Post anime you don't like that other people/anime you like that other people don't like

The Nyx Avatar

Some people like Soul Eater but I think it sucks/

Trigun is my favorite manga and while it doesn't really get hate, many seem indifferent to it. The anime is good but not nearly on the scale of the manga.

Soul Eater was fun to watch but it felt like it was typical.

I'll give you three of the top of my head, and I'll try my damnest to make it coherent.

I find the writing to be astoundingly lazy. Not only is there a metric tone of potential it looses out on, both in terms of topics to bring up and character growth, but Kirito is written to such a degree that he is forever, and will allways be my number 1 example of a Gary Stu character. The man is infallible in every shape or form to the point I'm fully content the only reason he would ever fail at... anything, is the plot litterally demanded it or else there would be no conflict. Now I dont know about you, but if you ask me, that is a insanely poor ground for a main protag to thread where the plot needs to BS a reason into there actually being a threat this one time. But then again that would also mean I consider SAO actually legitamite in some way and not just a harem anime masquerading as something else to seem more inteligent

Going from the last point about the writing being lazy. There is absolutely no point for it to be set in a video game world beyond the very first episodes (infact it harms itself further in my eyes by attempting that setting because some of the detailings like a "last hit bonus" would be a completely moronic move to have in a actuall MMO, or any multiplayer game really), since the anime appears to forget entirely all about it and just turns it into generic fantasy setting nr 223 once the premise has been properly established.

Asuna's character is so absolutely assassinated from how she's initially portrayed, a strong and empowering female character, and made into just another piece of meat that crushes on Kirito, that it is not even funny to mention. I mean FFS does she even do anything at all during the entire course of the second arc except play the Damsel in Distress trope to a absolute T by sitting around and waiting for Kirto to come rescue her. Oh wait, I forgot about the litteral tentacle attack, my misstake. Gotta give the fans their spank material am I right

Sooo....a mediocre Star Wars knock-off?

Soul Eater was fun to watch but it felt like it was typical.

And the end of the second season seemed half-assed.

And the end of the second season seemed half-assed.

[spoiler=Reasons I don't like Soul Eater, contains spoilers]It really was half-assed, any character development was basically thrown out the window at the end, the twist about Maka being a weapon served no purpose because all she needed to defeat the villain was "courage" (which is a really shitty ass-pull of a way to win against a character strong enough to beat Death, the only other character able to stand a chance), characters have annoying gimmicks (Black Star being an annoying Prick through the whole show, Kid and his symmetry obsession). I could probably list more but that feels like enough.

The only thing I think I remember being redeeming were the first two Excalibur episodes. 

[spoiler=Reasons I don't like Soul Eater, contains spoilers]It really was half-assed, any character development was basically thrown out the window at the end, the twist about Maka being a weapon served no purpose because all she needed to defeat the villain was "courage" (which is a really shitty ass-pull of a way to win against a character strong enough to beat Death, the only other character able to stand a chance), characters have annoying gimmicks (Black Star being an annoying Prick through the whole show, Kid and his symmetry obsession). I could probably list more but that feels like enough.

The only thing I think I remember being redeeming were the first two Excalibur episodes.

I actually agree with you there except for Death the Kid, I found his symmetry obsession to be hilarious. I really hated Black Star and the ending.

It's barely a step up from the power of love. And speaking of Excalibur: What the funk was his purpose (other than comedy relief)?

I actually agree with you there except for Death the Kid, I found his symmetry obsession to be hilarious. I really hated Black Star and the ending.

It was funny when it wasn't getting in the way of major battles, but I hated when he would just stand there and get beat up because he didn't want to attack something symmetrical. 

It's barely a step up from the power of love. And speaking of Excalibur: What the funk was his purpose (other than comedy relief)?

He had none, I guess haha. But he was funny. 

Hopping on board the EVA dislike train for one very simple, very clear reason.  And that reason's name is Shinji Ikari.  Literally the only reason I stopped watching was because I couldn't stand Shinji for the life of me and seeing him as the protagonist for one more episode would have caused my head to split in two.

That is all.

It was funny when it wasn't getting in the way of major battles, but I hated when he would just stand there and get beat up because he didn't want to attack something symmetrical.

eh thats just a minor nitpick to me

Animes I hate but everyone else loves: Dragonball, Hetalia

Animes I love but everyone else hates: Sonic X

He had none, I guess haha. But he was funny.

Didn't Excalibur have more of a role in the manga?

Wait; people hate Sonic X (even the Japanese one)?

people agree that the Japaneseone was the lesser of two evils but both in general get a lot of hate. The only Sonic shows that dont get sheet are SatAM and Sonic Boom

I literally only read to this and gave it a like. Despite that it's a post about disliking a show I like a lot. That's how I roll.

vGAnOE1.jpg

honestly I really do just like Kyouko for the self absorbed reason that I find her relatable even though I agree that her change of heart was bullshit and way too sudden

I don't like that everyone else leans so much towards the mainstream stuff, such as One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Attack on Titan, and so on. I really don't like Sword Art Online, but other than that, I don't really dislike anything else too much.

A lot of people hate Sword Art Online, Naruto and Bleach. Attacked on Titan has more mixed reactions but Im also on the hate side for that one.

honestly I really do just like Kyouko for the self absorbed reason that I find her relatable even though I agree that her change of heart was bullshit and way too sudden

A lot of people hate Sword Art Online, Naruto and Bleach. Attacked on Titan has more mixed reactions but Im also on the hate side for that one.

The only one I legitimately like is Bleach, but I can understand why people don't like it.

Archived