[Finished]Summer 2015 Postseason Leaderboard Tournament

Ln8Hpvh.png
Because of circumstances regarding Striker's usual position of hosting this tournament, I am doing it for him in his place.

As you can probably tell, this is the Summer Postseason tournament.

Here, you will compete against each other in 1v1 tournaments using selected themes for cardmaking.

The winner will receive the honor of being the Summer champion.

[spoiler=Rules]
1. All YCM, Section, and Leaderboard Rules apply.

2. All matches will be posted in the 1v1 section by me.

3. Top 8 in the season may enter (although at this time, only 6 have submitted their applications by deadline).

Therefore, two people who didn't place in the rankings or anyone else interested is allowed slots.

First come, first serve though.

4. Deadline for entry is August 28th @ 11:59pm HST (GMT-10:00), though I have the right to close entry early.

5. This will be a double elimination tournament.

6. Cards for each round are due 2 days after the card requirements are posted.

Time extensions may be granted if things happen such as lack of internet, coursework or other offline matters, though the extension will be a max of 2 days.

7. All cards must be PM'd to me.

8. The winners of each round get a Rep from the losers.

9. The brackets shall be done through Challonge.

10. Seeding shall be based on regular season standings.

11. I have the right to add rules as we go.

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

Final Theme: Design a monster card based on Latias from Pokémon with the following constraints.

• Must be at the power level of common bosses.
  • Have no lower than 2500 ATK and DEF.
  • At least 1 effect that reflects her personality/characteristics.

(You have until September 28th @ 11:59 pm HST [GMT -10:00])

[spoiler=Prizes]
1st: 10,000 points, 3 Reps, Award Logo (from Rai)
2nd: 7,500 points, 2 Reps
3rd: 5,000 points, 1 Rep

[spoiler=Contestants]
1. Striker

2. Dragon Sage

3. Gadjiltron

4. Queen DeVille

5. Giga

6. Progenitor

7. GarlandChaos

8. Silenth

[spoiler=Bracket]
natsu2015postseason.png

I literally ripped this from a template Striker made for this (bar the edits regarding timezones), so yeah double elimination.

Also should note that the participant pool is now closed.

I likely forgot that Queen submitted her intent earlier on; although I can't edit the Challonge bracket now because at university + I don't remember my pass.

(Oh wait, I probably don't need it because it's being paired by seeding)

Round 1 requirement is up (along with the bracket; it should update the pic every time I modify the pairings, but now you know)

Try to get your entries in by this Saturday @ 11 pm HST (GMT/UTC -10:00).

If you need a deadline extension, please let me know.

Because of the late start due to weather-related issues with net, going to try and post all four R1 fights at once.

Wait, Saturday 11pm? Isn't that window a little sm--

*time zone offsetting in progress*

Ah, that's Sunday 5pm for me. Acceptable.

EDIT: Card sent.

That's why I choose to use GMT-10; all of you (or least a very solid majority) will fall to the right of it, so that grants you extra time.

In your case, that would equate to about 17-18 hour difference between me and you (I think Singapore is in the same zone as Nai [indonesia])

I can confirm both Striker and SIlenth have submitted a card, so their match can go up.

Giga, Progenitor and Garland need to submit theirs within the next 27 hours (give/take a few minutes).

I may need to PM them if they don't, or Queen will likely do it for Giga, as both of them get a "rematch" of sorts this time due to seeding.

Well, the deadline has elapsed.

Giga has notified me that due to circumstances beyond his control, he has to drop out of this tournament.

Garland has not submitted an entry (nor has he asked for an extension), so for right now, Dragon Sage and Queen both have byes for Round 2.

I think that pairing image should be updated by now.

------------

Other two fights will take place; Striker vs Silenth AND Gadjiltron vs Progenitor.

I will try to post them ASAP, but do note that I still have some home internet problems, and things may be slow.

(I don't like keeping you all waiting, but blame the recent storms in Pacific for deciding to be jabroniy + screwing stuff up.)

Given the circumstances, I'm just going to call this match a 1-0 win in Sage's favor, since I had granted Garland enough of an extension, but he didn't submit a card for the match.

However, there will be the loser bracket against Progenitor.

The round 2 requirement will be to create a Level/Rank 7 or higher LIGHT or DARK monster.

Please make sure your entries are in by September 4th @ 11:59 pm HST (GMT/UTC -10:00).

(The theme has been updated on the OP)

Again, if you need an extension due to coursework and other things, please notify me as soon as possible (if you can't do it on your own, have someone relay the message in your place).

I have no idea of when Striker wants to host his Fall PRE-Season tournament, but it'll likely be soon.

Well, Gadjiltron and Queen have both sent in their entries, so all Round 2 fights are a go.

In specifics, you vs Gadjiltron and Striker vs Queen.

Progenitor and Garland won't fight until later (loser bracket).

Silenth has an auto bye in there because Giga withdrew earlier.

-----

Although, given that all entries have been submitted, the matches can go up early.

(Just keep in mind that the deadline hasn't come at the time of posting, even if I hadn't gotten all of their stuff: just remember that I do NOT observe DST; it's 11:05 pm right now)

Well, the Round 2 bracket is finished, and our top two players this season face each other in the semifinals.

However, we still have to deal with the loser bracket from Round 1.

I have received Garland's card, but Progenitor's one isn't ready yet.

-----

As for the Round 3 requirement, I will think it over during the next couple days.

However, it may be more difficult.

Gadjiltron faces Silenth in the R2 loser bracket, and Queen gets either Progenitor/Garland, depending on how the match between them ends up.

You two get a few days to rest, while I try to get Progenitor to submit a card.

Else, you guys are going to have that Round 3 early (and we have the R2 loser bracket dealt with). 

Again though, I've not thought of an appropriate theme yet.

Maybe I'll be a bit...unorthodox with this one; or you get a standard fare thing.

Well, it appears that Progenitor is either too busy with stuff or doesn't have interest competing anymore, so I'm going ahead and marking it as a win for Garland.

(I had given him enough time to submit a card, even with the delay)

In any case though, Garland fights Queen in the R2 loser bracket (Gadjiltron already had his match considered)

-------------

In the meantime though, I'll get the Round 3 stuff set up.

Theme this time will be to design a WATER Dragon-Type Xyz Monster

You have until September 12th, 11:59 pm HST to submit a card (for Striker and Dragon Sage).

I will PM all of you with the theme though.

[in case you're wondering, using a randomizer program I wrote to determine your task this time]

Archived