Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Team Showdown

"That would be...inadvisable."

"Tch...Like I even care!  I don't even know what inadvisable means!"  She leaned over, snapping at the Accelgor.  "Listen pipsqueak...nothing's been going my way lately, and I wanna let loose.  This place seems like the perfect place to-"  Before she could continue, the cold sensation of steel scraped against her shoulder.  Taiga winced a bit before turning over to see Scarlet was holding her back.  

"Taiga, please...they've been through enough...I know you're frustrated, we'll work something out.  Hey, how about we do some sparring outside the city? It'll help you blow off some stream without causing trouble here.  Plus, it's me you're mad at, right? It'll be fun."

Taiga couldn't help but grin.  

"Red...you really piss me off sometimes, you know that?!  I wanted to run wild in this place...but I wouldn't mind showing you what this shark is made of either!"  She said, cracking her neck.  As Scarlet wandered off, Taiga followed farther behind.  It was as if some blood was let loose in the water..Taiga could almost taste it against her tongue.  This probably wasn't a good idea, seeing as how her stomach growled for food...but she was never fond of food from a tin can.  As they exited the city, Taiga stretched her legs, getting as low to the ground as possible, stretching muscles that hadn't been since her time on the S.S. Showdown.  "What do you want your Tombstone to say, Red?  Here lies the girl who never found any treasure?  Fufufufu!"  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kazo listened to Ryu's speech, and he clenched his fist. He looked down at his fist, wondering why this man's words made him so... angry? It took him a minute, but he figured it out. He looked over to Ryu, growling. "I'm sorry for what happened to you, but stop kidding yourself. You were never a hero!" He called out. "A hero is someone who does the right thing and helps others, no matter what people think of him! What you were was a sports star!" He snapped. "And I'm not even claiming I'm a hero. I'm far too weak and cowardly to be one, but comparing us, I'm a hell of a lot closer to being one than you ever were!" He took a runner's stance, watching Ryu's move. He gritted his teeth as his body began to vibrate slightly as he prepared to take off. A silent signal went off in his brain and he took off, running as fast as he could. However, instead of dashing straight at Ryu, he began to run circles around the other dragon, him being a blur as he ran around him, the winds starting to follow around him. 

He kept running, waiting for the crucial moment his legs heated up from the friction. It took a few seconds, but he could feel the burning in his legs. He stopped, suddenly turning at Ryu and dashed him, spinning through the air as he went for a heated kick straight at Ryu's neck.

Denku sighed to himself as he listened to the questions he got from the others.

"Someone important?" the smallest one known as Fawkes inquired. "What do they look like?"

"Is he strong?" The one known as Easter asked. Denku really didn't like the way the... fairy asked that.

"Well, I haven't seen him in a while, but he was a pretty tall Gible when I last saw him, so I imagine he's a pretty tall Gabite at this point. Probably still wearing that drill a Chaser gave him, and he had blue hair with yellow tips," He told Fawkes. He then glared at Easter. "I used to protect him from Fairy and Ice types, so I don't think so. I also would appreciate it if you don't pick on my younger brother," He then went to follow Dora. "Hey, don't leave without us!" He called out.

Soon, they found a ship captain, and Dora tried to tell him what they wanted, but the words weren't coming out. Denku chuckled and decided to take over. "We're trying to get to Mioter. We'd be thankful if you can help us in this endeavor. If you were to take us, how much do you want?" He didn't expect this for free, after all.

jOzNrUn.png

Poké: 290

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

Kah's bite did exactly what it was meant to do. That is to say, get the Tentacruel out of the picture. He seemed done for. However, his Tentacool buddies weren't, and the lot of them seemed content to wrap up both Kah and Latias in tentacles, then slam the two dragons into one another before pulling them under the water again. Kah took a deep breath as she was once again brought under the surface. She was not an aquatic fighter, and was not pleased with being pulled under. Kah tried to break free with raw strength, but that didn't seem to do her any favors. Perhaps because she was in their element now. She had to think of something. Think...

Come to think of it, I remember hearing these two Legends can read minds. Kah glanced in Latias's direction as she remembered. Does she know? It would be bad luck if she did. Kah shook her head, clearing her mind of the goal she'd initially arrived with. If she focused on her goal of killing Latios and Latias, she ran the risk of getting attacked by the latter right here and now, which would stack the odds massively against her. If her fight against Regirock was any indicator, she wasn't killing these Legends without the help of those wretched twins. Talk about a no-win scenario. For now, she had to think about ways to get back up to the surface, which meant dealing with these Tentacool. If she didn't, she'd drown eventually.

You can read thoughts right? If so, I sure hope you're reading mine, because I hate to say it, but I'm not getting out of this on my own. Hit the Tentacool holding me up; if you can do that and I can get out, I can set you free. Then we deal with these losers and get back to the surface for the real fight. Sound good? Kah hoped this worked out, though with the situation as it was, she had a glimmer of doubt that it would go so smoothly.

rSmNb2O.png

Poké: 800

Inventory: Dusk Stone

"Someone important? What do they look like?"

"Is he strong?"

"Well, I haven't seen him in a while, but he was a pretty tall Gible when I last saw him, so I imagine he's a pretty tall Gabite at this point. Probably still wearing that drill a Chaser gave him, and he had blue hair with yellow tips. I used to protect him from Fairy and Ice types, so I don't think so. I also would appreciate it if you don't pick on my younger brother."

His brother? Fawkes listened in on the details Denku gave out about the important person. Making up a person's appearance from scratch - even with some guidelines - was difficult. The idea in her head was that she could create an illusion with the right general idea, then tweak it from there until she knew exactly what the missing person looked like. Then it was just a matter of finding him. Perhaps getting some leads by pretending to have amnesia under the guise of the Gabite? Fawkes's plan would have to wait a bit, however. Dora was heading for the docks. Without them.

"Hey, don't leave without us!"

"Wait up!" Fawkes agreed, running on her little legs to catch up to Dora. It wasn't a difficult task; Dora didn't seem to be an especially fast runner. The group went over to the docks, where a captain was there. Dora tried explaining - apparently - but she wasn't doing a very good job of it. Thankfully, Denku knew how to articulate the group's intent.

"We're trying to get to Mioter. We'd be thankful if you can help us in this endeavor. If you were to take us, how much do you want?"

Fawkes glanced at the bag hanging from her side, with her money in it. I don't want to pitch in. But I might have to. Though that doesn't mean I want to. Call it an old habit from the place that was once home, but Fawkes had money, and she wasn't exactly willing to part with it so easily. An idea crossed the Zorua's mind. Adding on to Denku's explanation and question, Fawkes stated "The city's not in good shape at all, but our group did just save at least the people in Coldharbour. A discount should be in order, right? Maybe...half-off?"

Ari listened to the one dragon guy talk, and then Kazo respond. "You used to be a hero?" he asked. "But..." he shook his head. "It's like what Kazo said. True heroes, for them it doesn't matter what the world thinks of them. Or even if it does, that doesn't stop them from doing the right thing. Giving up like that, that's not heroic at all."

Soon afterward, a Hydro Pump was shot toward him, but Mac ended up jumping in the way and taking it, causing Suiten to cast her a concerned look. "That...all you got?" she laughed.

The Samurott's concern spurred him to greater speeds, but was stopped by Ken's Dragon Claw. "Not this time," the Salamence growled. "I don't know who you are but you're in our way." Ken aimed his Dragon Claw at Suiten, forcing him to dodge the attack. However Ken then raised his hand in the air, and made a swift motion as if he was throwing something to the ground. Above Suiten a large, glowing, orb came crashing down. The strongest Dragon move, Draco Meteor.

Suiten groaned in pain as the move hit, lying there stunned. That was...well, he hadn't expected such power. Perhaps he had gotten...a bit overconfident. He curled up on his side, trying to get his breath back.

Ari ran at the dragon guy once more with a Headbutt. I'm going to do what I can, he thought.

--

"Well, I haven't seen him in a while, but he was a pretty tall Gible when I last saw him, so I imagine he's a pretty tall Gabite at this point. Probably still wearing that drill a Chaser gave him, and he had blue hair with yellow tips," Denku--pffft--explained. He then glared at Easter. "I used to protect him from Fairy and Ice types, so I don't think so. I also would appreciate it if you don't pick on my younger brother," He then went to follow Dora. "Hey, don't leave without us!" He called out.

Easter grinned after he turned his back. How interesting. Most assumed he would be interested for...other reasons, yet this one was immediately on the defensive. Old wounds, perhaps? Still, even if this important person was a dragon type, his appearance didn't ring a bell. He also didn't seem like a potential target, if he had to be protected. Pity. At least Denku was interesting enough to make up for it.

After reaching the boats, Dora's stammered out a rather...haphazard explanation about what they wanted and where they wanted to go. Easter was about to explain when Denku took it upon himself to. "We're trying to get to Mioter. We'd be thankful if you can help us in this endeavor. If you were to take us, how much do you want?" He didn't expect this for free, after all.

"The city's not in good shape at all, but our group did just save at least the people in Coldharbour. A discount should be in order, right? Maybe...half-off?"

Easter hid a proud smile. A fox after my own heart, he thought. "Please," he added, adding a touch of exhaustion to his act, hoping to ham up the "hero" bit, which wasn't that hard considering he was exhausted. Though it was a pleasant kind, the kind he craved, couldn't do without. Battler's exhaustion.

Juyu Team Showdown

It seemed like Taiga was down for Scarlets idea. "Red...you really piss me off sometimes, you know that?! I wanted to run wild in this place...but I wouldn't mind showing you what this shark is made of either!" They had found themselves in isolation, not too far from Juyu. Scarlet started stretching alongside her shark friend, before taking her place in front of Taiga. "What do you want your Tombstone to say, Red? Here lies the girl who never found any treasure? Fufufufu!"

"My my! Confident, are we?" She said, looking around her to make sure that no one would get into harms way. After making sure that the area was secure, she returned her attention to Taiga, doing a short dance before finishing on a defensive stance. "Don't go holding back now!" She gestured Taiga to initiate the attack.

EOlaaCE.png?1

After having successfully parleyed with the guards, sort of, they had managed to gain entry into the city. While Nine was a bit concerned about what the current state of the city was going to be, he was also concerned with the sudden collapse of Clotilde. And while he was thankful that her sudden fall managed to get them in, he knew that it would probably be best to get her checked out as soon as they could. However, because the guards were wary enough and Lok wasn't the best equipped for the job, it fell to Nine to carry the agron while she was disabled. Helping get her up on his back, the man piggy backed her as he followed the rest of the crew into the city. 

The scene displayed before them was not a pretty one. The city had looked far, far worse then it looked when they were here not two weeks ago, almost as though a hurricane had ran through it. While Nine was curious just as to what was going on here, his thoughts were a bit taken by something much heavier. As the guard asked if they would need to go find a doctor, Nine's voice was strained as he said, "yes, that would be good." He followed close behind the group, but the steps he took were laden with effort, strain coming into his breaths and his arms feeling particularly stressed. This agron was quite heavy. Carrying her had proven to be no easy task for the houndoom, but he wasn't about to just go and, literally, let down the woman. 

While he was able to manage this and keep a still calm face in it, though quivers appeared here and there through it, the group was eventually jumped by a group of younger looking thugs. While they seemed to want to mug the group, Nine's strained patience had hit a boiling point as he momentarily gave an angered glare towards the group of hoodlums. "You know," he started, before putting his face into a more upbeat yet still annoyed face. "People representing the citizens shouldn't go around mugging civilians. So please," he gave a strained smile at the group saying, "go promote your cause elsewhere."

Team Karaoke, Day 22, Adarid City

The rebels looked around at each other in discomfort. This group seemed to be in poor condition, yet they were still willing to fight them. And the Houndoom even decided to give them a lecture.

The guard stepped between what seemed to be the leader and the others, shakily telling them to keep away. This, unfortunately, served to just make the rebels more confident.

"Hey where do you get off talking to us like that? Yer either with us or yer with them. And if yer with them then we can't just let you go!"

The rebels nodded to each other, resolve brought back. They pressed closer to the group threateningly. "So which is it? You with the Emperor or against him?"

Gwen wasn't sure how to resolve this situation. She didn't want a fight, and goodness she didn't want Lok to be the one to start it, but was the only way to avoid a fight to go against this Emperor? She didn't know much about the man, granted, but that seemed like a really dangerous line of thinking.

Fiona didn't seem to have as much of a problem with deciding what to do. She stepped forward with her hands raised, towards the group's leader. "If we were against him what would we have to do? I...I don't want to fight anyone, but if he's really that bad then I-I certainly don't want to help him either."

The leader seemed to relax a bit. "Well all you gotta do in that case is give us that guard. We won't kill him or nothin' but we gotta take as many of em out of the fight as we can or we won't never win this."

Team Showdown, Day 20, Juyu

Kayla was ready for a fight, this Sharpedo seemed to be the dangerous sort. One who didn't care about who they hurt.

But then her companion intervened, and offered to fight her instead. It was...a strange decision but it seemed that Kayla wouldn't have to worry about this girl for now. That isn't to say that she would just leave them be, however. It just meant that for now they were preoccupied. She'd leave and talk to Aegon, let him know about the potential threat...He might like getting out to do something besides paperwork.

In a moment Kayla was gone, out of sight of the group.

Isole watched Taiga and Scarlet with some amount of understanding. This she could get. The crew of the S.S. Showdown often fought each other like this. Though Taiga seemed to be more...bloodthirsty than them.

She told them she wasn't going to watch, that she was going to see if she could find a way to get to their next destination easier, and then left the two to their own devices.

As Taiga and Scarlet began their fight, a Xatu found themselves stumbling across the curious scene.

Team Mac, Day 15, Southshore

"I'm sorry for what happened to you, but stop kidding yourself. You were never a hero!" He called out. "A hero is someone who does the right thing and helps others, no matter what people think of him! What you were was a sports star!" He snapped. "And I'm not even claiming I'm a hero. I'm far too weak and cowardly to be one, but comparing us, I'm a hell of a lot closer to being one than you ever were!"

Ryu watched Kazo's movements with a vicious smirk on his face. "You really don't know anything, kid. Heroes like that, they don't exist. You know why? Cause a hero is only made by the people. The people who decide to put some poor sap on a pedestal. That's all a hero is. Someone that a buncha people just decided was going to be a hero. And that's why they're so quick to break the pedestal. funk that, I say, they want to toss me away then I'll just toss this whole damn world away."

As Kazo went for his kick, Ryu moved an arm up to block the attack. This young Dragon was too slow, too obvious, to land such a critical hit on Ryu. However the Salamence didn't take into account just how much force would be in that kick. There was a snapping sound as he felt his arm break. It wasn't a full break but it would be difficult to use that arm for a while, though not impossible.

"Damn kid got me good I'll admit that." Ryu said with a laugh. Latios went to take advantage of the wound and fired off another Dragon Pulse. Ryu took the blow and pushed through, grinning wildly as he rushed towards the surprised Legend.

Ryu launched a point blank Fire Blast at Latios, who immediately put up a Protect to stop it.

Seeing the Salamence's grin widen Latios realizes his mistake as Ryu slashed across his chest with a Dragon Claw before flying backwards.

"Not playing around anymore; someone's gonna die and they're gonna die now." He raised his arm, much like Ken earlier, and formed a Draco Meteor.

Instinctively Latios sent up another Protect; but no attack came. Instead it began falling down on Latias, who was struggling free of the Tentacool group's Wrap.

Latios knew that his sister was in danger if that hit, with how much the lower leveled Gijinka had weakened her defenses. He air dashed at a speed that was nearly impossible to see, the speed that Kazo had so much admired, and put himself in the way of the attack.

He let out a single cry of pain. Everything seemed to slow down as the legend fell. He hit the water with a resounding crash and didn't move. He lay there, face down in the water, his back covered in a terrible wound.

And then his body began to fade, forming small crystals of light into the air.

Ryu had done as he said. Latios was dead.

---

Latias, who was struggling to understand what Kah was asking, her thoughts being difficult for Latias to read, simply continued to struggle against the tentacles, launching Mist Balls at the Tentacool, taking a couple out but the rest continued their tactic.

When Latios dove in front of her it was like her entire world ended. She watched him fall and stared in disbelief. As she felt the life leave his body the life left her eyes as well. She stopped struggling against the Tentacool as she looked upon her brother.

---

Ken was struck by another Headbutt. These kids were baffling. As he turned his attention to Ari, Mac attacked again, jumping into the air and Pounding him in the face with her fist.

He swiped at Mac with a Dragon Claw. The girl dropped down to avoid it, though her landing was less than graceful and she landed on her backside.

While preparing to capitalize on this, Ken stopped suddenly. Latias's cry drew everyone's attention. A small smile crossed his face, a look of pride at his brother's accomplishments. They were halfway done now.

So it's time to finish these three off. Ken used yet another Dragon Dance.

Mac was staring open-mouthed at the sight before her. How...but...they were the heroes, they were all heroic, and still...he's...

No, no. No. Mac couldn't give up. They had to save Latias. As Ken danced she began to Charge.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 15, Coldharbour

The boat captain looked at the group. "You people...are so kind." He said, taking off his hat and scratching his head with a bit of embarrassment. "You saved us yet...you're wanting to pay me still. It's a beautiful thing." He gave a teary look towards the horizon and then nodded. Slapping his hat back on he gave them a thumbs up. "The price...is free!"

Dora cheered, though she didn't quite understand the importance of his words, and ran up the ramp that connected the boat to the land. She began to explore the boat, which wasn't large but still large enough to hold cargo and a dozen or so people. The captain bowed to the group and told them to come on whenever they wanted. They would set sail the moment they gave the word.

He had a bit of a concerned expression on his face. "Gonna be tough though, last I knew the route to Mioter was full of whirlpools. But worry not, this old boat has gotten me through many a storm. Just...make sure the kids aren't near the edge when we get close."

Dora turned to the group and hopped up and down. "Hurry up everyone let's gooooooo!"

"You really don't know anything, kid. Heroes like that, they don't exist. You know why? Cause a hero is only made by the people. The people who decide to put some poor sap on a pedestal. That's all a hero is. Someone that a buncha people just decided was going to be a hero. And that's why they're so quick to break the pedestal. f*** that, I say, they want to toss me away then I'll just toss this whole damn world away."

"That's the coward's way out!"  Kazo snapped as he threw his kick. The Salamence held up his arm, causing Kazo to grit his teeth. However, to both of their surprises, there was a loud snapping noise. Did he... break his arm? Well, whatever worked, he supposed.

"Damn kid got me good I'll admit that." Ryu said with a laugh. Kazo couldn't imagine laughing with a broken arm. Is this what everyone thought dragons were like? If that was the case, no wonder why everyone kept bullying him as a kid... Latios attempted to fire a Dragon Pulse, but Ryu managed to power on through and hit Latios with a Dragon Claw.

"Not playing around anymore; someone's gonna die and they're gonna die now." He raised his arm, and to Kaz's horror, he saw a Draco Meteor being formed above them. Both of them expected Ryu to throw it at Latios, as the legend threw up a Protect. However... that wasn't the case. He fired on Latias. Kazo watched as the attack fell to the earth. He had to go! He start to run off, when Latios took off. For one second, Kazo got to see a speed that was dazzling, one nearly beyond comprehension. As a dreamer that adored the wind, he was graced with something beautiful.

It would be the last time he saw such a thing. 

Latios took the hit, and fell to the waters, unmoving, a large wound on his back. The effect was instant on both Latias and Kazo, both in shock. The only thing that got him out of the shock was Latias's cry. Kazo stood up slowly and turned back to Ryu. No words were said as he took a breath. Grieving could wait. For now, he would protect Latias. That was all he could do.

He ran off, running around Ryu, thinking about what to do. He could see him. He was faster, stronger. All Kazo could do was hope to fight smarter. When he felt his leg heat up again, he dashed at Ryu. He knew that Ryu could track him, seeing how he blocked his kick, and there was no way he would try to block that with that broken arm. He would dodge or counter. There was only one way he could think of in the heat of the moment to deal with this. He went for the kick, raising his leg. However, that was nothing but a feint.

He quickly brought the foot down, using it as leverage to launch him into the air. He spun through the air, raising his other foot over Ryu's head, ready to bring it down for a mighty axe kick.

"You people...are so kind." The captian said, taking off his hat and scratching his head with a bit of embarrassment. "You saved us yet...you're wanting to pay me still. It's a beautiful thing." Slapping his hat back on he gave them a thumbs up. "The price...is free!" Denku was surprised by this, but he decided he shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. 

"Thank you very much," He said as he bowed slightly. 

"Gonna be tough though, last I knew the route to Mioter was full of whirlpools. But worry not, this old boat has gotten me through many a storm. Just...make sure the kids aren't near the edge when we get close." The captain added. 

"Right," He says, nodding. He hadn't been around these kids for long, but he figured Fawkes wouldn't be so silly as to stand near the edge. Dora on the other hand...

"Hurry up everyone let's gooooooo!" Speak of the devil. 

"Alright, alright, we're coming," He said to Dora as he started to board the boat. "You two excited?" He asked Fawkes and Dora before turning to Easter. "So... how do you want to do this? Take turns watching both at once, or both of us watching one each at all times?" Either way worked for him... even if he was beyond exhausted.

jOzNrUn.png

Kah watched as a Draco Meteor fell from the sky. The strongest of Dragon-Type attacks; something she admired greatly. It was always something she had wanted to learn, but she never really saw the chance. And yet, here was that technique being shown right in front of her...on a collision course with Latias. However, faster than she could make out, Latios was suddenly on the spot, taking the hit for his sister...and falling to the water's surface. She had to admit, it was her first time seeing somebody die right there in front of her. It wasn't the rush she'd always imagined it would be. It was actually a real dampener on her mood.

And yet, she was still taking it far better than Latias - evidenced by the dragon's cry - not that that was any sort of surprise. While Latios was well and truly dead in the physical sense, Latias...she seemed more dead in the spiritual sense. Killing you would probably be a favor now. At least you'd be reunited with Latios. Was this that time the frea--rather, that Gardevoir woman had told Kah about? She said she'd know when the time had come, and everything in Kah's gut told her just that. The time had come. It would have been faster to just swim over there and give Latias a fistful of draconic power if Kah wasn't wrapped up by these Tentacool, and end her like that, but that wasn't possible right now. Not to mention, anyone who could see Latias would see the action, and her cry was sure to have gotten everyone's attention. Kah wanted to do this, but she wanted to make sure nobody - least of all Kazo - suspected her.

As such, Kah put her hands as deep under the water's surface as she could. It's what I have to do. I hope you'll understand. With that thought having passed through the Hydreigon's mind, Kah charged up a Dragon Pulse from her hand, and fired it directly at Latias. Hopefully, it would end her.

rSmNb2O.png

"You people...are so kind. You saved us yet...you're wanting to pay me still. It's a beautiful thing. The price...is free!"

Even better.

"Thank you very much."

"Yes, thank you," Fawkes echoed, bowing her head respectfully toward the captain as she made her way onto the boat. Her ears perked up as she listened to the mention of the route to Mioter having whirlpools, but also the mention that they should be just fine as long as Fawkes and Dora didn't stay near the edges of the boat as they neared them. It was as simple as not staying near the edges then. Fawkes could do that, but Dora...

"Hurry up everyone let's gooooooo!"

Dora was totally oblivious to danger, Fawkes had concluded. Even when she'd been kidnapped, she was just fine with it. She'd have to be watched closely to make sure she didn't do something dangerous.

"Alright, alright, we're coming. You two excited?"

"Yes," Fawkes answered. "I would have liked to visit Fryst on the way here, but a floating city...I'm mostly just eager to see if it actually exists." At this rate, the White Fury will probably leave Mount Icecrown before we ever get there. I guess I'll have to drop that for now. Effectively losing the trail of her idol was a bit of a downer. She had the whole trip there figured out in her head, and it was all for nothing. What a shame.

Ari grinned to himself. He and Mac made a good team! Between the two of them, they were able to keep Ken busy, and they were just kids! He rushed forward for another Headbutt, stopping when the dragon swiped at Mac with a Dragon Claw. She managed to avoid it, though, which was good. "Go Mac!" he cheered.

However, his good mood was short-lived. Soon afterward, Latias let out a pained cry, and Ari's head swiveled to look at her. Oh, good, she wasn't hurt. And then his eyes narrowed in on the body of her brother. Oh. Oh no. Oh, by the Lifebringer, no! If only the Lifebringer were here, though. Because Latios was undeniably dead.

Ari's hands balled into fists. Never again, he had thought. When next he found a legendary, he would protect it, protect it from the evil gijinka out to do it harm. Regirock, at least, wasn't entirely his fault, because he hadn't been there for that. He had left already, with the rest of the group. But, this time, it was undeniably his fault. Because he was here, and he was staring right at Latios' dead body, which would return to grass and the Circle of Life would resume, but nobody had ever told him what would happen if a legendary died. Because wouldn't that actually be disrupting the Circle of Life?

"No," he whispered. "No, no, no, no!" he cried out, eyes swimming with unshed tears. "This is...so..." he had thought, next time he faced down a Godslayer, that he'd be stronger, strong enough to protect a legendary gijinka, but he was still too weak. What was the use of trying to be strong, when no matter what, everybody was just going to be that much better than him?

A young Litleo gijinka stared at his father from a distance. "Disciple," the others said. "Disciples are strong." They looked at Ari. "Still too young." His uncle, not even sparing him a glance. "You?" he scoffed. "Be king? Xerneas' next disciple? Are you kidding me?" He examined his cuticles idly, pausing, a grin growing on his face. "If you want to be those things, then prove it. Prove your worth. That's the only way you'll ever get either. Why don't you become a Chaser, and take down the legends themselves? I'm sure your father will be proud," he turned to face the Litleo then, green eyes seeming to glow in the predawn light. "Run away, Ari. Run..." and then, so quietly, that the Litleo wasn't sure if he heard it right or not, "Run away and never return."

He had run. He had been on the road for over two years now, growing stronger. He had learned that lions weren't the only species that mattered, that even non-lions had good things to say. He had seen a non-lion show the courage and heart of a lion, had seen that even in the face of fear, that Kazo had done what he thought to be the right thing. He was so sure that he would grow, especially training alongside a gijinka like Kazo.

But he had only failed, not just once now but twice. What kind of Chaser was he? Did he really have to wait till he was older? But Mac...she wasn't much older but she was a lot stronger. What was the difference between them? What made her so much better at...everything? True, she was overconfident, but she wasn't weak either.

Not like him.

A powerful feeling crushed down on the young lion. As if he had been hit by a Draco Meteor himself. Ari shook his head, sinking to the ground, and began to cry.

Meanwhile, Suiten had recovered enough to pay attention to his surroundings, eyes widening with a mixture of shock, anguish, and terror when he saw Latios. "No..." he murmured. "This can't be..."

He staggered to his feet, trying to shake off the fear, the absolute certainty that this wasn't going to go well. It had started badly, was going badly now, and would probably end badly too. Not to mention he was quite certainly on his last legs. He would not be able to take many more direct attacks, much less another Draco Meteor. But... He glanced at the others. He couldn't leave them either, no matter how hopeless the situation. Running forward, ignoring the wounds that screamed at him to just collapse right then and there, the Samurott let loose a blast of icy breath, aimed straight at Ken. No time to worry over things anymore. There was no time. He just had to fight and hopefully distract these two enough for the rest to form a tactical retreat...or win, if that was possible.

--

The boat captain looked at the group. "You people...are so kind." He said, taking off his hat and scratching his head with a bit of embarrassment. "You saved us yet...you're wanting to pay me still. It's a beautiful thing." He gave a teary look towards the horizon and then nodded. Slapping his hat back on he gave them a thumbs up. "The price...is free!"

Easter grinned, this time genuinely. He wasn't really rolling in riches anymore, and ferry tickets weren't cheap. "Thank you," he said while Dora cheered.

The captain bowed to the group, and the Sylveon bowed back, which probably looked odd in his current attire, but manners were manners, after all. After boarding the boat, the captain warned, "Gonna be tough though, last I knew the route to Mioter was full of whirlpools. But worry not, this old boat has gotten me through many a storm. Just...make sure the kids aren't near the edge when we get close."

"Whirlpools, hm?" Easter muttered, before looking up. "Then thank you again, cap'n." he paused, embarrassed to note just how easily his voice slid back into sailor slang. "You didn't have to do this."

Soon afterward, Denku--oh he would never get tired of that name--turned to him, having been speaking with the children before. "So... how do you want to do this? Take turns watching both at once, or both of us watching one each at all times?"

"Honestly, Fawkes won't be a problem," the Sylveon replied. "Dora's the one to watch. So we probably only need one pair of eyes at a time." He yawned, "Not to mention, I'm exhausted, and you probably are too. Not resting will just exacerbate the problem."

Adarid Team Karaoke

Nine's words didn't seem to get through to the rebels, as they continued to press on with their advances. Nervously, Lok glanced around at his teammates, looking for someone to take the lead. Luckily, Fiona had stepped up. "If we were against him what would we have to do? I...I don't want to fight anyone, but if he's really that bad then I-I certainly don't want to help him either." Lok sighed with relief as the rebels seemed to become less tense as they heard her words. "Well all you gotta do in that case is give us that guard. We won't kill him or nothin' but we gotta take as many of em out of the fight as we can or we won't never win this." Lok tensed up a bit. He wasn't too keen on leaving the guard to them, especially since he had guided them this far. However, he also didn't want to deal with the rebels, especially not with Clotilde being sick and all. Plus, they did say that they wouldn't kill him. Uncertain, he turned his head to Gwen and Nine, arms still raised defensively. "What should we do?" He asked them, instinctively stepping back a bit away from the rebels.

Adarid Again/ ~

Barely aware of the situation, Clotilde was woken up by the noise, to find the group surrounded by trouble again. Adarid rebels...and they seemed to be demanding the guard who was accompanying them? Becoming more awake she noticed Nine was carrying her and he looked unhappy about this situation. Lok turned to him and Gwen to ask what they should do. Fiona was slightly ahead of them, facing the...gang leader. The amount of gangs she's encountered ever since she met this group was downright unnatural. How many gang leaders was this now? This one was more of a rebel leader she guessed.

She tapped Nine's shoulder to get  his attention, as she felt her voice was barely loud enough to reach everyone. "I know not what's happening...but this guard was doing us a favor. Turning him to them would be shameful. And you can...let me down too."

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine could start to feel his blood boiling, both from the strange confidence and pushiness these rebels were having with them. He was already off-put by them, but the added strain of having to carry around one of the heaviest species of gijinka to exist was not doing any favors for his mood. While he was ready to tell these people off, it seemed that Fiona had tried to do some diplomacy, but all that meant was they were going to have to betray the guard who was helping them out. Of course, Nine felt for the guard and couldn't ever bring himself to sacrifice the Flaffy, not to mention he had a slight soft spot for the guard of Adarid. And he wasn't quite sure if these guys were actually revolutionaries or just a group looking to mug people with an excuse. Before he could say anything to this group, though, Nine felt a tapping on his shoulder. Looking over to see that it was Clotilde, Nine could only feel a large sense of elation run through him as the girl told him he could put her down. 

While Nine's face was still slightly strained and had a more neutral expression on it, inside he was practically dancing with joy. While he was half-tempted to just drop the girl out of his arms, didn't want to do anything so rude to her. As such he said, "oh, well if you're fine with it." Slowly lowering himself, he let go of the girl when he was sure her feet would hit the ground without any stumbles and supported her up a bit before letting her go. Stretching out his arms briefly, Nine seemed to have renewed vigor in him as he looked at the gang before him. Pointing at the girl he said, "well there you have it. We have a friend who's sick and needs help, and this fine Flaffy has elected to lead us to a doctor. So we can't possibly turn them over to you. And if you're worried about needing to take them out of a fight well, just look." Nine pointed towards the guard who was quite clearly nervous about the whole thing. "It's not like they're gonna pose much of a threat to you. So we need to get going and fast, so I'd appreciate it if you just let us pass without incident and here." Nine pulled out a can of Lemonade from his pocket, saying, "I'll even throw in this to sweeten the deal."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Team Showdown: Juyu

"My my! Confident, are we?" She said, looking around her to make sure that no one would get into harms way. After making sure that the area was secure, she returned her attention to Taiga, doing a short dance before finishing on a defensive stance. "Don't go holding back now!" 

As Scarlet did her dance, Taiga looked on at the display with a perplexed look.  If that was her attempt at a mating dance...it was a pretty sad one. 

"I thought by spar, you meant a fight...not a dance off."  Taiga got into a racing stance, before grinning widely.  "And I'm quite confident as a matter of fact...confident that I'm gonna kick that red can keister of yours!"  Taiga bolted off, before coating the ground she ran on with a thin layer of water, almost skating on it as she ran.  She made sure to run circles around Scarlet, and nipping at her from all angles with her sharp teeth.  With that distraction, she then launched herself into the air with a giant geyser of water, that reached high into the sun.  As Taiga reached the apex of her ascent, the water she had risen on wrapped around her feet.  She did a somersault, while also pulling the water geyser from it's spot, following her inertia.  

"I'll end this with one blow red!  You're the one that told me not to hold back right!?"  Taiga sneered, as she dropped down from the sky, her leg extended, followed by a pillar of water that roared as it followed Taiga's descent.  This Falling Water would surely knock the tin can off her feet.  

Brooke struggled to gather her thoughts, once she knew that Dora and Fawkes were safe. Physically, she’d been in much more pain than she currently was, but she felt drained on a spiritual level. Similar to how one felt when they were depressed, but a thousand times worse. She followed the group to the harbor, keeping her eyes on Dora, but thoroughly zoned out.

"Hurry up everyone let's gooooooo!" Dora bounced up and down, excited, causing Brooke to return to the land of the living. The Emboar briefly wondered if Dora had ever been on a boat before. She knew precious little, in all honesty, about the adorable child's life before she had become her caretaker.

"Alright, alright, we're coming," Denku said to Dora as he started to board the boat. "You two excited?" He asked Fawkes and Dora before turning to Easter. "So... how do you want to do this? Take turns watching both at once, or both of us watching one each at all times?"

"Honestly, Fawkes won't be a problem," the Sylveon replied. "Dora's the one to watch. So we probably only need one pair of eyes at a time." He yawned, "Not to mention, I'm exhausted, and you probably are too. Not resting will just exacerbate the problem."

Brooke chose that moment to remind them of her presence. “I’ll keep an eye on her,” she said, casting both of the Gijinka an awry glance. “We shouldn’t leave tonight, though. The sun’s about to set, and we’re all too tired to just rush off. Besides,” she patted her backpack, which was noticeably more empty than it had been on the journey to get to the now ruined city. “I need to restock, just in case. I’m sure there’s still at least one shop still standing.”

She looked over at Dora, and her expression softened. “How does a shopping trip sound, Dora?” she turned to Fawkes. “You too, Fawkes. We can go shopping for some warmer clothes and food, and we can have the stinky old boys get whatever else we need.” She looked over at Denku and Easter, and patted the purse on her belt. It jingled, heavy with coin. “Poke’s on me. What do you say?”

"Hm? What might this rabble be?"

Oh, it's a street brawl. Ever since she arrived at Juyu and helped around with the recovery effort, Tianzi hadn't seen any street brawls going on. Without law enforcement, that might end up ugly. The fighters looked like they were travelers, so Tianzi believed that they should have been aware that it wasn't really in their best interest to start up fights randomly like this. Thinking about it though, perhaps he could use this opportunity to give him more funds before he continue his way to another city. Not Adarid however. He had zero reason to return there.

"If they are too busy with their squabble, then I doubt they would miss their pocket's contents."

Tianzi then went on to use Teleport to get close to the two combatants, and prepared himself to use Thief to start plundering. However, he soon faced an issue as the shark suddenly ascended to the sky with a lot of water on her, and went down towards the Scizor. The impact with her opponent ended up knocking Tianzi before she could get away from the scene.

"...Ah, how silly of me. I seem to have made a miscalculation. Good day to you two fine ladies, having a nice brawl in this fine day, don't you?"

Juyu Team Showdown

"I thought by spar, you meant a fight...not a dance off." Taiga got into a racing stance, before grinning widely. "And I'm quite confident as a matter of fact...confident that I'm gonna kick that red can keister of yours!" Taiga dashed towards Scarlet, a thin layer of water forming below her. Scarlet didn't move, instead staying in a defensive stance. The shark started circling her, nipping the cold steel of her armored body. Scarlet grinned as Taiga ascended, and prepared herself as the shark started to fall down. "I'll end this with one blow red! You're the one that told me not to hold back right!?" Scarlet blocked the torrential strike as a shock wave of the collision sent a small coat of snow flying around her. "So one blow huh?" She quipped at her, before dashing backwards and away from her assailant. "Pretty good though, but..." As she spoke, her attention was caught by a new voice. "...Ah, how silly of me. I seem to have made a miscalculation. Good day to you two fine ladies, having a nice brawl in this fine day, don't you?" A Xatu had somehow ended up in the crossfire of their fight. Scarlet turned to Taiga and made a T-Shape with her pincers before turning to the stranger. "Sorry about that, we must've not seen you there." She stuck out her pincer out to help the Xatu get back up. Still, Scarlet couldn't help but wonder how the Xatu had managed to get near enough to get knocked over - she was sure that no one was around when she checked.

Team Mac, Day 15, Southshore

Ryu was smiling widely, ecstatic in his moment of triumph. One Legend down and the fight has only just started. When Kazo made his move, Ryu tracked the movement and slashed with a Dragon Claw. Had Kazo not moved it would have caught him in the throat. As it was it missed entirely as the lower leveled Dragon launched himself into the air and slammed his foot down on Ryu. The Salamence moved forward just slightly. Not avoiding the kick but instead taking it on the back as opposed to the head.

Grunting, Ryu lifted himself into the air, pushing Kazo away, and spun in a circle. The motion ended with Ryu slamming Kazo with a Wing Attack, throwing him closer towards the end of the dock.

The sandstorm was beginning to clear up and Ryu was approaching the young Dragon. No more words were spoken as the Godslayer smiled a smile filled with battle frenzy.

-----

Latias was hit by Kah's attack, the impact of which blew the two apart and free of the tentacles that surrounded them. The Tentacool Gijinka looked between the two Dragons, unsure what to do next.

Latias clung to consciousness, albeit weakly, as she faced Kah. Her expression was one of confusion, which was a big change from the emotionless state that she had been in before. "Latios...would want me to keep going." She said. "I don't know what you're doing but...I won't die here. Especially because..." She stopped her statement there, and a glow surrounded her as she Recovered some of her health.

-----

Mac glanced down at Ari as he collapsed. While Suiten went to confront the other Salamence, Ari was crying on the ground. He would soon feel a solid thump on the top of his head as Mac gave him a firm smack. "What do you think you're doing?" She said, hooking a thumb towards the Ken, while her body crackled with electricity. "We're not done yet. Maybe another fight we'll totally lose. Maybe one day we won't be able to fight back. But right now, I've got a lot of fight left in me." She thrust her hand forward and grabbed him by the arm, pulling him to his feet. "And I know you do too. We've still got a legend to save and that's what we're going to do."

Ken was taken aback by the Ice attack Suiten sent at him. "What kind of demon are you then?" He asked in confusion while the wind struck him, dealing a lot of damage and slowing him, and seemingly Ryu, down ever so slightly.

It wasn't enough to take him out though. Just like Mac he had a lot of fight left in him.

He surged forward and caught Suiten with a Wing Attack, hitting a glancing blow on the Samurott's side as he moved into position closer to Ryu. The two Salamence brothers were now back to back, albeit a dozen or so feet apart, and they looked to both be ready to continue the fight.

Mac took off towards Ken, pulling her fist back for another electric-charged punch. As she got nearby, Ken merely reached out while she punched and grabbed her wrist. "Too predictable." Ken said coldly.

"Predict this." Mac cried out as she unleashed the electricity she had stored up. Instead of a punch it was now more akin to a bolt of thunder launching out and striking Ken in the chest.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 15, Coldharbour

While the adults talked adult stuff, Dora was busy talking to a bird that had landed on the side of the boat. "Hello Mr. Bird. We're going to a floating city. You can come too! Oh but I guess floating cities aren't special to you cause you can fly..."

“How does a shopping trip sound, Dora?”

Oooh shopping trip. "Just a second; Mr Bird here...hey wait Mr Bird where are you going!" The bird went to fly away and Dora leaned over to get closer to it, missing and practically falling off the side of the boat.

She just barely managed to stay on board but was hanging off the end by her stomach. "Weeeeeeeeeee" she called out.

---

If any of the group went to shop they'd find that, while some of the shops were still intact, not many shop keepers were available. The pickings would be slim but they might be able to find what they wanted.

Meanwhile the boat was ready to set sail whenever the group said so.

Team Karaoke, Day 22, Adarid City

The rebels were looking less and less certain of themselves the more the group calmly talked to them. "S-speak for yourself." The leader said. "We ain't big bad adventurers, all the guards got training and junk. We got nothin!"

However they seemed prepared to back down. It seemed obvious now they didn't want a fight. The leader approached Nine cautiously, reaching out for the Lemonade.

And then icicles rained down upon the young man, skewering him in several places and killing him.

A Mamoswine, Durant, and Magmortar appeared on the scene, all wearing the insignia of the Emperor, showing they were his soldiers, arrived. The rest of the rebels suddenly scattered and fled from the soldiers.

The Durant ran to chase the closest few, bringing them down into the dirt with savage attacks.

Meanwhile the Mamoswine and Magmortar turned to the group. "Get off the streets. The only people allowed here are soldiers and guards. Everyone else is considered a rebel."

The Flaffy spoke up then. "Um...I'm...a guard."

The Magmortar laughed at this and the Mamoswine cracked an unfriendly smile. "So you are. Should've known; the guards are a weak bunch. Can't even deal with a group like that, pah, why the Emperor keeps you fodder around is beyond me. Get going, the lot of you, out of our way."

Team Showdown, Day 20, Juyu

As Taiga and Scarlet were meeting a new face; Isole was speaking with a rather friendly Dragonite girl about the best way to travel quickly. She learned a lot, plenty she didn't need to know, and some things that were extremely surprising.

Not only had Fryst harbored Regice. But Regice was now dead. And an unknown man had appeared, nearly killed the Lord of Fryst due to some misunderstanding about who killed Regice. Evidently that man was now tracking down some legend that was in the mountains to the south. It made Isole slightly curious. She'd tell the others this information when she met back with them.

Kayla meanwhile was having difficulty tracking down Aegon.

The skies darkened over Juyu as a thunderstorm was rolling in. The trio near the outskirts would feel several drops of rain. It seemed they were destined to be caught in stormy weather wherever they went.

"Sorry about that, we must've not seen you there."

"It is understandable for either of you to not notice my humble presence here while you are locked in your fierce combat. If my person here is being obstructive, then heed me no mind, you shall continue with your honorable duel."

Tianzi accepted the Scizor's offer to help him stand back up, and once he was on his feet again, he dusted himself off before addressing them again. They did not look like they were from near here, understandable being travelers and all, but it was still of intrigue. What would the reason why they're travelling be?

"The event in which I am caught in between this duel you were having is simply caused by the fact that I was attempting to mug you for all that you currently had." As he said it, Tianzi let his hands out, shhowing that he was not holding anything. "However, I have miscalculated and ended up being hit by the shockwave from the shark's attack, thus ruining my theft attempt. It's quite a shame.

Now that I've said that, may I ask about your names, fine ladies?"

His expression was somewhat flat as he said that. He noticed that the sky was getting darker however, and decided to move on the conversation somewhere else if he could.

"You two seemed to be travelers, and I am interested to know where you are going next, on the interest that I might be able to tag in with you, and subsequently mug your group midway before running away with your money. I jest, of course. That would be quite unbecoming of me.

But where are my manners? I have to introduce myself first. My name is Tianzi. I am a traveler myself, on a journey across this land for a personal reason. Shall we find another place to talk however? The sky seemed to be not in approval of us standing here right now."

Adarid Again/ ~

"We...should not engage them." Clotilde whispered to the group before they could react, as fast as her muddled mind could muster to. "They are much stronger than the city guards, as you all have witnessed." She turned to the Flaffy. "If you will, lead us on. We intend to leave this city as soon as we can. Nothing good will come from getting involved with soldiers. I will...recover soon enough, so I would rather you lead us to the opposite gate instead."

"The political climate here is unpleasant." She began explaining to the others. "The ruler of this city does not hold a good reputation, but he does command a strong army. That is not a combination that would lead to much good. You all witnessed for yourselves when we met, how violent the gangs were. That level of chaos was unusual but the anxiety behind it was not." She perhaps wanted to say more but her cold was getting to her. Still dizzy, she gestured for the group to move onwards.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Things were going seemingly better than Nine had expected. As his words reached them, it seemed that they really were just a scared and uppity bunch of revolutionaries, and not just some band of thugs. As the supposed leader reached for the lemonade that Nine offered, the houndoom's eyes went wide. The rebel was suddenly speared through with a multitude of icicles, belonging to one of the king's soldiers. Momentarily stunned, it took a bit before the houndoom placed the lemonade back in his pack. As he looked at the soldiers, his expression seemed to be more relieved than anything else saying, "ah, sorry about that. We'll be on our way then, thank you." As the guards passed, Nine looked away from them, his face taking a far more somber look as he put his hand in his pocket, clenching tightly against the clothing in frustration. 

As the group started to make their way away from the scene, Nine listened to what Clotilde had to say about what was going on with the citizens of Adarid. He was aware things between the emperor and the citizens were bad, but he'd never expect this kind of brutality, on either's part. Nine couldn't help but have a sense of dread flow over him as he and the others continued to make their way through the city. The feeling that something big was going to happen, to either side, and things were only liable to get worse from here on out. Still, he had a mission to accomplish and he was but a simple wanderer. It wasn't as though he could act against said dread. As such, as the group continued to make their way through the city Nine nodded at her statements. "Yeah, it would probably be best for us to leave here as quickly as we can." Looking at the Aggron more closely he asked, "would you like some assistance madame?"

Kazo gulped to himself as he steadied his shaking leg. He wasn't going to be able to do another friction kick at this rate. Not only that, but he knew he was completely outclassed here. His attacks weren't doing much, but he knew taking too many of this guy's attacks were going to overwhelm him, and probably kill him. On one hand... maybe he should just fight, not caring if he lived or died. His one goal in life was destroyed in front of his eyes, and this guy was almost four times stronger than him in every way. There was no way he was winning on his own. Maybe... maybe he should swallow his pride. He was going to regret this though, he knew it.

"So, this is all your skill you got from the Arena thingy you keep talking about?" Kazo asked, narrowing his eyes, taking a defensive stance. "Are these skills how you won all your fights? It's incredible, really. You must have had your brother Dragon Dancing on the sidelines for you all the time," He stated with a smirk, one to match Ryu's wild grin. "No wonder why the people hated you. You couldn't win a match without cheating," his smirk grew wide, showing his teeth. "You're a fraud, and killing Latios with the same underhanded tactics isn't going to change a damn thing,"

“I’ll keep an eye on her,” the Emboar suddenly spoke up, almost spooking Denku. He must have been more exhausted than he first thought, he didn't even notice her there. “We shouldn’t leave tonight, though. The sun’s about to set, and we’re all too tired to just rush off. Besides, I need to restock, just in case. I’m sure there’s still at least one shop still standing. How does a shopping trip sound, Dora?” She finished her explanation by bending over and talking to Dora.  

"Just a second; Mr Bird here...hey wait Mr Bird where are you going!" Dora tried to get close to the bird, but almost fell off the ship. Thankfully, her stomach caught her before she could. Denku rushed over, picking her up and carrying her far from the edge. 

"Yeah, shopping trip sounds like a good idea for the two of you," He says, handing Dora off to Brooke, handling her gently. He was kinda afraid in his tired state, he would hurt her. "I'll stay here... it's been a long... couple of days, and I need some shut eye. I'm sure there's somewhere around here I could sleep at," And he take he walk off further into the ship, looking for a good place to get some shut eye.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Team Showdown: Juyu

"What in the Distortion World...."  Taiga was caught off guard, the tin can had caught her attack, and bounced back from it quite quickly...not even a dent in her armor.  Taiga couldn't help but get a little angry

"So one blow huh?  Pretty good though, but..."

Taiga sneered at Scarlet's cockiness.  Was she stronger than her...was she holding back against Tagia...it really pissed her off!

"...Ah, how silly of me. I seem to have made a miscalculation. Good day to you two fine ladies, having a nice brawl in this fine day, don't you?" 

In the midst of thier spar, a Xatu seemed to have gotten caught in the crossfire.  Taiga couldn't help but snap at the newcomer...they could have gotten themselves killed, not that it would've been Taiga's problem.  It would've been a pretty light snack before they returned into the city...circle of life.  Who even gets in the middle of a fight expecting to get into a conversation.  Nonetheless, Scarlet decided to converse with the stranger.  It was just like her to do that...but it really irked her.  If Scarlet wasn't a friend, Taiga would have sucker punched that tin can so hard her head would spin.  

"The event in which I am caught in between this duel you were having is simply caused by the fact that I was attempting to mug you for all that you currently had.  However, I have miscalculated and ended up being hit by the shockwave from the shark's attack, thus ruining my theft attempt. It's quite a shame.  Now that I've said that, may I ask about your names, fine ladies?"

The way this Xatu talked...it almost pissed Taiga off more than the reason he approached the two in the first place.  

"Whatsittoya."  Taiga spat on the ground.  "My name is Whatsittoya...now scra-"

"You two seemed to be travelers, and I am interested to know where you are going next, on the interest that I might be able to tag in with you, and subsequently mug your group midway before running away with your money. I jest, of course. That would be quite unbecoming of me.  But where are my manners? I have to introduce myself first. My name is Tianzi. I am a traveler myself, on a journey across this land for a personal reason. Shall we find another place to talk however? The sky seemed to be not in approval of us standing here right now."

The constant interruptions with this fracking bird brain!  It was driving Taiga mad!

"Are you daft, pea brain?  That city doesn't have a solid structure in the place...good luck finding shelter from the rain."  Taiga rubbed her skin, it had gotten a bit dry since their travels to Juyu.  With the pitter patter of rain, slowly falling from the sky onto her skin, it was quite refreshing.  "Take it up with Red here.  She's the," Taiga put her fingers and provided air quotes, "Team Leader.  Blech."  Taiga pushed her hands into her pockets, and walked back to the city, more irked than when they had entered.  If that Accelgor got up in her face again, she couldn't guarantee the safety of the city...or what was left of it anyway.  "I'm gonna go find Ice.  See what she thinks of the whole ordeal."  And just as she said, she made her way back towards the Juyu entrance.  

Ari let out a piteous "Oww..." when his head got thumped. He glared up at Mac through teary eyes, about to ask what that was for, when she started to speak. "What do you think you're doing?" She said, hooking a thumb towards the Ken, while her body crackled with electricity. "We're not done yet. Maybe another fight we'll totally lose. Maybe one day we won't be able to fight back. But right now, I've got a lot of fight left in me." She thrust her hand forward and grabbed him by the arm, pulling him to his feet. "And I know you do too. We've still got a legend to save and that's what we're going to do."

"B-but," the lion cub sniffed. "We let down Latios. Not just Regirock but Latios too. We don't stand a chance..."

Meanwhile, Suiten panted for breath as his opponent stared at him in confusion. "What kind of demon are you then?" he asked. The attack had hit, dealing a good deal of damage as well as slowing down him and his brother. He surged forward soon after, clipping the water type's side with a Wing Attack. The Samurott staggered, but kept himself upright. He was wrong, then. He could take a few more attacks like this. "This one is but a swordsman...traveling with no destination," he replied, watching as his opponent stood back to back with his brother.

Mac took off towards Ken, pulling her fist back for another electric-charged punch. As she got nearby, Ken merely reached out while she punched and grabbed her wrist. "Too predictable." he said coldly.

"Predict this." Mac cried out as she unleashed the electricity she had stored up. Instead of a punch it was now more akin to a bolt of thunder launching out and striking Ken in the chest.

"So, this is all your skill you got from the Arena thingy you keep talking about?" Kazo asked, narrowing his eyes, taking a defensive stance. "Are these skills how you won all your fights? It's incredible, really. You must have had your brother Dragon Dancing on the sidelines for you all the time," He stated with a smirk, one to match Ryu's wild grin. "No wonder why the people hated you. You couldn't win a match without cheating," his smirk grew wide, showing his teeth. "You're a fraud, and killing Latios with the same underhanded tactics isn't going to change a damn thing."

Ari lifted his head at those words. Kazo was still in the fight, wasn't he? It was hopeless, Latios was dead, and that was who Kazo looked up to the most. But he was still going. Why? he thought. Why? There's no reason to. But, knowing that the Gabite hadn't given up, for some reason made him feel...ashamed. Like he should be standing up there with the others. But...he couldn't. He just couldn't. "I'm not strong...like them," he whispered, hugging his knees to his chest.

Suiten could do nothing but keep fighting. He exhaled another blast of cold air, hoping that that would keep the dragons from focusing on the others. This was all he could do. He could only hope...that Latios would be the only one of them to die today.

--

“I’ll keep an eye on her,” Brooke said, casting both of the Gijinka an awry glance. “We shouldn’t leave tonight, though. The sun’s about to set, and we’re all too tired to just rush off. Besides,” she patted her backpack, which was noticeably more empty than it had been on the journey to get to the now ruined city. “I need to restock, just in case. I’m sure there’s still at least one shop still standing.”

"But..." Easter frowned. 'You're still recovering' died on his tongue before it could be said. The Emboar probably wouldn't appreciate being coddled, so he just let out a soft snort of "suit yourself," which served as a reply to everything she had said. He was nothing if not economical, with Poke and with meanings.

Dora then decided to almost fall off the boat, before being caught by Denku. "Yeah, shopping trip sounds like a good idea for the two of you," He said, handing Dora off to Brooke, handling her gently. "I'll stay here... it's been a long... couple of days, and I need some shut eye. I'm sure there's somewhere around here I could sleep at."

"Great...he leaves me to hold the bags then," Easter grumbled to himself before sighing. "Sure, let's see what we can get in town. I need to stock up on sweets myself."

After reaching town, the Sylveon quickly discovered that, surprise surprise, not many shopkeepers were available. "Probably trying to recover from the attack," he commented. He did manage to find various people who were more than happy to give him frozen treats, such as ice cream, popsicles, and snow cones. All for free, of course, as thanks. The popsicles, at least, were wrapped up, but the ice cream and the snow cones had to be eaten as soon as possible. Or maybe not, he thought, shivering slightly in the cold. That didn't stop him from licking his strawberry-flavored ice cream cone, though.

"Finally," he sighed. "Something sweet. I was starting to go into withdrawals there." At least he took most of his withdrawal-infused anger out on the right people, though.

jOzNrUn.png

"Latios...would want me to keep going."

Are you kidding me? And here I thought this could end quietly...

"I don't know what you're doing but...I won't die here. Especially because..."

Kah watched with mixed feelings of admiration and caution as a glow surrounded Latias's body, causing her to very clearly recover from the attacks Kah and the Tentacool team had hit her with. If the jig wasn't up already for the others, it would be soon enough. No point trying to be subtle anymore, I guess. She'd need all the power she could throw behind her attacks at this point, if Latias was finally her enemy. There were a handful of ways Kah had wanted this situation to go, and this was far from any of them. She'd have to make this quick; every second she spent occupied with Latias was another second the twins were fighting everyone else.

And so, Kah swam forward as fast as her arms, legs, and wings would take her, set on a course for Latias. Along the way, Kah charged her hands with power, ready to unleash them upon the legendary as soon as she was in swinging range. And once she was in range, Kah lifted her arms up, before swinging down with all the might she could muster. The issue of how she'd explain this to the rest of the team would have to wait.

rSmNb2O.png

"How does a shopping trip sound, Dora? You too, Fawkes. We can go shopping for some warmer clothes and food, and we can have the stinky old boys get whatever else we need. Poke’s on me. What do you say?"

"Yeah, shopping trip sounds like a good idea for the two of you. I'll stay here... it's been a long... couple of days, and I need some shut eye. I'm sure there's somewhere around here I could sleep at."

"Great...he leaves me to hold the bags then. Sure, let's see what we can get in town. I need to stock up on sweets myself."

"I'd like to wait here too actually," Fawkes started. "After everything that just happened, I could use a nice long nap." It was as she turned to find someplace to get some shut-eye, that Fawkes realized something. She was out of Moo Moo Milk. And if there was one thing she learned in Deku, it was to never not visit a shop if you have an easy chance; there's no telling what interesting wares may find their way onto store shelves. And while she wasn't so keen on the idea of wandering around a destroyed city - having had enough of those already - her gut was telling her to go for it. Either that or it was telling her to buy the Moo Moo Milk herself. She wasn't sure.

"On second thought," she continued, turning back around as she followed Dora, Brooke, and Easter off the boat, "I'll come too. I need to do some restocking of my own."

As she and the others meandered about town, Fawkes kept her eyes peeled. There weren't many shopkeeps available, not that it was hard to understand why, but surely one of them had to be selling Moo Moo Milk! While Easter had found good luck with getting his hands on some sweets, Fawkes's search so far wasn't proving to be quite so fruitful. Not even one bottle? As she glanced around at the shops, Fawkes brought up a question. It had only just occurred to her, but that made it no less valuable. "Come to think of it, do we need to buy warm clothes if we're leaving Coldharbour tomorrow? Just a warm hotel room for the night would work just as well, right?"

Archived