The Wicked Avatar

OPgaBcB.png?1

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set except by Tributing 3 monsters. Your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards until the end of their 2nd turn after this card is Normal Summoned. The ATK and DEF of this card are each 100 points higher than the highest face-up monster's ATK on the field (except "The Wicked Avatar").

This is a one sided cold wave that cannot be beaten over. Does not activate so no veiler.

Why in god sacred f*** was it not used in Ruler format, would have won the Book Match up so damn easily. Summon Dracosac no books. 

No Rejuv or Sarc or Swords either. 2013 is a while ago, but what am I missing?

Question: Does the Spell/Trap lock keep going if this leaves the field?
Other than that, I can see how a non-searchable 3 Tribute monster like this is actually susceptible to removal through Dracossack or control from Big Eye, while Obelisk wasn't. I think that's the deciding factor at the end of the day and Dragon Rulers were mostly Effect Monster-based.

Also, from the way I understand Effect Veiler: It negates the effects, period. I don't recall it needing something to activate to function not does it specifically say monsters cannot activate. At least that's what I infer from this version: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Effect_Veiler

So I'm confused by the "so no Veiler" comment.

1) lingering effect

Oh I see. All these years I thought it was a continuous effect. 

Evilswarm Golem... errr... I don't see a particular edge there. I guess it wouldn't be terrible on itself, just I can see why the other choices are usually preferred over Avatar.

Oh I see. All these years I thought it was a continuous effect. 

Evilswarm Golem... errr... I don't see a particular edge there. I guess it wouldn't be terrible on itself, just I can see why the other choices are usually preferred over Avatar.

I really can't! There's two limited outs to it. Spellbooks cannot last two turns with no s/t

people stopped playing LADD pretty soon because people just Breakthrough Skilled it and took it with Big Eye. The main problem with this is that it was just barely needed - realistically Rulers would be beating books anyway as long as they didn't summon Jowgen, so it made more sense to play Droll & Lock Bird and stuff so they couldn't even get the chance to summon the Jowgen.

Archived