[V-Jump 10/15] Gaia the Soaring Dragon Champion

Xmr3cPm.jpg?zoom=1.5&w=605

Tenshou no Ryuukishi Gaia / Gaia the Soaring Dragon Champion
Wind Dragon / Fusion / Effect
LV7 2600/2100
1 “Gaia The Fierce Knight” monster + 1 Dragon-Type monster
(1) This card’s name becomes “Gaia the Dragon Champion” while in the Monster Zone.
(2) If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 “Spiral Spear Strike” from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
(3) When this card targets a monster for an attack: You can change that monster’s battle position.

Well this is certainly something interesting.

I mean, Spiral Spear isn't that amazing, and This card is pretty silly by itself, but I love how This card can grab Spiral, to which, it puts a draw engine on the board for you and is ready to net draws off of it.

So I like that.

So, a retrain for Gaia the Dragon Champion. It's nice but still looks awkward to play. Even with Dragon's Mirror support you have to get a Gaia in grave first; getting a Dragon on the grave shouldn't be as complicated. Then again, Gaias be searched by the BLS/Gaia Field Spell. Thankfully it can pick Spear Strike from the grave as well, so there shouldn't be much need to main more than 1. I suppose that Galloping/LIGHT Gaia would be the best option to splash, since it doesn't need any condition to be Normal Summoned and has the opportunity of searching for BLS. On the other hand... DARK/Awakened Gaia can be milled by Armageddon Knight for Dragon's Mirror plays.

That aside, I'm wondering if the dragon it's riding appears in another artwork and/or has a name.

So, a retrain for Gaia the Dragon Champion. It's nice but still looks awkward to play. Even with Dragon's Mirror support you have to get a Gaia in grave first; getting a Dragon on the grave shouldn't be as complicated. Then again, Gaias be searched by the BLS/Gaia Field Spell. Thankfully it can pick Spear Strike from the grave as well, so there shouldn't be much need to main more than 1. I suppose that Galloping/LIGHT Gaia would be the best option to splash, since it doesn't need any condition to be Normal Summoned and has the opportunity of searching for BLS. On the other hand... DARK/Awakened Gaia can be milled by Armageddon Knight for Dragon's Mirror plays.

That aside, I'm wondering if the dragon it's riding appears in another artwork and/or has a name.

Awakened Curse of Dragon? Looks like it ate the Mera Mera no Mi

Archived