Post anime you don't like that other people/anime you like that other people don't like

The Nyx Avatar

Another is pretty sheet, though.

Don't like that everyone else likes: Ehmmm, Chuu2Koi I guess. Weakest Kyoani show imo. Mahouka too. For some reason some people like it.

Likes that other people don't like: Quite a few..., Walkure Romanze and Coppelion are two recent-ish ones that come to mind. They are arguably bad, but they had little things that I can't help but to love.

Ones I don't like that others like: Naruto, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, NARUTO

and One Piece

Ones I like that others don't: Kamen no Maid Guy (by virtue of does anyone else even watch this?), Venus Versus Virus (same reason), and Kantai Collection (guilty pleasure)

Controversy time

[spoiler=Anime I don't like that others like]

Overlord-TV-Anime-to-Be-Produced-by-Madh

Though I've only seen a couple episodes so I might end up liking it if I ever do watch more.

[spoiler=Anime I like that others don't like]

Sword_Art_Online_II_Promotional_Poster.p

Mainly because of Sinon, tbh. Seeing trap!Kirito is funny as hell though.

inb4 haters: I do agree that Log Horizon is better, but SAO has its moments as well.

[spoiler=Only one that comes to mind is]

sword-art-online-kirito-asuna-sao-online

If you know me, you know my absolute seething distaste for this anime, and the same goes for SAO2 just incase someone out there does wonder.

I despise every frame to such a point I litterally went on a rant specificly regarding how much I hate SAO (and how popular it is) on another forum.

Cant think of one that I like that others dont

Ones I don't like that others like: Naruto, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, NARUTO

and One Piece

Ones I like that others don't: Kamen no Maid Guy (by virtue of does anyone else even watch this?), Venus Versus Virus (same reason), and Kantai Collection (guilty pleasure)

So...Shonen Jump in general?

[spoiler=Only one that comes to mind is]

sword-art-online-kirito-asuna-sao-online

If you know me, you know my absolute seething distaste for this anime, and the same goes for SAO2 just incase someone out there does wonder.

I despise every frame to such a point I litterally went on a rant specificly regarding how much I hate SAO (and how popular it is) on another forum.

Cant think of one that I like that others dont

One specific reason why you hate this show so much?

Like literally every anime I've seen.

Doesn't that basically make you a hipster?

Controversy time

[spoiler=Anime I don't like that others like]

Overlord-TV-Anime-to-Be-Produced-by-Madh

Though I've only seen a couple episodes so I might end up liking it if I ever do watch more.

[spoiler=Anime I like that others don't like]

Sword_Art_Online_II_Promotional_Poster.p

Mainly because of Sinon, tbh. Seeing trap!Kirito is funny as hell though.

inb4 haters: I do agree that Log Horizon is better, but SAO has its moments as well.

What's that last anime?

One specific reason why you hate this show so much?

I'll give you three of the top of my head, and I'll try my damnest to make it coherent.

I find the writing to be astoundingly lazy. Not only is there a metric tone of potential it looses out on, both in terms of topics to bring up and character growth, but Kirito is written to such a degree that he is forever, and will allways be my number 1 example of a Gary Stu character. The man is infallible in every shape or form to the point I'm fully content the only reason he would ever fail at... anything, is the plot litterally demanded it or else there would be no conflict. Now I dont know about you, but if you ask me, that is a insanely poor ground for a main protag to thread where the plot needs to BS a reason into there actually being a threat this one time. But then again that would also mean I consider SAO actually legitamite in some way and not just a harem anime masquerading as something else to seem more inteligent

Going from the last point about the writing being lazy. There is absolutely no point for it to be set in a video game world beyond the very first episodes (infact it harms itself further in my eyes by attempting that setting because some of the detailings like a "last hit bonus" would be a completely moronic move to have in a actuall MMO, or any multiplayer game really), since the anime appears to forget entirely all about it and just turns it into generic fantasy setting nr 223 once the premise has been properly established.

Asuna's character is so absolutely assassinated from how she's initially portrayed, a strong and empowering female character, and made into just another piece of meat that crushes on Kirito, that it is not even funny to mention. I mean FFS does she even do anything at all during the entire course of the second arc except play the Damsel in Distress trope to a absolute T by sitting around and waiting for Kirto to come rescue her. Oh wait, I forgot about the litteral tentacle attack, my misstake. Gotta give the fans their spank material am I right

Tanigawa_NoMatterHowI_V1_TP.jpg

Has more to do with my distaste for cringe humor than anything. Couldn't get through the first chapter.

I *know* it says anime, but I couldn't give a crap.

That did get an anime but I know what you mean. The cringes really hurt and I never read past the first few chapters. I'm sure it's a lovely little manga and everything but it's just not going to happen, reading through this hurts too much.

Idk about stuff I don't like that others do aside from pure fanservice shows.

As far as what I like that others don't,

[spoiler=One comes to mind]

11a62f3a994a5141b676a5143f446cab13723519

And really I don't even known many people's opinions on the show other than I think Thar likes it too. It's more I know people have no reason to like it cuz objectively it's not a very good anime but it charmed me and I loved it. Probably on principle at first but I did enjoy myself.

Eden of the East. Boring as sheet. I don't care that it's social commentary, it lacks entertainment value to carry the commentary.

Anyone could defend an anime by stating it is social commentary; its a flimsy argument. How though, does it lack entertainment?

i know this is a dumb defense but

watamote gets a lot more tolerable later on as the character progresses from being an insufferable unluckiest cringefest girl to more cocktease-y humor

Like Kotoura-San?

ill probably explain this one later but for now I will say that no matter how much I sheet on this show I dont think its terrible, it has some things that I like and it helped people get into the magical girl genre but it has huge flaws that really weigh it down.

madoka-magica3.jpg

ill probably explain this one later but for now I will say that no matter how much I sheet on this show I dont think its terrible, it has some things that I like and it helped people get into the magical girl genre but it has huge flaws that really weigh it down.

(Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

I actually agree with you there, as while I do like it a whole lot (I mean, it has my nr.1 waifu so how could I not like it) it's far from a perfect show.

I actually agree with you there, as while I do like it a whole lot (I mean, it has my nr.1 waifu so how could I not like it) it's far from a perfect show.

its okay the show has one of my waifus in it (Kyouko) as well, though anyways the main killer with me towards Madoka Magica is the pacing. Its way too quick and gives you no time to take in whats going on or feel sucked into its atmosphere. Everything is literally just shock value and its such a generic ploy that other more terrible animes have used in the past. A lot of people praise the show for how quick it is and how it "cuts the bullshit" but you need the slower moments in order to take everything in and let things build up. Nothing is ever built up or takes its time to develop, everything that the show has to offer is just lazily thrown at you whenever the show feels like it. In Evangelion (I know I hate that comparisson so much but I feel that its neccessary this time) it gives you time to take everything in. No matter how many times I sit through the dramatic scenes of EVA I still get teary eyed because it gave its characters a full psychological deterioration, we see everything they go through from start to end and have time to take things in with Madoka Magica its basically just one girl is happy and cutesy and all smiley and then the next episode or two shes funking dead R.I.P. Like I can just imagine the producers shouting out "WHEEEEE THERES A CUTE GIRL AND NOW SHES CRYING GIVE US ALL UR MONEY" instead of trying to create deep characters that evolve through time and giving you moments to take a deep breath. Ill admit that Homura had a little bit more to her since she has a bigger backstory to her but I still feel like she could have been better if the show had been longer. Also one last thing Madoka Magica didnt deconstruct anything about the magical girl genre, everything about it is literally just throwing a darker sheet over most typical elements with one or two interesting changes here and there.

Archived