Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

8GrkkS0.png

Ari took a deep breath as he listened to Mac speak about her parents. Her life was...surprisingly normal for such a strong personality.

It was at that moment that Melody came into view. "Hey, heeeey, what's going on?"

The lion cub winced at the sight of her. She had trusted them to watch over the twins, and...they had failed. He buried his head into Kazo's shirt again. He did not want to face her right now. Or the old Politoed, for that matter.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Kazo asked Latias softly. He looked over at Ari, before moving him off of his lap. "Sorry, buddy, but we're going to have to deal with this storm. Then we'll get ya to a bed, okay?" He said as he rubbed Ari's head before standing up.

Ari let out a quiet whine before stifling it. He wasn't a baby, he could handle a little distance. "Okay," he sniffed.

--

qZU0awZ.png

Lugia began to speak as he digested their words. He seemed surprised at the turn of events that had shaken Adarid, but it was no surprise. He had been sleeping for so long.

"You have strength. Entei and Kyurem; both were defeated by you. We will fight some time so I may test your worth. For now, all of our strength must be saved for what is to come."

Easter nodded, expression brightening, before sobering at the thought. It seemed there was more going on than even he had suspected. Godslayer...that term...for some reason, it excited him. The act of slaying a god, of overcoming the best and absolutely destroying it. It sounded exhilarating.

But he wouldn't think about that too much, especially not with a psychic type around. Besides, he did not hold a grudge against the gods in general, though he did think them a bit too sure of their place in the world. Maybe this would be good for them. After all, Thundurus, in his arrogance, had leveled Deku and in doing so killed Sam.

Still...he could not help but remember a grateful Kirlia, her large eyes captivating as she sang a haunting melody. Not to mention...

No, perhaps not all of them were bad, but he could certainly understand why there would be those who would want to slay them. Especially if upstarts like that Froslass were among them. He clenched his fists. But she was dead, and she would remain so.

"There is no malice in most of you. And the malice in the Sylveon is not towards us. I will let you pass. But know this. Nowhere is completely safe. Mioter has been spared much of this, in part due to my barriers, but there is always potential for corruption. Continue if you wish but know there will be a day when we may all have to put our lives on the line. And I fear that day is fast approaching."

Easter jerked in surprise. He had gotten lost in his thoughts again. But he was glad they would be allowed to approach Mioter. He was...quite curious about the place, if he were to be honest. One of the few cities in Adarid that he hadn't been able to visit.

But Lugia's other words were troubling...and exciting. If there were to be a great battle in the future, he would not miss it for the world. Who his foes would be, however, was still a mystery.

"I made a promise. Not to fight to the death again. Will I break that promise? Could I even bring myself to do it? Ah...I have lived for so long; I have almost begun to seek advice from children." He gave a dry chuckle. "Remember, everyone, the choice is always yours. Fate exists only if you will it."

No one else spoke, so Easter decided to say his piece. "Promises are made to be broken," he said with a bitter smile. He had promised to protect the little one...and he had failed. It wasn't as if he had told anybody about that promise. Nobody blamed him. They all blamed themselves, but he knew he had promised. And that was enough. "And fate...if there is such a thing as fate, then I will smash it," he declared. "We are the bearers of our own futures." How could he think any different, the way his life had gone? He had been born in a stifled household, been told he would take up the torch of previous generations, but instead he had chosen his own path. It hadn't been fate that had made him decide to go a different direction. No, it was himself.

--

L4AHmu4.png

BGM

First Floor

Second Floor

The Eeveelution Manor. The formal name for one of the numerous mansions in the city of Northshore. Though there are other Eeveelutions who own manors in the city, none are quite so...puritan as this one. The master and mistress are known for their conservative viewpoints on many issues, and they have earned a reputation as one of the most respectable households in Northshore, if not Adarid itself. Many years back, there was a scandal of sorts, but the incident has since been hushed up. Their child Morgan is known for being quite unlike her parents in her energetic, vivacious ways, lovingly nicknamed the "Hard Work Mulan" or the "Tomboy Princess" by the citizens of Northshore.

Keanu snickered as he watched Randy's reaction, and the vein that popped out of his forehead head. Priceless.

"Keanu...you're lucky we're in an expensive lookin' bathroom. Otherwise I probably would've supplexed your tail into that tub." he growled lowly, already putting his clothes off to the side and stepping into the tub, only to gently smack the back of Keanu's head with his left hand. "Oops...my hand must've slipped." he chuckled. "To be fair...you deserved that."

The Pikachu winced slightly at the blow. "Sheesh, you're as strong as you look, big guy," he muttered, rubbing his head, before grinning. "But yeah, I did deserve that." He enjoyed the rest of the bath, though he did miss his saltwater ones.

Leaving the bathroom smelling like a field of flowers, Keanu's eyes widened when their Eevee host appeared out of seemingly nowhere, Marie looking half-dragged behind her. Then she started to speak at an impossibly fast pace, causing the Pikachu to go "whoa there."

The Incineroar beside him looked just as surprised. "If you don't mind Morgan...the dining room might be the best option. I mean, we haven't had a decent meal in a while. Only the leftover rations from the boat and some roasted shark."

Marie nodded in agreement, "yeah. Oh, Morgan, have you ever had shark before? It's a lot better than you'd think." There was a slight pause before she said, "it's still not great, but it's better than you'd think."

"Ohhh of course! Silly me, how could I forget? Of course you'd be hungry, heheh," the Eevee blushed before straightening with a little bounce. "I'll make sure the cook whips you up something great! I'd do it, but uhh, I'm not that good at it," the blush deepened at that. "Anyway, lemme show you the way!" she cheered as she led the group downstairs, dismissing Preston and Danielle as she did so. They entered back through the door they came in, walking down the stairs and entering the south door that they had passed by before.

"And here we are!" Morgan shouted as she opened the door. "I'll go tell the cooks to prepare you some food! One second!" she rushed off before the trio could blink, and was back before they could say more than a few sentences, leading them to the chairs around the table. "They said the food will be ready soon! So in the meantime, uhhh, oh yeah! Let's learn more about each other! Or play a game! Or play a game about learning about each other! I'll go first! Uhhh, never have I ever...not eaten shark! It's not something we usually eat, but I've had shark fin soup a couple times and it was pretty good. You next!" she looked at Keanu.

"Uhhh, never have I ever...taken a bath with rose petals...until now," Keanu deadpanned over Morgan's cry of "that's not how you play it!" He turned to Randy. "You next," sending him a challenging look as he did so. Let's see what Tony the Tiger will come up with here.

By the time everybody had played a few rounds the food came out. "Sorry it's so simple," the Eevee had apologized. "It was the best the cook could whip up in such short notice."

"Looks planny big to me," Keanu said, eyes wide. It was a full course meal of the kind the Pikachu had only seen at great feasts in Alola. There were two large tubs of salads, one piled with berries of all kind, including his favorite Pinap berries. Another was a more standard kind, with Tamato berries, cheese, and a vinaigrette-based dressing. There were a couple soups, such as a thick Ginema berry soup that gave off quite the pungent aroma, and a thinner, vegetable soup, both in large silver tureens.

Afterward there was a large fish that Keanu recognized as mahi-mahi, grilled blackened and marinated in a Nomel berry sauce. "One of the local fishermen landed it just this morning," Morgan explained. "I thought it'd be perfect since I've been told it prefers warmer water, so you guys might have eaten it before!" Next was what Morgan called a chicken lyonnaise, château Topo berries, and lastly, Nanab berry crepes drizzled with chocolate, a product of Occa berries.

Keanu hadn't expected there to be more food after the fish, not to mention those dishes were a bit...rich for him, being mostly vegetarian. He did have a few bites of his crepe though. That wasn't bad. He noticed Morgan glancing at it longingly before he shoved his plate to her, but she refused with a firm shake of her head. "No...I can't," she said, looking down. "I'll get cavities."

After he had eaten his fill, the Pikachu sat back and said. "Well, that hit the spot. I'm ready to go to bed now."

"Whaaat?! But I've still got so many more places to show you!" Morgan cried out in dismay.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Ohhh of course! Silly me, how could I forget? Of course you'd be hungry, heheh. I'll make sure the cook whips you up something great! I'd do it, but uhh, I'm not that good at it. Anyway, lemme show you the way!"

Now this was what Randy was talkin' about! Finally he'd be able to eat a decent meal. Sure, the rations they had on the ship wasn't bad, and the seared shark wasn't bad either, but it was stuff that was used and eaten on the spot. This however...this would be a pretty amazing meal. After all, they were in a rich mansion...so it HAD to be good.

Soon after arriving in the dining room, they were ushered into their seats by the excited Eevee. Randy was pretty curious on why she was so excited to begin with. Then again, given the circumstances, he figured it was cause they were the first friends she had over...well...friends being a loose term right now. Regardless, the Incineroar was snapped back to reality when he heard Morgan speak once more.

"So in the meantime, uhhh, oh yeah! Let's learn more about each other! Or play a game! Or play a game about learning about each other! I'll go first! Uhhh, never have I ever...not eaten shark! It's not something we usually eat, but I've had shark fin soup a couple times and it was pretty good. You next!"

"Uhhh, never have I ever...taken a bath with rose petals...until now."

"That's not how you play it!"

"You next."

Randy looked at Keanu, rolling his eyes a bit. He knew the Pikachu was setting him up to fail, most likely, but he wasn't having it. "Jeez Keanu. Can't even play the game right?" he chuckled, before crossing his arms a bit. He thought long and hard, before smirking and sitting upright in his chair. "Alright then. Never have I ever gone toe to toe with a Greninja." Randy smirked and shook his head. "I mean seriously! I hear those suckers are quick and even much more fluid in their attacks than some!"

He glanced at Keanu and moved slightly, before whispering. "And that's how you play the game."

With a snicker, he let the others take their turn, only to stop when this full course meal arrived before them. Randy almost felt himself salivating over how delicious this all looked. Never before had he seen a spread like this, barring the great feasts on Alola, heck even the wrestling federation didn't give out such an amazing spread of food for those in it...well, they probably did if you were of the top tier.

But thinking about that stuff would have to wait. For now, Randy was already in the process of stuffing his face. "Oh sweet Arceus...this is delicious!!" he smiled, enjoying every bite of this spread. He finished every part of the course and when it came to the crepes, he was noticing that Keanu wasn't finishing all of his and even tried to offer them to Morgan.

"No...I can't. I'll get cavities."

"I'll take it off your hands if you need, Keanu." Randy chuckled, moving slightly to take the crepes from Keanu and eat them. "Honestly, I kind of need to eat. After the time we've had on that boat...heh, I need to get my strength back up."

"My my, are you saying that I am in a disadvantage? Quite a disadvantage this is, indeed indeed. Wonderful!"

Tianzi murmured to himself, carefully analyzing the situation as he taunted the Sneasels to continue attacking him. The Sneasels' typing gave them twofold advantage to him, although they seemed to be quite weak in general for it to not be immediately life-threatening. Of course, being dogpiled would be bad. Two Sneasels approached him and disappeared, and rather than risking to take the attack, Tianzi chose to Teleport himself to a nearby position, so that he could strike at the back of the neck of one of those Sneasels that had finished using Faint Attack using Sucker Punch. However, teleporting to that position made him got hit with Icy Wind from two other Sneasels, and he could feel himself starting to slow down and his body starting to feel numb from the chill. As long as he could use Sucker Punch and Teleport, that hopefully wouldn't be an issue. Using his second Teleport of the day, Tianzi moved himself towards the two that attacked him, and using Sucker Punch, he attacked one of them at their vitals. The really rapid and barely readable punch was followed with a strong grabbing movement, clawing, and then some crunching motion as Tianzi attempted to attack the Sneasel's vitals as if he's popping a water balloon.

Kicking the Sneasel once he felt he did enough, Tianzi prepared himself for the rest of them attacking him. Since the poor, weak him was in quite a disadvantage, it'd be fine if he just stop any notion of being decent and relish in their suffering. Too bad his knife wasn't really in a reachable spot, otherwise Tianzi would already go stab-happy at these ruffians.

"Come on, all of you. I maybe can't read your future, but I sure can destroy it with my two hands. I could continue giving a showcase if you so desired."

Adarid Team Karaoke

"W-what?! No! That's not what I-" Lok took a deep breath, pinching his brow in frustration. Was she doing this on purpose, or is this how she actually was. As much as he would of liked to just call her out on this, something continuously nagged at him. The possibility that she wasn't trying to manipulate him and this is how she is was still an all too real possibility. "Why me..." He muttered, walking away from the girl. He turned to the arena doors and, for a moment, thought about running in to get away from this. He shook his head, regretting sending Clotilde off. He turned to Fiona. "Can you please just tell me why you chose me?" He spoke a little louder than he had intended. "Or can you at least tell me what happened between you and Alleria."

Icecrown Team Showdown

Scarlet turned to look at the Sneasel that was now clinging onto her hip, scratching at the metal-like skin. "Hey! Hand's off!" She yelled at it, raising her shining fist, before dropping it right onto the attacker's forehead. The cracking sound of bone echoed on the base of the mountain as the Sneasel fell limp onto the snow. She let out a sigh of relief before turning to the sudden howling of wind. She barely managed to dash out of the range of the blizzard attack, almost falling on her back as she dodged. Scarlet turned to Isole. "A warning would be nice next time." She spoke dryly, standing up properly. "Not bad, though."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Taiga was fairly pleased with herself that her improvised attack had proven to be so effective.  Although, she couldn't help but walk up to her unconscious foe, to see if the thing was still breathing.  It didn't matter to her, but if it wasn't she could have a hefty snack after the fight was over.  Caught up in thought, with drool hanging out of her mouth, she started to get hit with a ferocious blast of ice.  Was one of the sneasel attacking her?!  She looked back, only to see her other teammates handling business with their own opponents.  Confused, she looked to the only other Ice-Type in the vicinity.  Isole had launched a Blizzard attack at the beheads of her own team.  The drool dangling from Taiga's maw had now frozen, and her skin was starting to freeze over as well.  As swiftly as she could, with the howling wind blasting down on her, Taiga escaped the attack, suffering only minuscule damage.  However, she went behind Isole, and clocked her on top of the head, using only a bit of her own strength.  

"What...are...you...doing..."  She said, her teeth chattering in between each word.  Looking back to the battlefield, she could see the others still struggling to fend off their own sneasels.  Ignoring Isole for the moment, Taiga shouted towards them both.  "Hurry up you two!  Especially you, Red!  You should've been done with these scraps ages ago!  Fufufufu!"

jOzNrUn.png

Poké: 290

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries), Left Hand (broken)

"Hmph, that all? So boring... Don't get in my way with that attitude or I'll cut you down, hear me? Still not happy that you cheated in our duel..."

"Then what amazing reason are you here for?" Kah retorted. "Just that eager to fight passers-by and Legends alike?"

rSmNb2O.png

Location: On a boat bound for Mioter (Team Neo Not Dark, Day 24)

Poké: 800

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x3

"Thundurus, Meloetta, Xerneas...even Kyurem, a name I have not heard in...many years. As I rested so many have been attacked. Is Ho-Oh... For non-Chasers you have met many of my kind. And yet the only one...most of you fought was Kyurem..."

Lugia then glanced at Easter, and said something. Then Brooke, and then Denku. Then at Fawkes. the Zorua gulped. Did I say something wrong? Lugia didn't seem to want to fight, yet. So that was good. Between Thundurus, Deoxys... wait, did he skip Deoxys? Fawkes wasn't about to correct a Legend though. If they were all as short-tempered as Thundurus and Kyurem had been, Fawkes didn't want to be the person to set one off. Either way, between Thundurus, Deoxys, and Kyurem, Fawkes wasn't really up to seeing another Legend in a fight probably for the rest of her life. Instead of anything even remotely hostile though, Lugia gave her what sounded like advice.

"Bravery is something that comes in the moment. You would do well to remember that."

In the moment, huh? The Zorua took a bit to let it sink in. Then she nodded, and responded "Understood. I'll try to keep that in mind." Lugia then went on to explain that nowhere was truly safe. Fawkes didn't like the sound of that. However, Lugia was letting them pass problem-free. That was good. Fawkes didn't want any trouble, and it seemed the group wasn't going to have any. Lugia then finished it up with a comment about fate, which Easter was the first to respond to.

"Remember, everyone, the choice is always yours. Fate exists only if you will it."

"And fate...if there is such a thing as fate, then I will smash it. We are the bearers of our own futures."

Why is everyone so philosophical today? If she were being honest, Fawkes didn't really care about fate or anything like that. She just wanted to settle down quietly somewhere and live in peace. How did she wind up caught up in all this trouble anyway? Lingering on it wouldn't help though. Everyone was talking about fate, so Fawkes felt obliged to say something too. "I uh, don't really think we can fight fate if it exists. But it's still a thing, and it can be tricked because of that right? If fate's got bad stuff in store for me, I'll trick it into turning that bad luck good. O-Or, something..."

Is this a cheesy comic book now?

EOlaaCE.png?1

While Nine's flames did hit true, this did little to stop the Zebstrika from letting loose volts of electricity, exploding off every which way. The raw amount of shockwave explosions made it hard for Nine to see, and he let out a loud grunt of pain as the electricity flowed through him. As he felt the volts course through his body, he felt parts of his body grow number and thus harder to move. As he looked back he saw that Vita was down on the ground, unconscious, prompting him to shout, "Vita!" As Nine then looked forward, he then noticed why it was that he was still standing from the attack.

"Gwen!" He shouted, seeing the ghost girl barely standing, having taken the brunt of the attack. Nine felt relieved that she was still standing, having taken an attack as strong as that dead on, but was nonetheless worried for her. Both by her sudden intrusion onto the fight and the damage she had sustained from it. Standing back up straight, the houndoom simply looked at her and said, "thanks, you saved me there." Nine knew the girl couldn't have been feeling good, but he was off put by the strange malicious feeling he was getting from her. Nevertheless, he didn't have time to worry about that, and simply looked towards his opponent. With his arm going into a blaze once more, with a serious expression in his eyes and unwavering in his voice he merely said, "this is your loss, Jabari." 

Adarid Again/ ~

Witnessing the outcome of the clash in which the Zebstrika flinched, Clotilde rushed in to help the Charizard girl as she finally saw an opportunity to enter the fray. But then the resulting thunder from the Zebstrika blew her vision and hearing away. Just in time she instinctively cast Protect, keeping herself alive. The dust blew over, and Clotilde saw a heavily injured Gwen taking the blow for Nine. The Charizard girl too was sprawled on the ground, unmoving. The Zebstrika was still up.

She should take Gwen away from there immediately. And the Charizard girl too. But no matter how she looked at it, it wasn't possible in the midst of this battle. It may be a little more possible if she decided to abandon the Charizard, it wasn't like Clotilde even knew who she was so there wasn't anything feasibly motivating her to help out, but even carrying Gwen alone outside seemed unlikely enough. She saw only one option she could take. It wasn't a very good one, but considering she was the healthiest individual in the arena it was perhaps what she should do. Clotilde prepared herself and stepped to where Nine was. "Apologies for interfering in your fight but I believe I shall be of use. Let me assist in finishing this person off."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 24, Water Route to Mioter

"Promises are made to be broken. And fate...if there is such a thing as fate, then I will smash it," he declared. "We are the bearers of our own futures."

"I uh, don't really think we can fight fate if it exists. But it's still a thing, and it can be tricked because of that right? If fate's got bad stuff in store for me, I'll trick it into turning that bad luck good. O-Or, something..."

"You will need that resolve in the days to come." Lugia looked to the sky once more. "You have all been touched by the Legends in some way. I fear it may be impossible to stay out of the war we are waging. In Mioter you may meet someone who knows more about the enemy than any of us. Do what you will but if it comes down to it...please protect the Child." With that Lugia turned to leave.

He was stopped, however, as Dora came and clung to his leg. Looking down he gave a curious expression. "Our other new friend left so soon; do you have to go too?"

Lugia was taken aback by the girl's words and gently lifted her. "We will meet again...little potato." He handed the girl off to Brooke; whom he gave a solemn look. "True victory can only be accomplished together. No one person is capable of doing everything. No matter how it may look."

With that Lugia took to the skies and left.

The crew, who were watching with awe, suddenly surged forward. All clambering about the event and asking the group dozens of questions about the Legends at once.

It only stopped when the captain roared at them to keep going. "I don't want those whirlpools to come back with us in em, get a move on!"

Team Mac, Day 15, Southshore

Melody came onto the scene like a hurricane. She was looking about wildly, angrily, and it appeared that she was still quite injured. "I can't believe he managed to get the better of me; you all better not have screwed up."

Mac bristled automatically but took a deep breath and didn't speak. She had remembered how the girl had looked not that long ago. And then there was...Mac's eyes went to Latias at the same time that Melody spotted her. "Oh thank Arceus you're alr...where's your brother?"
Melody turned and turned, looking around for any sign of the other Legend, before turning back to Latias with wide eyes.

"No..." She muttered. She stepped, slowly, closer to Latias who let out a mewl of sadness.

Melody looked at each of the group and Mac was sure she was about to explode at them all.

And then.

Melody started to bawl. She began sobbing and collapsed to her knees, burying her head in her hands as she let out a scream of sorrow. As she cried, body shaking, Latias floated over and knelt beside her. The two embraced as Melody cried and wetness re-emerged on Latias's face; though the Legend didn't begin crying again. "No no no. Why him...w-why didn't I stop it..."

Team Showdown, Day 25, Icecrown

Two more of the Sneasel dropped by the time that Taiga scolded Isole. The Rotom looked at Taiga in annoyance and gestured towards the five Sneasel who had been caught in the Blizzard but now were free from it, and no longer pinned down.

She sighed as they all came after the pair, prepared to attack them both with Fury Swipes. She raised her hand and blasted one of them with a Thunderbolt but the four others reached them soon after, slashing with their claws.

The remaining two Sneasel seemed to wise up to Tianzi's strategy. They both cast a Leer upon the Xatu, lowering their defenses, before using Agility and speeding themselves up. It was only after this they went for another pair of Faint Attacks, this time too quick for Tianzi to Sucker Punch in response.

Team Karaoke, Day 20, Adarid Arena

"Can you please just tell me why you chose me?" He spoke a little louder than he had intended. "Or can you at least tell me what happened between you and Alleria."

Fiona shuddered again at mention of Alleria and decided to answer the easier of the two questions. "It's cause you're cute okay!" She said, blushing wildly and refusing to look directly at Lok. "J-Jeez did you really have to make me go and say that ohgosh." She buried her face in her hands and turned away from Lok suddenly.

------

"this is your loss, Jabari."

"Apologies for interfering in your fight but I believe I shall be of use. Let me assist in finishing this person off."

Jabari stood up straighter as the three Gijinka faced him. "I will not lose here." They had withstood his strongest attack but he had much more than just that. He wreathed his body in flames and charged into the Mismagius who was looking on with a rather disturbing expression. He made contact with her, and he could tell the attack had hurt, yet something else also happened. She grabbed onto him before he could break away and he felt something...a poison running through his body. He grabbed Gwen by the arm and threw her aside, wincing as he felt the mild poison start to eat away at his health.

"Clever." He admitted. "But this will be over soon enough." Jabari set up yet another Ion Deluge and went for Nine again, prepared to attack with an electric-charged Thrash. If it connected Nine would be done for.

Adarid Again/ ~

"Tch. Gwen!" The Zebstrika was too fast. Despite both of them standing between the way of the attacker and Gwen, he reached her anyway. Gwendoline's body was flung away and Clotilde almost instinctively ran for her but the Zebstrika's sheer speed froze her in her tracks. She couldn't afford to leave an opening.

And then the Zebstrika struck again at Nine but Clotilde was ready for it this time and jumped in-between the two men. She had only one relevant move for this, Protect. Timing this would be very demanding she realized, she had just used it a while earlier. The drawback with Protect is that after every successful use makes her body lag behind a little. It felt like she was straining her arm and leg joints making them more difficult to move, and this strain wouldn't disappear until she receives an actual hit without using Protect or she waits a while for it to go away. The latter naturally wasn't an option. And receiving an attack from someone so strong, even with her typing, would likely injure her a great deal. She'll just have to Protect again, but there was a drawback to that too. With every successive Protect her body lags behind further and it becomes even more difficult to execute the move next time.

She wasn't trained for this level of high combat at the maid house so she had to rely entirely on her instincts to decide on the timing. The Zebstrika was right there, arms raised, right in front of her and Nine. Her eyes couldn't follow the man's movements at all, the moment he struck it would be over. She needed a cue. Anything would do.

Clotilde heard a footstep as the Zebstrika's fists moved faster than her vision would allow. Immediately she cast Protect.

Melody came onto the scene like a hurricane. She was looking about wildly, angrily, and it appeared that she was still quite injured. "I can't believe he managed to get the better of me; you all better not have screwed up." Someone got her? Did she fight someone? Who? Why? Another Godslayer? How many were there? Man, this was making his head hurt, and this was before she started to believe they might have screwed up. Mac looked on edge... but strangely didn't answer. That was... weird. Still, Melody noticed Latias and began to speak again. "Oh thank Arceus you're alr...where's your brother?" 

Kazo flinched as she mentioned that. Latios was gone, and it was his fault... as much as he wanted to blame Kah and the Salamences... it was in the end his fault... he wasn't strong enough or fast enough. He did his best not to tremble, breathing deeply to try to calm down. He looked up as he heard Melody again. "No..." She muttered. She stepped, slowly, closer to Latias who let out a mewl of sadness. Melody looked at each member of the group, and Kazo could feel fear growing inside of him. He braced himself for a hurricane...

Dark Skies

Only for Melody to break down, sobbing. Kazo could feel a pang of pain go through his chest. He had almost forgotten... yes, today, he lost his idol, his goal, his dream in life... but Latias and Melody... they lost someone close to them, a brother... a friend... Kazo adjusted his sunglasses, pushing them closer to his eyes as he mumbled to himself.

"It's a terrible day for rain...," Tears began to escape from behind his eyewear, the Chaser wishing things had turned out different. He couldn't save Latios... not even if he could time travel. But he could do his best to help those Latios cared for. Still, he didn't know what to do. How did one comfort women they barely knew? In the end, he forced his legs to move, standing next to them and getting on his knees. He didn't want to reach out, to touch them... in case they didn't want to be, but he'd be there, if they wanted to yell at him, hit him, whatever... he'd take it.

Easter and Fawkes said a few things that meant stuff. It was a thing. Lugia, however, decided to respond to them. "You will need that resolve in the days to come." Lugia looked to the sky once more. "You have all been touched by the Legends in some way. I fear it may be impossible to stay out of the war we are waging. In Mioter you may meet someone who knows more about the enemy than any of us. Do what you will but if it comes down to it...please protect the Child." With that Lugia turned to leave.

He was stopped, however, as Dora came and clung to his leg. Looking down he gave a curious expression. "Our other new friend left so soon; do you have to go too?"

"We will meet again...little potato." He handed the girl off to Brooke; whom he gave a solemn look. "True victory can only be accomplished together. No one person is capable of doing everything. No matter how it may look."

As the crew surrounded him, Denku reflected on the legend's words. The Child? What was he talking about? Not only that... but now he was being dragged into a war. He didn't want ANY of that. Why was it that when something good happened in his life, life then decides to kick him in between the legs? Finally, as the crew dispersed, he looked over to Easter and Brooke.

"'The Child'?" He asked. "Who is he talking about? Dora? Fawkes? And if so, what's so special about them?"

P1JjewJ.png?1

Marie was about as astounded by the dining hall Morgan had taken them to as she was everything else in this house. Which was to say, she was quite astounded. Morgan had then gone on to tell the people who she could only assume were rich people servers, to go and make them food which took Marie a bit by surprise as well. She was only ever used to having other people make the food on the rare times that she had gone out, so the act alone seemed to be an affirmation of the young girl's wealth. While waiting for the food to come out, Morgan started a game to play to pass the time. While it appeared that Keanu wasn't too keen on the idea of playing, the spoil-sport he was, Randy seemed quite proud in his answer, though talk of violence at the dinner table was a no no. Marie took a bit of time thinking on it as she said, "Never have I ever. Hm..." She then came to a realization as she said, "never have I ever stayed at a hotel before!" With that said, the girl seemed oddly proud in her answer, and merely awaited what was to come next.

When all of that was done with, what followed was the food being served by Morgan's servers. At first sight of it, Marie's jaw dropped at the sight of both the amount and quality in everything she saw. Most of it she hardly recognized and she was practically deaf to Morgan's explanations of them. As more came out, were it possible, Marie's jaw might have unhinged itself from how far it dropped. She was practically floored by how much the people of the house had gone to prepare for them, and wasn't quite sure if she was supposed to eat it or just stare at it. However, as people began to eat, she too, hesitantly, reached for something before uncharacteristically diving into the food with manners that she would scold herself for having. 

Once she had eaten her fill, or more likely far beyond it, she could feel the energy and will to do anything else but sit in her chair escape her. However, as Keanu stated that he was going to bed, Morgan had cried out otherwise. Feeling both rude and mean were she to reject the young eevee's offer, Marie said, "don't worry Morgan, I still can't wait to see what else you got here." Getting up, she then felt her stomach drop and as a result, stumbled a bit in place before saying, "I uh, might need a minute." 

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Since Taiga had interrupted Isole's attempts of crowd control, no matter how unpleasant it was, her disruption had let loose the remaining sneasel who had been caught up in the attack.  Isole brought one down with a bolt of lightning, but the rest had found themselves slashing at the pair with their sharp talons.  No matter how annoying Isole's blizzard launched upon the group was, it hadn't exceeded how annoying these sneasel were.  However, the freezing effects from before were now fading, and Taiga could see clearly again, her movements not as stagnant as before when all the frost had covered her body.  Now she could see these attacks in slow motion.  

Waiting for the opportunity, Taiga seized the moment when a sneasel brought its arm down for another swipe.  Instinctively, Taiga grasped the arm with her fangs, blood seeping out of the gijinka's arm as she did so.  Mmmm...the crimson flavor tasted so good...it must've been ages since she had tasted this fresh sensation.  It almost drove her mad!  With her jaws clamped down on the sneasel, she twisted around, slamming the gijinka's body into another one of it's cohorts, knocking the two off balance.  As she let go, she readied herself to start a dash.  In the blink of an eye, Taiga had launched herself at the two stumbling sneasels, stomping her heels into the guts of the one in front.  The impact, devastating enough to have the sneasel in the back lose his breath, sent the two flying through the cold air.  

Taiga licked the blood that stained her teeth, and eyed the other two.  The blood lust that stained her iris' now focused on the two remaining meals in front of her.  

"Seconds so early?  I couldnt...After all, I still have to keep my figure...Fufufufufu..."  

8GrkkS0.png

Melody came onto the scene like a hurricane. She was looking about wildly, angrily, and it appeared that she was still quite injured. "I can't believe he managed to get the better of me; you all better not have screwed up."

Ari flinched at that. "Uhh..." Screwed up would be putting it lightly.

The pretty gijinka then spotted Latias. "Oh thank Arceus you're alr...where's your brother?" Melody turned and turned, looking around for any sign of the other Legend, before turning back to Latias with wide eyes. "No..." She muttered. She stepped, slowly, closer to Latias who let out a mewl of sadness.

Melody looked at each of the group and Ari wondered what she would do. But she didn't do anything much. She just...started to cry. Which made him feel like crying all over again. Gods, they were a mess, weren't they? But he couldn't help it. He felt for her. This was all too much. And he was...such a failure, for letting this happen. For letting her dear friend die.

"No no no. Why him...w-why didn't I stop it..."

"It's a terrible day for rain..."

Ari hiccuped in agreement.

--

qZU0awZ.png

"I uh, don't really think we can fight fate if it exists. But it's still a thing, and it can be tricked because of that right? If fate's got bad stuff in store for me, I'll trick it into turning that bad luck good. O-Or, something..."

Easter snorted at that. Trust Fawkes to bring things back to an even keel.

"You will need that resolve in the days to come." Lugia looked to the sky once more. "You have all been touched by the Legends in some way. I fear it may be impossible to stay out of the war we are waging. In Mioter you may meet someone who knows more about the enemy than any of us. Do what you will but if it comes down to it...please protect the Child." With that Lugia turned to leave.

Lugia lifted the girl gently. "We will meet again...little potato." He handed the girl off to Brooke; whom he gave a solemn look. "True victory can only be accomplished together. No one person is capable of doing everything. No matter how it may look."

The crew surrounded him excitedly, to which Easter snapped back into his charming persona, flirting outrageously while saying things along the line of, "Wouldn't you like to know." However, inside, he was pondering Lugia's words.

The Child... Sam had said similar words. "The children, children important, children make world better...place. You know this, I feel that, too..." But he didn't think they meant the same thing. Still, it was a little amusing, to be told to protect children of some sort multiple times. He knew how important they were. How much potential they held within. That was why he still bothered with this group, or he'd have left long ago. Still, he was at least one step closer to fulfilling his goal. Once he entered Mioter, who knew what would await him?

As the crew dispersed, Denku looked over at Easter and Brooke, asking the very question that he had. "'The Child'? Who is he talking about? Dora? Fawkes? And if so, what's so special about them?"

"I don't think he means either one of them," the Sylveon said slowly. "No offense, kiddos," he ruffled Fawkes' hair fondly.

--

L4AHmu4.png

"Jeez Keanu. Can't even play the game right?" Randy chuckled, before crossing his arms a bit. He thought long and hard, before smirking and sitting upright in his chair. "Alright then. Never have I ever gone toe to toe with a Greninja." Randy smirked and shook his head. "I mean seriously! I hear those suckers are quick and even much more fluid in their attacks than some!"

He glanced at Keanu and moved slightly, before whispering. "And that's how you play the game."

Oh. It. Is. On.

"Never have I ever. Hm..." Marie seemed to come to a realization, "never have I ever stayed at a hotel before!"

Keanu was distracted from his thoughts of one-upping Randy at that. Huh, neither had him. Even though he had traveled all across Alola, he'd never been one to stay in hotels. He'd take sleeping under the sun, the sounds of the waves in his ears, over a bed anytime. Wonder if the big man has. Speaking of, he had a tiger to beat. He spent the rest of his time trying to one-up Randy in the game, sometimes succeeding, sometimes not.

When the food arrived, Keanu noticed that both Randy and Marie were both eating more than he did, and smiled a bit at that. Guess it was true what they said about having the appetite of a mouse. Morgan seemed delighted at their enjoyment, and kept pushing more food upon the both of them, leaving the Pikachu alone after he waved her away. He was fine. If he ate any more, he'd be sick.

He really was ready to go to bed, but heard Marie say, "don't worry Morgan, I still can't wait to see what else you got here." The Popplio rose before stumbling comically, "I uh, might need a minute."

"Ugh, all right," the electric type groaned, not even trying to rise from his padded chair. Lined with a dark, polished wood of some sorts, it forced him to sit upright, probably to help him eat, but the cushions were so soft he felt like falling asleep in it.

In the end, Morgan kept the group entertained for a few minutes with a story about a young girl found in a bamboo shoot by a bamboo cutter, and was later made into a princess. Her beauty attracted scores of suitors, but five stood above the rest, and she sent them away on quests for mythical treasures. Eventually, after the Emperor of Adarid himself approached her, she fled, later revealing to her parents that she was a child of the moon, and disappeared soon afterward.

The whole time, Keanu watched the setting sun through the light of the big picture windows.

When the story was finished, Morgan led them on a merry jaunt through the house, blitzing through the parlors, the greenery of the conservatory, and the ballroom. She ignored the music room for some reason, only pointing it out before heading upstairs. In the end, she showed them every single room but the music room, the master bedroom, the basement, and the attic, though she never lingered, so the group could get no more than a glimpse before she moved on. It was obvious that she had never actually been any sort of tour guide, and her energy left Keanu dumbfounded.

In the end, she guided them to the room they'd be staying in, filled with two large curtained four-poster beds and a long couch. The ceiling was covered in a fresco of the night sky, with a single star shining brighter than the others. Morgan explained that each bedroom had such a ceiling, the master bedroom showcasing the sun while hers featured a large full moon. The walls were plain, but garnished with curtains and paintings of various landscapes. Most of the marble floor was taken up by a dark green flower-patterned rug.

The Eevee reluctantly bid them goodnight before departing for her own room. Keanu was more than happy to lie down by then, falling asleep almost as soon as he landed on the couch, mumbling a "goodnight" as his eyes drifted closed.

The next morning featured a rude awakening via Morgan, who blazed into their room like a comet. "Come on, come on! After breakfast I get to show you around Northshore!"

Keanu yawned and sat up, stretching stiffly, before following the Eevee out of the room with the others.

Breakfast was a stiffer affair than the meal they shared last night. It was quite the spread of porridges, eggs, biscuits, meats, puddings, muffins, toasts, and jams, with MooMoo Milk, various juices, and hot tea to drink. But this time, the master and mistress of the house were present, and neither seemed too happy with the guests...or their manners. Morgan sat with her head hunched most of the time. Eventually, they did speak.

"Ahem, now that we are in more of a place to discuss such matters, I must ask...what do you plan on doing after this?" Lewis the Espeon asked.

Whatever the others would say, Keanu would reply with a shrug, "Not much. Pro'lly just find a place to stay. Didn't have much of a goal 'sides leaving Alola."

"Well, you cannot stay here," Catherine the Flareon sniffed. "While we may be letting you stay a few days, our magnanimity will only go so far. You must learn to stand on your own two feet."

"We weren't planning on it," the Pikachu retorted, finding it difficult to keep his mouth in check around these two. "But we do need to know of any good places to stay."

"Before, I would have recommended Deku," the Espeon said. "The cost of living there is cheaper than anywhere else, but you do get you what you pay for. However..." he paused, shaking her head. "It's been leveled, I hear. A tragic business. At first I thought you three were refugees from that place, or Chasers," he snarled the last word.

"Well, you certainly wouldn't be able to afford living here, no offense," the Flareon tacked the last couple words on highhandedly.

"Regardless, what you need to focus on first is making money," Lewis said. "I know that there are a couple hotels looking for workers, the Azure Rose being one of them. Or you could look into hiring yourself as a mercenary for...the owner of that mansion."

"I doubt that'll happen, honestly," his wife shook her head. "Even I've never seen their face. No, it's better to hire on with the hotels. They'll be happy for the help, and I've heard the pay is...decent."

Morgan looked up, eyes shining. "Yeah, I've helped them out too! They're really nice, and they--"

"What did I tell you about that?" her father demanded. "You are a young lady, not a common servant."

"I know, I know," the Eevee replied, before turning to the trio. "Anyway, I'm sure they'll be happy for the help."

"All right with me," Keanu shrugged, glancing at the others. "We do need money, and I 'spect high-flying hotels will pay out quite the pretty penny."

"I'll make sure they hire you!" Morgan pumped a fist, before bouncing off her chair. "Well, I'm done eating! You three ready to go?"

"Sure," the Pikachu had finished his food quite a while back. He hadn't had more than a bowl of muesli, consisting of rolled oats, berries, seeds, and nuts mixed with MooMoo Milk, as well as a couple of what Morgan had called eggs Benedict, which featured a slice of ham and a poached egg covered with a yellow sauce garnished with leafy greens on half a muffin, served with Tamato berries sliced in two. After that, he had gotten quite full.

Following after Morgan, the trio would soon find out that the Eevee was quite popular amongst the residents of Northshore, giving exuberant greetings which they returned enthusiastically. On her promise of good behavior, they found themselves back at the Azure Rose hotel, where Miss Rafflesia the Gloom treated them much differently than before.

"Well, if you want to work here, there are a few rules to keep in mind. One, do not bother the guests unless you absolutely have to. Two, be polite. Three, the customer is always right. Got that? Good. Now, we have multiple job openings, and you can either choose to work together or apart, though you might get more done doing things separately. You can either do room service, bed making, lost and found, kitchen help, lifeguard duty, or beach cleanup. Which would you like to do?"

Keanu shrugged before looking at the others. Personally, he was partial to the outdoor activities, but what about the others?

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Randy kept eating his fill of the food, enjoying the little story that Morgan told as he and the others finished eating. He had to hand it to the younger ones, they did have the best imaginations, great for story telling. He himself even recalled a few times he was the same when talking to his parents. With these thoughts recalled, the Incineroar sighed slightly before being ushered by the Eevee throughout the rest of the "house".

With each room they went through, Randy could tell that their family spared no expense when furnishing this place and even making sure everything looked neat and proper. Guess this is what happens when one is swimming in Poké. he thought, shrugging.

Nevertheless, the tour came to an end with Morgan leading them to the room that the three were going to stay in. It, like every other room, was well furnished and reflected greatly this family's wealth. Only turning, Randy smiled and knelt down to Morgan's level. "Thanks Morgan. I suppose you better get to bed before your parents cause an uproar." he chuckled, before finally standing up and walking into the room.

He noticed immediately that Keanu was out like a light on the couch, as he rolled his eyes. "I was gonna take the couch and let you both take the beds...guess sparky here had other ideas." Randy chuckled as he made his way to the one bed and laid across it. Ahhh...finally...a nice bed... he thought, before closing his eyes and drifting to sleep.

iU8EggM.png

"Come on, come on! After breakfast I get to show you around Northshore!"

Randy awoke with a loud yawn, as he got up and stretched greatly. He had forgotten what it had felt like to sleep on an actual bed and not just a bedroll like they did with the ship. Nevertheless, he got up and rubbed the back of his neck the whole way to the dining hall...which proved to have a much more stronger atmosphere than it did the night prior...if only because Morgan's parents were around.

"Alola and good morning." Randy simply said, trying his best be polite to their hosts, though their face still showed that they weren't real thrilled with them still being here.

"Ahem, now that we are in more of a place to discuss such matters, I must ask...what do you plan on doing after this?"

"Not much. Pro'lly just find a place to stay. Didn't have much of a goal 'sides leaving Alola."

"That's pretty much the truth, unfortunately." Randy chimed in. "To be honest, we weren't expecting to leave Alola's waters when we were escapin' the assault that whatever over there was causing."

"Well, you cannot stay here. While we may be letting you stay a few days, our magnanimity will only go so far. You must learn to stand on your own two feet."

"We weren't planning on it,"

At Keanu's response to the Flareon, the Incineroar's eyes went wide as he was really wanting to hit the Pikachu upside the head for just letting his mouth fly off like that, but before he could, Keanu continued.

"But we do need to know of any good places to stay."

"Before, I would have recommended Deku. The cost of living there is cheaper than anywhere else, but you do get you what you pay for. However...It's been leveled, I hear. A tragic business. At first I thought you three were refugees from that place, or Chasers,"

"Well, you certainly wouldn't be able to afford living here, no offense,"

"Regardless, what you need to focus on first is making money. I know that there are a couple hotels looking for workers, the Azure Rose being one of them. Or you could look into hiring yourself as a mercenary for...the owner of that mansion."

Randy thought a moment, one option was back at...the Azure Rose. And quite frankly, this was low on the Fire type's list, if only because of the damned Gloom. However, the option of a mercenary would be a bit of an interesting idea and thought. But then again, Randy knew he was with Marie and Keanu...and he was still completely left in the dark on how well they could fight or if they've been in a fight. Unfortunately, his thoughts were derailed by the Espeon shouting at Morgan.

"What did I tell you about that? You are a young lady, not a common servant."

This made the Incineroar frown slightly, seeing that Morgan was being yelled at by her father like this. Rich or not, if his daughter was trying to help people, then he should be a bit more supportive. Nevertheless, he stayed his tongue and ate the food that was presented to them, which for the most part kept him silent.

iU8EggM.png

"Well, if you want to work here, there are a few rules to keep in mind. One, do not bother the guests unless you absolutely have to. Two, be polite. Three, the customer is always right. Got that? Good. Now, we have multiple job openings, and you can either choose to work together or apart, though you might get more done doing things separately. You can either do room service, bed making, lost and found, kitchen help, lifeguard duty, or beach cleanup. Which would you like to do?"

Truth be told, Randy was still miffed about being back in the Azure Rose and being face to face with Miss Rafflesia. But unlike yesterday, at least this time she was a bit more tolerable. However, looking over at the jobs that were available...he was feeling like he really wasn't doing well. Room service? Bed making? Kitchen help? That sounded like things that would become extremely boring...

Not to mention...lifeguard duty?! That would require him to swim...something...he wasn't exactly a 100% a fan of. Meaning the only other one to be left to him that he could possibly do...

"I suppose beach cleanup for me..." Randy grumbled, looking away with a cross of his arms.

"Well, well, looks like you have learned your lesson."

The Sneasels had wisened up to his attacks now, and Tianzi was now facing two Agility-backed rascals, going into an attack that would be too fast for him to initiate on like before. There was little else he could actually do right now, and so Tianzi simply stood his ground, waiting for the inevitable hit. As expected, both Sneasels came in on him and struck him really hard with their Faint Attack. Being hit with two super-effective attacks at the same time ended up doing Tianzi in, and he visibly collapsed just as the last Sneasel got a clear hit on him.

That was, until Tianzi suddenly gripped on one of the Sneasel's neck just as they lowered their guard, and did a snapping motion before using his body as a leverage to get up again. Still having the initiative, Tianzi then stabbed his fingers into the other one's eyes, before knocking them down and stomping at their chest hard several times. Visibly disheveled after the attack, Tianzi took the time to fix his own clothing before noticing that Taiga had been eyeing his opponents for a while.

"Aha, it seemed that you really wanted to eat them. Fear not! For I am quite a capable cook according to myself, so get the knives and fire ready.

I shall prepare a monster of a dish that would sate your ravenous desires for decades to come!"

P1JjewJ.png?1

Once the food had been finished, during their trek throughout the Morgan's mansion, the young eevee entertained them to a strange story about a moon person and a bamboo cutter. The girl was a bit curious about the tail, merely finding it a neat story to hear as it wasn't one that was native to her home at all. Throughout it all, Marie was quite captivated by the girl's story, and found herself a bit sad as the ending came, and the girl in the story fled. After that was over, Marie then paid more attention to their surroundings, as the young Eevee pointed out all different kinds of things that Marie might've seen before, but never all under one roof. The more she saw, the more it blew her mind that this was actually somebody's house. And the more they walked around, the more Marie was starting to feel the fatigue of the day set in, in awe that Morgan was able to continue giving them a guide without missing a beat. Eventually, the popplio let out a large sigh of relief as they left them for the night and merely flopped onto the bed she was given. As Randy had complained about something Keanu had done, Marie wasn't quite paying attention to what, she merely said, "so soft," before finally falling asleep. 

When the morning had came, Marie had joined the others, Morgan and her parents for breakfast in the dining room from the day before. As she listened to the older ones talk, it became increasingly evident that the group was being kicked out. While Marie was pretty sad that she was going to have to leave her new friend's house, she new it would be rude to impose staying longer for free. While she was feeling down, Morgan's parents then suggested that they would get them jobs working as hotel staff, and the thought of it both perked the young girl up and made her curious. She had never worked an actual job before, but she knew it was something that grown ups had done all the time. Which meant that if she worked one, she'd be a grown up too! As such, the girl seemed to be a bit peppy, only for her mood to sour as the older lady scolded Morgan for having a job of her own. Marie didn't understand why they wouldn't want Morgan trying to be an adult herself, but she quickly moved past this as the young eevee seemed to be bouncing with enthusiasm. 

The group was soon taken to the Azure Rose hotel, the very same one they were the day prior, and were given the run down as to how they would carry out their jobs. Marie listened intently, nodding earnestly at each guideline that was presented before her. As the gloom gave them their choice of jobs to take on, Marie perked up at one in particular. "Oh, oh, I can make beds! I used to do that all the time back home." While she was a bit worried about leaving Keanu and Randy by themselves, she knew that she would need to do this by herself to prove that she was really an adult. 

EOlaaCE.png?1

Jabari still seemed to be going at full steam against them, and in spite of his injuries, was still ready to fight. Nine had already knew that this man was strong, but this only further affirmed it. Trying to get ready to fight further, he knew that moving would be a bit more difficult then before due to the attack he had taken earlier. However, he kept his flames roaring as Jabari himself was coated with flames as well. Before he could react, the Zebstrika had charged Gwendoline, knocking her to the side and charging himself up with electricity. Seeing the oncoming fists, Nine started to step away, though knew that he wouldn't be able to dodge the attack with just that. However, before the thrash could connect with him, the Aggron maid stepped in the way. Bolstering up her defenses, she had managed to block a good majority of the thrash, thought not of all of it. With the attack having subsided, Nine started to bring up the arm of his he had shot a flamethrower from this whole fight. As the arm roared with flame, poised to strike at the man, Nine raised it above Clotilde as he looked straight at Jabari. And then, being tall enough to easily clear the maid and hit the Zebstrika, from his mouth he shot out a flamethrower at the Godslayer. 

Adarid Team Karaoke

"It's cause you're cute okay!" She said, blushing wildly and refusing to look directly at Lok. "J-Jeez did you really have to make me go and say that ohgosh." Lok sighed a little, his face tinted slightly red. "S-Sorry, it's just..." He muttered, not really knowing what to say in response. He shifted his gaze to the ground, kicking up a but of dirt underneath him. He wasn't completely sure what the girls intentions were, but the way she acted was a bit too real for him. He took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of put you on the spot like that." He turned to her, smiling, before suddenly having a more pouting face. "But you shouldn't either! At least ask me out before you go on and kiss me like that!" He spoke with a whining tone, not paying attention to what he was saying.

Icecrown Team Showdown

"Hurry up you two! Especially you, Red! You should've been done with these scraps ages ago! Fufufufu!" Well, she exactly wasn't wrong. Scarlet nodded, doing a small Swords Dance as she watched the blizzard fade away. She noted that none of them seemed keen on coming towards her, instead electing to attack the others. She prepared herself to dash towards the large group of Sneasel, looking to finish them off. However, it seemed Taiga had beaten her to the punch, leaping into the middle of the group. She watched on as Taiga dealt with two of the Sneasels, her teeth stained with blood. The last two Sneasel remaining glared at the shark girl, who returned their glare with a stare that had even Scarlet scared for a second. Conveniently, the Sneasel had their back turned to Scarlet, giving her a perfect opportunity to strike. She took a deep breath, before dashing towards the icy assailants.

The Sneasel's skull cracked loudly as the girl's pincer slammed into the back of its head. She let out a sigh as the Sneasel dropped from the impact, before turning to the other one. "This is why you don't attack my friends!" She shouted, before dashing into the last Sneasel, slamming her fist right into the gijinka's chest. A loud cracking noise echoed lightly at the base of the mountain as the body of the Sneasel fell limp onto the ground.

rSmNb2O.png

Location: On a boat bound for Mioter (Team Neo Not Dark, Day 24)

Poké: 800

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x3

"You will need that resolve in the days to come. You have all been touched by the Legends in some way. I fear it may be impossible to stay out of the war we are waging. In Mioter you may meet someone who knows more about the enemy than any of us. Do what you will but if it comes down to it...please protect the Child."

"Our other new friend left so soon; do you have to go too?"

"We will meet again...little potato. True victory can only be accomplished together. No one person is capable of doing everything. No matter how it may look."

And with that, Lugia took to the skies. He was gone. Suddenly, the boat started forward, full speed ahead. Seemed the crew wanted to be out of here before the whirlpools started back up. Fawkes didn't blame them. Denku was the first to speak up after the scene before them had ended.

"'The Child'? Who is he talking about? Dora? Fawkes? And if so, what's so special about them?"

"I don't think he means either one of them. No offense, kiddos."

"None taken," Fawkes responded, straightening out what hair she could after Easter had gone and ruffled it up. It only made sense that she wasn't "the Child"; she'd only just met Lugia after all. She wasn't even all that special; just another street rat from Deku. Though there wasn't much of a Deku left to be from. And despite everything, Fawkes had never met another Zorua before. Maybe she was a little bit special? Fawkes didn't like the idea of being special though. Perhaps it was just all the comics she liked reading, but to Fawkes, being special meant bad guys would want to capture her. She wasn't willing to get tangled up with bad guys if she could help it.

"Maybe they live in Mioter?" she suggested.

Brooke balled her hands into fists, hidden in the pockets of her jeans, and a muscle in her jaw twitched at Lugia’s swords. Protect the Child, he told them, but they had already been doing just that. No doubt Lugia meant for them to protect some chosen child, someone deemed important by the Oh-So-Wise legendaries, but Brooke wasn’t going to have time for that. Fawkes and Dora came first, no matter what. She was sure the Chosen Child had someone else looking after it.

Denku asked what child Lugia had spoken of, while the crew began to crowd around their little group and cheer. Easter worked the crowd admirably, responding, I don't think he means either one of them. No offense, kiddo.”

Brooke nodded her agreement, tugging her scarf tighter around her neck out of habit. “You can be sure that Lugia is talking about someone he’s deemed important, or maybe, someone the legendaries as a group have decided they’ve got protect. There’s no telling,” she shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest. “This is all too strange for my tastes. I don’t want to get caught up in this anymore than I already am. I just want to reach Mioter, and try to find a safe place to recuperate.”

She felt small in the face of so many mythical Pokémon, and she hated feeling small. Brooke had to make an effort to keep up her smile as she excused herself. “I’m gonna go back below deck. Being able to see the sea has me feeling a little sick to my stomach. I wasn’t ever meant to be this far out to sea.” She turned to face Dora and Fawkes, patting the former on the head and smiling genuinely. “Come on down if you need anything, alright?”

After being acknowledged, she slipped below deck. It was true she was feeling slightly clammy, but mostly, she was eager to return to training.

She hated feeling small.

Team Mac, Day 15, Southshore

"It's a terrible day for rain...,"

What followed from Ari was a simple hiccup.

And still Melody cried.

Mac looked towards Kazo. He should say something shouldn't he? He's the oldest...right? But he wasn't. Was he afraid? Afraid of...messing up maybe. And then Ari, who seemed just stunned. Neither of them seemed to be up for comfort.

Mac herself didn't know what to do. But she had to do something right? She hesitantly walked over to Melody. "I'm...sorry." She said awkwardly. Melody barely even seemed to hear her, though.

Latias looked up at the young lady, then looked towards the other two. "It's not your fault. You all did so much. Even against three stronger foes you didn't run. It's not your job to protect us..." She looked at Melody, and a look of determination crossed over her face. "We are supposed to be protecting you."

Latias stood then, and held out a small orb. "As long as one of us lives, the other will also live on, you didn't fail us. By just protecting me you have saved us both..." Latias closed her eyes and let out a sigh; appearing older then than she had before. "I guess it's time to leave."

Melody gasped. "Latias, no, don't leave...what would I do if you were..."

Latias smiled warmly at Melody, and a chidish light came back to her eyes. "Don't worry Melody I won't ever abandon my friends. It's just...the others need me. I can hear their cries. I will go where the Swords went. We must take back our home." She looked at the group once more. "Continue on if you must but...If you can leave it to us that would be better for you. The farther you go the more you'll fight."

"That's fine." Mac said suddenly. "I mean...I wanted to grow strong. I can't do that if I just sit around. I don't know about these two but I'm going to keep going and face whatever comes my way."

Latias smiled. "You're a strange one. I like that...The choice is yours, goodbye."

Before Melody could stop her Latias took off again, over the water. As the girl started to try and follow Mac grabbed her by the arm. When Melody whipped around Mac simply shook her head.

Melody opened her mouth, shut it, then looked away, tears in her eyes. "I'll find you!" Melody shouted. "You don't get to just leave like that without me! I'll get strong too!"

She glanced at the group again, blushing a bit. "What are you looking at? Outta my way, hmph!" She hurriedly ran past them, not looking back, heading off on her own towards one of the houses.

Kah

"Then what amazing reason are you here for?" Kah retorted. "Just that eager to fight passers-by and Legends alike?"

Edgelord glanced at Kah as she asked her question. He looked into the distance as a lonely howl of wind passed through, stirring up the leaves. If Edgelord had a cape it would be fluttering right about now.

"I was born in Southshore. My parents were mighty warriors, the strongest ever, but I wasn't strong. I was far too timid...Everyone always picked on me. Also I had a weird scar in the shape of a skull. So they were afraid of me. They both were afraid of me and made fun of me. At the same time. It was tragic you see. My parents took me out to fight Legends one time to try and show me what being strong was. And then a Gijinka...the most powerful Gijinka I had ever seen...Burned them alive in front of me. I went back to my home and found that the town thought I was an ill omen. And so they kicked me out. And that's when I became a bandit; and that's why I'm here...It's nothing personal, kid."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 24, Water Route to Mioter

Ohmygosh. Dora stared open-mouthed as Lugia left.

"Who is he talking about? Dora? Fawkes? And if so, what's so special about them?"

Huh?

"I don't think he means either one of them," the Sylveon said slowly. "No offense, kiddos,"

Whaaaa?

"None taken,"

Nuh uhhhhh

"You heard him, I'm not a kid, I'm a potato!"

“Come on down if you need anything, alright?”

"Waaaaaaiiiiittttttttt" Dora said as she ran after Brooke. "I need to know what potatoes dooooooooooooooo"

The trip continued on much more smoothly. Though after they passed by the whirlpools it seemed that they started to form once more, though not as intense as before.

Team Showdown, Day 25, Icecrown

As the final Sneasel fell, Isole let out a long breath. "I'd rather not eat them." She muttered. It's not like she hadn't packed supplies for food or anything. But whatever floated their boat; she just wouldn't watch.

Plus the Sneasel all had dried meat on them, as well as, in total, 400 Poke, and some leftover Smoke Balls.

The mountain loomed over them. As they approached it they would hear rumbling as, higher up above, snow cascaded down the peak. There was a single route to take and it was partially covered in snow. If they traveled up for the rest of the day they would still only reach a small part of the way up.

Once night started to fall they'd be forced to slip inside one of the few small caves they would find on the way up.

Signs of predators were apparent, bones, dried, and frozen, blood, and a rather unpleasant smell. However there was not many choices as to a place to stay. Especially as with night came even more cold. The inside of the caves were warmer, insulated ironically by snow, but it was not comfortably so. Except for Isole, who went to the far wall and laid down, falling asleep almost instantly.

Team Karaoke, Day 20, Adarid Arena

"But you shouldn't either! At least ask me out before you go on and kiss me like that!"

Got him. Well that was easy. Almost too easy...a little disappointing. The asking out thing did give her pause though. Did she really want to make it official like that?
....What was she talking about? This was all one big lie. Even if she said it was official it didn't make it so. So she smiled at Lok nervously. "Well, then..."

They both would feel an intense feeling, an electrical surge, run through their bodies. And not in a good way. Fiona looked towards the Arena. What was he doing? It should be done by now yet..."What's going on over there..." she muttered.

"Oh, sorry, uh, where was I?"

-----

Jabari's attack was stopped by the woman's Protect. He kept at it, however, not letting that stop him. And he eventually broke through, slamming a couple fists into Clotilde and dealing massive damage despite the defensive nature of her race. He hadn't been able to land the full Thrash but he could still feel the murky effects of Confusion taking hold.

Nine's fire hit him while he was trying to get his bearings and the Zebstrika fell back, covering his face as the flames licked at him.

Gwen, from the ground, looked up at Jabari with a semi-crazed gleam in her eyes. A look that was replicated as a strange, eye-shaped, formation. Jabari would feel pain from the attack course through his body and he let out a scream. Confusion, Poison, and now this pain. Jabari seemed to be losing grip on reality as the Ion Deluge once more gathered inside of him. He crackled with energy and prepared to let loose with yet another blast.

Team Alola, Day 7, Northshore

Randy

"HOP TO IT MAGGOT LETS GO GO GO!" The Poliwrath Gijinka shouted at Randy, pointing out every spot the man missed on the beach. Though it appeared, once Randy looked, that the trash that he was pointing out was all stuff that had been dropped behind Randy as he went. The stuff that he would have no way of seeing. "ARE YOU DAFT, BOY?" The Poliwrath shouted. "DROP AND GIVE ME FIFTY AND THEN GET BACK TO IT!"

Marie

"Now sweetie listen here sweetie." The elderly Cinccino spoke in a haughty but loving tone. "This here is a VIP, that's very important person sweetie, room. So I need you to take extra good care of this one okay sweetie?" She opened the door and ushered Marie into the room. "Oh yes and did I forget to mention the room is specially designed for a Wailord couple, sweetie?" the old lady closed the door suddenly. Marie would hear the lock click and she would soon see why.

The bed that she was meant to make was massive. Six feet tall, ten feet wide, and fifteen feet long....And there was a sleeping Wailord female still laying in it.

Keanu

The Pikachu had chosen to take up lifeguard duties. At first this seemed an easy breezy job...until the group of children came in after school got out. There were dozens of little tykes splashing around in the water and many of them would often fall over and not come back up for long periods of time.

One in particular, a Tympole girl, however, was refusing to leave Keanu's side. "Mister you're handsome. Mama said that handsome men are no good. But you seem good. Do you wanna be my husband?"
"Mister mister that boy over there is eating sand should we stop him?"

"Can I hug you mister?"

She didn't seem to want to leave Keanu along even when he went to take a bathroom break.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

From what it looked like to Randy, their little group would be split up for a bit. Marie for making the beds of the hotel patrons, Keanu doing lifeguard duty, and himself on beach clean up. It didn't seem all that bad of a little routine. Not only that, Randy would definitely get a work out for this! He needed to get back into a steady routine of training again, so maybe he could do it while he's cleaning the beach up.

"Hope you guys do well with your jobs." he said, flashing a quick smile before getting to where he needed to go.

iU8EggM.png

-BGM-

"HOP TO IT MAGGOT LETS GO GO GO!"

Truth be told, Randy found out that he was pretty much in for much more over his head when he met this Poliwhirl Gijinka and literally started shouting at him like a drill sergeant. Of course, stuff like this wasn't too out of the ordinary for him, due to the regimen that the PPGWF...but...

Holy HELL!! the Incineroar thought, as he hustled to pick up pieces of trash. He kept putting them in his trash bag, doing his best to keep up with the Poliwhirl's demands, but then again, that wasn't too much. Once he stopped and turned around, he saw where the Poliwhirl was really pointing: behind him and all the trash that had been dropped behind him...stuff he obviously wasn't able to see. Oh sheet...

"ARE YOU DAFT, BOY? DROP AND GIVE ME FIFTY AND THEN GET BACK TO IT!"

"S-Sir yes sir!" Randy shouted, dropping to give the Poliwhirl about fifty push ups, counting them as he knew he needed to. Jeez...I needed some training, but this is ridiculous! he thought, whilst counting out loud the push-ups. Nevertheless, he kept his focus on the task at hand and once he hit fifty, he sprung back up on his feet and started picking up the trash that he missed.

Mac turned out to be the most useful, which made sense to him. She was the bravest and least affected. However, it seemed she didn't know what to do either, but she hesitantly walked over to Melody despite that.

"I'm...sorry." She said awkwardly. Melody barely even seemed to hear her, though.

Latias looked up at Mac, then to Ari and Kaz. "It's not your fault. You all did so much. Even against three stronger foes you didn't run. It's not your job to protect us..." She looked at Melody, and a look of determination crossed over her face. "We are supposed to be protecting you." Latias stood then, holding that small orb. "As long as one of us lives, the other will also live on, you didn't fail us. By just protecting me you have saved us both..." Latias closed her eyes and let out a sigh, which... Somehow made her seem older than she did naught two minutes ago. "I guess it's time to leave." Well, that answered Kazo's question at the very least.

Melody gasped. "Latias, no, don't leave...what would I do if you were..."

Latias smiled warmly at Melody. "Don't worry Melody I won't ever abandon my friends. It's just...the others need me. I can hear their cries. I will go where the Swords went. We must take back our home." She looked at the group once more. "Continue on if you must but...If you can leave it to us that would be better for you. The farther you go the more you'll fight."

"That's fine." Mac said suddenly. "I mean...I wanted to grow strong. I can't do that if I just sit around. I don't know about these two but I'm going to keep going and face whatever comes my way." Well, whoop-dee-do for her. Too bad it more than likely meant Kazo was going to get critically injured.

Again.

Latias smiled. "You're a strange one. I like that...The choice is yours, goodbye."

Before Melody could stop her, before Kazo could react, before anyone could do anything, Latias took off again, over the water. As the girl started to try and follow Mac grabbed her by the arm. When Melody whipped around Mac simply shook her head.

Melody opened her mouth, shut it, then looked away, tears in her eyes. "I'll find you!" Melody shouted. "You don't get to just leave like that without me! I'll get strong too!"

She glanced at the group again, blushing a bit. "What are you looking at? Outta my way, hmph!" She hurriedly ran past them, not looking back, heading off on her own towards one of the houses. Kazo sighed to himself, thinking. He had an idea. It was a horrible idea. A horrible, horrible idea, and yet it felt like he might as well try it out. Hey, the odds of it working were nearly none anyways, so why should have to worry? Yeah, he could do this. He scooped up Ari, picking him up and placing him on his shoulders.

"Up you go, Ari. Just one last thing before we head to the inn," He looked over to Mac. "Hey, Boss, I'm going to try to recruit a new 'lackey'," He stated. He figured calling her boss would put her in a good enough mood that she wouldn't completely process what he was saying. He ran after Melody, yelling after her before she disappeared into a house. "Hey! Wh-what will you do now?" He asked. "It's hard to grow strong b-by yourself, and it's dangerous to g-go alone," He hoped this didn't backfire.

Denku shook his head as he was assured that Dora and Fawkes were not whatever the hell Lugia wanted them to protect. Dora was also insistent that she was a potato. It made him wonder, what did potatoes do? What a strange train of thought. Shaking his head he looked out over the direction that Lugia disappeared to.

"Maybe they live in Mioter?" Fawkes suggested. Demku nodded.

"That maybe the case...," He muttered, before pondering it for a few seconds longer. "Hey, can legends have children?" He suddenly asked, the question directed mostly at Easter. "Maybe the 'Child' is his own. With that scar, it would be hard to defend them on his own,"

Well, and soon all of the Sneasels had been dealt with. The rest didn't seem to actually be a fan of eating Sneasel meat though, so in the end all that Tianzi did was simply slitting the throat of all the unconscious thugs and grabbed some of the dried meat they carried for himself. The group would soon continue their trip through the cold mountain. A rumble could be heard from above - seemingly there were a part of the mountain that was cascading due to whatever reason. They continued their way regardless though, going through the sole snowy path available. However, due to the field not being the kindest, they didn't actually reach very far and ended up settling in a small cave for the night. The smell and the signs of ravage pointed out that something probably was or still pretty much currently using the cave as their hiding place, but Tianzi shrugged it off for now and went to another corner separate from the rest where he could do his business before trying his best on sleeping.

The next morning, Tianzi woke up to the unpleasant sight of the group's food supply bag missing, with a few paw prints not too far away seemingly coming from the thief. He turned around to the rest and decided to address the matter.

"My my, it seemed that when we are still in la la land, someone or something apparently stole our supplies and took off with it. While perhaps I could say that I had little issues with it because I has the choice of eating one of you three should the situation called for it, the fact that the foot print was still there perhaps would mean that this insolent thief had not been gone for too long.

Would any of you be kind enough to track down the little sheet?"

8GrkkS0.png

There was more talking. Latias warned them that continuing would result in fighting. Ari was...sick of fighting. Well, maybe. He wasn't really sick of fighting, but of the fact that he couldn't fight. He couldn't protect those he wanted to even when he tried. And that was...unacceptable. He was just weak.

"That's fine." Mac said suddenly. "I mean...I wanted to grow strong. I can't do that if I just sit around. I don't know about these two but I'm going to keep going and face whatever comes my way."

Ari wasn't sure how Mac could act the way she could. How she could stand not being able to do anything. Didn't it ever get too much for her? As the Litleo thought that over, Melody said goodbye to Latias, crying. Today was just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, and nothing anybody said would change his mind on that.

Kazo scooped up Ari, picking him up and placing him on his shoulders. "Up you go, Ari. Just one last thing before we head to the inn," He looked over to Mac. "Hey, Boss, I'm going to try to recruit a new 'lackey'." The dragon ran after Melody, yelling after her before she disappeared into a house. "Hey! Wh-what will you do now? It's hard to grow strong b-by yourself, and it's dangerous to g-go alone."

Ari looked at the girl before agreeing. "Y-yeah," he sniffled. "Safety in numbers, right?" He didn't really care what the water type did, but whatever Kazo was thinking, he'd try and help him out.

--

qZU0awZ.png

"None taken," Fawkes responded, straightening her hair out afterward. Easter's smile widened at that.. It didn't matter whether she were that Child or not, she was still special to him.

"You heard him, I'm not a kid, I'm a potato!"

Easter glanced at the Wooper. That one's also...special. In a different way.

Brooke nodded, tugging her scarf tighter around her neck. “You can be sure that Lugia is talking about someone he’s deemed important, or maybe, someone the legendaries as a group have decided they’ve got protect. There’s no telling,” she shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest. “This is all too strange for my tastes. I don’t want to get caught up in this anymore than I already am. I just want to reach Mioter, and try to find a safe place to recuperate.”

The Sylveon glanced at her with a hint of worry. The Emboar had recently strained herself performing Susanoo, and despite her words, Easter still wasn't sure that she was back to one hundred percent. "That might be a good idea," he muttered.

She excused herself soon afterward. “I’m gonna go back below deck. Being able to see the sea has me feeling a little sick to my stomach. I wasn’t ever meant to be this far out to sea.” She turned to face Dora and Fawkes, patting the former on the head and smiling genuinely. “Come on down if you need anything, alright?”

"Waaaaaaiiiiittttttttt!" Dora said as she ran after Brooke. "I need to know what potatoes dooooooooooooooo!"

"Maybe they live in Mioter?" the Zorua suggested, on the topic of the chosen Child.

"That may be the case...," Denku muttered, pausing to think. "Hey, can legends have children?" He asked. "Maybe the 'Child' is his own. With that scar, it would be hard to defend them on his own."

"I don't see why legendaries wouldn't be able to have children, but I've only heard of one," Easter answered. "Manaphy, Prince of the Sea. Though its offspring don't hold nearly the same power." He thought for a second, "And maybe it is his child, but then that's pretty careless of him to just foist it onto us."

--

L4AHmu4.png

Keanu hadn't expected his job to be as trying as it actually was. When Randy wished him luck with his job, he had replied with a, "Mahalo, same to you," but there hadn't been any real worry. Then again, he hadn't expected the group of keiki--children, either. He had mixed feelings watching them, especially the little Lapras that was struggling to swim by itself, so much like him. He gulped, tearing his eyes away from the boy.

Only to almost jump in shock at the sight of a...strange gijinka with odd comma-shaped eyebrows, her hair in two large buns on the side. She had a familiar blue tail behind her, so maybe she was a Poliwag? Adarid Poliwag sure were strange-looking. Cute though.

"Alo--there," he corrected himself. "Ya havin' fun?" he added on politely.

She stared at him for a good long while, causing him to fidget uncomfortably. Finally, she opened her mouth. "Mister you're handsome. Mama said that handsome men are no good. But you seem good. Do you wanna be my husband?"

Huh? "Ehhh, fo' real? Aren't you a little too young to be worryin' about that?" he told her. Marie would have a field day with this one.

The girl seemed to ignore his words, but she clung to him from then on, nonstop.

"Mister mister that boy over there is eating sand should we stop him?"

"Fo' real?! Oh, no," he ran over there, grabbing the Surskit to stop him from eating. "Ey, stop, you're not a Sandygast," he joked. The boy didn't seem to get it though, just staring at him blankly. What, do they not have Sandygast in Adarid?

Whenever he solved one problem, another would pop up. This kid was throwing rocks at another one. This one hadn't come up from the water yet, and it had been a couple minutes. This one got pinched by a crab. That one cut himself on a sharp shell. Then there was the kid that swam out too far and started to drown. Not to mention the one that still hadn't left his side.

"Can I hug you mister?"

Keanu considered himself fairly mild-mannered, but even he was starting to get annoyed, especially when she followed him to the lua--bathroom. "Ey, little wahine--I mean, missy. Don't you want to build a sandcastle? Or, uhh, swim with the others? Over there, that girl's gathering sand dollars. Looks fun, right?"

Archived