The Phantom Knights of Fragile Armor (Wing Raiders)

CTRyIQ4UAAAV-Vo.jpg

Level 4 DARK Warrior

1000/2000

If a face-up "The Phantom Knights" monster you control is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard and send 1 "The Phantom Knights" card or 1 "The Phantom" Spell/Trap Card from your hand to the Graveyard; draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "The Phantom Knights of Fragile Armor" once per turn.

It's sheet. The banish effect is a +0, which is nothing when the 3s are always at last a +1 in terms of the banish effect. As for his SS effect, it's also sheet. Obviously it's meant to combo with Break Sword, but the fact of the matter is is that your only 3-mat option would be Ouroboros, and that's not really worth the space. It has 0 synergy with the 3s beyond dumping them from your hand, but you shouldn't even BE discarding them in the first place.

The level is wrong, the SS effect is situational, and it has no Xyz synergy with the 3s beyond them being SSed back by Break Sword. But if you're using them for a 4, you should be making DRXD, N50, or N66. There is no room for Ouroboros.

Y'know I was kinda expecting Manga "The Phantom Knight" cards, but I certainly didn't expect OCG originals though.

That and the level is wrong.

The Level isn't really wrong (though I would have preferred it to be Level 3 for consistency), as it's meant to be a deck that can go between Rank 3s and 4s. It wouldn't be far-fetched to think that PK will get more Level 4s.

The level isn't really wrong (though I would have preferred it to be Level 3 for consistency), as it's meant to be a deck that can go between Rank 3s and 4s. It wouldn't be far-fetched to think that PK will get more Level 4s.

That's why I said the level was wrong; CONSISTENCY. (Not to mention I wasn't the only one in this topic who said that the level was wrong) Also I did say that I was expecting the Manga ones here and those are level 4, but they're Manga-only atm, thus the "level is wrong, consistency-wise" comment.

Well, the Trap Monster is Level4 so this can make Rank4s with it. I really don't see how this card is that bad. Yes, as a Level4 is doesn't mesh too well with the Level3s, but it still can make Xyz plays with the aforementioned Trap Monster and Knights revived by Break Sword.

The grave effect doesn't look bad either: It sets in motion Phantom Knights cards stuck in the hand as a +0, and then the discarded card can be banished to turn that play into a +1.

In a way, looks like this card is meant to be more of a hand or play fixer; for instance, in case one of the Break Sword targets is destroyed before you Rank4. That, and I wouldn't be surprised if we later got a Rank4 Phantom Knights (2-material or even 3-material) that makes this card a bit more worth of being played.

To me this would be a lot better if was level 3, and if you do SS it by its effect, it would go to level 4. Or would that make it "too" viable? There are plenty of times when a material I SS'd via Break Sword dies, but even then I can't see myself running this. If Break Sword had set it's SS'd materials automatically to 4 instead of Level+1 then I would have considered it especially if you're running a mill build.

Archived