Horus the Black Flame Dragon Level 8 (And it's lower forms if you wish)

HorustheBlackFlameDragonLV8.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6. While this card remains face-up on your side of the field, you can negate the activation and effect of any Spell Cards and destroy them.

If yugioh were like pokemon, Hous would be a semi-legendary (if not legendary) monster with an insane ability and a practically permanent place in the meta, but sadly, this is yugioh, and horus is a monster that while nostalgic and in possession of an amazing effect, belongs to one of the least supported archetypes (LV.).being a dragon makes this less of a problem, because dragons have absurd amounts of support, but as a level monster, horus is  the kind of monster that while always powerful, will probably never be quite practical.

Please discuss this beautiful monster. because konami never will.

Funny, I was actually talking about this card with a friend the other day while seeing if I could make a usable deck around him. Even considered making a thread about it.

It's another one of my old favorites from when I first started playing. Pulling off the Horus Lockdown in the video games was great, and it'd be even greater with Pendulums and stuff running around. Not really sure how you could make the archetype effective though. Cram it into a Pendulum deck to spam LV 6's and hope you can kill something with them?

We can always hope that k00m1 will remember this along with the Armed Dragon cards to give them some support. They made Metaphys Horus, so they at least know it exists...

Please go eat those words of yours or were you just talking out of your ass?

It's thus s***, I could make Shock Rafflesia with less cards

Because you'll always have a 20 card deck with the exact two cards you need in hand to pull it off. Kek. 

Anyway, a lot of older cards are "sheet" when compared to today's cards and decks. Apparently, from what you're saying, any card is "sheet" if it can't summon 2+ monsters with 2 or less cards without much effort. 

Because you'll always have a 20 card deck with the exact two cards you need in hand to pull it off. Kek. 

Anyway, a lot of older cards are "s***" when compared to today's cards and decks. Apparently, from what you're saying, any card is "s***" if it can't summon 2+ monsters with 2 or less cards without much effort. 

I merely said it COULD be done, not that it would easily. 

Yes, powercreep is a thing, embrace it

...well, that's a thing.

but to clarify my opening statement, i wasn't saying summoning horus was hard, just that it's somewhat impractical thanks to the mechanics of level monsters, and the ATK of horus. it's at least 3 card investment in the deck (2 level 6 and 1 level 8 minimum for the basic build, more than that if you include level support)

the most consistent way i've tried is using mithra to give them a token, and then kill the token with lv6 and summon lv8.

as pendulums and spells become more prevalent, the impracticality of lv8 will fade in favor of the cost-free negation. while he belongs to an impractical archetype, his effect and ATK are pretty much the essence of a boss monster, in combination with 1-2 decent backrow, Horus is definitely something i want to take to a locals or a regional.

If yugioh were like pokemon, Hous would be a semi-legendary (if not legendary) monster with an insane ability and a practically permanent place in the meta

This has literally happened. Have you SEEN Vileplume? Or Trevenant? Or f***ing Seismetoed, oh god Seismetoed.

The thing is that they're 2 completely different games. One good card does not translate to another. Trap-Like cards are literally cancer in Pokemon (Power Spray. Pseudo-Divine wrath with a dumb condition and it was broken as f***), while Supporter-like cards are blasphemous in YGO.

FOr the card itself; It's neat, sure, but consistency is a huge issue with LV monsters. They'd probably be better if they were 1 card that leveled up over time, IMO.

I merely said it COULD be done, not that it would easily. 

Yes, powercreep is a thing, embrace it

Obviously it is, but that doesn't mean that I won't think it's dumb to write off cards just for those reasons. Like Expelsword said, it's a decent card, just slow. But who knows, someone could eventually make a deck work well enough to consistently pull of its tricks, especially because of newer cards.

This has literally happened. Have you SEEN Vileplume? Or Trevenant? Or f***ing Seismetoed, oh god Seismetoed.

The thing is that they're 2 completely different games. One good card does not translate to another. Trap-Like cards are literally cancer in Pokemon (Power Spray. Pseudo-Divine wrath with a dumb condition and it was broken as f***), while Supporter-like cards are blasphemous in YGO.

i was thinking more of the pokemon video games than the card game. but I concede the point for pokemon card games. i started pokemon (tcg) around the beginning of this year, so my experience with that branch of pokemon is somewhat stinted.

i was thinking more of the pokemon video games than the card game. but I concede the point for pokemon card games. i started pokemon (tcg) around the beginning of this year, so my experience with that branch of pokemon is somewhat stinted.

Considering how all 3 of those came out since XY and all 3 are rather prominent now (Or, with Siesmetoed, before Lyandre's Trump Card got Banned), I'm a little surprised you wouldn't get that, but I digress.

Archived