Yu-Gi-Oh! The Bound Hearts/OOC/(No longer Accepting)/

Ghoulish

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as long as vast majority is original cards itll be accepted.

On second thought, I have a Pendulum archetype that I've been working on for Duel Portal that has been on a back burner for a while, but I think might be original enough for you.

Have you heard of the Bermuda Triangle clan from Cardfight! Vanguard?

Okay, so, here's my app:

[spoiler=Roxanne " Blazin" Roxy" Fujiwara]General Biography:

Account Name: Timeskipper

Character Name: Roxanne Fujiwara

Character Age: 24

Character Personality:  Known to her fans for her over-the-top bombastic style, she's just as boisterous on the track as she is outside of it. Opponents to her are just a nice decoration for her one-woman show, and this goes for duels as well as discussions. She's called Blazin' Roxy for that exact reason: her blaze, and her thunder, drown out everything in her surroundings when she actually gets going: it's partly her stage persona which has rubbed off on her, and partly just who she's always been.

Her confidence isn't just reserved for the track. In fact, she is both loved and hated among her fellow amateur stars because of her bluntness and disdain for politeness. On one hand, she comes off as standoffish and abrasive to her peers, but on the other, once someone gets to know her enough, they realize that she's just very uncomfortable with etiquette, and she's actually a very amiable and easygoing person as long as her interlocutor is direct and honest. She's perfectly aware that she's not the only person in the room, and values her friends and family greatly, even though this doesn't always appear evident to outsiders.

Coupled with her tendency to brutal honesty comes a rebellious attitude and a certain mistrust of authority that is likely the product of growing up in the suburbs, though she has been trying to tone it down lately, to come across as less off-putting to others.

She takes great pride in her capabilities not just a duelist, but first and foremost as an athlete, which is something she feels has always set her apart, whether she wanted it or not, from other aspiring pro duelists.

Character Appearance: Roxy has the athletic build one would expect from a passionate skater, and is quite imposing, standing at 1,87 mt tall. On the track, she wears a red padded suit that covers all of her body, sporting two plastic epaulettes and a black-and-yellow lightning bolt painted on her chest. Her face is usually covered by a red helmet, that still lets her flowing golden hair through in a ponytail. When she's outside of the track, she usually dresses casually, usually with a tracksuit. She does look quite rugged for a woman, clearly the result of her tough attitude and her living in a poor neighborhood, but she's still quite attractive, despite this, or perhaps because of this ruggedness.

Family: Kuroko Fujiwara (mother), Henri Grosz (father)

Quirks: Restless, doesn't stand inaction well and tends to jog on the spot or walk around aimlessly.

Attributes/Weaknesses: Strenghts: great skill with a hoverboard and good multitasking capabilities, athletic and fit, as well as quick-thinking. Weaknesses: Headstrong, not particularly knowledgeable thanks to her not being a great student in school, and bad at planning.

Background Biography

Character Origin: Born and raised in the suburbs of a Japanese metropolis, currently living in a more central apartment.

History: (Detailed information about what made your character the way they are today. How did they get into dueling? What events shaped them to be the person they are today?) (Minimum 4 lines)

Duelist Biography

Duelist History: Has been dueling since she was twelve, but only officially entered ranked duels at the age of twenty, and spent the subsequent four years competing to qualify as a pro duelist.

Duelist Record: 89W/3L/48D

Duelist Title: "Blazin' Roxy"

Deck Name: Batteryman Synchro

Deck Strategy: Synchro/Nomi Swarm

Deck: 

It's WIP, meaning that I'll fill out the rest tomorrow.

IMPORTANT: Everyone i will be adding an additional rule to the Original Post in this thread later. The rule will state:

"If you donot post within a 3 day period (and have left no indication as to whether or not you will post again (delays will be accepted if requested)) then you give the RP Host to control your character, NOTE: This may involve killing them off.

RP Host permission*

Account Name: VCR_CAT
Character Name: Adeen Williams
Character Age: 18
Character Personality: Rambunctious, aggressive, short-tempered, usually disrespectful in some way, and definitely fired up. All of these phrases describe Adeen accurately. Adeen is a reckless individual who hates taking orders from anyone and considers herself both very strong and very independent (to the point that she hates to accept help from others). Adeen isn't a bully or anything; she may be tough and aggressive, but her morals are on the right side, and even if she wants to win more than anything, she still knows the value of protecting other people. A hot-head through and through, Adeen still knows how to stay on a person's good side.
Character Appearance:

FnAHzZs.jpg?1

Family:

- Father KIA in service.

- Mother staying at home and looking after Adeen's younger siblings

- Like... 5 younger brothers who are practically identical in personality.
Quirks:

- What's "Thinking things through"?

- Absolutely hates being called short (is fairly short; all her brothers are taller than her)
Attributes/Weaknesses:

Attributes:

- Despite her hot-head and rash thinking, her physical ability (and dueling ability) are both strong enough that brute-forcing matters is still typically successful.

- Doesn't snap under pressure normally

- Doesn't back down from any challenge...

Weakness:

- ...Which can typically be a bad thing.
- A very short temper that's easily exploitable

- Seriously does not think a lot of things through enough.
Background Biography

Character Origin: Currently lives with her family + 5 brothers. Does not spend much time with her brothers.
History: Adeen has always taken after her father more than her mother. Adeen's father was an ex-pro duelist and spent many years through the pro circuit. Michael Williams was renowned for his many awards, and helped shape his daughter to be tough and strong in many circumstances. Unfortunately, Adeen was not totally successful at this. Throughout normal school and duel school, Adeen was often picked on for her both her skill and because of her ease of being riled up. Adeen wanted more than anything to be strong like her father, and worked as hard as she could to achieve this. Unfortunately, instead of dealing with the emotional issues that come from the bullying, Adeen spent more time trying to become a better duelist.

Adeen's large family didn't necessarily help with the matters. With so many brothers, Adeen was more or less a drop in the bucket. Adeen found herself isolated from her five brothers, and was often the torment of them as well. Her parents tried to help, but the worse matters got, the more Adeen pushed them away.

Then, the time came where Michael Williams was called into service in the military. Adeen's father left her his deck, and told her that no matter how bad things got, she would pull through and become the strong and courageous woman that he always knew she would become. A year later, Adeen's family got word that their father and husband had been killed in action from a roadside bomb. Shrapnel had pierced the vehicle he was in. From here on, Adeen knew that she was alone and had to be strong.

From then on, Adeen has been looking after her brothers and working towards becoming the pro duelist that her father was; to respect his memory and live up to his dreams.

Duelist Biography

Duelist History: Grew up dueling with her father and eventually her brothers. Uses her father's deck as he's out at war. Has been in the amateur circuit for quite some time.
Duelist Record: 127 wins and 57 losses
Duelist Title: The Steamroller
Deck Name: Elite Machine Platoon
Deck Strategy: The E.M.P. archetype is a rather old one and hasn't seen a reprint in quite some time. E.M.P. cards focus on one thing: Battling monsters and beating them down hard. Many of the monsters have effect-negation effects on battle, and often have stat boosting effects as well. Most trigger additional effects on battle destruction. But here's the catch: None of them can attack directly. Adeen uses these cards to put pressure on the opponent immediately with strong fields, and overcoming large obstacles.
Deck: 
[spoiler=Signature Cards]

pOGUsAa.png

This card cannot attack your opponent directly. If this card attacks an opponent's monster, you can pay 500 LP: Negate that monster's effects until the end of the Damage Step, and if you do, this card is changed to face-up Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can increase the ATK and DEF of all face-up Level 4 or lower "E.M.P." monsters you control by 200. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or by card effect): You take 1000 damage.

ePnp2Jp.png

This card cannot attack your opponent directly. If this card attacks an opponent's monster, you can pay 500 LP: Negate that monster's effects until the end of the Damage Step, and if you do, this card is changed to face-up Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 "E.M.P." monster from your hand in face-up Attack Position, but it cannot attack this turn. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or by card effect): You take 1000 damage.

2FMlomu.png

This card cannot attack your opponent directly. If this card attacks an opponent's monster, you can pay 500 LP: Negate that monster's effects until the end of the Damage Step, and if you do, this card is changed to face-up Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can add 1 "E.M.P." monster from your deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "E.M.P. Linear-Lancer" once per turn. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or by card effect): You take 1000 damage.

[spoiler=Ace Card]

1jT6iU2.png

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by destroying 2 face-up Level 4 "E.M.P." monsters you control. You can only Special Summon 1 "Hyper E.M.P. Assault Samurai" this way per turn. This card cannot attack your opponent directly. If this card attacks an opponent's monster, you can pay 500 LP: Negate that monster's effects until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn, you can pay LP in multiples of 500 (max. 1500): This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for every 500 LP paid. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or by card effect): You take 2000 damage.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w2y-eqdCFo

VCR CAT accepted, just waiting on Timeskipper and FinalDan to finish their apps and we can start the RP. ATM its 10am where I am so by the end of the day the Apps need to be completed as I work 9am-7pm tomorrow and will have very little time to post so would much prefer to post it today. Also FinalDan which character was gonna be your main one?

tinkerer added you to the accepted list. Not sure how I feel about the whole 4 Spell/Trap Monster Zone thing but up to you I guess.

Eh, again, it's just a personal challenge I guess. Why, is there something wrong?

Also, you said we can use some real spells/traps, right? I dunno if this was said already, but are we holding them to some kind of banlist?

so can i join or is this over for participation ?

I will just post and rest is up to you , i would have posted sooner , but i became member on 30th so i guess i was a bit late :)

Account Name : Aman Indra

character name : Blaze Michael

character age :21 years

Character Personality : Blaze is hot-headed , easily angered , rude and often overconfident but stands for what he believes in and is always ready to help the needy , Blaze is often seen with his game face on for the most part which is just a shell to hide his past guilt and his struggle . He has seen both sides of the dueling profession and now he fights and duels for his friend Adrian , whose spark now burns with him. Adrian died of a terminal disease and passed his passion of dueling to Blaze

Character Apperance

cJDtVWv.jpg

Family : Henry Michael , his father was a former pro duelist who suddenly lost his popularity and succumbed to depression and eventually led to his downfall and his memory was erased from the world of dueling.

Rose Michael , his mother is a well known fashion designer who is now a house-wife taking care of Blaze's (sister)

Quirks:

He often plays with the opponent , giving tough remarks and gets pissed if opponent does that with him.

"For Adrian" , is what he says when he is about to win the duel.

Attributes/Weaknesses:

Attributes :

He is extremely helpful and respects those who respect him .

He is extremely passionate towards dueling and will take measures against something wrong.

Weaknesses :

quite hot-headed , often looses control over the duel .

Remembering his friend and father often puts him under depression.

Background Biography

Character Origin: Currently living with family mostly spending time with his sister and mom , who he deeply cares about.

History: Blaze had a rough childhood , seeing his father undergo depression and downfall and the deals her mother made to give him a luxurious life made him despise dueling . His friend Adrian was a duel fanatic who re-ignited his passion , which sadly came at the time of his death . The last words he said to Blaze was "become the best ever duelist" . This made Blaze fight and duel with extreme and burning passion.

Duelist Biography

Duelist History : Dueling some top guys from all over the circuit to strengthen himself up and has been in the circuit for a while , would be noticed by the top guys by now if it wasn't for his odd habits and depression issues.

Duelist Record: 76 wins - 24 losses

Duelist Title: Imperial Blaze

Deck Name: Titans

Deck Strategy: Titans are group of level 8 monsters requiring them to be special summoned by tributing monsters of the same type.

with some protection and random attack boosts to quickly overpower the opponent . Some cards help with the tribute requirement's and the spell/trap cards give them attack boost and more protection. The common theme to all of them is any monster they battle becomes banished instead of going to the graveyard.

Deck:

Pyros , the Flame Titan

http://i.imgur.com/cBrU8fd.jpg

Aquarius the water titan

http://i.imgur.com/mqOS6mK.jpg

Messenger of the Gods

http://i.imgur.com/c9bJ6nD.jpg

ACE : Titan of Destruction , Ariel 

http://i.imgur.com/p5OWAox.jpg

Archived