ihop's question time

ihop

Care to tell me the highlights of NAWCQ? And tops etc. was going to ask in a status but decided that this'll be more convenient.

idk

- Final was a BA mirror (not too surprised that BA won, the deck is like, really really good, but I am a little surprised that the final was a mirror)

- Hardly any well-known players topped and even fewer of them went deep, the only really big names in top 8 were Jarel Winston and Matt Kolenda and neither of them made it further.

- TJ Kinsley lost his round 4 feature match to Ritual Beasts thanks to Multiple Destruction (good card alert)

- There was a disappointingly low amount of interesting techs - most builds were very standard.

- Nekroz predictably took just over half of the top spots, as they have at pretty much every major event

- 3 Ritual Beasts made top 64, all of them went on to top 8.

- The kid who won dragon duel had the most ridiculous peace of headwear ever.

- Hoban did not top.

What's your most embarrassing moment?

Oh, there are plenty. idk if I can think of one that was more embarrassing than the others.

In an attempt to conquer my anxiety I shall ask in one person's AMA and try not to let my mind go insane by not asking in others.

Anyway.

Gallade to RU? y/n and why?

To be honest I haven't played NU in ages so I'd hardly know, but I hear opinion is kinda divided. It's certainly good enough in RU and might just move up by usage eventually, but it probably will end up being banned. I think Sneasel is the really good one though.

Tits or asses?

Tits, all the way.

I mostly asked cause when I was doing NU I only ever lost to teams with both Gallade and Magneton and since Magneton was gone...

Anyway.... Have you been able to contact Kotori about the RU tournament? :3

And to not be just annoying um...What was the first "good" deck you used in YGO?

I mostly asked cause when I was doing NU I only ever lost to teams with both Gallade and Magneton and since Magneton was gone...

Anyway.... Have you been able to contact Kotori about the RU tournament? :3

And to not be just annoying um...What was the first "good" deck you used in YGO?

Yes

My first meta deck was Blackwings but the build was so bad and incomplete that I'd hardly call it "good". My first really good build of a really good deck that I had real success with was Dino Rabbit, not the original 3 Rabbit 3 TGU build but later with 2 of each after Mermails came out.

Opinions on "leaked" list, notably Denko at 3?

It's... decent, I suppose. It does hit the top 2 decks VERY severely, but I strongly disagree with other choices such as 3 Honest, 2 Monster Gate and obviously errata-less CED. Keeping Denko sucks but I'm not too surprised because it's been to on-off to have any real impact. With Tellars hit relatively hard I'm not sure people will even bother with it anymore.

Archived