BANZAI!!!!

iU8EggM.png

Coach Hardass

iU8EggM.png

"It's a Spirit Day festival...there's too much fun to be had."

"Then why are you here and not having it? Get a move on!" Dirk barked with a frustrated frown.

iU8EggM.png

She Who Resides

iU8EggM.png

"So, I take it you're here to join in on the whole, School Spirit thing too? Because I'm sure there's a lot of people, other people, who would love to have your brand of spirit spread to them."

"Oh but of course Nijiro dear heart. The School Spirit Festival is one of great importance to the study body, after all, but that doesn't mean the staff should not get in on the act either Nijiro darling" Pauline replied with a marvelous fake smile.

"Ah, Miss Chancellor! And Nijiro too! A pleasure to see you!"

This time, Pauline's smile was quite sincere as she daintily shook the burly cook's hand. "It is wonderful to see you too Bronislav my dear. And I must say it is lovely to see you vendering your delicious goods to the visitors of this fine festival" she smiled merrily.

"It is very good hear that Miss Chancellor" the burly Russian replied as he revealed his wares. "Please, take one! Pick what you think looks the most appetizing!"

"Oh ho ho" Pauline laughed with her hand to her mouth. "Oh dear Bronislav you are such a temptor from the Burning Abyss I must say. But I'm afraid this fine lady is watching her sweet intake now, and so I must politely decline your generous offer. However, I think dear Nijiro here could use a little sweet to balance his sour."

iU8EggM.png

Celebrity Duelist

iU8EggM.png

Well, what was the count now? The selfie count must have made it to 50 by now, from every eager student and visitor who wanted a photo with a real life Guardian Dreadscythe. And it was almost cute how people awkwardly tried to swing the Reaper Scythe around as well. Plus that direct attack diorama would be good publicity if they even know who he was. Oh, this was almost proving delightful enough for Syndri to actually chuckle as he continued to enjoy the festival. If only he had money when he actually went to this school, he'd rule the cosplay area. Granted, that girl dressed up as the Lunalight Blue Cat made his blood boil a little, if and just with a competitive burn. Speaking of competitiveness, a certain sense of his flared to life, one that told him a duel was afoot.

Sneaking off to find the duel fields, Syndri took a seat on one of the stands as he found two young girls dueling. He tilted his head as he watched the duel take off, his mind filled with thought. "Shiranui versus Raidraptors. Depending on draws the match-up should go to the Raidraptors. They can grind advantage far more effectively than Shiranui can, and have a lot more tricks up their sleeves unless the Shiranui girl has the money for Pot of Cupidity and Psy-Framelord Omega in order to grind out her own deck."

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-The Action HERO Duelist-

"Then why are you here and not having it? Get a move on!"

Souji only chuckled a bit, getting the feeling that Dirk was really wanting to be rid of him. "Yes sir, Dirk-sensei." he said, giving Dirk a small salute before turning on his heel and walking off.

Right now he needed to find some action...as of this point, other than making the day of a few children, nothing else was popping out at him. Gotta find something...otherwise things are gonna get dull quickly. he thought.

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

-The Crystal Apprentice-

So much for fun festivities. Roy was completely surprised that this whole situation went down this way, but now in a Duel Field, Kimiko and Meiko began to Duel.

"Hatekeyama's sure scary when she gets mad, eh?"

"Ehhh....you have no idea..." Roy chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. "And here I was hoping to enjoy the festivities today."

With a sigh, Roy watched as the Duel finally started, with Kimiko's turn. A Foolish Burial to take Shiranui Spectralsword and put it in the grave before finishing a face-down monster. Huh...that's a little new. Just going to end it there? he thought in a puzzled manner. The last Duel he watched her play...she went full force from the get-go. However...the last Duel she was in...was against Yushiro.

Soon Meiko's turn started and Roy watched as the Raidraptor deck began to work. "Raidraptors? Oh wow...they look pretty good. Finally get to see them in action." he said, crossing his arms some. And not only did the Special Summoning Spam happen, but a quick flawless transition into an Xyz...and all this and only 600 damage dealt to Kimiko via effect damage. She had an opportunity to attack...why didn't she? Roy thought.

"Hey, guy! You know Hatekayama well? Why is she not dueling as hard as she did against Yushiro-san, eh? I expect she would have Synchro Summoned by now, right? Instead she's sending her own monsters to the graveyard, and playing defensive-like... And Maiko-chan's already dealt damage without even attacking! Maybe she's lost her touch, eh?"

Roy's concentration halted when Balthy spoke to him once more. He sighed only with a shrug. "Honestly, I don't know. Been wondering that myself." he rubbed the back of his head. "The last Duel, pretty much the one with Yushiro, she went full force on him. I wanna say...maybe she doesn't want to make the same mistake again. Don't quote me on this but I'm thinking she was wanting to see what deck Meiko used and probably plan a counterattack like that."

He shrugged again, before looking at Balthy. "Again...don't quote me." Roy then sat down some and extended a hand towards Balthy. "Roy Spectrum...I didn't exactly get your name." He gave off a small smile, before noticing a strange figure in the stands out of the corner of his eye. At first glance, it seemed like...Guardian Dreadscythe? Sure enough...it was a Guardian Dredscythe cosplayer in the stands watching the Duel. Okay...that is a little creepy. he thought, shaking his head.

QiKjzXs.png?1

Nijiro had known that once the older woman had come up to talk to him, he would not have been able to escape and likely go back to doing nothing of note. When it had come to the school spirit festival, Nijiro hadn't even been into the idea of it when he was a student. Rather than coming out early and spending his whole day wandering around at an event he didn't care much for, he had spent it where any student should have on a weekend. In his room. Asleep. However, since becoming a teacher had no longer had such luxury, being a part of his mandatory duties. And while the woman had spoken of him going to enjoy the festivities, there was something inherently about her that made Nijiro wary. Before he could say anything in retort, though, the unmistakable voice of the school's greatest chef had come from behind them. 

Turning to face the man, his expression becoming slightly less tense, he gave a simple greeting of, "yo." Bronislav was a person that likely no one had any problem with, Nijiro included, and so his presence, and equally important his cooking's presence, was well appreciated at this time. Not being one to say no to the desserts prepared by the chef, Nijiro reached in, taking a cookie out after the Chancellor had. While she made a comment about his disposition, he simply said, "please, Chancellor. I'm not sour." After a short pause, in a deadpan tone he said, "I'm bitter." With that, he took a bite into the cookie. While his expression hadn't changed outwardly, a thought did go through his mind. 'funk that's good.'

After swallowing a bit, he then looked to the chef and said, "I'll never get how you make these turn out the way they do." He looked at the cookie, briefly, like it was some kind of complex riddle before looking back and saying, "so I take it you're going about on your usual mission to spread joy and end world hunger in one fell swoop?"

QIbJ3rU.png

Turn 3: Kimiko - 7600 | Meiko - 8000
“My turn! Draw!” Kimiko needed only a brief glance at her hand before seeing the play form in front of her. “First, I summon Shiranui Solitaire in attack position!” The Level 4 image of a sagacious man in old-era Japanese clothes was conjured before the girl with a haughty scoff on Kimiko’s part, and an ATK indicator of 500 on the sage’s part. “He doesn’t look like much, but I can tribute Solitaire to summon any tuner with zero defense from my deck! I tribute Shiranui Solitaire, and Special Summon Shiranui Spectralsword!” As the aging man went up in flames, he was soon replaced by a ghostly warrior in every way identical to the one Kimiko had sent to her graveyard just a turn ago. “Next, I flip up my face-down Shiranui Spiritmaster, and Synchro Summon a Level 6 monster!”

The ghost of a warrior and the priest sat across one another, as the priest pulled forth a sword. Then, the priest began chanting. It was hard to make out just what he said, but as he kept going, the sword began to glow, resonating with the spirit’s presence. In a flash of light, the ghost disappeared, leaving only a pulsing glow behind to indicate he was there, now emanating from the sword’s blade. Only a second later, a large samurai descended from above, to whom the priest handed the sword as he faded away. “Level 6! Shiranui Samuraisaga!”

Seeing the synchro summon happen up close Meiko’s eyes lit up in awe as she exclaimed, “Whoooa. That was so cool.”

“We’re only getting started! I activate the effect of the Shiranui Spectralsword I sent to the graveyard last turn! By banishing it and another Zombie-Type monster from my graveyard, I can synchro summon using monsters from my graveyard! I banish Shiranui Spectralsword and Shiranui Solitaire to summon Archfiend Zombie-Skull!” A pair of spectral white flames emerged before Kimiko, each one containing the ghastly image of the two monsters Kimiko had designated as her synchro materials. Then, the two moved toward one another, until the two flames were as one. The eerie inferno flared up before dying out, and in its place stood not a samurai, but a monster. It resembled one of the most beloved of duel monsters, but the rotting flesh, dark bones, and glowing eye sockets indicated it was certainly not the same creature.

“But wait, there’s more! I activate the effect of Shiranui Solitaire! When it’s banished, I can special summon another banished Shiranui monster to the field. I summon Shiranui Spectralsword!” The glowing image of the ghostly warrior returned to the field, nodding toward its living counterpart. “Next, I Synchro Summon one more time! By using Shiranui Spectralsword and Shiranui Samuraisaga as the materials, I summon a Level 8 monster!”

The samurai raised his distinct flame-shaped sword up above his head, as the blade developed a faint image of the ghost within. Before too long, however, a second hand gripped the sword, belonging to an older warrior in bright robes with long hair. As the second warrior took the blade, the samurai faded, along with the image of his spectral counterpart. Above the new monster’s head, an ATK indicator of 3000 appeared. “Level 8, Shiranui Shogunsaga! And to top it off, I activate Shogunsaga’s effect! By banishing a Zombie-Type monster from my graveyard, Shogunsaga will gain the attack of the monster it banishes! I banish Shiranui Spiritmaster, raising my Shogunsaga to a whopping 4500 attack points!”

“Eh?! That high?”

“Next, the effect of Shiranui Spiritmaster activates! When it’s banished, I can destroy one face-up target on your side of the field. Let’s get rid of that Force Strix.” The ghost of the robed priest was conjured forth from the red blade at Shogunsaga’s side, howling as it charged the bird opposite the warrior and its controlling player.

Watching the effect of the ghostly samurais go off, Meiko could only stare wide-eyed and let out a surprised, “Huuuh?” as the strike connected with the bird. In reaction, the girl then flipped up her face down. “I activate my trap, Raidraptor Readiness, which means Raidraptor monsters can’t be destroyed by...uh, battle, this turn.” Of course, this being an effect, Force Strix was unable to hold its own against the samurai, and the blade felled the bird, causing it to explode and leave Meiko’s field wide open.

“And now we move to the battle phase! Shiranui Shogunsaga, attack her life points directly! Shining Spectral Slash!” At her command, the tall warrior nodded, and took off in Meiko’s direction with speed and without remorse. It raised its sword hand up, and swung down as it came within range.

Watching the giant spectral swordsman come at her, Meiko seemed to panic for a bit as she back away from it. As the sword was about to make contact with her, she then went  to use the one thing that could save her. “I activate Raidraptor Readiness, in my grave. By banishing it, this turn I can’t take any damage.” With that, a spectral silhouette of a bird appeared and blocked the blade of Shogunsaga, though the force of his strike still a cause a gust of wind to blow her a bit back. Letting out a sigh of relief, Meiko acknowledged, “That was close.”

“Without any damage to deal, there’s not much else for me right now. I set one face-down card and end my turn!” Nodding toward Meiko, Kimiko commented “Next turn, you’re mine.”

XCh7dSv.png

"Oh dear Bronislav you are such a temptor from the Burning Abyss I must say. But I'm afraid this fine lady is watching her sweet intake now, and so I must politely decline your generous offer. However, I think dear Nijiro here could use a little sweet to balance his sour."

"I'll never get how you make these turn out the way they do. So I take it you're going about on your usual mission to spread joy and end world hunger in one fell swoop?"

"But of course!" the giant of a chef merrily answered. "The food you eat is best enjoyed with others. But the food you make, I find is at its best enjoyed by others. There is much ground to cover in this festival, so I have no time to waste! Good day, Miss Chancellor and Mister Nijiro!" Pulling out a cupcake from the plastic container in his hands before closing it and returning it to its rightful place on the wagon, Bronislav made his way off, slowly enjoying the fruits of his baking labor and humming a cheerful tune along the way. After all, as he had said, there was much ground to cover today!

"Goddammit, Midori, there you are. Your idiot little toy. What kind of maintenance does he require? Any upkeep? Spit it out, already, I've wasted enough time looking for you."

Still half-stunned, it took Yushiro a moment to process everything, but finally his face contorted into what was supposed to be a scowl.

“He’s not toy…” was his response. It was quiet, but quite clearly defiant. Blythe had unknowingly pushed a button.

However, at that moment, if someone were to place pot of water on Katsu’s head they would find it boiling within moments as she glared daggers at Blythe.

“SECOND RATE?” Katsu growled, her grip on the table’s edge snapping cracks into the plastic surface. “Why don’t you say that to me in a duel if you think you’re so tough? I’ll show you who’s second rate!!”

Yushiro’s attention snapped over to Katsu, whatever bravado had been left on his face melting away into a look of surprise intermixed with a little fear. He’d seen that look only once or twice before, and at that only when Akira was at his most…. Akira-ish, around her. Not a good sight by any means.

“So how about it, Blythe? You and me tomorrow, or are you too scared I’m going to shut that smug face right up and put you in your place?”

“Now now guys I’m sure we don’t need to get into this now, do we?” Yushiro let out a small nervous giggle and put up his hands defensively. “Can we just forget about it for now?” he maneuvered himself in between the two girls, hoping to prevent whatever altercation might result.

“Oh no, this needs to happen,” Katsu’s voice still bearing a heavy load of malice as she pushed Yushiro aside, refusing to break eye contact with Blythe. The meeker boy backed a step or two away with a frown.  “I think Blythe has said quite enough, and somebody needs to to teach her a lesson!”

Hiraku

The festival itself was fun, albeit somewhat dull to an extent. The cosplays ranged from impressive to just please please wear normal clothes. Nonetheless, he was glad he could get the chance to get out of the house and away from real concerns if for only a few hours.

“SECOND RATE?” Hiraku heard a female voice practically roar from down the path between booths. “Why don’t you say that to me in a duel if you think you’re so tough? I’ll show you who’s second rate!!”

Hiraku waded his way through the crowd, and the conflict that was going on seemed to only be escalating. The group that was gathered there seemed to be Yushiro, some of his friends, and two rather nasty looking females as well as... one girl that seemed to be dressed as Yushiro? Great, speaking of second-rate duelists, that low-life was getting a fanbase when he didn't even deserve one.

“Now now guys I’m sure we don’t need to get into this now, do we?” Yushiro let out a small nervous giggle and put up his hands defensively. “Can we just forget about it for now?” he maneuvered himself in between the two girls, hoping to prevent whatever altercation might result. Of course he was the kind of person to avoid conflict like this. The other girl just rolled her eyes at this, annoyed that he'd even try to just leave things alone. Apparently she had her bone to pick.

“Oh no, this needs to happen,” the angry, martial arts girl continued, shoving Yushiro out of the way. Was that Katsu? Hiraku knew she wasn't a very good duelist, but she spent enough time shouting and intimidating bullies that it was hard not to recognize her even in such thick crowds.  “I think Blythe has said quite enough, and somebody needs to to teach her a lesson!” The girl, apparently Blythe, simply shrugged it off with haughty air, which only angered Katsu more.

Hiraku groaned. This was just getting annoying, hearing these... casuals butt egos like as if they meant something; even worse that they were making a scene out of it. The conversation continued, by Hiraku had seen enough to have this get under his skin enough as-is.

"Please," Hiraku spoke up, looking at them with a deadpan expression as they all turned to see who was talking. "Like as if any of you novices can say who's second rate or not."

"Novices? Nobody asked you, kid," Katsu snarled, directing her anger towards Katsu. "Why don't you beat it before I decide to teach you a les--"

Hiraku turned to Katsu first, and looked her right in the eyes. "You, Katsu is it? Put your cards where you mouth is for once in your life, and please stop acting like those silly tournaments you and that hunk of meat over there," Katsu's awful expression didn't disappear, but she definitely quieted down significantly. Hiraku gestured towards Akira without even looking at him, "aren't just meant for children and actually mean something." Hiraku turned to Yushiro, his deadpan expression devolving into more of a scowl. "And you, Yushiro, get your head out of the clouds. Anyone can win against a dueling monkey like Kimiko; don't let that easy victory get to you so easily." Finally, Hiraku turned to the other girl, his scowl softening to something more akin to a mix of confusion and pity. "And I'm sorry, are you supposed to be someone important?"

Hiraku crossed his arms as he watched their reactions boil to surface in the face of his words. He wasn't exactly afraid to be saying such matters; neither of those martial arts meatheads would just attack someone first if violence wasn't already involved, and besides there were enough people around to keep something that bad from happening anyways. "All three of you do us all a favor will you? Stop turning amateur-hour into a scene; you're only annoying everyone else trying to enjoy this festival, and nobody wants to hear your petty arguments."

Balthy's eyes widened as the turn progressed. "Oh, jeez..." he commented, a little slack-jawed. "She slowed up her first turn to Synchro Summon twice! Good thing Meiko had her Trap..." He raised his hands, shouting out onto the duel field. "Meiko-chaaaan! Knock Hatekayama for a loop, so she won't kill me, please! Yeaaah!"

He looked over to Roy, his expression switching over to one of worry. "You think Meiko can win, yeah?" he asked, sounding a touch desparate. "I'm worried if Hatekayama-san wins, she'll come after me, too." His expression slipped, and transitioned into a grin. "I mean... don't get me wrong... I can take her! Boy that'd be something, eh... Everyone's looking up to Yushiro-san after he took her down a peg. I can do it too, ya think, Roy-san?" He took Roy's hand, shaking it from his spo on the ground. "Balthazar Gilliad, pal. Name's Balthazar... Call me Balthy, though! Everyone does!"  

He noticed Roy was looking elsewhere, and turned to follow his gaze. He jumped up, indignance all over his face. "Hey! That's the guy showin' up my costume!"

With almost unbelievable speed he was in the stands, standing on the bench the Dreadscythe cosplayer sat on, resting an arm on one knee as he leaned forward and stared down the cosplayer with what was probably meant to be an intimidating glare, but really just looked silly. "You tryin' to prove something, Scythe-san?" he asked, tugging at a thin cord that poked out from under his costume. A small plume of steam issued from the top of his head, like some hat-mounted traincar. 

- - - - - - -

Blythe had shrugged when Katsu pressed the issue of the challenge. "Whatever," she said breezily, waving a hand dismissively. "Meet you at the arena after school, now about Midori's damn robot..."

But then Hiraku decided to interrupt them. Blythe scowled, glaring daggers at Hiraku, her eyes getting more and more narrowed as he spoke. She stalked up to him as he turned to her, grabbing him by the collar and jerking him towards her.

"Who gave you permission to act like you're better than me, Tsukino?" she asked, smiling cruelly. "Yeah, I know who you are... You're that sophomore on the honor role, aren't you? What's it like being top of the heap of that house of weaklings? Oh, but I forgot," she went on, scathingly, turning her gaze over to Yushiro. "Midori here's made a far better name for himself with one lucky duel. To the point where I actually give a damn about dueling him... More than I can say for YOU." She pushed him away, looking over to Yushiro, her voice grating as she snarled. "Now... Answer. The GODDAMN. QUESTON, Midori."

EGWCLdk.png

Elizabeth Hall

Elizabeth nodded, knowing that Emma was never much for talk when it came to duel time. Naturally, that never much stopped her; Elizabeth was usually pretty talkative on the field when she was with her friends, and this duel most certainly was not capturing her whole attention. More what Emma had said about her appearance, and what that had meant for her and Yushiro, came to mind, and so she looked over her hand, looking to make a quick turn out of it. If she won, she won, but there were some more pressing manners to attend to now. She was going to have to talk to Pat, and get back to her original self if Yushiro was going to like her!

It was only once she actually took a good look at her hand, however, that she realized just how disgusting her hand was. Maybe winning wasn't so much in the forecast after all.

These cards came significantly out of sequence... I'll have to start near the top and restart my cycle to have a chance. Elizabeth ran her spare hand through her hair for a moment, strategizing with what she had. After a brief moment, she pulled a few cards from her hand and began her turn.

"My turn will go like this: Pre-Preparation of Rites, to retrieve Cyber Angel Vishnu and Machine Angel Ritual from my deck. I'll then play the Machine Angel Ritual and summon Cyber Angel Dakini from my hand by tributing Cyber Petit Angel and Cyber Angel Benten. I will then use Cyber Angel Benten's effect to retrieve Cyber Angel Idaten from my deck to my hand. I will finish my turn by using Cyber Angel Dakini's effect to return Cyber Angel Benten to my hand, and end my turn." Elizabeth shrugged; it was far from her most effective of turns, but she needed the cards to set up for a stronger turn in the future, albeit duels never lasted long between the two. Ironically enough, she would have to rely on luck to find her way through this one, and hope Emma's first turn wasn't all that strong either. Speaking of...

"Do you think I should pursue the boy, then? I wouldn't say I'm quite there yet myself, but... it could be a bit interesting to place myself around him more and see what life leads me to. Well, after his silly little wager duel ends, and when school starts up in full swing; I can't have him be the only thing going on in my life, then I would simply look desperate!

...I'm not desperate, am I?" Elizabeth's brain was now full fried by the implications of her emotional availability. This was the first time she had felt like actually being a human being in at least a year now. While she was far from healed, or even ready to take that step with anybody, least of all herself, it felt like she was at least mixing up her incredibly drab routine.

Elizabeth faded out of focus; Emma's turn would be of almost no consequence to her. Her hormonal teenage mind was heavily preoccupied with other things, and it would be obvious to anyone, let alone the Psychiatrist in training.

LP: 8000

Hand: 5 (Cyber Angel Vishnu, Cyber Angel Idaten, Cyber Angel Benten, Machine Angel Ritual, ???)

Field: Cyber Angel Dakini

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Emma Pathos

The redheaded young woman grinned all throughout Elizabeth's turn- she'd opened up decently well, and apparently her friend hadn't. "I'm not entirely sure I'd call you desperate, but human affection is definitely a must at this rate. Just being around him might not be enough- take a page from my book and engage him in conversation at the soonest available opportunity," she smiled as her turn began. The next combo piece came into her hand, and she was more than ready.

"I'll begin my turn by using Morale Dragon's effect: I can Special Summon it from my hand by discarding 1 card," Emma explained, for the benefit of the odd people watching this friendly engagement. "Also, because Unstable Hatchling went directly from my hand to the Graveyard, I can Special Summon it." Now she not only had a rather large gray dragon with huge emerald banners for wings, it was accompanied by a small, violently shaking baby dragon.

[MORALE DRAGON

WIND - Level 5 - Dragon/Tuner - 2000 ATK]

[uNSTABLE HATCHLING

WIND - Level 3 - Dragon - 1200 ATK]

"So, I'll tune my Level 3 Hatchling with my Level 5 Morale Dragon! Take flight, purest being of hope and light! Infuse the world with the brightness of your body and purpose! Synchro Summon, Level 8! Shining Hope Dragon!"

In a flash of white light, a huge pure white shenlong appeared on the field, bathed in golden light that gave it a nearly heavenly appearance. Suddenly, two more gray dragons appeared beside it. "Due to Morale Dragon's effect, if I use it as Synchro Material to Summon a Dragon-Type Synchro monster, I get as many Morale Dragons are left in my hand and Deck. In addition, Shining Hope Dragon gives me 2000 free Life Points when it hits the field . . . but unfortunately, after it's Synchro Summoned, it has to disappear to the Graveyard," Emma explained, taking her time with explanations for the audience's benefit.

As she said, Shining Hope Dragon disappeared as quickly as it had arrived, leaving Emma with 2 copies of Morale Dragon. "Now, using these two Level 5 monsters, I can Xyz Summon: Rise up, being of soul-crushing despair! Inflict upon your foes the true meaning of hopelessness! Xyz Summon, Rank 5! Crushing Despair Dragon!" The two dragons were absorbed into a vortex that looked vaguely like a spiral galaxy, before a pitch-black bipedal dragon with deep violet eyes appeared from the darkness, orbited by two purple balls of light.

[CRUSHING DESPAIR DRAGON

DARK - Rank 5 - Dragon/Xyz - 3000 ATK]

"Of course, this dragon is here to stay- it is relatively easy to crush hopes and dreams, but depression and despair lingers and festers in your soul," Emma explained darkly, "but of course, you know all about that, don't you, Liz?" Emma adjusted her glasses, fully taking on the darker role in this- Action Duel or not, playing up a role for the audience was absolutely necessary. "You also know its effect- once per turn, during either of our turns, I can detach 1 of this dragon's Xyz Materials to inflict 200 points of damage to you for every monster in our Graveyards. Mine has Shining Hope, 2 Morale Dragons counting the one I just detached, and Unstable Hatchling- four. Yours has Cyber Petit Angel- 1. Ergo, 1000 points of damage. Despair's Gravity!"

Crushing Despair loudly roared, and suddenly there was a heavy pressure on Liz's shoulders as this dragon took a sizable chunk out of her Life Points.

"I think I'll Set 3 cards, but I won't attack. I've done enough for one turn," Emma smiled. "Your move again, Liz." Judging by the fact she still had a card in her hand at the end of the turn, it was a monster she didn't want taking attention away from her dragon- in fact, it was Silent Psychic Wizard, but Liz needn't know that.

Emma:

10000 LP

1 card in hand

Crushing Despair Dragon (3000 ATK)

3 Set S/T

Graveyard-

Shining Hope Dragon

Morale Dragon x2

Unstable Hatchling

iU8EggM.png

She Who Resides

iU8EggM.png

"Good day, Miss Chancellor and Mister Nijiro!"

"Fair well dear Bronislav!" Pauline replied cheerfully as the burly chef was out of sight. "Ah, what a wonderful man. A slightly bit cuckoo, but a wonderful man nonetheless" she chuckled affably to her travel companion. "It brought a smile to your face to dear Nijiro~"

iU8EggM.png

Celebrity Duelist

iU8EggM.png

"Hmm, this changes things a little. The Shiranui girl is getting high on the offensive. Readiness is a cheap and honestly noob out, but effective nonetheless. The facedown is probably Swallow Style, as Shiranui typically won't play too much backrow beyond that. But given the resourcefulness of Raidrapter, I'd reckon the other one could pull off a Revolution Falcon despite the Swallow Style" Syndri thought, until.

"You tryin' to prove something, Scythe-san?"

Seriously? This Dekoichi the Tank Engine knock-off was getting up in his grill? He looked like he had ran headfirst into a pride parade covered in glue. Well, there's only one way to deal with an upstart. Getting up, the Guardian Dreadscyte stood tall over the hunched Balthy. Holding onto his scythe tightly, he swung in the blink of an eye, the blade dancing in front of the horrid cosplayer. Relaxing his arm, Syndri reached up and flicked at the beak-like hinge Balthy had, the piece flying away down the stands along with a few strands of hair. And with a patient dust of his attire, the evil Guardian sat down to continue watching the duel.

-The Action HERO Duelist-

Souji continued to walk around the festival in his Contrast HERO Chaos cosplay and occasionally stopped to take pictures with those who wished it. ...That is all.

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

-The Crystal Apprentice-

It was turn 3, and now Roy was seeing the side of Kimiko he knew: a swarm of Synchros being summoned to the field without a problem whatsoever. First Samuraisaga, then Shogunsaga. Though at this moment, what interested Roy was the style she worked into this Duel. Unlike the other Duels he'd seen from her, especially from her versus Yushiro...she didn't start with a Synchro.

Rather...she prepared for a dual Synchro summon for this turn. It was actually impressive!

"You think Meiko can win, yeah? I'm worried if Hatekayama-san wins, she'll come after me, too."

Roy looked over at Balthy and chuckled some, shrugging. "If I'm being honest, I've never seen Raidraptors in actions this close before. That being said, who knows. I have seen a lot of the Shiranui though and I know what they're capable of." he shook his head, before returning his gaze to the Duel. "Though, wouldn't be surprised if Kimiko doesn't decide to want to come after you. After all...this might just be a way for her to let off some steam."

"I mean... don't get me wrong... I can take her! Boy that'd be something, eh... Everyone's looking up to Yushiro-san after he took her down a peg. I can do it too, ya think, Roy-san?"

"Ya sound a little TOO confident in your abilities." he chuckled, finally getting the name of the young man: Balthazar Gilliad.

Roy only watched the Duel, not noticing that Balthy went off to antagonize the Guardian Dreadscythe cosplayer. Not even being able to strike any damage to her opponent? Man...these Raidraptors are something else...still, something tells me this is far from over...one EITHER side. he thought.

cDxSylu.png

Turn 4: Kimiko - 7600 | Meiko - 8000

Having just narrowly avoided a complete one turn kill, Meiko let out a deep exhale before hearing the cheers of Balthy. Looking to the boy in the audience she flashed a grin alongside a thumbs up to him before focusing back on the opponent at hand. "My turn, draw!" As she looked in the cards in her hand, she knew just what monster that she wanted to bring out here.

Pulling the first one from her hand she started, “first, I summon Raidraptor Vanishing Lanius. Next, because Vanishing Lanius was summoned this turn, I can special summon another Raidraptor from my hand. And I choose, Raidraptor Impale Lanius.” With that girl placed another card on her duel disk." Being summoned alongside the green robotic bird, a rather similar, yet red, one appeared next to it. “But there’s still more! Because I control a Raidraptor monster, I can summon Raidraptor Fuzzy Lanius from my hand again.” With the smaller, purple, robot bird appearing aside the three, Meiko’s face got a wide grin on it.

“And now, I control 3 level 4 monsters so I can bring the big guy out. I overlay my Fuzzy Lanius, Vanishing Lanius and Impale Lanius!” With that, the same dark vortex that had appeared earlier came back, and the robotic birds had all become streams of purple energy that flowed into it. “Firey Falcon, undaunted by strength, blaze a trail towards victory.” With her chant completed, the portal fired out a huge beam of light with a silhouette of some creature appearing in it. “Xyz Summon! Rank 4! Raidraptor Rise Falcon!” With that, the crimson robot, jet equipped, bird appeared, letting loose its cry.

“Three xyz materials for a monster with only 100 attack points?” Kimiko scoffed. “This little birdie of yours better have some impressive abilities to make it worth the investment.”

A confident smirk appeared on her face as her monster’s ability was called into question. “He may be small now, but my Raptor’s got quite the effect. Once per turn, I can detach one Xyz Material from Rise Falcon and target one special summoned monster you have. Then, Rise Falcon’s attack is increased by that amount.” With that, one of the three orbs orbiting the falcon was absored into it, as it looked towards Shogunsaga, gaining a spectral fire aura around it as its attack shot up by 3000.

“Next, because Fuzzy Lanius was sent to the grave, I can add another one to my hand.” The card shooting itself back out of the deck and into Meiko’s hand, the girl then continued. “Now, let’s battle! Rise Falcon attacks Archfiend Zombie-Skull. Rising Flare!” With that, the bird coated itself in fire as the thrusters on its wing ignited, jetting itself towards the lightning zombie fiend.

Kimiko braced herself as the Rise Falcon charged her monster. It was too soon to use the face-down card, and she didn’t have some special trick up her sleeve to stop this. As much as she hated it, she had to take this 600 damage fair and square. (7600---->7000) The falcon charged into Kimiko’s fiendish monster, and when the dust settled from the explosion, she was there. “You’re not planning to just chip my Life Points off little by little, are you?”

Meiko gave a confident smirk, as she declared, “of course I am!" Not quite realizing what she had said, she then continued on with her turn. "Now, Rise Falcon has one other effect, which lets it attack every special summoned monster you control. Rise Falcon, attack Shiranui Shogunsaga.” The falcon climbing into the sky after killing the zombie archfiend then circled around as it dove straight back down into Shogunsaga. With the samurai attempting block the falcon’s charge with its blade, Rise Falcon had managed to charge through it and destroyed the monster, dealing 100 more points of damage to Kimiko. (7000---->6900) Feeling proud with herself, Meiko was smiling brightly as she said, “woohoo! Now, with my attack done, I set one card face down and end my turn.”

“The effect of Shiranui Shogunsaga activates when it’s destroyed, allowing me to return one banished Zombie-Type monster to the graveyard, as long as it has zero defense. I return Shiranui Spiritmaster to the graveyard! And now, my turn!”

Turn 4: Kimiko - 6900| Meiko - 8000

Holy crap, things had escalated quickly. Things got out of hand really fast. He found out Blythe was not wanting to date Yushiro and was instead holding Takeo hostage so Yushiro would duel her. Then everything went to hell, with Katsu yelling at Bylthe, some new guy stepping in and insulting the three, and Yushiro looking confused as all hell. It seemed he needed to step in.

"You," he stated in a tone that'd freeze fire, walking over and stopping in front of Bylthe. "Get out. I might be honored bounded not to interfere with you and Yushiro's little bet, but I sure as hell can beat you, both card games and otherwise. Also there is the fact one of us should probably be telling the teachers about you. There's no way this isn't breaking some sort of rules," he then turned towards Hiraku, his tone returning to his over dramatic self.

"As for you, I, the man Akira, appreciate you trying to keep the peace, although you, the man I do not know, are being a slight ass about it. I, the man Akira, will also ask you to refrain from insulting the man Yushiro. While I, the man Akira, do believe his sudden burst of popularity is a bit unwarranted, and trust me, I'd know since I've been dueling everyone that wants to duel him..., he won the fight fair and square against that harpy, who really needed to be knocked down a peg. Let the man Yushiro enjoy it,"

If you do a cosplay in the future, try not to be a really cute catgirl in tight clothing, m'kay?" Sai chuckled a bit. Just because he cross dressed just now, didn't mean he was planning on doing it all the time. Oh crap... He was cross dressing. Needed to shove that thought of his mind. "By the way, who are you? Like your name and stuff."

"O-oh, r-right," He said nervously, blushing and scratching his cheek. "I'm Sai. So... Wh-what's your name?" he then chuckled and added jokingly. "A-lso, I don't think you need to w-worry about me trying to be a really c-cute catgirl,"

Qr9RV4K.png

Well, so much for diffusing the situation. All Yushiro's intervention seemed to do was make things worse, and he found himself shoved out of the way as Katsu's temper started to get the better of her. Blythe's uncaring reaction seemed sure to only fan Katsu's flames, and judging from previous experiences Yushiro guessed that the situation was this close to getting out of hand. Before the worst occurred though, someone unfamiliar stepped in and tried their hand at calming things down, or so it seemed at first.

"Please. Like as if any of you novices can say who's second rate or not."

Well, he certainly wasn't trying to be diplomatic about it, though in a way he shared Yushiro's opinion on the whole matter. No one present, with possibly the exception of Blythe and Akira (on one of his better days) could really be considered an exceptional Duel Monsters player. None of them save Yushiro himself were "bad", of course, but they hardly stood out among Blue Yonder's student body when it came to their dueling skill.

Speaking of standing out, it was only now, a second or two after he'd started speaking, that Yushiro noticed how short the newcomer was. Yushiro himself wasn't that tall, or large, and even he had a good three inches on him. The air he gave off did quite the job of masking his actual stature, that was for sure. In what had become a pattern in the last few minutes though, Katsu spoke up again, interrupting Yushiro's train of thought before it turned onto yet another tangent.

"Novices? Nobody asked you, kid. Why don't you beat it before I decide to teach you a les--"

"You, Katsu is it? Put your cards where you mouth is for once in your life, and please stop acting like those silly tournaments you and that hunk of meat over there," The new guy gestured to Akira without looking in his direction. "aren't just meant for children and actually mean something."

"What did he just call Akira?" Yushiro's brow furrowed as he recoiled a bit, an unfamiliar heat beginning to burn in his chest. This kid had quite the mouth on him. He seemed to have stunned Katsu, too. Then, the two locked eyes.

"And you, Yushiro, get your head out of the clouds. Anyone can win against a dueling monkey like Kimiko; don't let that easy victory get to you so easily." Yushiro said nothing as the feeling in his chest intensified. The new guy didn't seem to notice though, and turned to Blythe last. "And I'm sorry, are you supposed to be someone important?"

Unlike the rest of those present though, Blythe had a retort.

"Who gave you permission to act like you're better than me, Tsukino?" So that was his name. Yushiro made a mental note of it.

"Yeah, I know who you are... You're that sophomore on the honor role, aren't you? What's it like being top of the heap of that house of weaklings? Oh, but I forgot," Blythe gestured back to Yushiro, who, seemingly noticed by no one present, was now visibly upset, and not quite in his usual, hurt Yushiro sort of manner.

"Midori here's made a far better name for himself with one lucky duel. To the point where I actually give a damn about dueling him... More than I can say for YOU."  She directed her question to Yushiro one last time. "Now... Answer. The GODDAMN. QUESTON, Midori-"

"You. Get out." Akira, who had probably been as stunned as Yushiro had been, at last spoke up before Blythe could add anything. "I might be honored bounded not to interfere with you and Yushiro's little bet, but I sure as hell can beat you, both card games and otherwise. Also there is the fact one of us should probably be telling the teachers about you. There's no way this isn't breaking some sort of rules." Then, he turned to Tsukino and spoke in his usual booming Akira voice.

"As for you, I, the man Akira, appreciate you trying to keep the peace, although you, the man I do not know, are being a slight ass about it. I, the man Akira, will also ask you to refrain from insulting the man Yushiro. While I, the man Akira, do believe his sudden burst of popularity is a bit unwarranted, and trust me, I'd know since I've been dueling everyone that wants to duel him..., he won the fight fair and square against that harpy, who really needed to be knocked down a peg. Let the man Yushiro enjoy it," Typical Akira. Unfazed and undeterred in expressing himself in the same way he always did. He handled most every situation like this, good or bad. Tsukino had another response though. He spoke to Yushiro's two friends, as well as Blythe.

"All three of you do us all a favor will you? Stop turning amateur-hour into a scene; you're only annoying everyone else trying to enjoy this festival, and nobody wants to hear your petty arguments."

Before anyone else present could speak again, Yushiro made his way into the middle of the group, and began speaking in a tone that neither Katsu or Akira would have expected to come from Yushiro: a threatening one, or at least his best attempt at sounding threatening. He had his gaze firmly fixed on Tsukino, though he put his hand up toward Blythe and spoke to her first.

"Taketo'll be fine if you leave him alone. Thank you." There was a kind of fire in his glare as he spoke. The stress and anger Yushiro had built up during the past few days had begun to boil over, ready to be unleashed on a single target. He took a few steps forward so that he was looking down on the smaller boy at a slight angle, and unconsciously puffed his chest out a little. "Who do you think you are, huh? Insulting my friends, people you don't even know, and someone who isn't even here to defend herself, because you happened to overhear something that's none of your business to begin with."   Yushiro's teeth clenched a moment in a near-silent growl before he continued to speak. "What makes you think being good at a stupid little card game gives you the right to say whatever you want to whoever you want to?" Another growl, this one audible, followed, before Yushiro finished by yelling. "Guys like you piss me off!!"

QiKjzXs.png?1

After the chef teacher had left their company, Nijiro couldn't help but nod in agreement. "How someone can stay that chipper all the time is beyond me." Not paying much mind to her second comment about, the man simply continued on walking, the chancellor by his side. Looking around, he continued to look through all the festivities that were going on, unable to find any sort of trouble that needed his attention. As such, without turning to face her he asked, "so, was there anything in specific you wanted to see here?" She was probably going to continue to follow him so might as well not make it harder on himself. 

Hiraku

Blythe in particular didn't take too kindly to Hiraku's venomous words, glaring daggers at him and finally walking up and grabbing him by the scruff of his shirt. Hiraku didn't seem particularly daunted; in fact his grin only winded as he stared Blythe right back in her eyes.

"Who gave you permission to act like you're better than me, Tsukino?" she asked, smiling cruelly. Well, I think I'm one of the top students in his grade and possibly the school, but who's to judge? "Yeah, I know who you are... You're that sophomore on the honor role, aren't you? What's it like being top of the heap of that house of weaklings? Oh, but I forgot," she went on, scathingly, turning her gaze over to Yushiro. "Midori here's made a far better name for himself with one lucky duel. To the point where I actually give a damn about dueling him... More than I can say for YOU." She pushed him away, looking over to Yushiro, her voice grating as she snarled. "Now... Answer. The GODDAMN. QUESTON, Midori."

"I would say I've made a pretty good name for myself if the 'oh so great Blythe' has heard of me," Hiraku replied in a mocking tone. "Yeah, I know who you are, but only because the loud mouth over there," Hiraku gestured over to Katsu, who growled loudly at the comment, "pretty much just said your name. Otherwise, I couldn't possibly be expected to keep track of every middling senior student there is. Although I mean really, I can't imagine WHY a senior student who gets her kicks picking on freshmen hasn't made a bigger name for herself!"

Akira had approached Hiraku, but Hiraku ignored him for the most part. He mentioned something about knocking Kimiko down a peg, although that naturally was going to happen one way or another eventually, it was funny that some other younger student took her out with luck-based cards. Hilarious, but unlike what Akira thought, there was really nothing in that victory that should be worth enjoying. Beating down one weak player is no different than beating down another weak player, and there was no glory in that. Yushiro, however, stepped over and glared down at Hiraku with his own words to say.

"Who do you think you are, huh? Insulting my friends, people you don't even know, and someone who isn't even here to defend herself, because you happened to overhear something that's none of your business to begin with." Yushiro's teeth clenched a moment in a near-silent growl before he continued to speak. "What makes you think being good at a stupid little card game gives you the right to say whatever you want to whoever you want to?" Another growl, this one audible, followed, before Yushiro finished by yelling. "Guys like you piss me off!!"

Hiraku laughed, his voice condescending and sarcastic as he did so. "I'm sorry, but how did you friend put it regarding what's-her-name? Knocking her down a peg? If any of you have any hopes of getting anywhere in the pro circuit, then you need to know your place. Who do any of you think you are gloating over these rabbits like you just hunted a bear?" Hiraku's smile faded and he returned Yushiro's glare right back at him. "Mediocre players such as yourself don't deserve the spotlight, Yushiro. And as shocking as it is, that bonehead Blythe over there is right; you did make a bigger name for yourself with one lucky duel than any of us real players have simply by playing well. Nonetheless, it's people like you that piss me off; bad players who get far more attention than they deserve.

Hiraku reached into his bag and removed his duel disk, mounting it on his arm. "If you think you have what it takes to really stand up in the big leagues, then say it with your cards Yushiro. Otherwise, don't waste my time with your empty words."

"I'm sorry, but how did you friend put it regarding what's-her-name? Knocking her down a peg? If any of you have any hopes of getting anywhere in the pro circuit, then you need to know your place. Who do any of you think you are gloating over these rabbits like you just hunted a bear? Mediocre players such as yourself don't deserve the spotlight, Yushiro. And as shocking as it is, that bonehead Blythe over there is right; you did make a bigger name for yourself with one lucky duel than any of us real players have simply by playing well. Nonetheless, it's people like you that piss me off; bad players who get far more attention than they deserve. If you think you have what it takes to really stand up in the big leagues, then say it with your cards Yushiro. Otherwise, don't waste my time with your empty words."

Akira blinked. There was pure passion behind this man's words, but he seemed to be... Well a complete ass. Not to mention misguided. Time to set him straight.

"Um...," Akira held up a finger. "You... Gave an anime worthy speech... buuuuuuuut the man Yushiro doesn't want to be a pro, the man wants to be a game designer. I, the man Akira, also just want to inherit my father's dojo and be the best teacher I can be to the next generation," he scratched his cheek. "Sorry for that misunderstanding," he then straighten up, his duel disk snapping to life. "Also, you are not a special case. If you want to duel the man Yushiro, you have to duel the man Akira!" He grinned as he took his stance. He could both protect his friend and further his dojo at the same time! It must be his lucky day!

Blythe couldn't help but find herself smirking as Yushiro bit into Hiraku. She chuckled as she began strolling away from the group, hands in her pockets as she called lazily over her shoulder. 

"Well, well, Midori... You do have a spine, eh? Good. Our duel will actually be interesting then. Your robot will be returned to you in perfect condition. Good as new, I said... I intend to follow my word." She turned her eyes on Hiraku, her expression souring considerably. "You... brat," she said dismissively, blatantly "forgetting" his name. "I'll have to show you who's boss one day... lucky for you I'm booked up... with her." She pointed at Katsu, not even bothering to look at her. 

"Arena after school... don't be late. I would be SO disappointed if we missed the lesson you plan on giving me, Tanaka." She laughed derisively, dissapearing as the crowd of students around them parted, looking nervously at Blythe as she strolled away, completely at ease.

- - - - - -

"... Hey!" After a few seconds of initial shock (the guy had SLICED A SCYTHE at him. Who DID that?!) Balthy had jumped down about three rows in the stands, peering his head over the seats. "Geez, mister, I was only kidding, no need to get all huffy like that. Man..." he said with disapointment as he headed back towards Roy, pawing at his headpiece and searching for the bit Syndri had knocked aside, steam leaking from the gap. 

"Well, don't bother with THAT guy," he said irritably, jerking his thumb at Syndri. "He's just a crabby old..." he trailed off as he saw Rise Falcon powering up, attack power soaring. "Yeah, Meiko-chan!" he yelled, amazed. "Rise Falcon can raise its attack power that high? ANd Meiko-chan still has two overlay units left!" He grinned, clapping his gloved hands together. "She's got this in the bag! What can Hatekayama do against 3100 attack power?"

-The Crystal Apprentice-

Turn 4...and it definitely looked one sided now. There was Meiko bringing forth a swarm of Laniuses...Lanius....Laniui? Whatever they were known as, they swarmed the field and as quickly as they came...they were used in Xyz.

"I overlay my Fuzzy Lanius, Vanishing Lanius and Impale Lanius! Firey Falcon, undaunted by strength, blaze a trail towards victory. Xyz Summon! Rank 4! Raidraptor Rise Falcon!”

However, Roy at seeing Rise Falcon, was in the same boat as Kimiko. A monster with only 100 attack? Was that a misplay? he thought, before watching what transpired next.

“He may be small now, but my Raptor’s got quite the effect. Once per turn, I can detach one Xyz Material from Rise Falcon and target one special summoned monster you have. Then, Rise Falcon’s attack is increased by that amount.”

"Wait...so that means...Shiranui Shogunsaga...meaning it now has..." Roy mumbled to himself, watching the attack from Rise Falcon begin its ascent to a new amount to 3100. R-Raidraptors...they're something else...

"Yeah, Meiko-chan! Rise Falcon can raise its attack power that high? ANd Meiko-chan still has two overlay units left! She's got this in the bag! What can Hatekayama do against 3100 attack power?"

Roy watched as Kimiko lost 700 Life Points through this turn, as well as getting Spiritmaster in the graveyard. He exhaled a bit, before turning towards Balthy, who seemed pretty upset still about the Dreadscythe cosplayer being a real piece of work. But his question to him still was recent in his mind.

"Well..." he sighed. "She just got Spiritmaster to the grave. Right now she has: Shogunsaga, Spiritmaster, Solitare, and Spectralsword..." Roy looked over at Balthy with a small smile. "All I'm saying...she's still go some tricks up her sleeves. This Duel is still pretty early...so don't count her out yet."

EGWCLdk.png

Liz groaned, she hated when Emma got all caught up in her little act; she always knew the wrong buttons to push! How was she supposed to focus on this duel if she had all this stuff on her mind and her friend was plucking at strings she knew very well were not to be touched? The young woman didn't even bother bringing it up; she knew Emma better than that. Liz looked at the digital clock on her duel disk; it was almost the afternoon, and it felt like the evening from how tired she was already from the day's goings-on. She looked up at the field, then her hand, and back to the field. She quickly cycled some cards, wordlessly playing out her turn, before explaining it post summoning:

"Alright, here's the turn. I'll use Machine Angel Ritual, discarding Idaten and Benten to the graveyard to summon Cyber Angel Vishnu. Because Idaten was tributed, Dakini and Vishnu both gain 1000 ATK, giving me 3700, and 4000 ATK, respectively. Now, we both know that Vishnu will destroy your Crushing Despair Dragon on summoning, which brings Shining Hope out to play, equaling out at a total net gain of 1000 LP for you. After having all three monsters attack, unless you've a reply, our turn ends by you having, in total, gained 300 LP on the turn, and having Crushing Despair out on the field once more. Which, I suppose is good enough for one turn. I end." Elizabeth's mind was racing far too much for her to realize that she had more or less accomplished nothing, floated a huge hand, and fell behind in the swarm. It was not often Elizabeth made such egregious mistakes, but this was certainly one of them. To a lesser duelist, this turn would be passable, but for Ms. Hall, this was a miserable turn. Some duelists, even those as bright as Elizabeth, are just not able to overcome a mental block when it is present.

LP: 7000

Hand: 1

Field: Vishnu(4k),  Dakini(3.7k)

Emma Pathos 

It wasn't like Elizabeth to play this . . . sloppily. Normally, the older girl at least avoided sending Crushing Despair Dragon to the Graveyard any more than was necessary, knowing of its partnership with Shining Hope . . . and yet, Emma had actually started her next turn with a net gain in Life Points. A small one, but . . . what could one do? 

"I begin my turn," Emma said softly, examining her next draw with interest, "and, unless the card in your hand happens to be Honest, the Duel will end now."

"I begin," Emma explained, "by activating the Continuous Spell Card known as Spell Absorption. Now, if a Spell Card is activated, I gain 500 Life Points." As she finished explaining her card's effect, a hand with a swirling white vortex in its palm appeared on Emma's field. "So, to fuel it, I activate Poison of the Old Man, and increase my Life Points by 1200."

Emma practically glowed with the white energy on her field, contrasting her highly with her demonic-looking black dragon. As her Life Points shot up to 12000, creating a gap of 5000 points between her Life Points and Elizabeth's, the little redhead's grin grew slightly wider . . . as she activated another Spell Card. "Now that that's over and done with, I activate Space Cyclone, which detaches an Xyz Material from Crushing Despair Dragon . . . and, thanks to Spell Absorption, I gain 500 more Life Points. But I'm not done yet- I activate my dragon's effect once more, which inflicts 1200 damage to your Life Points. Despair's Gravity!"

Emma's Life Points ticked up to 12500 just as Elizabeth's dropped to 5800, creating a solid lead of 6700 points . . . but that changed little regarding the field. Emma still had the weakest monster on the field- and yet, she declared an attack. "Crushing Despair Dragon, attack Cyber Angel Vishnu! Obsidian Lance!"

The violet-eyed dragon took flight, its massive claw aimed directly at Vishnu . . . and Emma laughed. "Now I activate Tsukumo Slash! If a monster I control is in battle, this Spell Card increases my monster's ATK by the difference between your Life Points and mine! And, Spell Absorption triggers in response, increasing my Life Points by 500 more . . . and due to the method by which a Chain resolves, my Life Points are increased, then Tsukumo Slash increases the power of Crushing Despair . . . meaning that my monster's attacking power is 10200 points!"

And with that one attack from Emma's side, the Duel was over. "That was definitely a fast Duel, I shall allow it that much," Emma sighed, "although it does not seem like your focus was on it. Is this issue with the Midori boy that pressing?"

EGWCLdk.png

Elizabeth shook her head; by the time she had even started paying attention to the duel in front of her, it was over, and Emma was next to her, asking her questions again.

"What? No.. No it's not that distracting... I've just had a really long day. I haven't exactly had a day like this since before Todd passed, Em. I'm having a bit of trouble here figuring out whether or not that's a good thing. It's all that Katsu girl's fault... You know her? She put this wild thought in my head that Yushiro and I have some sort of connection, even though we had barely met, and you know how I overthink. It's been driving me nuts all week." Elizabeth patted her sides; right, she wore leggings today, no pockets for her lighter to be in. This day was getting gross, and quick. 

"Yeah, I guess give it a week or so for me to get back to myself. I'll have something figured out by then for sure. I wanna go meet up with Pat today though, so I'll have to meet up with you another time Em. Wanna grab lunch on our usual day again this semester? Senior schedule is pretty light; I guess Yonder finally gave up on me." She chuckled; she was only half kidding, but she found the comment funny anyway, "Anyway, I'll see you later Em, sorry for the lame duel. I'll smoke you next time." Elizabeth winked at Emma and made her way back up the hill towards the apartment.

Elizabeth stood back in front of her mirror just a few moments later, running her fingers through the long, soft, platinum hair that ran from her scalp, cigarette filling the bathroom with smoke and dancing around her facial features. She looked at the box, knowing full well that she should be waning off of them, but that would have to be a goal for another time. For now, she looked back into the mirror, letting her thoughts roam free as she waited a return message from Pat, the friend from the Coffee shop she abandoned before.

I wonder if I'm being ridiculous about all of this... he's such a young kid and I'm a mess. Even if we do have chemistry, I'd probably just be overwhelming him anyway... but still, I can't help but feel like it might be really good for me to do that kind of stuff again. Is that awful of me? Ugh. She ran the head of her cigarette under the faucet, extinguishing it. I've got to get my head off of this. I'll just meet Pat at the recreation center; that stupid jock is always hanging around there. 

Elizabeth picked up her small black clutch, that she slung over her shoulder, creasing her chest and hanging around her right hip, and made her way towards the door once again, this time with the intention of talking to someone who knew a thing about getting into foolish relationships: the smartest idiot she knew.

QIbJ3rU.png

Turn 5: Kimiko - 7600 | Meiko - 8000

“Draw!” Kimiko already knew what direction she wanted to take here. “I activate the effect of Shiranui Spectralsword in my graveyard! By banishing itself and the Archfiend Zombie-Skull you so kindly provided me with, I’ll synchro summon another Level 8 monster! I summon another Shiranui Shogunsaga!”

“You had two of them?”

“Of course!” Not long at all after the words were spoken, a towering warrior dove in from above, in every way identical to the one that had been struck down mere seconds ago. “Except this time, with the effect of the new Shogunsaga, I’m banishing the Shogunsaga you just destroyed. I have a plan.” The shogun held his flame-shaped sword up, as the spirit image of the his perfect lookalike was absorbed into the weapon. The monster’s attack meter, as a result, soared up to 6000, as it stared the falcon opposite it down.

“Next, I summon Shiranui Samurai to the field!” Kimiko declared, as she slapped a card from her hand down onto the Duel Disk, prompting up the Solid Vision image of a young swordsman who stood beside his giant of an ally, with an ATK of 1800. “Next, I activate Shiranui Samurai’s effect! By banishing a Zombie-Type monster from my graveyard, my Samurai gains 600 attack points until the end of this turn, and banishes any monster it battles. I banish Shiranui Spiritmaster! And you know what that means.” The smaller warrior raised his own fire-like sword above his head, as it pulsed with the ghastly image of the Spiritmaster. The priestly ghost let off one final unintelligible wail before darting off in the direction of Meiko’s falcon. “If you can save that bird of yours, now would be the time.”

Looking at her face down, Meiko had realized that it was not the right card for the job now, having not seen the same effect coming at her again. As she accepted this the spectral blade that was Spiritmaster had struck through Rise Falcon, destroying it and leaving her field open again. Looking at her opponent’s monster, she gulped as she understood what was about to happen.

“Battle! Shiranui Samurai, attack her life points directly!” And the warrior complied, charging in Meiko’s direction, swords at the ready. As the samurai’s weapons swung down and reduced Meiko’s Life Points to 5600, Kimiko didn’t waste a second moving in for her next attack. “Shiranui Shogunsaga, finish the job! Shining Spectral Slash!” And, similar to his smaller counterpart, the shogun obliged, charging Meiko as the fire-like sword in its hands glowed viciously. The sword swung down with a distinctly vocal-sounding whoosh as the Life Point counter plummeted, stopping at zero.

“And that’s how it’s done!” Kimiko confidently exclaimed.

JwKKY9y.png

"O-oh, r-right. I'm Sai. So... Wh-what's your name? A-lso, I don't think you need to w-worry about me trying to be a really c-cute catgirl."

"I'm Leona," the not-actually-a-Lunalight Blue Cat answered. The catgirl comment seemed to elicit an amused smile from her. A simple glance around at the surrounding stalls also told Leona that people in this little corner of the festival were too occupied with food and interacting with one another to bother wanting pictures of cosplayers. At least, that was the case right now. Good. She wanted something sweet, and didn't want to get bombarded with cameras again in the process. Of course, she couldn't exactly ditch this person she'd just met. Directing her glance to a nearby stall, Leona asked a simple question.

"You want some cotton candy?"

cDxSylu.png

When the final attacked had gone through, Meiko had been knocked back by the impact of it and landed flat on her back. As she could hear her duel disk reaching the number zero, the girl just looked blankly to the sky for a bit. She had lost. Quite convincingly at that. Well that sucked. But it just meant that there was more ways to improve and get better for next time! Yeah! And so, stretching her hands to her side and pushing herself off the ground, landing on her two feet she looked to her opponent with a smile on her face. Walking over to her, she patted Kimiko on the shoulder saying, "that was great Kimiko-chan," her eyes slightly averted from her opponent's as her expression became slightly more downtrodden, mumbling, "sorry about not making it that exciting." Shaking her head a bit, her expression returned to its original peppy self as she said, "but I'll be sure to do wayyy better next time. Just you wait!" 

Looking back to the other two who were watching, an idea hit her as she then looked back to the girl declared, "anyway, the day is still young and activities are a plenty! So, how you and Roy-kun like to join Balthy-kun an I exploring it all. You know, food, games and all other festive stuff! After all, fun travels in packs, and the larger the pack the more the fun!" After saying that she scratched her chin wondering if that was even a real thing but then said, "so how about it?"

iU8EggM.png

Celebrity Duelist

iU8EggM.png

And there it is Syndri noted as the Revolution Falcon appeared, and as expected, it cleared out the Shiranui's girl field. "The Shiranui girl didn't use her face-down when there were more than two targets, so clearly it isn't what I thought it was. Question is can it help her?" he thought. The two subsequent explosions told the complete story, as the Shiranui girl's field was cleared in a pair of explosions that barely fazed him. "Spiritmaster back into the grave? Hmm, she's planning to destroy something then. Plus, she still has two Spectralswords in her grave. Yeah, we're looking at some pretty cookie-cutter moves right now."

And lo and behold, we got some more average plays, and Syndri's interest was quickly waning. “You had two of them?”

"Of course she would have two of them. With the ease of producing Shogunsaga you'd naturally run exactly 2. 3 would be excessive, and 1 is too easily dealt with."

Syndri had to stifle a yawn as the Raidraptor girl was easily overwhelmed and bested, on the fifth turn no less. How pathetic. Not even that loser Salem lost that quickly, despite his best efforts in the matter. Picking himself up, the errant Guardian ignored the girls mostly as he walked down the steps to the duel field, which he leapt onto with a light thud. Eyeing the two girls, Syndri lifted his mask up an inch, just so he could be heard clearly. "This duel gets a four out of ten for average and generic moves" he stated plainly, and then left in search of something that could actually interest. "It's been so long since I've been here that I've forgotten just how boring academy students are."

-The Crystal Apprentice-

It was turn 5 now and just as Roy figured...Kimiko didn't even begin to go full force here.

The turn started off with her Sycnhro Summoning another Shogunsaga by banishing Spectralsword and Archfiend Zombie-Skull. Now THIS was how he knew Kimiko could Duel. It only got worse for Meiko...

"With the effect of the new Shogunsaga, I’m banishing the Shogunsaga you just destroyed. I have a plan.”

I'll say...already Shogunsaga was powerful...but with this? She just had it's attack skyrocket to 6000! Roy smiled, shaking his head. Its frightening how scary Kimiko looks Dueling like this...

Then the assault began. After summoning Shiranui Samurai, it struck at Rise Falcon via effect, and then dropped Meiko to 5600 Life Points with a physical strike. Then it was all over but the crying. Shogunsaga struck at the Duelist as well, immediately dropping her Life Points down to zero. With a sigh, Roy shook his head before standing up and looking in Balthy's direction.

"See what I mean?" he chuckled before shrugging. Roy then moved over towards Kimiko, noticing out of the corner of his eye the Dreadscythe cosplayer walking off in a hurry....towards the field.

"This duel gets a four out of ten for average and generic moves"

Generic and average moves? That wasn't something he'd expect to hear... Roy looked at the Dreadscythe cosplayer in a bewilderment, as he the man left as quickly as he came. "Ooooookay...not sure what that was about." he thought, shrugging. "Regardless, it was a pretty good Duel, Kimiko."

• 2 weeks later...

Qr9RV4K.png

"I'm sorry, but how did you friend put it regarding what's-her-name? Knocking her down a peg? If any of you have any hopes of getting anywhere in the pro circuit, then you need to know your place. Who do any of you think you are gloating over these rabbits like you just hunted a bear?"

Gloating? If there was one thing that Yushiro didn't do, it was rub his successes in the face of others. Quite the contrary, in fact. He really wanted none of the notoriety that came with the win, and if he was being honest with himself he also felt bad for Kimiko, despite how unlikable a person she was. Being ridiculed wasn't fun. Tsukino clearly had no idea what he was talking about. Not just a jerk, a presumptuous jerk.

"Mediocre players such as yourself don't deserve the spotlight, Yushiro. And as shocking as it is, that bonehead Blythe over there is right; you did make a bigger name for yourself with one lucky duel than any of us real players have simply by playing well. Nonetheless, it's people like you that piss me off; bad players who get far more attention than they deserve."

"You act like I wanted the publicity; like it was my goal to have half of this school after my head..." The heat in his chest hadn't gone away yet. Instead it only intensified as the two boys met each other's glares. They both stood there a moment, Yushiro ignoring what Blythe said to them before she walked away. Finally the anger managed to articulate itself and the words came out of Yushiro's mouth.

"You're the only person here who needs to know their place. And you know what? "I'm gonna be the guy who puts you in it. Then we'll see what comes out of that big mouth of yours, kid." It was Yushiro's best attempt at sounding tough and condescending, and though the height difference between the two probably worked in his favor, it was doubtful that the words would have much impact. Hiraku's reply confirmed it, though Yushiro got the response he wanted regardless: The smaller boy pulled out his duel disk.

"If you think you have what it takes to really stand up in the big leagues, then say it with your cards Yushiro. Otherwise, don't waste my time with your empty words."

Wordlessly Yushiro reached for his deck box, ready to accept the challenge. Then, with his finger on the velcro strap, he stopped, and all of the blood rushed out of his face as the memory of the morning's events came back to him. His deck was in pieces; completely disassembled and about as far as possible from being playable as it could be. There was no way he would be able to duel right now.

Immediately, the anger in him was replaced by fear. this was going to be an embarrassing nightmare, dwarfing his run-in with the pavement the day before. And he'd dug his own grave there was nothing that he could do to salvage the situation. He'd be the laughing stock of Blue Yonder. There was no escape, there was no hope, he was completely-

"Um...,"

Akira! His friend was still there, and, knowingly or not, stepping in to save Yushiro's bacon.

"You... Gave an anime worthy speech... buuuuuuuut the man Yushiro doesn't want to be a pro, the man wants to be a game designer. I, the man Akira, also just want to inherit my father's dojo and be the best teacher I can be to the next generation." He stepped forward, looking as imposing as ever, and ignited his duel disk with a bravado that Yushiro wished he was able to emulate. Akira spoke, his voice booming. "Also, you are not a special case. If you want to duel the man Yushiro, you have to duel the man Akira!"

Awesome. Now it was time to play along, and thank the man later. Yushiro tried his best to muster up the confidence he'd displayed before.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that little detail. I've been so inundated with challenges lately that Akira volunteered to take some of them on for me." He turned to his friend, then looked back at Hiraku. "You heard him. If you're so keen on knocking me down a peg, you've gotta get through his Superheavy Samurais first. Lets see if you can back up your big mouth."

Hiraku

"You... brat," Blythe shot back at Hiraku. "I'll have to show you who's boss one day... lucky for you I'm booked up... with her." Hiraku snorted, but Katsu's glare only grew more intense. "Arena after school... don't be late. I would be SO disappointed if we missed the lesson you plan on giving me, Tanaka."

"I wouldn't dream of it," Katsu snarled back as Blythe left the scene.

Hiraku was too occupied with Yushiro to really concern himself with Blythe right now, and it seemed that his words only continued to goad Yushiro along. Hiraku's smirk betrayed his enjoyment of this situation.

"You're the only person here who needs to know their place. And you know what? I'm gonna be the guy who puts you in it. Then we'll see what comes out of that big mouth of yours, kid." Yushiro fired back, Hiraku's smirk faltering at the comment on his height. Either way, the challenge was on.

"We definitely will," Hiraku replied with a smile as he reached for his own deck box, but was stopped short.

"Um...," Akira spoke up after remaining quiet, surprising Hiraku. "You... Gave an anime worthy speech... buuuuuuuut the man Yushiro doesn't want to be a pro, the man wants to be a game designer. I, the man Akira, also just want to inherit my father's dojo and be the best teacher I can be to the next generation."

"So what about it?" Hiraku asked, his hand on his deck box.

"Also, you are not a special case. If you want to duel the man Yushiro, you have to duel the man Akira!" Akira boomed with plenty of bravado.

"What," Hiraku muttered to himself, taken aback by the sudden dramatic statement.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that little detail. I've been so inundated with challenges lately that Akira volunteered to take some of them on for me." Yushiro turned to his friend, then looked back at Hiraku. "You heard him. If you're so keen on knocking me down a peg, you've gotta get through his Superheavy Samurais first. Lets see if you can back up your big mouth."

Hiraku laughed; this time his voice was dry of the sarcastic and cutting tone it had before. "Alright, I accept," Hiraku responded, pulling out his deck and inserting it into his duel disk; the disk lighting up to an light-gray, straight rectangle. "I'll even give you the first move."

Archived