Witherwisps

Lunar Origins

Intending to post this to Duel Portal rather soon.

Matron Witherwisp Kaleido

[ WIND | | Level 6 ]

[ Zombie | | Synchro | | Effect ]

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner Zombie-type monsters
When this card is Special Summoned:  You can Special Summon 1 "Witherwisp" monster from your Graveyard.  Other "Witherwisp" monsters you control gain 500 ATK.  When this card is destroyed:  Target 1 card your opponent controls; Banish it.    You can only activate each effect of "Matron Witherwisp Kaleido" once per turn.  During the End Phase:  Destroy this card.

[ ATK: 0 / / DEF: 3000 ]

Witherwisp Okika

[ WIND | | Level 3 ]

[ Zombie | | Effect ]

Once per turn, if this card was Normal Summoned this turn:  You can Normal Summon 1 additional "Witherwisp" monster from your hand.  When this card is destroyed:  Add 1 "Witherwisp" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand during the End Phase of this turn.  You can only activate this effect of "Witherwisp Okika" once per turn.  During the End Phase:  Destroy this card.

[ ATK: 1500 / / DEF: 0 ]

Witherwisp Lorona

[ WIND | | Level 3 ]

[ Zombie | | Tuner ]

When this card is Normal Summoned:  You can target 1 monster you control;  Destroy it, then immediately Special Summon it from your Graveyard in face-up Defense position.  When this card is destroyed: You can target 1 card on the field; flip it face-down.  During the End Phase:  Destroy this card.

Witherwisp Chural

[ WIND | | Level 3 ]

[ Zombie | | Effect ]

You can target 1 Normal Summoned "Witherwisp" monster you control:  Destroy it, then Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.  When this card is destroyed:  You can Special Summon 1 "Witherwisp" monster from your Graveyard, except "Witherwisp Chural".  That monster cannot be destroyed by card effects until the next Standby Phase.  You can only activate each effect of "Witherwisp Chural" once per turn.  During the End Phase:  Destroy this card.

Witherwisp Ieie

[ WIND | | Level 3 ]

[ Zombie | | Tuner ]

When this card is Normal Summoned:  You can Special Summon 1 "Witherwisp" monster from your Deck in face-up Defense position, but it cannot be used as a material for a Summon.  When this card is destroyed:  Your opponent loses 500 Life Points and you gain 500 Life Points.  During the End Phase of the turn:  Destroy this card.  You can only activate each effect of "Witherwisp Ieie" once per turn.

Witherwisp Nita

[ WIND | | Level 3 ]

[ Zombie | | Tuner ]

When this card is Normal Summoned:  You can send "Witherwisp" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard equal to the number of "Witherwisp" monsters you control.  When this card is destroyed:  You can shuffle 3 "Witherwisp" cards in your Graveyard into the Deck.  During the End Phase:  Destroy this card.  You can only activate each effect of "Witherwisp Nita" once per turn.

Witherwisp Yard

[ Spell / Continuous ]

You can Normal Summon 1 additional "Witherwisp" monster per turn.  When this card is destroyed:  You can return up to 2 "Witherwisp" monsters from your Graveyard to your hand.

Stray Witherwisp

[ Spell ]

You can only activate this card during your Main Phase 2.  Add 1 "Witherwisp" card from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Stray Witherwisp".  If this card is destroyed:  Add 2 "Witherwisp" cards from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, except "Stray Witherwisp".

Witherwhisp's Cheerfulness

[ Spell / Continuous ]

Once per turn:  You can shuffle 1 "Witherwisp" monster from your Graveyard into your Deck; Your opponent loses 500 Life Points and you gain 500 Life Points.  If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Witherwisp" monster from your Deck.  It is not destroyed during the End Phase of this turn.

These don't look bad, but at the same time they could be better in my opinion.

In a way they are like Level3 Tellars since they have an Unuk (Ko Al) and a sort of Deneb-TGU (Au Ta), whose locked target can be replaced by Au Ra to enable Xyz Summons. At first I misread Aeiou as an Altair, but apparently what it does is Summoning a copy of itself when another "Witherwisp" is Summoned while this is on the field? That's kinda weird and awkward to play with, but with Ko Ai and Au Ta it shouldn't be difficult to set an Aeiou on the grave. And once you do, in theory you should be able to drop 2~3 Witherwisps a couple of turns.

So basically, the way I see it, the goal is to place an Aeiou and a Au Ra in grave as soon as possible and proceed to turn Au Tas and other Aeious into 1-card Rank3s.

But unlike what Tellars have going on, these don't have any "omni-Counter" like Stellarnova, the Rank3 pool is less versatile than the Rank4, and they don't have any sort of "boss" monster comparable to Delteros or Triverr.

On the other hand, Witherwisp Gathering and Joy look good and they got a searcher for them, which should give them an edge and allow them to make strong plays, while Waivering may be good for staying on the game a bit longer. Also they have this self-destruction gimmick that can be taken advantage from with Supply Squad and stuff. Finally, WIND/Zombie should give them access to certain support cards such as Book of Life, Mezuki, etc. etc.

I don't really get the purpose of Kaleido. You can Normal Summon it and other wisps outside of MP1, yes, but for what goal? It's not an extra Normal Summon, and it doesn't appear to trigger other cards by doing so.

A lot of this looks really interesting; and it's a new take on the Scrap Mechanic (benefits from destruction). Only thing that has me scratching my head is the method of floating; whether it should only be effect destruction, or only destruction by Witherwisp effects, or what. But, this kind of thing you learn from testing. Just a little tips from someone who has made a few combo decks for DP:

- Be careful with 1-card plays (summons from deck/grave). These effects can be very potent, and shift advantage dangerously.

- Be careful with searching/plussing effects. These can create some explosive advantage and plays. Mechanicas used to be horrendously busted, and they didn't even look that broken.

And finally, Witherwisp Yard needs a bit of attention. Recycling 2 off of its destruction is a +1, and +0 if you use your own effect to destroy it (MST, etc. I didn't see any Witherwisp that lets you destroy any card you control). The recycling effect would be fine if dropped to adding 1 to your hand; and it would be safer to add a "You can only gain this effect once per turn" for the additional Normal Summons; or even that you can only control 1 face-up Yard. We'll know for sure if this ends up being an issue in-practice through testing, though, so it's not like it's an obviously overpowered card.

But yeah, some very neat mechanics in this archetype that will be very interesting to see in play. We'll know for-sure in practice if any of the cards end up being suspect. I know personally it can be dangerous working with even +1 effects, but we'll know for sure in-practice. Overall, great work!

In all of the testing that I've done, Witherwisp Yard hasn't once been triggered on its second effect because people just love to ignore it.  The only way I'd be able to trigger it at all was if I MSTed it, which I've done before, but that leaves me with a slow hand as now I don't have a Yard in play.

They were meant to be supported by Zombies and ran alongside Zombie Master and Mezuki.  Their main deck looks like this:

Monsters: 19
3 Witherwisp Lorona
3 Witherwisp Nita
2 Mezuki
2 Witherwisp Chural
2 Witherwisp Ieie
2 Witherwisp Okika
2 Zombie Master
2 Queen Wisp
1 Genex Ally Birdman

Spells: 19
3 Book of Life
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Stray Witherwisp
3 Supply Squad
2 Revival Cyclone
2 Witherwisp Yard
2 Witherwisp's Cheerfulness
1 Dark Hole

Traps: 2
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra:
1 Soul Taker from The Underworld
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Totem Bird
2 Matron Witherwisp Kaleido
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Orient Dragon
1 Subarashi, the Tamed Griffin
1 Lightning of the Violet Sky
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Mist Wurm
1 Drascension the Supreme Sky Dragon
1 Leo, Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Matron Kaleido's Special Summoning effect should really specify "You can Special Summon 1 "Witherwisp" monster from your Graveyard, except "Matron Witherwisp Kaleido". Right now, it can open up some very questionable loops with its existing wording.

Also, I would suggest maybe moving the typing over to something else. Besides Mezuki and Zombie Master; cards like Unizombie and Beast of the Pharaoh (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Beast_of_the_Pharaoh) actually open up some very, very powerful plays and even a few loops. Right now, there's a lot of very powerful generic zombie support that really puts this deck in a tight space; so I would maybe consider changing the type to avoid some potentially very broken combos. 

What card are Queen Wisp and Revival Cyclone?

After looking on DP

[spoiler Queen Wisp]

4/DARK/Zombie

1500/2000

FLIP: You can send 1 Zombie-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.  When this card is destroyed:  You can add 1 Zombie-type monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

[spoiler Revival Cyclone]

Spell Card

Only 1 "Revival Cyclone" can be activated per turn. Special Summon 1 WIND monster with 1500 ATK or less from your graveyard.
At the start of the Battle Phase if you control less monsters than your opponent: you can activate this card from your hand (this is a Quick-Effect).

Also I'm going to agree with the type changing or having something to kill the interaction with Beast of the Pharoh. In particular, my biggest concern is:

1. NS Beast, Yard NS a Wisp Tuner, get an effect

2. Make Kaleido, Kaleido revive your Tuner, Beast revive itself

3. Repeat Step 2 twice more, then make Vulcan

4. Beast SS itself, Vulcan bounce Beast and you bounce a card.

5. Make Double M7, each recycling a Kaleido you detach in preparing to do the same combo again next turn.

I don't think many Decks on DP can keep up with this kind of advantage, and thus I think either the typing should change or some prevention of the said interaction should occur. I will leave it to you to decide that.

Archived