Yu-Gi-Oh! CYCLE [IC: Currently Arc 1]

Draconus297

After finishing the handshake with Margaret, Micheal's position currently sitting on the couch before the two girls had grown much less comfortable. The reason being was how upset Sora had gotten. His eyes were on hers as he was confused at first. Regardless of his confusion, he gathered his soft features to show a small smile. "What're you sorry for? You didn't ask." His statement wasn't harsh and really didn't show how he really felt either. Any sign of a blush was truly and entirely gone from the thin male's face now. "It was my fault, really. I think you have a quality that-Well-" As he started speaking to Sora again, he stood and gave her shoulder a soft pat. "A quality that made me want to tell you everything. I couldn't help it, sorry."

As he retrieves his hand, he looks to Margaret with a small smile. "Yeah. You're right to say 'the past'. It was years ago." His blue eyes turned for the platinum blonde's own. "Let's just hope-Between you and me-That I am good enough to uphold that honor. Even if I last only a round or two." His lack of confidence shined as his communication skills remained as strong as ever. His smile was a false one, not that it mattered. His eyes moved between the kind duelists that would speak to him as he reached back to grab his duel disk and deck. "It's been great talking to you two, if you wouldn't mind excusing me... I gotta prepare for my first match. I hope I can talk to you two again soon." He started walking away before he finished his last sentence, waving back to the girls as he walked towards Rock.

From what Micheal understood: Rock wouldn't be standing here all silent and cool-cucumber if he had lost his duel. The false smile on Micheal's face dropped as he approached his friend. His facial features could be seen right through by Rock after their training and he didn't want to lie to him anyway. "Margaret and Sora over there are really nice. They both talk a lot, I guess that's why you and Sora didn't hit it off so well, eh? -Whatever. I'm going to prepare for my first match. I know it isn't soon. I'll be back shortly." With this, Micheal turned from Rock as he walked to the door of the room. He knew how plain it was for Rock to tell that Micheal was letting the stress get him, and he left Rock with a thumbs up.

The way to the bathrooms wasn't too far and Micheal found his way without too much guesswork. Thankfully. He didn't like how he turned that conversation for the worse. Those two he had just met, he didn't have to bring up his brother at all. It was a clear sign that Micheal wasn't grieving in a healthy way and he even made Sora look so upset. A pit evolved in his gut as he glared at the pained blue eyes in the mirror. He hated how weak he felt all of the time. He hated how, at times, the thing that felt like it was the most important to him was just a sad subject for others. The memory of his brother. As if in order to function properly, he had to forget all about the kind older brother who would do anything to make sure Micheal was okay.

A sigh escaped the thin male's lips as he was alone in the bathroom. "Just stop thinking about it. That isn't how things are, and you know it." He thought to himself as he set his duel disk with the deck in it at his feet. The maroon, soft shirt that went over his white dress shirt was slowly pulled off his frame as he dropped it to the floor as well. He began to unbutton the top three buttons of his cringled and lopsided dress shirt. It was just messy looking because he liked to wear the maroon shirt over it. After a short inspection of the sink, Micheal smiled and let the back of his head rest under the faucet, turning on the cold water. The sudden blast of cold water felt nice as he massaged his long paper-white fingers through his hair.

His stress would begin to melt away as he turned off the faucet and tried to work most of the water out of his hair. The light brown hair had a knack for wanting to be damp all of the time and he knew that even with a few minutes of work his hair would remain dripping briefly. After giving up on that, just like his stress, he stood up straight with his wet hands against the mirror. He returned to starring into his blue eyes with his brown hair dripping down his chest, neck and shoulders, only getting a few drops on his shirt. He hated the loser behind those blue eyes so much. This tournament is going to be all or nothing. There wasn't a back-up option after this point. If he lost this tournament too early, he would just put his brother's deck back into the binder it has been resting in since the accident and just leave it under the bed. If he lost here, he would return to working at the Library exclusively. A small chuckle left his lips as he looked into his eyes. Rock wouldn't want to hang out with that kind of loser anyway. Why would professional duelists waste their time coming to a book store to talk to an emotional loser who can't win a single duel.

"No." His lips moved and the sound followed, naturally, smoothly. He shut his eyes tight and remembered how Rock suggestedh he dealt with his stress. His breathing patterns changed as one of his palms against the mirror pulled into a fist. "I don't have to be the loser I see in this mirror..." He breathed the woreds outwards as he openned his eyes. The talking obviously wasn't a suggestion from the silent giant. Micheal's blue eyes found the brown-wired necklace hanging from his neck with the silver peice attatched to it. In earnest, he couldn't ever remember what store he got it from. Just: Some month after his brother passed away, as a kid with a little change, he turned one of those little toy machines and got this little thing. He must have been wearing it ever-since under his clothing. A smile came to his lips as he realized it probably smelled just like his shampoo.

The thin, pale, book store cashier had stood back from the mirror and gave himself a look over with the same smile. He couldn't duel properly if he left his sleeve on his left arm down. A few buttons later, the white dress shirt sleeve of his left arm was folded up past his elbow. Micheal looked to his right wrist. It was so plain compaired to his left, without any trinkets of any sort to hide even the smallest amount of his thin pale forearm. He unbuttoned the cuff to his right wrist and let the dress shirt sleeve of his right hand remain partially open as he picked up his maroon shirt and tossed it over his right shoulder, pulling the duel disk onto his left wrist, he looked to the mirror one last time. He realized there was no time to continue nitpicking. His damp hair seemed so much more defined and just a little messy. His skin would appear more lively after the rinse too. "We'll be okay." He pointed to himself in the mirror as he smiled and left the bathroom.

The cool air just outside the bathroom door felt like a gust underh is newfound wings. His damp hair appreciated it too. The smile on his face was highlighted by his first set of confident eyes as he stepped back into the absurdly blue room. Without missing a beat, Micheal walked up to stand near Rock at his odd corner choice like it was best spot in the room. His gaze, like ice, scanning the screen. "I know I'm ready now." A coldness in his voice unlike his pained, soft, pathetic voice from earlier. The coldness was almost weaponized like it was preparing to put on a show.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashley shook her head, confused. "Whatever, homeboy," she said, sneering- in a way that flaunted the snakeskin dress she wore.

"I'll start the party with a bit of preparation- my Serpent Hunting Grounds and Prey Snare Continuous Spell Cards!" Suddenly, two large rectangles representing the cards Ashley had set appeared on the field. "Now, every time I Summon a Fungal Serpent, I get to draw a card, and I get to put a Spore Counter in a random monster you control."

Ashley seemed to enjoy this. "So, without further introduction, here's my Viper of the Fungal Serpents!"

A large, hissing green pit viper, covered in patches of Rot and decay, appeared on Ashley's field.

{Viper of the Fungal Serpents

EARTH - Level 4 - Reptile - 1700/1200}

"And now . . . a little direct attack should get this party started right. Viper! Sink your fangs into him!"

The massive snake slithered forward with impressive speed, and lunged out to bite Blake on the arm.

============

Gloria spared a glance over at the young man who had just stepped back into the room.

"Either he's breaking down, or he has a plan," Gloria whispered to herself.

"Hm, so you respond by throwing serpents at me. I'm afraid their poison won't reach anywhere near me this time, for my Queen is about to protect my Life Points! I use the effect of Angelica, Frozen Queen of Atlantis to get her Special Summoned to my side of the field when an opponent's direct attack is declared. You probably won't touch her too, as she can't be destroyed by battle."

The super defensive effect of the newly Summoned monster got Ashley thinking about unfair abilities. But she decided to wait and see if there are any weaknesses behind that unbreakable wall, so she declared a Turn End.

While drawing a card, Blake's monster started to lose energy considerably. At the verge of death, it regained everything back when a cost was paid. "During each of my Standby Phases I have to discard 1 card to save my monsters from their own effects." He did it, seeming to not care that much.

"Oh, that balances things up a bit and now i know h--" Blake abruptly interrupted her speech by using the previous activated Spell effect. "Whenever a card is discarded from my hand during the start of my turn, I can draw 1 card due to my Aquamirror." He said while recovering the advantage. Ashley then realized why only that Spell was used before. "Not bad.."

"Let's start some big plays. I activate the Spell Card: Water Technique of Atlantis to Special Summon 1 Water Fairy-type monster from my hand. Come forth, Zero, Sorcerer of Atlantis! Now that I got him on the field, let's bring out his Loyal Companion along. In exchange of my Normal Summon for this turn, Zero can Summon 1 Atlantis Token. Now I suppose you remember the card that was discarded this turn. By sending my Continuous Spell to the Grave when I control 2 or more Water-attribute monsters, I can Add that monster back to my hand, then I Special Summon Sarius, Commander of Atlantis by Tributing my Token. Also, when I get Commander on the field, I'm allowed to add more Atlantis monsters to my hand" Blake quickly searched for the Boss of the Deck, but decided to wait more turns until he would Summon it.

"I attack with all I have! Go Commander, give that snake a painful death with a Tidal Wave, then the others may attack you directly"

Angelica, Frozen Queen of Atlantis - 1200 ATK

Zero, Sorcerer of Atlantis - 1500 ATK

Sarius, Commander of Atlantis - 2000 ATK

Ashley was left with 5000 Life Points and a devastated Monster Zone while her opponent quickly gained advantage upon that situation.

"I end for now, but be warned that while Sarius is on the field, other Fairies cannot be destroyed by effects. This means I won't have to pay their costs to save them from destruction."

[spoiler=Cardex]

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/326470-atlantis-archetype-77/

"Not too shabby," Ashley said, giving credit where it was due. "However, you have failed to notice something- I have 5100 Life Points. Why? Because of my Viper's effect- when your Commander attacked it, my Viper bit him for a Spore Counter. That lowered his ATK by 100."

She grinned. "And that's not the end of it."

Another serpent, this one a mottled, mold-covered boa constrictor, appeared on Ashley's field. "Allow me to introduce the Constrictor of the Fungal Serpents. Cute, isn't it? Thanks to my Garden, I draw 1 card, and thanks to my Prey Snare, I can place 1 Spore Counter on a random monster you control."

{Constrictor of the Fungal Serpents

EARTH - Level 4 - Reptile - 900/2000}

Suddenly, a small green ball of fuzz latched itself onto the Sorcerer. "Not who I wanted to begin to rot, but it's not really relevant. Also, because you control a monster with 2000 Attack Points printed on his card, I can show you my Python!"

Suddenly, a thick, vomit-green python that had small mushrooms growing down its back slithered into position on Ashley's field.

{Python of the Fungal Serpents

EARTH - Level 4 - Reptile - 1400/1500}

"While my Garden doesn't trigger again, my Prey Snare sure does!"

Yet another ugly green fluff ball latched itself onto one of Blake's monsters. This time, it grabbed Angelica. "Shoot," the girl pouted.

She quickly got over her stress. "And now for a bit more fun, a third Fungal Serpent! Say hi to my Mamba!"

A thin black snake came into position on Ashley's field, rotted away so its belly exposed its writhing organs.

{Mamba of the Fungal Serpents

EARTH - Level 4 - Reptile - 2100/800}

"He'd normally be Level 5, but bringing himself out like this lowered his Level to 4. Also, one more Spore Counter!"

Yet another puff of green fluff came down, sticking to the Commander.

"Ding ding ding! We have a winner!" Ashley yelled gleefully. "Before I explain what these Spore Counters accomplish, how about my Python switches himself to Defense Mode to give all your monsters another one!"

The ugly python curled into a ball, and three balls of green fluff were shaken free, sticking to each of Blake's monsters.

"Now, alone these Counters do nothing. But, my Python drops your attack and defense power by 200 for each, as does my Constrictor, and-" she said, stifling a giggle that would in any other situation be considered cute, "my Mamba takes 300 per Counter! So, each of your monsters takes a hit of 700 points per Counter! That's 2 each on your Queen and Sorcerer, and 3 on your Commander!"

{Angelica, Frozen Queen of Atlantis

0 ATK}

{Zero, Sorcerer of Atlantis

100 ATK}

{Sarius, Commander of Atlantis

0 ATK}

"Now, you were right to bring out a monster that can't be destroyed in battle. My Mamba can now bite her again and again!"

The massive black serpent bit hard into the beautiful young woman, causing the monster to scream. However, true to word, she stayed on the field.

"And, when my Constrictor battles, neither monster is destroyed! Show that Commander why even Caesar feared snakes!"

The huge snake slithered forward, and coiled around Sarius until he screamed, but, again, no destruction.

"Now, I Set one card face-down, and end my turn- and before you can do anything with yours, I acivate the Continuous Trap, Rot Damage! Now, because your monsters are too feeble, they can't even be Tributed, or used as Material for any Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz monsters!"

Her Life Points rolled down to 4100.

She smirked, her damage wrought. "Oh, and don't bother Summoning anything. Mamba will put 2 Rot Counters on it immediately."

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/339528-fungal-serpents-agm-written/

Rock looked at Micheal, the cold tone taking the Silent Duelist by surprise. He sighed and patted the thin boy's head with his large hand. "It is good you are focused, but do not be too uptight," He said.  "The nerves can make you make mistakes or take stupid risks you'd never take normally," he had learn that one the hard way.  "And I may add, I did hit itoff well with Sora. I told her my name, did I?"

That was true. He usually wouldn't even answer a person if they asked for his name.  "Anyways, I'm glad you're making new friends," He watched the duel at hand. Snakes... why did it have to be snakes? 

"So. That Sora girl was cute," He said evenly.

Surprised that someone got this far against his strategies, Blake's fate was delivered to luck and the next draw would determine everything's outcome. There is still that card that can help me now. I could easily overcome this situation with it, but... He wasn't used to this at all. Most of his matches were won with the exact opening hands he got. It just got worse when he realized this wasn't even the finals.

"I will be victorious!" With closed eyes, he drew wishing for the best. Not even the luckiest person could believe in what happened. "Yes!" His big smile frightened Ashley, who believed to have everything under control.

"First, I'll discard 1 card to keep Sarius alive, then Summon another Token with Zero's Effect, but my Normal Summon for this turn is gone." He took a deep breath between the orders, and felt for the first time, how was the sensation to truly be one with the deck. It was like the right card had come to help on the right time by its own will. "Activate Spell Card: Book of Eclipse! All face-up non-Token monsters are changed to face-down position!"

Ashley knew what was coming next. It has been indeed a very lucky draw. But maybe that's something that only the best players can achieve. That made her feel better about this probable incoming loss.

"Time to awaken once again, all my monsters are flipped with their respective stats reset. 1 more Token is Summoned with Zero's reset effect, and now my field is full! Perfect for what I had planned since Turn 1. By Tributing 2 Tokens and Sarius, the true King of Atlantis shall rise and spread his unmatched power along the battlefield. Shine forth, Orion, the Fallen King of Atlantis! This isn't done yet, Fishborg Launcher was sent to the Graveyard earlier this turn, which means it can now be Special Summoned. Following it, I synch my 3 monsters, Angelica, Zero, and Fishborg. A bigger nightmare is about to unleash his full might, Synchro Summon Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier!" 

All of a sudden, the audience remained quietly for a few seconds, taking a brief look at those two legendary creatures.

"Its time for Trishula to wipe 3 cards you own, including the Graveyard, Hand and the Field. Now you only got 2 monsters left, and I can still use Water Technique to Summon 2 Fairies, 1 from my Hand and other from the Graveyard." He calls more allies, all was set for the big finale. The final order is then given.

"Everyone, attack!"

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - 2700 ATK

Orion, Fallen King of Atlantis - 3500 ATK

Sarius, Commander of Atlantis - 2000 ATK

Melissa, Fierce Knight of Atlantis - 2000 ATK

The audience was still in shock state. It would take a while for things to get in normal shape again. Blake availed himself of the moment and quickly returned to the guests' room, thinking about his development and plans for the next battles.

Micheal narrowed his eyes when Rock pat his head. The coldness was a refreshing tone for Micheal and it was clear to him that Rock misunderstood it. As he would. Knowing Micheal a month and just now seeing what he had to offer when it came to a steady as ice posture would be rather confusing. Micheal's eyes returned to normal as he never looked away from the screen. "Don't belittle me, Rocky. I got this. I am going to do my best and feeling good about it isnt going to hold me back." He stated as he referred to the tournament. "The competition here is huge, Rocky. I can't tell if it is like this every year or there is just a surplus of talent this year. I can already tell by that duel between with the Fusion King and Gloria that the pace of the game went up. But, how much, for how long, I cannot tell." His comments on the tournament continued as he spoke to his mentor.

"If you fall that 'hitting it off' then I would hate to see your 'crash and burn miserably." He started with a joke about rock's interaction with Sora. "Buddy, I think she thinks you just don't like her at all. I informed her that you're usually short with everyone... Cute?" His eyes widened as he looked down to his feet. "Why would you say something like that? She probably has a boyfriend or something." A slightly panicked tone escaped his lips as he touched his soft maroon shirt that hung on his shoulder.

Gloria saluted Blake as he re-entered: spineless he may be, but damn if he couldn't make a comeback. Gloria filed away that there was a good chance that he might be a threat, and began flipping through her Extra Deck.

The ever-bored assistant leaned into the room, her bright orange gum standing out in the deep blue room. "Argonaut Delta and HAYATE to the tournament floor please," she said, loud yet not seeming to care what she said.

The two had stood out considerably, even prior to being called out.

Argonaut Delta wore what looked like functional armor, with gold paint smeared liberally in many locations. "I am Delta," he said, his voice rippling through the room.

HAYATE, however, was a young man wearing clothes that had almost as many spikes as his hair, and no one stood near him due to fear of their eye being put out. "AND I AM HAYATE!" He seemed incapable of speaking in anything resembling an indoor voice. Not that one minded- his very voice pumped one up, and made you want to root for him.

Rock takes his hand away and returns to his normally quiet and nearly emotionless voice. "Apologizes. I did not mean to patronize you,"  He looks at the two current duelists. Both had an amazing presence that seem almost overwhelming to the silent man. Despite his intimidating stature, his fortitude did not match it, no matter how much of a facade he put up, and he felt like he would be crushed. And yet people still tried to depend on him, like he was a solid rock, instead of the frail stick he was.

"I don't crash and burn," He says. "I'm usually gone before anything happens," He then turned to look at Micheal. "Yes. Cute. As in, find out, see if she has one, and if she doesn't, become her boyfriend. Don't end up like me," He looked back to the duel. He decided to do the unthinkable. "If you do not ask, I will ask for you," That how much he wanted Micheal not to turn out him himself.    

Micheal couldn't look up from his feet as the conversation about Sora didnt seem to be ending soon. He would address the easier part to. "It's okay, man. No need to retreat into your shell either. I'm just on edge for my duel is all..."

"I don't crash and burn, I'm usually gone before anything happens," Rock's voice sounded like it was pressuring Micheal's gut. Something was wrong with Rock when it came to other people, he just couldnt figure it out on his own. "Yes. Cute. As in, find out, see if she has one, and if she doesn't, become her boyfriend. Don't end up like me," There it was again. Was it a girl who hurt his friend? Someone he cherished who he just coudnt tell the truth of his feelings to before he lost her? Micheal couldnt piece it together no matter how much he strived to help Rock. Help him socially. It was Rock's weakness that was one of Micheal's strengths, afterall. Micheal wanted to say something. He wanted to ask what happened to Rock.

"If you do not ask, I will ask for you,"

Micheal clenched his fists to this comment as color came to his face and he glared to Rock. The male had clearly emotionally grew since his few moments outside of the room. Yet, he felt a weakness when it came to girls still. He couldn't help the embarrassment he felt just thinking about trying to recover in the even that Rock went ahead and asked Sora if she would date him. "You absolutely will not, Rock. You hear me? Don't funk with me like that... You can tell I already feel weird when it comes to Sora and I went and did something stupid and I wanna make up for that first. Okay? If I want to ask her out, I will. Still feel like she's too exciting to not have a boyfriend, but still."

"If she has a boyfriend, why is he not here supporting her?" He asked in a monotone voice, picking through his deck and looking at each of the lowest leveled version of the monsters in his deck. "But fine. You have my word I will not ask her for you," He was retreating into his shell, Micheal knew this. It was common for him to stare at his low level monsters when he did. The scarred giant was always lost in thought as he looked at them, but he never told Micheal what went through his mind. The few times the apprentice duelist would ask, Rock would never answer, or even acknowledge him.

It was as if he went to his own world of pure silence, and sometimes it seemed he never wanted to leave.

The Duel on the screen was quite the affair, and Gloria regretted not heading over to the snack bar down the hall before it had begun.

=============

"Due to Minerva's effect, I am permitted to add a monster known as Judgement Dragon to my hand," Delta said quietly, his voice commanding so much attention that the crowd had gone utterly silent, leaving the sound of the announcer's heartbeat audible throughout the stadium. "Due to the fact that Lumina, Raiden, Wulf, and Ryko are in my Graveyard, being Lightsworn monsters of different names, I am permitted to Special Summon Judgement Dragon from my hand."

The huge, feathery white dragon stood proud on Delta's field.

"It is now that I activate Judgement Dragon's special ability. At the cost of 1000 of my Life Points, I may destroy all cards on the field, with the exception of Judgement Dragon itself. Accept judgment."

A huge pulsing wave of energy swept the field, clearing it.

"Judgement Dragon, I command you to attack," Delta said in his soft, commanding voice.

With that, HAYATE was down to 800 Life Points.

"MY MOVE," HAYATE bellowed, making it clear as to why his name was caps locked on the roster page. "I WILL SUMMON MY BEAUTIFUL LADY HERO- ELEMENTAL HERO SHADOW MIST! SADLY, SHE CAN'T STICK AROUND- BECAUSE I ACTIVATE MASK CHANGE! SUMMON- MASKED HERO DARK LAW! I ACTIVATE THE SPELL CARD FUSION POWER! BY PAYING HALF MY LIFE POINTS, I CAN DOUBLE THE ATTACK POINTS OF ALL FUSION MONSTERS! DARK LAW NOW HAS 4800 ATTACK POINTS!"

Finally pausing, yet not seeming to take in a breath, HAYATE grinned widely at his armored monster. "DARK LAW! DESTROY JUDGEMENT DRAGON!"

============

Gloria seriously wished she had brought popcorn.

Micheal did not say a word as Rock retreated. At this point, the socially adept, thin male has achieved what he was looking for even if just momentarilly. The silent giant wasn't going to ruin his chances of talking to Sora normally for the foreseeable future. Thankfully. After a small sigh, Micheal smiled and put that conversation behind as he watched his mentor 'meditate' into his lower levelled monsters.  Not a damned clue given as to why Rock did this, maybe it just helped the Giant organize his thoughts with himself. Either way, Micheal made no plans of leaving Rock y himself. As his friend, they were here for each other. The thin male also wanted to keep an eye on the silent giant to keep him from addressing Sora for dubious purposes. Cold blue and penetrating eyes made their way back to the screen to watch the knuckle-fest unfpld between the powerful hero and the godly dragon. As cool as the dragon was,the hero did have the stat advantage-it would seem. His heart thumped just a little faster as he tried anticipating what kind of moves his own opponent would pull on him. 

"...So then I finally managed to get out Road Warrior after his Mischief of the Yokai shenanigans and clobbered him!" Sora made an enthusiastic punching motion into her fist. "He spun out so bad he almost ran into a streetlamp! But geez, the kerosene trails all over the highway were really hard to explain to the police!" She chuckled awkwardly. She had been going on recounting "awesomely hilarious" and "hilariously awesome" stories about her dueling adventures for quite a while. In that time, Margaret had learned that Sora lived alone, save for a pair of kittens back home, had no family, her parents having died while she was at Duel Academy in a freak cheesecake accident to leave her enough of a trust fund to pay for her apartment, had a rival obsessed with gothic lolita and necromancy, liked to cosplay as Duel Monsters, especially Bujin Hirume, worked at a mechanic's shop in her spare time to pay bills in between tournament winnings, and was allergic to Worcestershire sauce. It seemed as if all of this had been going on for hours, days even, Sora just prattling on and on and on, but it really hadn't been that long. She finally snapped Margaret out of the funk of social intoxication with the simple question. "Oh! Sorry! I think I went a bit too far about myself. How about you?"

HAYATE returned, in all his spiky glory. "A WINNER IS ME!"

Gloria tried not to smile, but, well . . . the man's joy was infectious.

However, the assistant was somehow so dead inside that she responded with a mere pop of her neon orange gum.

"Sora Suzuki and Markus, to the arena," she said, her voice expressing nothing but a desire to be anywhere else.

"Sora?!" The voice came from a guy with sandy-colored hair, whose mouth took up about two-thirds of his face. "My first Duel is against a chick?!"

As they walked away, Markus grew increasingly more indignant and offensive.

As they arrived, Markus shut up just long enough to hear the announcer's introduction.

"All the way from Savanah, we have Markus, the Roulette Duelist! Apparently his Dueling Record is composed of fifty wins and nineteen losses. Not impressive enough for you? All fifty of those wins have been consecutive!" The announcer's pep once again infected the audience.

"The Synchro Queen of Yugendu, we are graced with a girl who has already won more than one tournament in the past- let's have it for Sora Suzuki!" He stretched out the girl's name like he was announcing a boxing match rather than a Duel.

Markus grinned."This should be an easy one. What am I going to be facing, hmm? Some weak little pheasant of a monster? I don't even think she owns a monster with more than 2000 Attack Points. Bimbo probably doesn't even have a functioning Deck. Go first, for all the good it does you."

Sora heard her name, and immediately leapt into action, running for her Duel Runner. "Sorry about this, but I'll talk to you after my duel! See you soon!" She grabbed her helmet, plopped it on her head, and sat in the seat of the vehicle in one swift motion, turning it on and revving it up as she drove the machine through the hallways towards the arena, speeding expertly through the corridors, until she burst out of one of the tunnels and jumped off of a ramp onto the stage itself, swerving to a halt in front of her place, and parking the Duel Runner. The stadium erupted at the display of utter badassness, Sora taking off her helmet to reveal her flowing blonde and red locks, getting off of her Duel Runner to take her Duel Disk and get into position, going first and not drawing. "I will first-" She stopped, freezing up when she heard the word that enraged her the most...

"You know, for such a 'skilled duelist', you really don't see that you're nothing more than a skank. I bet duelists only lose to you so they don't have to make you upset, or they want to get in your panties. You're a dumb bimbo, using your body to win!"

"How can you not know basic finances! You're the worst client I've ever had to represent in all of my time as an agent! You're nothing more than a bimbo, a set of boobs with a nice personality attached to them! Dumb blonde!"

"I can't believe you really thought I considered you anything more than the bimbo you are! There's nothing in that skull! But now that you're in a slump, we're done! Hope you enjoyed the ride, you stupid jabroni!"

"I...I am...I am not...a bimbo..." Her voice cracking, half enraged, half quivering. Markus hit it right on the nose. She checked her hand, shaking her head slightly. She was originally going to go for Junk Gardna, but she saw a different play form in her head. "I activate Junk Station from my hand, discarding it to add Synchron Explorer from my Deck to my hand!" She looked up as a streak soared across the sky above them, and a card floated down for her to catch. "Next, I will discard Level Eater from my hand to activate the effect of Junk Anchor!" An assortment of mechanical parts moved onto the field, assembling themselves into a small humanoid figure made from gunmetal gray, dark maroon, and a green display screen for a head. (0 ATK|LV2|Tuner) "Junk Anchor lets me then Special Summon Junk Station from my Graveyard, and use himself to Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster needing a Synchron Tuner! By the way, Junk Anchor can be treated as if he was any Synchron Tuner, so he works for this situation!" As she said this, Junk Station formed on the field, floating slowly as the decrepit space station, with blasted-out modules, ripped solar panels, and a cloud of debris surrounding it, stayed in place, as if pinned in gravity. (0 ATK|LV7) Junk Anchor's screen flashed on as complex programs ran across the display, before triggering a command that made him become 2 green rings. "Great blue beyond opens up into a bright new day!" Junk Station lazily enters the rings, its battered parts becoming a septet of stars. "Under clear skies, our armada steams forwards! Synchro Summon! Carry us forth! Fleet Warrior!" The array floats up, fires off a beam of light..and something GIGANTIC emerges.

Crashing down on either side of Sora were two gunmetal bow-like projections, attached to long armored legs bristling with turrets, chains, and ports. These, in turn, were connected to a torso armored to look like a ship, complete with two massive shoulder pauldrons that mimicked the landing strips of an aircraft carrier. The huge warrior's long arms ended in turret-like gloves, and its head was actually a helmet shaped to resemble the conning tower of a naval vessel. This massive humanoid towered above Markus, displaying how much power Sora had at her disposal. (3300 DEF|LV9) "I end my turn by setting 2 face-down cards!" She placed down the final two cards in her hand that were not Synchron Explorer, and waited.

Sora: 8000 LP
Hand: 1 (Synchron Explorer)
Monsters: Fleet Warrior (3300 DEF)
Spells/Traps: 2 FD
Graveyard: Level Eater
Banished: Junk Anchor, Junk Station

[spoiler=Cardex]

Junk Station
Synchron Explorer
Junk Anchor
Level Eater
Fleet Warrior

Markus looked mildly intimidated by the field before him . . . before starting to laugh, and laugh hard.

"You broads are all the same. Easy to push into making dumb mistakes," he taunted. "From my hand, I activate the Continuous Trap, Shot Roulette!"

Suddenly, a massive roulette wheel using a revolver cartridge appeared on Markus's field. "I can do this because you control an Effect Monster with more than 2000 Attack Points. Now, every time I draw a card, I have to reveal it to you. If it's a Normal Monster, you have to send your cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard times my monster's Level! Get ready, bimbo, 'cause here goes! I activate Upstart Goblin! Have 1000 Life Points!"

He drew from the top of his Deck with a flourish. "Whaddaya know. It's Hyozanryu, a Level 8 Normal monster. Say goodbye to the top 8 cards of your Deck!"

However, it looked as if he were just getting started. "I activate a second Upstart Goblin from my hand, and give you another 1000 free Life Points. Ain't I a gentleman?"

He pulled the next card from the top of his Deck. "Ha! Another Normal Monster! A beautiful lady by the name of Dragon Horn Hunter! She's a Level 6 monster, so that's six more cards!"

"To finish up my little combo, I activate Absurd Greed! At the cost of 2000 of my Life Points, I can draw 3 cards, and I can't Summon any monsters among them."

He flicked his wrist, drawing another card. "Normal Monster! Serpent Night Dragon! Level 7!" 7 more cards from Sora's Deck, straight to the Graveyard.

"Normal Monster! Red-Eyes Black Dragon! Level 7!" Another 7 cards.

"NORMAL MONSTER! SUMMONED SKULL! LEVEL 6!" Six more cards.

"I'll end there, stupid girl. No one challenges the Great Markus!"

Markus: 6000 Life Points

Sora: 10000 Life Points

[Loss by Deck-Out imminent]

Margaret had been chatting with Sora for a while, her life was very interesting, and she was listening to every word she said. Sora told her about her life back at her home, the rival she had, how her parents died. And a bunch of various trivia and facts about her. Sora was very ecstatic and Margaret liked her for that. Sora was about to ask me to tell her my life, but before i could answer, the attendants called for her to duel. She drove onto the stage on her motorcycle, leaving a bit of smog inside the room, and she was starting the battle. She summoned a bunch of Junk monsters, and then proceeded to Synchro Summon a giant airship mecha warrior robot thing. "A very interesting deck, indeed" She thought. It was Sora's opponent's turn and he played a Deck-Out deck, "Great, we have another duelist with those decks with no strategy." she said as she continued to watch the ongoing duel while snacking on popcorns.

Rock was lost in memories, each card having its own voice, each one crying out to him... And he hated it. He honestly wished he could burn his deck, be rid of every card and every memory they gave him... But to do so would spit on the memories of those he met, and he didn't want to do that...

"Take a deep breath. It's time to say goodbye," The silent giant inwardly cursed and yelled, pleading with his mind not to remind him of the final words uttered but them. "This maybe the end, but it's okay. You'll be alright,"

Except he wasn't. He never was since that day. He had been a dead man walking, living only because he feared death. He was a coward, and he knew it. He feared people, feared rejection, feared failing others. He feared fear everything that made him human.

"Sad never more... I'm sure it's for the better... Don't cry...," But he wanted to. Gods, he would break down right here and now if it wasn't for the fact he was surrounded by gods know how many people. What would they think of a giant of a man breaking down and sobbing? What would Micheal, one of the only people to stay for more than two weeks would think of this mountain of a man, his own teacher, breaking down, showing weakness? For that reason, Rock wore a face of stone as he shuffled the cards back into the deck and tried to focus on the duel.

"That is a giant battleship," he said to Micheal.

Sora was utterly heartbroken, watching as her opponent dismantled her Deck with a card that she had been tricked so easily into falling for. Fleet Warrior, looming behind her, was unable to stop her foe as she was forced to take groups of cards from her Deck and place them in her Graveyard, leaving her with nothing. He didn't even bother to play any other cards, to rub the insult in further. She had been completely duped, and made to look like the idiot she was. She slumped to her knees, eyes wide, and hung her head as tears began to flow down her face. She had only wanted to come to this island to have some fun and make some friends, but now the people she had met would probably view her as nothing worth talking to anymore. She was being cut short by someone who infuriated her, but she currently couldn't. She had failed, and brought dishonor to herself. She would just go home on the next boat out and go back to her apartment. Even if she could activate one of her cards to save herself, what would it matter?

William watch as a helpless young girl's Deck was dismantled piece by piece, all the while being taunted and harassed by her opponent. Quickly, William shot up out of his seat, screaming, as usual. But this time instead of spouting out his usual nonsense, he took on a brave and selfless approach. "Hey, girl! Don't let this stupid, unintelligent ass get you off your knees! There must be an effect of sorts that you can activate that will save you. You are a warrior, just like your companions fighting beside you! STAND UP AND FIGHT!!!"

"Shiranui... Please guide this woman. She has no other hope... No path to follow. Give her the strength that leads to victory!"

Rock looked over at William with a hint of surprise. Honestly, he didn't think he'd hear something from him other than "Shiranui" and other such ramblings. He had to give him credit, he had the courage to stand and help someone.

Rock wanted to do the same, to call out to this girl that reminded him of a happier time in his life, when he was full of life and had those he cared about with him. But no matter how much he tried, his voice always got caught in his throat. He was a coward, through and through after all.

"Don't give in," he thought, hoping, maybe even praying she could bear his thoughts. "You've not hit your limit. You have much farther to go. Just keep trying and win!"

"You're right, about the battleship." Micheal managed around clenched teeth. Hiz eyes shined with rage and his fists tightenned for a whole new reason. Watching this duel was infuriating. He was losing his cool quickly and he didn't know what to do. With Rock beside him, Micheal decided to take a breathe and release his fists. The feeble excuse for a human being that was insultong Sora, his new friend, was bad enough. Sprinkle in the fact she seemed so lost and afraid and Micheal felt his heart sinking. There wasn't anything he could really do to physically help her. His words wouldn't reach her. Not thay she would want or need to hear them anyway- Damnit, there is that doubt again. "Hurry up and kick his ass." The thought rung in his head as he bit back his imagination from including the things he could do to that douche with a baseball bat. He didn't know if he was truly upset or flooding with rage. Both of these emotions were powerful, one he knows all too well and the other, he would be feeling so raw and vividly for the first time.

Margaret continued watching the duel, and what was a fun and interesting duel, suddenly infuriated her. Sora's opponent was about to deck her out, "Alternative wins are the cheapest and worst way to win a duel, it isn't fair and if you wanna play them, just go play Solitaire instead, since you like having so little interaction with your opponent!" She said, not caring at the looks she received. "Where's that ecstatic girl that i saw before, smiling while telling me of her interesting life! Now, go Sora, kick his ass! Those types of decks defy fate in such an unacceptable manner, it isn't anymore a test of skills, it isn't even a test. NOW GO! THOSE WHO CHEAT FATE SHALL BE PUT BACK TO THEIR PLACE, YOU CAN DO IT!" Margaret thought, hoping that her thoughts would somehow arrive to Sora, who right now was in danger. With clenched teeth, she continued eating her popcorn, waiting for Sora to turn the tables.

Gloria's black coat ruffled as she strode quite purposely within inches of the screen. For someone so unflappable and calm during her Duel, the girl's face was displaying nothing short of rage now.

"Sora . . ." She said quietly, poking the screen's image of the girl in the chest, "if you allow yourself to lose to a dishonorable, spineless idiot like this, you didn't belong in this tournament in the first place. Prove you belong here!" Her voice was slowly building in volume and fury. "You're the Synchro Queen of Yugendu, now Synchro Summon a way to pound this arrogant numbskull into the dirt!"

============

"Sora Suzuki," the announcer's voice rang out, for once not filled with pep and excitement, "if you go two minutes without making any action, I'm afraid that you will be disqualified!"

"No more than what you'd expect," Markus spat.

Archived