Overlord

Aix

http://myanimelist.net/anime/29803/Overlord

Madhouse is great. Anyway, Overlord is a power fantasy other world series with some originality and doesn't make me cringe too much. It's about a middle aged man who played a VRMMORPG as a lich (his guild was the ninth most powerful in the most popular game of the era) and then got transported to another world along with his night impenetrable evil base, his treasures, his overpowered servants, and his overpowered self. From then on, he decides to cautiously proceed into the world and gather influence in case anyone stronger than him appears.

Nice thing is that MC is not that much of a Gary Stu. He's treated as a god by his followers, but he knows he's not worthy of being one (he lacks the skills, intellect, and wisdom). Thus, he tries his best in order to be a wise and capable ruler. Madhouse did pretty well with first impressions in the first episode.

It looks like it has the possibility of being a very good commentary on the recent run of SAOshit anime.

Unfortunately, I've gotten no impression from the first episode that it has any intention of doing anything remotely like that.

After seeing the first episode I wonder if this actually is Madhouse? The animation quality seemed a bit lower than what I'm used to from a Madhouse show to be honest...

Anyway, this is another light novel series I haven't gotten to, and I really like the way it opened so far.

So can we get a Shieldbro or Mushoku adaptation yet? ;_;

I can understand if you don't like Shieldbro but Mushoku is top tier yo. sheet started this recent fad of reincarnation fantasy stories as of late.

eh, it's okay for a light novel. These kind of LNs are my guilty pleasure, so I'd enjoy it except I really can't stand the MC or the polygamy (I'm fine with polygamy, except in here where it feels degrading).

• 2 weeks later...

Picked it up. It's actually pretty cool. I'd put this as a one-person Log Horizon, as the main character decides to make himself comfortable in his new world rather than try to escape from it.

OP and ED are amazing songs too. Such that I've never skipped either for each episode I watch.

Archived