Fall Anime 2015

Gotta echo the sentiment for Iron-blooded Orphans. Character-driven Gundam series are always welcome, and the first episode was pretty nice in setting up the world and the characters. While the pacing might be a bit fast, it'll probably settle down sooner or later. Meanwhile the mechas are great, but well, it's Gundam so it's a given.

Gotta watch OPM now.

I hear people complain about the expositioning in Iron-Blooded Orphans so far but personally I think it's doing alright with that even if it was a bit heavy. The first half of the episode does feel kinda all over the place, yes, and the conversation between the two bishounen captains at some space ship was pretty heavy with needless expositing(But hey, they're bishies) but they've managed to get a good deal of character setting down. I'm really digging the Mika-Orga bro-ness, and the princess is alright so far, and the other 'orphans' are distinct to me as well.

And the OST can't come out soon enough. Really liking the strings.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/CDDRodrigo

Comet Lucifer: Looking fun, let's see how it progresses.

Concrete Revolutio: Not my kind of anime, probably won't continue it, but I'll give it a couple more episodes I guess.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Yeah, it might be generic cliché, but damn the first episode was awesome. I love the art and animations, too.

Hackadoll: Just your regular moe/ecchi short anime of the season, nothing special, but I'm a pervert, so yeah =3

Haikyuu: Do I even have to comment on this one? Definitely the best anime of last year, won't be different this time.

Heavy Object: Great potential here too, first episode was fun.

Lance n' Masques: Now this is an intriguing one. It could turn out bad, but it's really adorable so far. We'll see.

Noragami Aragoto: The Bishamon arc is bound to be pretty good, even though I have not read the novels.

One Punch Man: The most hyped show of this season, for good reason. Fierce competition with Haikyuu here.

Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan: This one was funny, the little girl is cheeky as funk. 4 minutes per episode, so it's a very easy watch.

Owarimonogatari: When a series has a double length first episode, you know you're in for a great show. And, well, it's the monogatari series, can't go wrong there.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: Now THIS is the kind of show that will be underrated as hell. I really wanna see how the protags' relationships develop.

Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou: Best parody I've seen in a while. Hilarious stuff. Even the opening song is a parody.

Utawarerumono: I didn't know this had a previous version. It could be pretty interesting as well.

Young Black Jack: Oh boy, this might be another hidden gem this season. A surgery anime is bound to be pretty cool.

Yes I'm aware I'm late n' junk

What I'll definitely watch:

Digimon Adventure Tri

Pokemon XY&Z

Cardfight Vanguard G: GIRS Crisis

What I may watch/catch up on if I have the time:

Heavy Object

Lance N' Masques

Comet Lucifer

Heavy Object is on top of the "may watch" list because I hear the first episode is quite good.

Huh, so we have two mystery shows this season, not half bad.

Subete ga F ni Naru, the one I was hyped for, started off feeling kinda pretentious at first with the classical pieces being played and all. But once the thing actually begins I'm drawn into the silent, dialogue-heavy atmosphere. It really felt like an adaptation of a mystery novel UNLIKE funking RANPO KITAN, and by the end I'm pretty hooked.

Sakurako-san on the other hand was easier to follow, although it started off making me think it was a typical high-school drama. The Sherlock, Sakurako, is a charming and interesting character. The Watson, whatshisname, is less so, I don't like him much but he's probably here to stay. The ED theme's really nice too.

Someone let me know how Subete is in a few weeks and I'll decide if I want to watch it then.

Right now, I'm watching One-Punch Man (which had a stellar pilot) and some sequels: Noragami, Haikyuu, and K.

Also AoT Junior High.

I needed a low-key season, so I'm not in a rush to add anything else unless people are raving about it. And it doesn't seem like people are doing that for the moment.

So, let me ask: Between Asterisk or Rakudai, with their similar premises and female leads, which do you consider to be better?

I haven't seen the respective episode 2s for either show but they're so similar it hurts. If you want a better animated show with better lewds, Asterisk. If you want the one whose heroine is more interesting(so far)(Which isn't saying too much), Rakudai.

Personally I like Rakudai a bit more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while since the hype died down. Let's review the season so far...

Heavy Object: Also an episode behind but in general still my favorite newcomer. Visually it sucks though, especially the CG water. OP is hype as sheet.

Owarimono: Now this I'm caught up with. Every week's been wild as sheet, even if a bit slow paced in the latest episode. For once I feel really immersed in the plot despite the overusing of Shinbo's style ever since Mono S2. Arguably has the better OP.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans: I'm kinda behind on this by an episode but I actually have someone to discuss this with so no way in hell am I dropping. Also has best ED. And best boy. And best hime hair.

Sakurako-san: Kinda considering dropping this although I do need to catch up first. Having a story follow a high school boy who spends his free time with a necrophiliac older woman sounds novel as sheet but when neither characters feel very real, it's hard to take seriously. Sakurako herself is quirky and charming and I love that, but she doesn't feel very human or down-to-earth. And the MC is just boring and very atypical. And the entirety of episode 3, jesus christ. Also I've come to the conclusion that this isn't really a mystery and I'm alright with that, although a little disappointed. Maybe it's just because I read Kokoro a while ago but it would've been nice to see a mentor-student relationship between Shoutarou and Sakurako be more similar to Sensei and the Narrator. Maybe episode 4 and 5 fixes this but I have developed a cynicism within me.

Subete ga F ni Naru: The OTHER mystery show that I feel is slightly better, but only slightly. I'm not someone who generally complains about the slow pacing(I felt .hack//SIGN was perfect) but this truly is slow. Stretching a single novel out to an entire cour is just plain impractical. Durarara did it but it had to fill in a lot too(although that turned out quite well). I'd have dropped this and read the novel if it was actually translated. For absolutely no real reason I am caught up with this and not a boatload other shows.

Valkyrie Drive: Eh, it gives me boobs and nipples. I'm not really going to complain but the MC, virgingirl, kinda annoys me with her voice. And Mirei's not my type so you know, sucks for me.

One Punch Man: Behind but it's OPM, it's satisfactory so far. No complaints.

Goch S2: A show after my own heart.

The rest: I'll...find motivation to watch or catch up some day. Some day.

• 1 month later...

Subete ga F ni Naru is over and in the end I really liked it. The method of entry into the locked room wasn't something I thought of, and was an interesting solution. The exit method's just okay though, but the focus being on the method of entry is a little uncommon, I think. Solid 7/10. Had the best ED of the season that wasn't Gundam's too.

Archived