Yu-Gi-Oh! CYCLE [IC: Currently Arc 1]

Draconus297

Various people were crowded into a lavish room, with slick blue leather couches facing various screens, a thick carpet of the same shade of blue covering the floor, and a stand filled with various drinks in the center.

Before conversation could strike up between the assembled Duelists, the screens lit up simultaneously, displaying a thin, wiry man in a white tuxedo so crisp it defied explanation. His pale head was completely hairless, even lacking eyebrows. "Good morning, Duelists. This is the seventh annual Rettopolis Tournament of Masters," he said, his deep voice managing to command power even while speaking softly.

"The thirty-two of you have been judged the greatest Duelists Rettopolis has to offer. Feel free to silently congratulate yourselves." He paused for a moment, as if expecting that people would take the time out to congratulate themselves. "In a few moments, this screen will display the tournament ladder. Each Duel will commence in an order befitting its number: Duel One will commence immediately, Duel Two will start following that one, et cetera. Be prepared."

With that, the screen winked out, before lighting up again with a tournament ladder image.

DUEL 1: Gloria Tenebria v. Alfred Sybillis

DUEL 2: Kuroppi v. Oja

DUEL 3: Saeko v. Bill Ford

DUEL 4: Yubari v. Ivan Varina

DUEL 5: Margaret Olympia Diamandis v. Rex Rhodes

DUEL 6: Pria Thetonopolous v. Arkana IV

DUEL 7: Rock v. Dieci

DUEL 8: Tyson v. KRD

DUEL 9: Blake Murdock v. Ashley Slithley

DUEL 10: Argonaut Delta v. HAYATE

DUEL 11: Sora Suzuki v. Markus

DUEL 12: Roll v. Kira Dearborn

DUEL 13: Michael James Sawyer v. Desmond Devon Devorough

DUEL 14: Brittany Sinclair v. Ilyovich

DUEL 15: William Gordon v. Mister Twelve

DUEL 16: Brad Braddington v. Missus Twelve

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Margaret went on her day as usual, woke up, did the usual morning routine and did some shopping before going to the meeting point for the tournament. She decided to join the Rettopolis Tournament of masters to test her skills, she didn't care about winning or losing, she just wanted to have fun.

The meeting point was a room, with blue leather couches and a blue carpet. There were also various screens, where Margaret supposed the tournament brackets would be displayed. After grabbing a cup of water, she sat down on one of the couches, and the screens all turned on, showing a bald men. "Good morning, Duelists. This is the seventh annual Rettopolis Tournament of Masters, The thirty-two of you have been judged the greatest Duelists Rettopolis has to offer. Feel free to silently congratulate yourselves. In a few moments, this screen will display the tournament ladder. Each Duel will commence in an order befitting its number: Duel One will commence immediately, Duel Two will start following that one, et cetera. Be prepared. " He said before the screen showed the tournament brackets.

"Okay, so i'm in duel 5 against a certain Rex Rhodes, interesting..." She then wrote it down on her smartphone, so she wouldn't forget. 

She then decided to look around the blue room in which, thanks to the dress,she blended in nicely. While looking for interesting people to chat with before her duel starts, she took a sip from her cup of water. "I'm ready to do this!" She said with excitement.

Micheal was crowded among the other competitors into a very blue room with couches and televisions. Though, blue wasn't his most fitting color given his dark hair and maroon shirt that clung over his white dress shirt beneath, it was a nice change of color compaired to seeing Rock's bold scarf for the past month. The training was going to pay off, was the last thing that would be on Micheal's mind as the televisions turned on and a well dressed bald man began to speak. As the man spoke and detailed the tournament, Micheal looked to Rock to see if he was paying any attention to the screens. It didn't bother Micheal if Rock was paying attention or not, he was prepared to recap what the wiry almost sickly in Micheal's opinion -looking man was saying.

The man on the television spoke and the list of duels and their order was described. It was during this point that Micheal nudged Rock with his palm before sitting down on the arm of one of the couches with his duel disk and deck in his lap. "Basically, the duels are in the same order they will take place in already on screen. The first duel will be the one at the top. We'll get to watch about six duels before your duel, number seven there. We'll get to see plenty of the competition by then." Micheal spoke softly, there was no need to yell as it felt like Rock and Micheal would be one of the few duelists actually discussing anything. He didn't know how many people would actually have a friend make it into the tournament as well. Such a prestigious tournament. Micheals brother deserved to make it here.

The dark haired, thin male had worn a lazy frown. His voice sounded much less enthusiastic as thoughts of using his deceased brother's deck to carry on his dream was making his stomach turn. "Anyway, let's just hope the first few duels are lively. I won't be competing until way later, duel number thirteen. Six games after yours, Rock." He continued in his less lively tone. Micheal didn't let his emotions govern all of his tone, but it was still appearent no matter how much he fought it. His eyes bore into this jeans.

Rock barely listened to the bald man as the black haired man stood, refusing to sit and let his guard down around these people. He just looked at he screen to see who he was dueling in the first round. "Dieci...," He committed that name to memory. Since he was number six, he would have a little time to see if he could dig up some strategies or even what deck the man used. He highly doubted though, since he wouldn't believe that anyone would leave such vital information out for any participant to find.

Besides, he would have to see what the next round competition was like, and he couldn't do that if he was snooping.

He then heard Micheal speaking to him. He listened to him, honestly wondering if he thought Rock needed to be fed this information or if he was trying to talk away the nerves. He just nodded in response after the thin male finished. Rock wasn't much for talking, and besides, he would have to be louder than he'd liked to be heard in here. He could pick up that Micheal was in turmoil on the inside, but all he could do was offer a comforting -he hoped- pat on the shoulder as he scanned the room.

Blake was almost at the state of panic just by being amongst the greatest duelists he had ever seen. Frozen at that large couch, he wasn't able to do a single move. "Cool down! Picture the dream world." He unceasingly kept on those words in his mind, escaping momentarily to his special place of kind creatures and beautiful open world scenarios, where all memories about the past didn't exist. It was a true paradise.

As the announcer began to speak, he abruptly opened the eyes, only to see the scared look in an woman's face in front of him. It was merely the hostess bringing out a cup of water. In an awkward manner she offered the drink, which he accepted willingly. The water was shaking inside of the cylindrical glass, eyes were down, not making visual contact, inflexible stance made everyone on the room unaware of his presence. Although he was trying really hard to socialize, it seemed like a helpless case.

Once the tournament ladder got displayed at the giant screen, he immediately looked at the round number featuring his duel, then quickly got up and left the crowded area. In a corner he tried to relieve all stress acquired during that short time. "i'm really not used to places like this..."

Micheal saw the fire all over again. The sound of the sirens behind him, he couldn't forget. The fire gently licking his young face as his older brother never even makes it to a window or the door. He remembers the feeling of the tar to his knees as he fell in disbelief. The fear of what his brother would look like, such a disgraceful feeling. He never asked the coroner if his brother woke up and suffered or died peacefully. That moment of weakness, waiting for his brother to run out. He never did.

The touch to his shoulder had pulled him back to reality. It was unbelievable how the unspeaking giant could be so gentle. You would figure a pat to the shoulder of this much smaller male would send him right out the arm of the couch and onto the coushins. Micheal's blue eyes regained their ability to take in real information about the blue room around him, looking to the scarfed giant blankly for a second. The smile returned to Micheal as he remembered exactly what they were doing. This drop-out, washed-up, book store cashier was about to prove his mettle to an array of the city's finest duelists. He already knew he wasn't meant to be the champion of the city. This attempt at the tournament was never about that.

His brother's deck in-hand, his duel disk around his wrist, he stands beside the silent giant. "Let's go grab something to eat before the first game. My treat." His words were much more cheerful as he tried to pretend like he wasn't about to have an episode right there. He doesn't know why each step closer to his first publisized game. Stage fright never got to him before. Maybe it was the idea of letting his brother down. A sigh escaped his lips as he woked his way through the crowded room.

Rock noticed the blank look Micheal had given him and frowned. He had seen this more than a few times during the last month, but he never got anything more than reassuring words and a subject change. It wasn't his place to pry into what went into his... friend's... head. If he was to know, then he trusted the younger man to tell him.

"Let's," was the scarred man's simple reply. Anything to get away from the crowds. As he followed Micheal out, his orange scarf fluttering behind him, the giant heard the voice in his head again, the one that told him he was opening himself up again, caring for another. It told him how it would only end with him being hurt, and with him failing the one depending on him again.

That voice never sounded like his own consciousness though...

One duelist, however, was not waiting around at the chairs. Instead, she had managed to carefully finagle a purple and silver Duel Runner with red headlights and gold decals, and a very sleek appearance that almost seemed to be like a jet fighter into the room, despite its worn and beat-up appearance, and was now using the propped-up bike as the site of a very peculiar mirror match. On one side was her beat-up Duel Disk, resembling an orange and grey boxy contraption, sitting in its slot, while on the other was a spare deck on the black leather cushion of the seats, cards spread out into a rough playing field. A small group had gathered around her to watch the mirror match, the Asian-looking girl with blonde and red hair styled into a set of fins as well as a braid trailing behind her red, white, and pink clothes seemingly oblivious to the gathered group.
"HA HA HA HA!!!" She declared from one side of the Duel Runner in a deep voice mimicking a male baritone. "There is no way you can win! I have a field full of Synchros! You have only two cards in your hand! I win next turn!"
"Oh, no!" She cried out in a much more feminine voice once she had quickly dashed over to the other side, acting out both parts, like from an anime. "I guess this all relies on my next card!" She draws her card, and smiles. "Perfect! Just what I needed! I activate Angel Baton! This lets me draw 2 cards, but send 1 of them to the Graveyard, so I draw, and send Doppelwarrior to the Graveyard!" She draws the 2 from her Deck, then sends a card depicting a strange soldier clad in black to her Graveyard. "Next, I Normal Summon Junk Synchron in Attack Mode, and activate its effect!" She places down a card of an orange-looking humanoid. "His effect lets me Special Summon Doppelwarrior back from my Graveyard, and then, I will Synchro Summon to make Junk Warrior!" She sends the two cards to place down a Synchro Monster of a purple humanoid with yellow wings and an oversized fist. "Doppelwarrior creates two Doppel Tokens, which Junk Warrior gains the ATK of upon Summon!"
"Big deal. So your Junk Warrior is more powerful than my Nitro Warrior, my Carbon Warrior, or my Drift Warrior." Her "opponent" retorts as she shifts sides to play her foe in the mirror match. "I'll just make something more powerful next turn!"
"Well, I can still inflict a ton of damage to you! Junk Warrior, attack her Drift Warrior, especially when I activate these!" She plays down the remaining two cards in her hand, one a Monster Card of a golden sprinting figure, the other a Spell Card of a giant energy fist superimposed over Junk Warrior.
"And these are...?" The opposing mirror of the girl asks.
"These are Rush Warrior and Scrap Fist. Scrap Fist gives my Junk Warrior several effects upon attacking, such as doubling the battle damage. Plus, Rush Warrior doubles the ATK of my Junk Warrior from 3100 to 6200, meaning I deal 4400 damage to you, which is doubled by Scrap Fist into..."
"8800...damage..." The exasperated mirror chokes, her eyes wide, before sinking her head down in defeat. "A One Turn Kill...How could you..."
The girl runs over and begins to jump up and down celebrating at her mirror match performance, several of the people watching clapping at the display and how quickly things turned around, despite the charismatic dancing that she seems to be doing, though it's clear by the looks of a few that they are simply there to watch her boobs bounce up and down.

[spoiler=Cardex]

Angel Baton
Doppelwarrior
Junk Synchron
Junk Warrior
Nitro Warrior
Carbon Warrior
Drift Warrior
Rush Warrior
Scrap Fist

"Duel number 15?! Oh Shiranui, why must you make me wait to unleash your wrath upon my worthless foes? The weaponry you gifted to me, your brothers of the flame, cannot wait to scorch my opponents!" Standing it the center of a crowded room, William Gordon shouted many sentences not unlike these. A few people stared at him, wondering what the hell he was going on about. Most people, however, were watching a silly duel happening in one of the corners of the room. "Oh, you wouldn't understand. You're all worthless humans, whose lives are nothing more than a boring story. But I, William Gordon, have been bestowed legendary powers from the divine Shiranui, who has sent me to this Earth to eradicate my filthy foes, starting with... Mister Twelve? Reveal yourself, you unholy creature! Soon, it shall be your time to feel Shiranui's unstoppable wrath!"

After waiting a few minutes for his opponent to reveal himself, William started pacing the room. "My master... Are you sure you want me to go through with these battles alone? There are many strong-looking enemies here. At least half of them will be gone before too long."

Suddenly, the door reopened.

"Call for Gloria Tenebria and Alfred Sybillis," a bored-sounding assistant type called into the room. Suddenly, an older man in a jumpsuit and a young woman in a black trenchcoat walked out of the room.

All the screens then lit up with an image of the stadium- a massive affair. There had to be at least twenty thousand people in the stands alone, never mind those watching from home.

"Here we have our first two Duelists," a loud announcer called. "Representing Terra Heights, we have Alfred Sybillis! Fifty-seven years of age, this is his sixth appearance in this tournament, and he is a fan favorite."

As if to prove the man's words, a chant broke out in the stands. "A. S. Fusion King! A. S. Fusion King!"

"Last year, he was only kept from victory by a heart condition that slowed him down in the final round! Hopefully this year the Fusion King will finally go beyond simply being one of the best, and be crowned the best Duelist in the city!" The announcer somehow lost no pep throughout this speech.

"And his opponent, a newcomer- Gloria Tenebria, 19 years old, and a native of Rettopolis! Her Dueling Record is literally spotless- seventy victories in a row in ranked matches throughout the city!"

The crowd murmured, which irked the dual Duelists. "Take the first move, miss Tenebria. I couldn't possibly go first against a proper lady."

The young woman shrugged, and her Duel Disk activated with a definitive snap-hiss . "Your funeral."

"Duel!" They called simultaneously.

Gloria smirked. "I'll Summon my Black Hole Core, set 2 cards face-down, and end my turn."

A helpful display popped up onscreen:

{Black Hole Core

DARK - Level 1 - Dragon/Tuner - 300/250}

Alfred laughed. "A Level 1 monster? Pathetic. I draw!"

He grinned. "I activate Polymerization from my hand, and Fusion Summon!"

A cry went up from the audience, but Alfred didn't break stride. "I combine the five monsters in my hand to give you a glimpse of the end- a glimpse of a machine with the power to devastate worlds! CHIMERATECH FORTRESS DRAGON!"

Suddenly, a huge mechanical serpent slammed down into the field amidst tumultuous applause.

{Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

DARK - Level 8 - Machine/Fusion - 5000/0}

"Attack!" he cried.

Gloria chuckled. "I activate the Spell Card known as Crushing Gravity. I negate your attack, and place 2 Gravity Counters on your mechanical abomination."

Alfred was nonplussed. "I'll just destroy you next turn, then."

Gloria drew quietly, and smirked again. "Don't you just wish."

[spoiler= Cardex]

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/339947-void-eyes-black-hole-dragon-support-written/

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chimeratech_Fortress_Dragon

The giant and the gentleman had returned from their trip to the concessions to find the televisions still going, the duel had started, but they didn't miss anything yet. There was a good space on the couch near a peculiar girl as Micheal made his way to the open end coushin where Rock could stand on his left. It was clear from before that his scarred friend wasn't too keen on sitting around the strangers. They had a tray of nachos each as Micheal relaxed and watched the woman's turn.

"A weak monster and two face downs, plenty of cards in her hand... That's probably a trap, right? I don't know, it doesn't look safe. Her life points are wide open and she looks so cool-so in control." Micheal spoke to Rock as he tossed a nacho with cheese into his mouth. His friend's silence made a ghostly feeling of psuedo-agreeing crawl up Micheal's back. He wasn't a mind reader, so he knew it was a false sense of agreement. The old man's turn was flashy, but Micheal narrowed his eyes. "You don't think he's desperate, do you? As cool as that move was, there goes his hand advantage right there. It was probably all he could do, his fusion materials looked pretty big, I don't think he could normal summon at all. But-" Micheal stopped talking as he noticed the female's play. A simple nod was all he could muster.

He wondered to himself if his friend was going to discuss the duel with him or not. Maybe not. Now that they are here, Rock was probably considering what would give himself the edge over the competition. Then again, Micheal didn't think of himself as competition for anyone. All of the duelists really worked to get here and he felt just stupidly lucky. Being in this room felt like a priviledge he did much less to be handed when everyone did their dues to work their way into this room. The announcer, though Micheal wasn't in the room for that part, would have added to this feeling if Micheal listenned to the woman's winning streak.

Rock took in all the plays the two were going in the duel. It was interesting, to see one play conservatively while the other went all out. Sort of like smart dueling vs. entertainment dueling. The giant chewed on a chip as he watched the Fusion Prince-or whatever his name was- summon the Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. He either wanted this to end early or he really had no plays. He heard his younger friend talk, and he decided to oblige him.

"It is possible he could have normal summoned," he says in a tone a teacher would take with a student, "But he is a Fusion player. Usually, their monsters are weaker, unable to stand up to a Tribute Summoned monster. But, it could also be because he's a flashy sort of person, wanting to make the biggest spectacle instead of playing smartly," He chewed on another chip. "But she has counters on that monster. Counters are usually not a good thing, and if your opponent has any anywhere, you want to get rid of them as soon as possible,"

It had been the most he had spoken in a long while, and would probably be for a long time in the future. He just had to make sure Micheal understood every angle of a duel. Of course, some things can only be experienced, but he would like to send the thin boy in as prepared as possible.

"Because Black Hole Core managed to survive a turn, all face-up monsters you have- in this case, your Fortress Dragon- have a Gravity Counter put on them," Gloria explained, looking at her hand as if bored.

"Now I Normal Summon my Black Hole Wyvern- who I immediately Tribute to activate its effect! I Special Summon my Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon!"

A huge black dragon took up a massive portion of the arena, its dead-looking purple eyes narrowed in malice as it bellowed. The lights seemed to dim in its presence.

The ever-so-helpful box opened.

{Void-Eyes Black Hole Dragon

DARK - Level 8 - Dragon - 3000/2500}

{Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

DARK - Level 8 - Machine/Fusion - 1800/0}

"What?" Alfred exclaimed, confused. "Why does my monster have only 1800 Attack Points?"

"Void-Eyes here has a special ability. For every Gravity Counter on a monster, that monster loses 100 Attack and Defense Points times its Level or Rank," Gloria said, her arrogant smirk spreading wider across her face. "Four Gravity Counters, times Level 8 Chimeratech . . ."

Alfred looked increasingly frightened.

"But wait, there's more!" Gloria laughed. "I tune my Level 8 Void-Eyes with my Level 1 Core! Give rise to a monster with all the might of a black hole, a terror whose very existence devastates the area it occupies! Synchro Summon! Level 9- Void-Eyes Supermassive Dragon!"

In a display of green energy rings, an equally massive black dragon had taken the place of the one there previously.

{Void-Eyes Supermassive Dragon

DARK - Level 9 - Dragon/Synchro - 2800/2800}

"Not only does this place another Gravity Counter on your Fortress Dragon, but now that there are 5 Gravity Counters on the field, this monster can activate its special ability to revive my Black Hole Dragon!"

A terrifying bellow sounded the previous beast's triumphant return, and one would swear the lights had not been turned down this low.

"Now, as the icing on the cake, my Spell Card! Deepening Void! At the cost of 1000 of my Life Points, I can double the damage that Void-Eyes monsters inflict for the rest of my turn!"

A display flashed, showing Gloria's Life Points rolling down to 7000. However, one got the feeling that another display would arrive soon.

"Black Hole Dragon! Supermassive Dragon! Attack! DUAL GRAVITON BURST!"

A massive blast of black energy flew from each dragon's maw, knocking the older man to the floor instantaneously. Another display showed his Life Points rolling all the way down to 0.

"Don't waste my time, Fusion King," Gloria huffed, her coat fluttering behind her.

Rock watched, folding his arms as he watched the duel end. So, her deck has the ability to lower monsters stats while Synchro Summoning a more powerful monster. She would be formidable to face, seeing as she barely looked interested, meaning she was barely trying. He only hoped if Micheal faced her, he would be ready.

Rock, on the other hand, had no doubt if they faced off, he would at least give her the fight of her life.

Gloria returned to the room, amidst a quiet murmur. She looked at the spot on the couch that her opponent had occupied and smirked- this had been too easy.

Now that there were two free couch cushions, she reclined against an arm, her arms folded behind her head.

The assistant poked her head in again.

"Call for Kuroppi and Oja," she said.

The second Duel went about as well as one would expect Ojamas vs. Ghostricks to, with Kuroppi's Ghostrick strategy earning a narrow victory.

A draw between two different flavors of effect damage Decks- Saeko's and Bill Ford's- was decided by an audience vote, going narrowly to the Japanese schoolgirl.

Yubari's Pendulum strategy would have worked against a normal opponent. However, against an opponent who favored the Grand Theater Field Spell, the more one Summoned only made one lose faster.

The young woman stepped back into the room. "Call for Margaret Olympia Diamandis and Rex Rhodes."

The young man, wearing a beat-up denim jacket with an iron-on depicting a Tyrannosaurus fighting Velociraptors, stood. "Who gets the privilege of being eaten first?" He asked, his voice full of cocky pubescent swagger.

Margaret instead of chatting decided to read, while sometimes watching the duels. That first girl was amazing, let's hope i'm not against her...

"Call for Margaret Olympia Diamandis and Rex Rhodes."

"Oh dear, it's already my turn?!" She picked her book up and went to the door, she was facing a teenager with... horrible clothing style. They looked at each other with deathly gazes and then proceeded to head to the arena. 

So many people around her, all joyful and ecstatic, she wanted to show them a duel they wouldn't forget.  

"The wheel of fate is turning!" She said as she brought out her book, which, when opened started glowing and the deck came out of it. She was now waiting for the announcer to do all the usual procedures and presentation before starting this exciting duel.

"Now for our fifth Duel of the day!" the announcer called, all of his pep still present. "We are in for a real treat today!"

"We have Rex Rhodes, a Dinosaur-type Duelist from Hammond Academy here in Rettopolis! His raw-power Dueling style has made him a particular favorite among the judges! His current Dueling Record standing is forty-seven wins to six losses, and he's on a twelve win streak!"

The teenager raised his arms, egging on the applause.

"His opponent today is no less impressive- the Lady in Blue, the Occult Duelist, we have Margaret Olympia Diamandis! Apparently, she only made her last few necessitated Ranked Duels relatively recently, almost as if she decided to join at the last minute!"

A cheer rippled up through a part of the audience, although most of the crowd had gone silent. A call-and-response chant of "Spellbooks!" "Dinosaurs!" had begun in esrnest.

"I can't attack if I go first," Rex said, his face pulled in that expression of self-important disdain that all teenagers knew. "So I'll let you take the first shot. See how that goes."

The usual presentation was done, everyone was cheering both for her and for her opponent, excitement was in the air today!

Battle Theme

"I can't attack if I go first, so I'll let you take the first shot. See how that goes." Mhm, he seemed like one who loved attacking, but even if so, he would've still gone first, there was something suspicious, a one-turn kill! With what his plan might be already figured out, Margaret decided to start the very awaited duel! "I shall start this duel! Let's see where fate will bring us!" She then looked at her hand. She could definitely do something with it. "I start by activating Spellbook of Secrets! Reveal the secrets of the arcane! With it's effect i now add The Grand Spellbook Tower and immediately activate it!" "I now summon Temperance of Prophecy!" "Now, since i control a Spellcaster type monster i can activate, Spellbook of the Master! And with that i copy Spellbook of Secrets' effect from the graveyard, adding to my hand Spellbook of Power! To then activate it on Temperance of Prophecy!" She then smiled "I now set two cards!" Her hand was now empty, and the only thing she could do was end her turn. "Now during the end phase, Temperance's effect kicks in! Allowing me to tribute her, to summon World of Prophecy!" "My turn is now over, let's see what you got!"

Rex grinned widely.

"I'll start by activating the Continuous Spell, Countdown to Extinction!" He said, grinning. "Now, during each of my turns, I have to send 1 Dinosaur-type monster to my Graveyard straight from my Deck- and the Attack Points of all Dinosaur-type monsters I control shoot up by 500 for every Dinosaur in the grave! So, I'll ditch my Black Stego to the Graveyard for now. Next, I activate Battle Lock! Now, monsters can't switch to Defense Position, and can't be Set, either!"

The crowd had begun to murmur excitedly- apparently, this was a staple in Rex's strategy. He held a card high, and his supporters in the crowd said its name with him.

"RAPTOR ATTACK FORCE!" He called, the audience making him sound louder.

A small cluster of three Velociraptors stood around one another, and the ever-so-helpful information box popped up for the benefit of the crowd and the Duelists in the blue room.

{Raptor Attack Force

EARTH - Level 4 - Dinosaur - 2800/0}

"Now, by ditching Dino Desperado, I can give one Level 4 or lower Dinosaur-type monster on my field the ability to attack a number of times equal to its Level for this turn only. So, Raptor Attack Force gets four attacks this turn!"

{3300/0}

"Dig in," he chuckled, and the dinosaurs rushed to Margaret's field.

============

Back in the Duelist room, Gloria chuckled, murmuring, "Three . . . two . . . one . . ."

"Now, by ditching Dino Desperado, I can give one Level 4 or lower Dinosaur-type monster on my field the ability to attack a number of times equal to its Level for this turn only. So, Raptor Attack Force gets four attacks this turn!" He said, as the dinosaurs were rushing to the field. "That was cute, but you forgot a little detail! I activate my set card Mirror Force, and your dinosaur is now forever gone!" "Since you don't have any monsters now, i suppose you should pass to the Main phase 2 or end your turn already." "So, since your Battle Phase is over i activate my second set card, Spellbook of Fate! I now banish 3 Spellbooks from my graveyard to banish Countdown to Extinction! That card's now extinct!" She was so excited and prevented the OTK and still had World on the field.

Rex looked at the ground, embarassed.

"Doesn't look like I have a choice here," he said, bitterness oozing from his tone. "I end my turn here."

===========

Gloria laughed quietly from her place on the couch. "A one-turn victory engine is unreliable. Anyone with half a brain should know that much."

Some of the other Duelists gave her funny looks, but Gloria didn't care.

She'd beat them all and take this damned prize money.

Done with her mirror match, the girl was now watching the duels, impressed at her future opponents, but she was still rather bored. She looked around at the others, musing at the selection of people to talk to. Some were kinda creepy-looking. Others seemed completely boring and not much fun to hang around. And then there was the middle ground, though one girl that she found interesting was currently dueling. She was using Prophecies, which Sora knew by heart how to play. She knew how most decks played, thanks to spending a lot of time playtesting using Duelink, a website that allowed for online play via one's Duel Disk. You could even hook up a webcam so you could duel from across the world. And she was impressed. However, she did notice a somewhat muscular man with dark hair, tan skin, and a scarred nose that clearly was some sort of Goth. A few seconds later, he could easily see a cute face framed by blonde and red hair squatting down in front of him to look up at him, big red eyes blinking up into his green eyes. "Hi!" She chirped cheerily. "I'm Sora Suzuki! Nice to meet you!" She extended out a hand to shake his.

Margaret destroyed her opponent's plans and her chances to win where much higher. "I draw!" she said as a card materialized out of the book. "I start by activating the Grand Spellbook Tower's effect, returning one spellbook in my graveyard to the grimoire, to draw 1 card" Another card materialized. "I activate Spellbook of Secrets, letting me add a Spellbook of the Master to my hand!" "Then i summon Spellbook Magician of Prophecy, letting me add 1 Spellbook card to my hand from my grimoire to my hand. I add Spellbook of Eternity! Then i proceed to use the Spellbook of the Master to copy Spellbook of Secret's effect from my Graveyard. I now thanks to Spellbook of the Master add Spellbook Star Hall, to then activate Star Hall!" "I now use Spellbook of Eternity to return from the banished zone to my hand my Spellbook of Power, to then use Spellbook of Power on my World of Prophecy, and thanks to these 2 cards Star Hall gains 2 counter, boosting my monster's ATK by 200." "I now attack directly with both my monsters, to deal 4800 points of damage! And with that my turn is over!"

Rock blinked once. Twice. Well, it wasn't everyday he was approached so casually by people. Most were scared of his intimidating stature. He looked at the hand extended to him, like shaking hands was a foreign concept to him. Honestly, it sort of was. He looked up at the duel. It was done, there was no way the opponent could recover, but dammit, he lost his train of though when he was interrupted by Sora. He looked at Micheal next to him, but he seemed enraptured by the duel. Well, if it got her to go away...

"Rock Sairento," he answers.

Gloria was spooked. She hadn't expected any legitimate conversation to be going on in this room. Some trash talk, maybe, but not introductions.

She peeked from behind the couch she had taken for herself, intrigued.

============

Rex raised an eyebrow. "That's it? You're not gonna finish me in one turn?" He grinned. "Not that I mind, o' course."

He drew, then smirked as only a cocky teenager can. "I activate the Spell Card, Fossil Drilling! This lets me draw from my Deck as many cards as there are Dinosaurs in my Graveyard, but I can't Special Summon this turn, and I can only Summon Dinosaurs for my next three turns."

He laughed, and his supporters in the crowd laughed with him. "Not that that makes any difference. I can draw 3 cards now- one for Black Stego, one for Dino Desperado, and one for Raptor Attack Force."

He smiled widely at his hand. "Some guys have all the luck, and I'm just one of those guys. Here's another Countdown to Extinction! I'll send my Black Ptera to the Graveyard- now all Dinosaur-type monsters I Summon will have a 2000-Attack Point boost! So, it's time I introduced you to Dino Desperado!"

{Dino Desperado

LIGHT - Level 3 - Dinosaur - 2800/1000}

"That'll end my turn for now," he said, grinning.

Archived