Yu-Gi-Oh! CYCLE [IC: Currently Arc 1]

Draconus297

William continued to loom over Desmond and he tried to worm his way out admitting he assaulted Michael. That was, until Damien Devorough, the creator of duel monsters, walked into the room. "Not entirely, nephew dearest," William was shocked to see such an important person standing before him. "Gah! Stupid me! Did he see me tackling his family member?!"

"What do you mean?" Desmond and Gloria asked simultaneously. As the old man began to explain the situation, William turned to see Rock carrying Michael into the room, laying him on a couch. "Oh, Shiranui. Please allow him a speedy recovery!" William nonchalantly walked over to a nearby couch, quietly sitting down on it.

As Damien left the room, Michael slowly woke up, and began muttering something to his guardian, but Will only caught a tiny part of it.

"So the attack felt pretty f***ing real and I saw some very f***ing weird s***."

"He saw something too?! This must be a doing of the gods... Shiranui! Are trying to tell us something?" Before Will had a chance to question him, the young boy was out the door.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Margaret was sitting on the couch while drinking a cup of tea, she took one last sip and... the world turned white for a second, a thick white fog was covering everything, but she saw a ray of light and under that ray a child-like angelic figure. The world turned back to normal, she blinked her eyes a few times to make sure everything was okay. Then she remembered that Michael fainted during the duel. Margaret was about to assault Desmond with her book. But she stopped when Damien, Desmond's father walked in. He certainly had an original style, with bright purple clothing. Then Michael, woke up again. He said something about going to the edge of the island, and that the hits felt real.  "Let's see what fate has in reserve for Michael!" She said as she opened her book, which started emitting a blue light. 3 cards appeared in front of her, they started spinning and then placed themselves on top of the book. "Let's see what fate awaits that boy!" "The 3 cards are: upright Death, it means endings and beginnings, a renovation; Then we have the upright Hermit, which represents the research of the self; and last we have the upright Wheel of Fate, which means good luck, a turning point in destiny, a positive turn of his life." "It seems that something happened while he fainted, and he's now going to the edge of the island to search for the missing part of himself. He will gain new strength. So everyone, prepare to see a whole new Michael!" Margaret said with excitement as she closed the book.

Rock watched Micheal leave. The young boy was a special combination of too nice, too forgiving, and a touch too naive, at least in Rock's opinion. However, he supposed that wasn't too bad in the end. Something confused him though. The attack felt too real? It was Solid Vision, so yes, they would feel something, but too real? That was odd. There was something up with this tournament. He would have to try to find out what.

Before he could argue with Micheal's new rapid fire talking, the boy shoved his deck into his pocket, explaining that this deck was his fallen brother's and he wanted him, the unreliable, fragile giant, to take care of them while he was gone. The news alone caused him the need to sit down, which the Silent Duelist did for the first time since getting here. Rock slipped his hand into his pocket and covered the deck with it. He was touched his... Friend... Trusted him so much, and he was not going to mess this up.

This also gave him time to ponder on Micheal's new... Boldness. Did the attack short circuit his brain or something? He was acting like a whole new person. He heard Margaret doing a tarot reading, which he wasn't too... Convinced of. He didn't believe in that sort of thing.

The assistant, surprisingly somehow still uninterested, looked up. "Last call for Brittany Sinclair, or she forfeits."

Some of the other Duelists, including Desmond, began searching the room, and HAYATE left with Kuroppi to see if the girl was out in the building somewhere.

Meanwhile, Gloria watched Micheal leave with interest. "So . . . he wasn't harmed too badly, it seems. Curious . . ."

"Do I get an apology, then?" Desmond asked in his ever-soft voice.

"No," Gloria responded, "but suspicion is off you . . . for the moment."

The assistant looked at William with her dull, bored stare. "If she forfeits, we skip directly to you and Mister Twelve. Hope you're ready."

"Oh, I am," a man said from uncomfortably close behind William. A tall, portly man dressed entirely in leather was holding a short, thin woman dressed likewise. "I am more than prepared to face this . . . delightful young man in a Duel."

"If she forfeits, we skip directly to you and Mister Twelve. Hope you're ready."

"Looks like Duel 14 was a no show... Perfect! That means I get to show off our power sooner."

William prepared to head towards the arena when he felt a warm breath on the back of his neck, sending shivers down his spine.

"Oh, I am," A man stepped out from behind William, giving the young boy an eerie smile as he did so. There was something... Very creepy about him. "I am more than prepared to face this . . . delightful young man in a Duel." William felt extremely uncomfortable as he walked out into the arena, his opponent following closely behind him. "Shiranui... I'm not sure if I want to duel... This guy in particular. Do you have a reason for making him part of my fate? Because... I don't like this one bit."

"Please... Sir... Take the first move." Both duelists step of their Duel Disks and drew their starting hands.

Mister Twelve grinned, exposing large, unnaturally white teeth. "Gladly. Let's begin."

He looked at his hand leerily. "I begin by Summoning my Pain Master, by discarding a card from my hand."

{Pain Master

DARK - Level 6 - Warrior/Effect - 1800/1800}

A tall, thin man carrying a bullwhip and bearing a smile as wide as his face appeared on Mister Twelve's field.

"Next, I activate two copies of the Spell Card, Poisoned Arrow!"

Two huge arrows struck Mister Twelve in the back, and then an identical pair of arrows caught William in the back. "Now," Mister Twelve continued, audibly panting, "we both take 400 points of damage if either of us Special Summons a monster. So, I Summon Rack Rotator from my hand."

A huge, disgusting imp with a wheel appeared on Mister Twelve's field, and the wheel sprouted chains connected to both Mister Twelve and William.

{Rack Rotator

DARK - Level 3 - Fiend/Effect - 800/1400}

"Now, whenever one of us takes damage, the other one does, too- the same amount, in fact!" Mister Twelve seemed overly gleeful. "However, so long as Rack Rotator is on my field, I can't lose for running out of Life Points."

Mister Twelve giggled, making large swaths of the crowd uncomfortable. "Add to this that Pain Master protects my Rack Rotator from you, and we're running into quite the situation."

[spoiler=Cardex]

Pain Master

DARK - Level 6 - Warrior/Effect - 1800/1800

You can Special Summon this monster from your hand by discarding one card from your hand. As long as this monster is face-up on the field, DARK monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card, for battle or card effect, except "Pain Master". This monster cannot be destroyed by battle if your Life Points are equal to your opponent's.

Poisoned Arrow

Continuous Spell

Both players take 200 points of damage every time a monster is Special Summoned.

Rack Rotator

DARK - Level 3 - Fiend/Effect - 800/1400

As long as this monster is face-up on the field, when either player takes damage to his/her Life Points: the opposing player takes an equivalent amount of damage. If you control this face-up monster, you cannot lose the Duel if your Life Points equal 0.

William became more and more disturbed as his opponent's turn went on. "My turn, you creep! I draw." Will swiftly pulled a card out of his Duel Disk, then slammed into the monster card zone. "I play my Flame Brother #1, which allows me to Special Summon Flame Brother #2 from my hand in attack position." Both players flinched as they took damage.

"Flame Brother #2's effect allows me to increase its Level by 1 each turn, which means it's now a Level 4, just like Flame Brother #1. So, now I'll overlay both of them!" Both of Will's monsters turned into red beams of light, swirling together into a hole in the ground. Out of the hole came a warrior covered in slick black armor. "Brothers of the Flame, unite into one holy warrior, lit with your burning passion! Xyz Summon, Rank 4! Flame Brother of Destruction, ignite!" The crowd cheered as once again both players took damage.

Will's LP: 6800

Twelve's LP: 6800

"I now activate my Equip Spell Flame Brother Mech Suit, which increases my Xyz's monster's ATK by 500. But that's not why I activated this card. By decreasing my monster's ATK back to its original 2500, I can destroy one of your monsters, and the one I choose is Pain Master." William's monster was instantly covered in a mechanical silver suit, and its lance changed into a red saber. It quickly slashed the air in front of itself, causing Mister Twelve's evil monster to smash into millions of tiny fragments of its former self.

"Now, attack, my champion! Let Shiranui's power into yourself, and destroy the enemy. Strike of the Flaming Sword!" William's monster jumped forward and struck down his opponent's demonic imp, causing his opponent to take damage. "I'm not done yet! Flame Brother of Destruction's effect activates. By detaching an Xyz Material from it, I can inflict damage to you equal to half of the Xyz Material's ATK and DEF. Half of Flame Brother #1's ATK and DEF is 1350, so you'll be taking that much damage."

Will's LP: 6800

Twelve's LP: 3750

"I set two cards to end my turn."

[spoiler=Cardex]

Flame Brothers!

Mister Twelve grinned again, wide enough to expose even more of those teeth. "Aren't you quite brilliant? Oh, how this Duel is so fun. Draw!"

He continued grinning maniacally, as revealed his draw. "I activate the Spell Card, Reset Board! By ending my turn immediately, I switch our Life Point totals, and control of all of each other's cards!"

The extremely creepy man began laughing, in a giggle far too high-pitched to escape a throat that thick.

============

Gloria nodded in grudging approval. "He knows his Pain Master strategy is likely to leave him at a disadvantage, so he knows how to reverse a loss into a win."

[spoiler=Cardex]

Reset Board

Normal Spell

Switch control of all cards on the field, and trade Life Point totals with your opponent. When this effect resolves, your turn ends. "Reset Board" can only be activated once per Duel, by either player.

William watched helplessly as his opponent took all of his cards and swapped their Life Points. "H-He just stole everything! Shiranui, did you plan for this to happen?!"

"You damn thief! I won't let you get away with this... DR-awwww..." William's face scrunched as he saw the card he drew. His maniacal opponent's smile only grew larger and more psychotic. "I set a monster and another card and end my turn."

"This... Is alright... I can work with this... I think. Shiranui, why did you allow this embodiment of crazy to steal your sacred treasures, your heavenly cards?" Even as this Duel went on, Will's mind kept flashing back to that mysterious image of the giant. "What does it mean?"

Mister Twelve grinned even wider, somehow. "Isn't this so beautiful, little William? A situation of assurances? We both know the end result! DRAW!"

He grinned even wider at his draw. "By sending these two free facedown cards to the Graveyard, I Special Summon Pain Creator! Relish the pain!"

William watched his Life Points drop to 3350, and Mister Twelve's to 6400.

Suddenly, another man dressed entirely in black was on Mister Twelve's field, this time carrying a spiked mace.

{Pain Creator

DARK - Level 6 - Warrior/Effect - 1900/1900}

"Now, my Pain Creator is where things get REALLY INTERESTING," Mister Twelve breathed, seeming to enjoy this a bit too much. "While he himself can't attack, he can boost the Attack Points of all other monsters I control by his own! And if I destroy a monster in battle . . . let's just say I hope you enjoy the Rack . . ." He giggled nonsensically.

"Flame Brother of Destruction . . . Destroy!"

The burning Warrior nodded, flash-stepping to William's Set card.

============

The knight drew his sword, clashing with the smoke titan, and it returned to the form of a pillar.

The sorceress sent a blast of light to strike down the magma titan, and it too returned to a pillar.

The child gripped the titan of salt, and it quickly became a pillar once more.

The dog bit down on the ore titan, and it coalesced into its pillar form.

The giant traded punches with the sand titan, and it settled into a fifth pillar.

[spoiler= Cardex]

Pain Creator

DARK - Level 6 - Warrior/Effect - 1900/1900

You can Special Summon this monster from your hand by sending any 2 cards you control to the Graveyard. This monster cannot attack. All monsters you control have their ATK increased by this monster's current ATK. If a monster you control destroys your opponent's monster by battle, Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower DARK monster from your Graveyard.

William didn't even notice as his face-down monster was destroyed. Instead, he was kneeling down holding his head in pain, as if there was a battle going on within his mind. Suddenly, he envisioned the giant that he saw before, clashing punches with an entity made of sand. Once the sand being retracted into a pillar, William tried to speak, but only his thoughts were said. "Shiranui, what does this mean?"

"You fool. This isn't a working of that pathetic god you bow down to."

Suddenly, William snapped back to reality, and looked at the playing field. "S***, I forgot to use my monster's effect." Somehow, his opponent looked more menacing with each passing second.

Rock watched the Duel unfold in front of him. It seemed William was having a hard time, not that the giant could blame him. It seemed the pain obsessed opponent wasn't one to go down easily, and was also a thief. He couldn't stand people like that, stealing other people's cards instead of relying on their own strength. It sickened him.

Of course, the fact that the Shiranui obsessed boy was holding his head in supposed pain probably wasn't helping him. In a way, he was the same, depending on a god to help him instead of himself to win battles. Not that he really had a right to judge though. He still heard voices, after all.

Flame Brother of Destruction cut through the face-down monster, and Rack Rotator reappeared on Mister Twelve's field in Defense Position.

"I'm down to 6000 Life Points, dearie me," Mister Twelve giggled sarcastically. "What-ever will I do? Oh, right- end my turn . . ."

Mister Twelve threw back his head and laughed.

============

Gloria noticed Sora and Blake clutching their heads, just as William was onscreen. Interesting . . .

HAYATE and Roll looked at one another, concerned.

Missus Twelve watched the Duel with interest, her long fingers tapping up and down the length of her leather-clad arms. "Let's go, Darling . . . Finish this little hothead . . . and then we can advance over each other . . ."

Kuroppi, for her part, was really, really creeped out. "CAN'T THERE BE ONE NORMAL PERSON IN THIS TOURNAMENT?!"

"Crap, he's got that damage-inflicting monster again. At least I can destroy it in battle this time around... My turn... Shiranui, guide me to victory with this draw!" Will's Duel Disk showed he only had 2950 Life Points left. "I play my face-down card, Jar of Greed! This lets me draw a card!" William glanced at his hand of two and looked over at his grinning opponent. "Stop smiling, you fool. I activate my Spell RAIGEKI!" A bolt of lightning struck all of the monsters on the psycho's side of the field, destroying them. "I now play Flame Brother Revival, bringing back my powerful Xyz monster from the Graveyard!" Will's monster return to the field, once again under his control. Both player's Life Points dropped due to the maniac's spell cards.

"Time for a huge attack! Let Shiranui's power into yourself, and destroy the enemy. Strike of the Flaming Sword!" William's opponent's expression changed to shock, but only for a split second, reverting back to normal as soon as he got bowled over by the attack.

Will's LP: 2450

Twelve's LP: 2900

"This is no good... Shiranui... If he can get past our Flame Brother of Destruction, it may be over."

Margaret was in the room reading while sometimes taking a peek at the duel, the Shiranui guy and the creepy one. She took a sip from her cup of tea and... She was in that bizarre vision again, thick light fog, almost butter colored was covering everything, it was humid but she couldn't smell the natural odors of rain or fog, there was only a very slight smell of incense. In front of her there was again the child-like angelic figure but this time he wasn't alone, the child was battling with a... thing made of salt. It was a humanoid creature made of big chunks of salt. With every some salt fell off of him. Then the mysterious angel hit him with a ray of light and the giant transformed back into a pillar. Margaret could feel the blue leather under her hands and the perfume of her tea, she was back in the room. "Wow is it this tea that it is giving me visions?! I should probably stop drinking it... But it's too good!" She said while taking another sip, it was the 3rd cup she drank that day. The duel was going on and she couldn't tell who would win, one could kill the other in a turn.

Mister Twelve grinned, flashing those huge teeth again. "Well, I suppose I should draw now . . . or I could banish Visions of Revival from my Graveyard!"

Suddenly, a large image of said card appeared, before disappearing into a purple vortex. "What this does is allow me to Special Summon any one monster from my Graveyard in face-down Defense Position! I can't Summon again this turn, and I can't conduct my Battle Phase, but what I can do is draw twice in my next Draw Phase!"

Mister Twelve put his finger to his lip, in a parody of the classic "innocent" pose. "But wait- where did it come from?" His grin reappeared. "I had to discard from my hand to bring out my Pain Master, didn't I?"

Mister Twelve giggled nonsensically, a monster card appearing on his field.

============

Gloria watched the Duel with interest. "It seems, regardless of his next action, William will have to delay finishing off his . . . unusual opponent. Quite the smart player, I think."

[spoiler= Cardex]

Visions of Revival

Normal Spell

Target one face-up monster you control: when that monster is destroyed, Special Summon it in face-down Defense Position. You can banish this card in your Graveyard to activate the following effect: Special Summon 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard in face-down Defense Position (you must have at least 4 cards in your Graveyard to resolve this effect). During the turn in which you activate this card, you cannot Summon or conduct your Battle Phase. During your next Draw Phase, you can draw 1 additional card.

"Why isn't he just giving up?"

"My turn. Shiranui, victory is within my grasp if you give me a good card... Draw!" William's smile matched his opponent's as he revealed the card he drew to his opponent. "I Summon Gaia Soul the Combustible Collective! This monster has an amazing 2000 ATK. Now, that might already seem very powerful, but the fact that it can also inflict piercing damage is what makes it so great... Gaia Soul, crush that worthless face-down monster! Molten Smash!" The orange ball of flame flew up into the air, then forcefully slammed down on the opponent's helpless monster. "Now... Flame Brother of Destruction, deal the final blow! Furious Flame Charge!" William's powerful monster jumped forward, quickly slicing at Mister Twelve, knocking his Life Points to zero.

All the cards on the field vanished, and after basking in the applause of the crowd for a few minutes, William walked back into the room full of contestants, glancing at Mister Twelve's wife. "Shiranui... Will I have to duel he next? I sure hope not, especially if she's as crazy as Mister Twelve."

Mister and Missus Twelve smiled at William. "Well, you are an interesting young man, aren't you?" Missus Twelve asked softly, her quiet and nearly seductive voice a definite counterpart to her husband's bombastic cackling. "Since Mr. Braddington is otherwise occupied, I suppose you and I can face off to end the second round."

"It'll be quite the occasion," Mister Twelve agreed, licking his lips in glee.

Kuroppi, meanwhile, walked through the room in increasing confusion. "AM I THE ONLY NON-CRAZY PERSON HERE?!"

She was thoroughly ignored by everyone in the room, however, as the second round's docket was displayed.

DUEL 17: Gloria Tenebria v. Kuroppi

DUEL 18: Saeko v. Ivan Varina

DUEL 19: Margaret Olympia Diamandis v. Arkana IV

DUEL 20: Rock v. KRD

DUEL 21: Blake Murdock v. HAYATE

DUEL 22: Sora Suzuki v. Roll

DUEL 23: Desmond Devon Devorough v. Ilyovich

DUEL 24: William Gordon v. Missus Twelve

"Before the second round begins," the white-suited man from earlier said, "the benefactors of this tournament would like to greet all those who made it this far. Meet again on the second floor."

One trip later, five people stood together in a decidedly less blue room.

Damien Devorough, in an even more audacious purple suit, stood proud in the center of the group, a peaceful smile on his face, his hair re-arranged so it dangled in front of his left eye.

The white-suited man from the screen, now identified by a chair with the name "Cosmo Revol" on it directly behind him, made it clear that he was not to be trifled with.

A woman in an elegant black dress stood to Mr. Revol's side, a smile gracing her lips and a single card in her hand- one that a sharp-eyed Roll identified as "Final Countdown". The woman herself, Saeko identified as Kuroshine Yui, a Dueling model apparently rather famous over in Japan.

In a rather dirty explorer's outfit, one could easily identify Captain Yew, and HAYATE did, loudly as always, embracing the man and going over where their journeys had taken them.

Last, but certainly not least, was a rather short woman in a naval uniform, extremely well decorated. A military admiral, but the name beyond the rank marking was quite noticeably scuffed. The woman was, however, generally cordial, flashing a light smile in the direction of the Duelists.

"Welcome to Round Two," Damien said, as hammy as ever.

Sora, sitting cross-legged on her Duel Runner, was rather surprised at the turn of events. She had quite the challengers ahead of her, and she really hoped that she would be able to compete against these admittedly strong duelists. However, something really bugged her. That guy that eliminated Michael was very powerful. Absurdly powerful. Maybe with Effect Veiler, she could've negated a card to let her play something else, but Michael was pretty screwed by how strong that deck was. And he was actually one of the people in charge of this tournament? There was something really fishy going on here, but she couldn't place her finger on it, especially with such...eccentric duelists. The guy with Shiranui seemed a bit more stable than both of his foes, but honestly, save for him, Margaret, and Michael, she didn't really like how this all was turning out. Regardless, she waited her turn to duel in contemplation, though she would love for someone to come over and talk to her.

Gloria glanced over at Sora- the shorter girl had declared the redhead her rival, if only due to the quick summoning and raw power the other girl displayed. In fact, Suzuki Sora had displayed an ability to Summon so quickly that Gloria wondered regarding her Gravity Counters.

Plus, the redhead had been her only ally in pressing Desmond earlier, and now that he and his uncle were in the same room, they could declare a temporary truce to find out the deal behind those frankly insane A/D cards.

"Gloria Tenebria," she introduced herself. "I am the Void Duelist, and there is a good chance that the final Duel will be the two of us against one another. Provided, of course, the uncle's boy doesn't swoop in on a broken Deck." Gloria crossed her arms and nodded. "Yes, so, Synchro Queen- what say you and I start asking questions until my Duel needs to begin?"

Rock looked at the bracket, doing some mental calculations. He needed to defeat this KRD... Which he honestly wasn't sure how to do so, and then he could face Margaret. He did have a plan for her. Then he would face most likely Gloria. Her monsters were... Harder to get around, but he could manage.

What he found strange were these.... Other people in the room. They were benefactors... But why? Damien alone should have been enough for a simple tournament. And one was in the military. Something was fishy. He would figure it out when he got to the next round, at least he hoped so.

That voice came to him again though.... He wasn't supposed to be here, he wasn't the one to win. "After how you failed them, you don't deserve that," The giant put a hand to his head. Why did he suddenly get a headache from that?

"Well, you are an interesting young man, aren't you? Since Mr. Braddington is otherwise occupied, I suppose you and I can face off to end the second round." Missus Twleve's voice was calm and soft, yet her smile was just as menacing as her husband's. "Really?! I have to beat another creep? Oh Shiranui, this is just horrible!" Not long after Will's duel ended, a man lead all of the remaining contestants up to another room.

Coming into the new room, the next round's bracket appeared on a screen.

DUEL 23: Desmond Devon Devorough v. Ilyovich
DUEL 24: William Gordon v. Missus Twelve

William immediately shuddered, then almost freaked out as he looked at the duel before his. "If I beat this crazy woman I have to duel that Desmond too? S***... Things aren't looking too bright for us, Shiranui."

The duel between the Shiranui guy and the creepy one just ended, won by the Shiranui guy. 

They where then moved to another room, where the next round's brackets appeared on screen. "Oh well well well, i'm against a certain one named Arkana IV, what a terrible nickname, the k was completely unnecessary!" She though as she looked around the room. Sora was still around, and since Margaret had nothing to do, she decided to head over to her and talk to her. Sora was sitting on her Duel Runner, "bit of a odd choice when you have perfectly comfortable sofas right next you, but i guess she's more used to the duel runner." Margaret thought. "Hi, i just wanted to congratulate for your win, you completely turned the duel around, it was incredible!" She said smiling. "Since before you told me about your life, i decided to tell you about mine, even though it isn't exciting at all!" "I was born here, in this city, raised up here and everything. I always was a fan of the mysterious and magical, and growing up with this passion i one day discovered about Yu-gi-Oh! I got started on the game because i liked the tarot inspired cards, which i still use nowadays." "But nothing really exciting ever happened to me."

Calm streets in this awkard island city were not a rarity. But, Micheal still found them odd for a reason he couldn't grasp. This was nothing to complain about. Being alone after that dream had been an excellent decision as he would want to go into detail with the others and they would all just think he was crazy. The vision of the dog biting something and becoming a pillar was an odd one, but he did not stop walking. To his imagination: there were five weird things in the first vision. This one was his, though. The gentle book store cashier continued his walk with his empty duel disk and tired body

His goal was to reach his grandfather's house at the edge of town. For whatever reason, there was a small forest next to the coast where his grandfather decided to make his house. The man was quiet, but ot weak. He moved around all day from what Micheal remembered and he was always busy with something. Micheal stopped in place as he leaned against a building and frowned as he thought of his Grandfather. For a busy man who loved seeing Micheal, what must he be thinking of his grandson who never travels out to see him? With a sigh, Micheal pushed past that thought as he remembered more of his dream and focused further still on the treehouse. The top of the shelf. A deck waited for him there. According to his brother, in the dream, that deck held all of the good cards of the Ketsuen archtype. What an odd situation. If his brother never wanted to go far, why didn' t he ask Micheal for the rest of the set? Why would his brother do all of this without pursuing the cards he gave Micheal that Micheal had simply forgotten? What odd things to think about. Between the thoughts, the visions and the dream, Micheal had a hard enough time remaining calm and keeping his feet moving one after the other.

Sora was brought out of her funk by the sudden arrival of a young girl that appeared to be 16 at the oldest, but looked maybe 13 or 14. This was not helped by the fact that she was quite short in comparison to Sora, and was one of the smallest duelists in the tournament. She had long, but straight, waist-length black hair, amber eyes that glistened with curiosity and fury, and a complexion that was so pale that it almost looked unhealthy. Finally, she was clad entirely in black clothing, from her dyed black jeans, to her black leather boots that added to her height, to a massive trenchcoat-wearing entirely decked out in pitch-black material. The girl introduced herself as Gloria, and Sora remembered where she saw her from. "Oh! You're the one with that cool-looking dragon! Nice to meet you! Though 'Synchro Queen' is a new one. Normally people call me 'Stupid Girl' or 'Savant' or 'That Crazy Broad That Keeps Defeating Us'. I just prefer 'Sora' honestly. It's the name my parents gave me. Anyways, I guess we can ask each other questions. What did you want to ask me first?" She giggled as she realized she just wasted her first question.

Archived