[MTG] Eye of Ugin

Flame Dragon

Thought-Knot and Smasher pushed the deck over the top imo. Thought-Knot is especially good since the only common removal spell that gets it is Path meaning Thought-Knot eats a card, a removal spell, and gets you a land.

Edit: Thought Knot triggered on death for the draw and not leaving play. Oops.

Thought-Knot and Smasher pushed the deck over the top imo. Thought-Knot is especially good since the only common removal spell that gets it is Path meaning Thought-Knot eats a card, a removal spell, and gets you a land.

They upped their game with the Eldrazi in Oath (Kozilek's brood is just generally more potent than Ulamog's, I guess).

Eldrazi Displacer is another one I expect to see popping up in places; it already has sick combos.

Giving this deck two sol lands and a bunch of extremely efficient colorless creatures to abuse them with really pushed this deck over the edge. The mainboard chalices basically deal with everything their removal or TKS can't. I'm not even really sure what Wizards could print to bring this deck back in line other than more land hate, but even then all that does is slow the deck down by a turn or two. People keep saying blue decks can keep this deck in check but I don't really believe that. Without a fast and efficient clock (splinter twin) the blue decks just get ran over late game.

Yea, I don't think land hate is the way to beat the deck. Where something like Tron needs every land otherwise it just does nothing, the Eldrazi decks are all decently costed with the core of the deck in the 2-4 range so its not like they can't cast their spells if your killing their lands or reducing how much they tap for via something like Blood Moon.

I do think control has a decent match up vs. the Eldrazi since Batterskull seems insane in the match-up. The problem is control is just so bad in modern.

I'm OK with this, because it means that BFZ Eldrazi weren't a total waste competitively outside of Ulamog; also, it's both Eye of Ugin and Eldrazi Temple.

It's not that the Eldrazi are so good (although they are), it's that we have these lands to enable them. TKS wouldn't be as oppressive if it came down on turn 4. I would really not be surprised if we see an Eye ban in our next rotation.

(As a counterargument, though, PTs are notoriously unreliable for predicting the upcoming meta. Remember when Abzan was in the same position last year, and it didn't smoosh everything afterwards? Wait and see.)

It's not that the Eldrazi are so good (although they are), it's that we have these lands to enable them. TKS wouldn't be as oppressive if it came down on turn 4. I would really not be surprised if we see an Eye ban in our next rotation.

(As a counterargument, though, PT metas are notoriously unreliable for predicting the upcoming meta. Remember when Abzan was in the same position last year, and it didn't smoosh everything afterwards? Wait and see.)

I've held the position for a while that more and more of this block's cards will creep out of the woodwork over time, but especially after Khans and Fate Reforged rotate a few months from now.

(As a counterargument, though, PTs are notoriously unreliable for predicting the upcoming meta. Remember when Abzan was in the same position last year, and it didn't smoosh everything afterwards? Wait and see.)

Agreed that its FAR to early to call anything yet. Let the meta adapt to the deck before saying X needs to go. Not to mention I'd rather Twin, Bloodbraid, and a few other cards come off the ban list before we ban more stuff.

I've held the position for a while that more and more of this block's cards will creep out of the woodwork over time, but especially after Khans and Fate Reforged rotate a few months from now.

Agreed. BFZ has powerful cards, its just they can't compete when you have perfect mana and such powerful gold cards running around.

Mostly because of Eldrazi Temple, fyi. This doesn't actually produce mana. This only set up the nuts, which wasn't as common looking at most of the footage. Mimic was also a jabroni, too. Deck is still bad, imo. Chalice of the Void is why it is better. THe UR Version is a meta call against the Eldrazi decks, tbh. Pro Tour is inbred, blah, blah. Do I need to rant more?

It turns off Eye, but thats about it. Like I said, the reason I think Eldrazi is so much better then Tron is because they are still playing mostly normal casting cards so Temple only tapping for one just makes it fair. Still, I think its much better than Blood Moon against them.

I know its not amazing, its basically a Magus of the moon that doesn't screw your mana too. It also turns off Eldrazi mimic.

I know its not amazing, its basically a Magus of the moon that doesn't screw your mana too. It also turns off Eldrazi mimic.

It honestly seems like one of the best answers though. I am REALLY curious how people try to attack the deck though.

Speaking of answers, saw a really cool fan made card to fight them

u28jnqU.jpg

This is an awesome hate bear since it also gets Tron and even Affinity to some degree.

It honestly seems like one of the best answers though. I am REALLY curious how people try to attack the deck though.

Speaking of answers, saw a really cool fan made card to fight them

u28jnqU.jpg

This is an awesome hate bear since it also gets Tron and even Affinity to some degree.

My wastelands are crying with joy right now.

Cool effect, easily broken though.

Archived