Let's Talk Pixar (Can You Rank the Pixar Films?)

.Rai

I was on r/movies and saw a Pixar poll (http://strawpoll.me/5825032). The trends are pretty interesting. One of the most notoriously difficult things to do is to list and rank Pixar films. A lot of people have a favourite, and then have like a six-way tie for second-best Pixar film. And just discuss Pixar in general.

I have to say, I'm an absolute sucker for WALL-E. I think it's by far the studio's most impressive artistic achievement, and manages to be an intensely enjoyable grown-up film and kid's film at the same time. The Incredibles, Finding Nemo and Toy Story are narrowly behind that (and in no particular order, because it's impossible). Up, Inside Out, Ratatouille, Toy Story 3, Monsters Inc. are just below that, I think.

Up's opening montage is easily one of the most superbly directed moments in animated film. Every shot and transition is superb, perfectly timed. There's even a really great lateral tracking shot in there. Of course, beyond all that, it's absolutely heart-wrenching.

The rest of the film is a little bit too standard to really make it in my top 3, although it's obviously still great.

Taking a page from Halu's book

Can't really rank Inside Out as I've yet to see it, but the other 14 Pixar movies are ranked

14. Brave

13. Ratatouille

12. Cars 2

11. Cars

10. WALL-E

9. The Incredibles

8. Toy Story 2

7. Up

6. Monsters Inc

5. Monsters University

4. A Bug's Life

3. Toy Story 3

2. Finding Nemo

1. Toy Story

THAT WAS HARD!

• 2 weeks later...

I would never be able to rank them since they all have a huge spot in my heart. But certainly at the last place are the Cars and Planes movies, i wasn't a big fan.

I adore Inside Out, such a cute and fun way to explain the mind and the problems of teenagers. So that one would be one of my tops, also because the theme for it is stuck in my head

• 3 weeks later...

Personal favs of mine are Inside Out on top and The Incredibles following.

Third place is hard but Ratatouille goes more to my tastes.

Up and Wall-E are amazing but not throughout the entire run so they are runner ups.

After that I can't choose... but the Cars and Planes movies are the far bottom of the list for me. Can't stand them. The monsters ones kind of bore me and a Bugs Life I liked it better when I was little but didn't age too well for me.

The rest are all somewhere in the middle.

Archived