Charlotte

Rodrigo

charlotte___anime_icon_by_wasir525-d8psu

Very few adolescent boys and girls have an onset of special abilities. Yuu Otosaka uses his ability unbeknownst to others in order to lead a satisfying school life. And then, a girl named Nao Tomori suddenly appears before him. Their encounter reveals the destiny for wielders of special abilities. 

Such a good show. I didn't really expect much from it since this sort of story has a tendency of turning out bad in the long run, but I'm really enjoying this anime. I hope it doesn't end TOO painfully.

And the ending song's a masterpiece. Go listen to it.

Not sure why I dropped this (probably cause I just didn't feel like catching up with a lot of stuff), but I agree, it's pretty good. I might get back to it, but considering I'm used to doing it all at night, it'll be an adjustment for my mindset.

Is it over yet? Cause i'm waiting to watch it with Bree, given the hints that connect it to AB!, until it's finished.

It should end in 3 weeks since it's 13 episodes.

Well, it's from the same studio, the story's not too far off from the main idea of AB, there's quite a bit of feels and Tomori does remind me of Kanade.

And I really recommend you two to watch it.

It should end in 3 weeks since it's 13 episodes.

Well, it's from the same studio, the story's not too far off from the main idea of AB, there's quite a bit of feels and Tomori does remind me of Kanade.

And I really recommend you two to watch it.

Apparently some twist in episode 6/7 directly connects to an episode of AB, as if this was a prequel, but i don't know exacts. Definitely plan to watch, though.

Bree and I have been watching... and Episode 11...

[spoiler=Nickname relevance]"So the nickname "Pooh"... was a lie all along...?"

As someone who watched Winnie the Pooh as much as I could when I was a kid... and still adore it... This line absolutely tore me up. I started bawling.

The serious moments in Pooh always alluded to him being Christopher Robin's childhood given shape. All of them, really, but that "silly old bear" was the big one. And that he'd live on in CR's heart, but he would be apart eventually.

In saying that line, Kumagami was acknowledging that... This was always what he was meant to be. That he was meant to fade away, to be a memory.

The fact that it was more than a cute nickname... That they interpreted it so literally... Damn...

It's been hours since I've seen it and the rage subsided a bit.

I wish episode 13 was the entire anime. Just this random-ass one-eyed Japanese man going around the world, plundering abilities and helping out courageous lolis while slowing becoming mad. 

I wish Jun Maeda's never allowed to directly pen an anime ever again. Angel Beats and now this. I really want to feel for this show but all I can muster up is disappointment.

At least Nao looks cute up to the very end. 's all I have to say.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived