Imperial Claw Banana Hair Dragon

JessicaMuddy

I was going to post this in the Create a Card Game thread, but I got ninja'd...

Anyway, prediction of Yuri's Fusion Dragon!

Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon

Level 7/DARK/Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2 Dragon-Type monsters

If this card attacks or is attacked: Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. You can tribute 1 monster, except "Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon": Target 1 monster your opponent controls that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck; destroy it, and if you do, all monsters your opponent controls lose ATK equal to half the destroyed monster's ATK, until the End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon" once per turn.

2500/2000

The name Imperial Claw got me thinking about destroying monsters and dominating your opponent, which is what both of this card's effects do. The tributing cost is also something to do with dominating, since this dragon is sort of taking over the field. Finally, targeting only monsters SS from the Extra Deck is due to the other Yu's monsters all being able to be SS'd from the Extra Deck, and destroying them with his own dragon is something I could see Yuri easily doing.

Right, sorry. I find it clicks into the Dragon Counterparts niche very well. All of the monsters have an ATK related effect (Or in Odd-Eyes' case, it deals more damage). It's also as easy to get out as any of the other counterparts, which would also have it become a staple in that kind of deck. This also does seem to be a card Yuri would use, even though that's not exactly relevant. Another factor it shares is the fact that it counter itself (Which Odd-Eyes also differentiates). I like the card.

It actually seems pretty good.

Although my question is this based off of what it would be IRL? Or is it like the anime (since all the dragons do something to a level 5 or higher monster)

I guess this'd be the IRL version. The anime version would have its second effect only work on LV 5 of higher monsters.

Archived