roc" once per turn.

[spoiler=Explanation]Mist Valley is an archetype with very few good things going around for it. Namely Divine Wind, Apex Avian, Falcon, and maybe Thunderbird. So I went with something that could work with those cards.

Thunder Roc is a retrain of Roc from the Valley of Haze (reversed stats), and it gives you a pretty potent effect when returned to the hand that works amazingly with stuff like Falcon and Apex Avian. The Tuner-making effect is a little plus, considering that the Tuners the archetype has aren't very good (except maybe Shaman, a card that would become better with this support).

Scout is a much needed in-archetype Stratos that also comboes well with a lot of cards in the deck. PE is just a simple ATK buff; it's main appeal as a Pendulum is her high scale, that allows the Pendulum Summon of Apex Avian.

Both are searchable by OEPD, a card I'd assume would be played in the deck. Scales of 2 and 8 allow the summon of pretty much every monster in the archetype, and considering their effects, they could be splashed in other WIND archetypes, like Harpies.

Link added to the OP.

Just under a week to go!

If possible, I would like to join as well. I'll edit this post with the cards if I am allowed to enter.

EDIT: Decided on Dragunity

I'd like to participate (will post Pendulums by editing this post). 

(Vylon-like art is hard to find so i had to switch)

Due to me being unable to receive notifications when you edit your posts, you must post your cards and any other updates in a new post. This is to ensure that I know that your cards made the deadline.

Also, written cards are allowed. Don't kill yourself over the art; you should be focusing on the card and art should be an afterthought.

Alright, here are the cards

------------

Dragunity Tonboggiri

Level 2 | Scale 1 | WIND | Dragon | Tuner | ATK 800 | DEF 300

Pendulum Effect:

You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Dragunity" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. If you Synchro Summon a "Dragunity" monster: You can Special Summon this card (from the Pendulum Zone). You can only use this effect of "Dragunity Tonboggiri" once per turn.

Monster Effect:

You can target 1 "Dragunity" monster you control: Equip this card to that target (from the hand), but if you do, if this card would leave the field, this card is sent to the Graveyard instead of being placed face-up in the Extra Deck. During the End Phase: If this card is in the Graveyard because it was sent there this turn: Add 1 "Dragunity" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Dragunity Tonboggiri". You can only use this effect of "Dragunity Tonboggiri" once per turn.

------------

Dragunity Nippongoo

Level 4 | Scale 5 | WIND | Winged-Beast | ATK 1800 | DEF 1300

Pendulum Effect:

You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Dragunity" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. "Dragunity" monsters you control gain 400 ATK.

Monster Effect:

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 level 3 or lower Dragon-Type "Dragunity" monster in your Graveyard: Equip it to this card. If this card is face-up in your Extra Deck: You can target 2 "Dragunity" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle them into the deck, and if you do, add this card to your hand. You can only use 1 "Dragunity Nippongoo" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

------------

I designed these cards as the pendulum counterparts to Dux and Phalanx, which are the core cards in every Dragunity deck. Tonboggiri's (essentially Phalanx) Monster Effect adds more versatility to Dragunity Legionnaire, and its Pendulum Effect helps continue combos. Nippongo acts as 3 more copies of Dux, something the Deck desperately needs. It also has a recycle effect allowing Dragunities to still have some steam in the mid-late game.

Submissions are now closed. I [accidentally] gave everyone two extra days to submit cards. Grading will be conducted over the next week, and the final grades will be released by July 14, 2015.

Thank you all for entering, and I look forward to wrapping this up soon.

Archived