Hello

TheWanderingMist

Hi, I'm new here but I've been playing this game since I was six or seven. So, over a decade. Anyway, I've got a bunch of cards made on here because I felt like seeing them as actual cards rather than just written in a notebook. There's no art though since I can't draw. All right, then. I'll be around for the foreseeable future.

Don't worry if you don't have artwork for your cards; that's why Written Cards exist (and there is nothing wrong with writing everything out).

But anyway, welcome to YCM.

Before you go into Custom Cards and post your stuff, just make sure you know the difference between the two areas.

Advanced is usually for stuff intended to play in the current metagame (which some members may not like at times) or otherwise higher level design. I mean, you can go in there right off the bat if you're ready, but just note that comments are likely going to be directed towards the gamestate or otherwise be more discriminating in what's wrong. Yes, we are aware that not everyone is fully up to date with the competitive world (or wants to make stuff for the meta, especially since it will change as Konami releases new stuff). At minimum, just have a good knowledge of card design and balance, and you should be fine.

Casual is for more general design, so you have a bit more freedom to post things without worrying that some broken Deck in the metagame will abuse it. You may see some notes to common staple cards, but in all, mostly for you to post your cards + have them graded as they are. The obvious note is that you need to attempt to make them balanced.

-----

Anyway, if you need help with things related to Custom Cards, PM me.

Have fun :D

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, I'm just someone who enjoys designing whole archetypes at once. If there's only a couple reviews, oh well. I can just come up with more. After all, Pokemon is another favorite of mine and that's got plenty of ways to turn creatures into cards. I'm mostly out of date since Pendulum became a thing so I don't really pay that much attention to it. The cards I'm going to be posting are clearly going to be designed from a pre-Pendulum standpoint, bar 1 a few here or there.

In terms of Pendulums, the basic stuff is that stuff like Wavering Eyes exists, there's a Deck called EmEm/PePe/Dracorulers (or whatever it's called now) that is Pendulum spam; albeit its potency got nerfed a bit with banlists and other stuff. 

For Archetype stuff, it's advised that you don't make more than 10-15 cards at once. Go over that, and you run the risk of people not willing to grade stuff (as sets tend to be very tedious to critique, especially taking into regard the current stuff). 

Archived