Kozaky's Brainwash Machine

MasterDragon35

What kind of deck would be playing Horakhty? How would you even know they were playing Horakhty? And I bet they wouldn't be playing it at 3 copies, so what are the chances you'd even get it?

So yeah, that's a pretty extreme example, but I guess ignoring summoning conditions might be a bit OP against decks playing powerful boss monsters, like Assault Mode or Chaos. 

And what should the excavated number be, 5 or 8? Or maybe something in between, cuz 8 may be too high.

This is a controversial effect for sure, but I think it can be fixed. It already costs a discard and if the equip card is removed the opponent just got a free search on its own monster; what I mean is that this is heavily punishable by MST and backrow removal. Horakhty and win conditions aside, wouldn't the strongest things you could summon are high-level maindeck bosses/beaters? So, I think a way for balancing this card is to Summon Level 4 or lower monsters.

IMHO just removing the "Ignoring its summoning conditions" would be enough. After all, most of the strongest maindeck monsters are Nomi anyway, so the best you can get with this card is usually just a beatstick. The really powerful stuff is usually in the extra deck. And the Level 4 or lower monsters usually work as an engine or work with the deck (meaning that if you steal one you won't be able to use it).

Snatch Steal from the opponent's DECK?

Yeah, just no.

Snatch Steal was banned for stealing face-up stuff on the field; this one can directly go into the opponent's Deck and steal whatever you please.

----

Yeah, this requires a discard, but that doesn't make it any less bad of a design.

There is a world of difference between taking something the opponent invested in for free and taking something your opponent hasnt used at all for a cost AND the chance that it goes to the enemy hand.

It's not even comparable to snatch steal. At all.

There is a world of difference between taking something the opponent invested in for free and taking something your opponent hasnt used at all for a cost AND the chance that it goes to the enemy hand.

It's not even comparable to snatch steal. At all.

Also, this.

It's not fair to compare this to Snatch Steal. A better comparaison would be Autonomous Action Unit, which is pretty much a Premature Burial from your opponent's graveyard.

Archived