[MtG] [SOI] Daily Spoilers 16/03

Rodrigo

>werewolf on a horse

Horsewolf is a solid card for limited. Especially since it's uncommon.

Groundskeeper reprint is actually pretty sweet. They missed the opportunity to make it look like an actual graveyard groundskeeper though.

New Sigarda is cool. Show her off as the one angel who remains on the human's side while also playing into her original version. I was disappointed in how the legendary creatures in Battle didn't have the best ties to their original versions.

Rise from the Tides is really sweet. Not sure how cool it will be, but it seems fun.

Another Jace, another mediocre walker. I'm getting real sick of this sheet wizards. Other blue walkers do exist.

Looks like Olivia's gender reassignment surgery was successful. Can't be killing monsters with a 3ft long hard on.

I actually saw Owen point out on twitter that the new Jace is VERY similar to Ob. Both a 3MM, start at 5, +1 that draws, - that deal with creatures, and an ultimate at 8 that makes an emblem. I think Jace is better, but they are super close.

Yea, this jace is literally a color shifted ob. All the more reason to hate it. They could of put the same abilities on a different name and people would probably be much more excited about this card. Instead we get generic Jace #103939

Just for the record, Jace is worse than Obi, too. It is less impressive, doesn't deal with the creatures properly, feels bad to cast, and I can't masturbate to shitty Jace cards where Obi can only get better.

I think its close. Jade's +1 is obvious better and while destroying a creature is better than unsummoning it, Jace go unsummon twice which is something imo. Ob's ultimate is better, but thats not as important when evaluating planeswalkers.

I think its close. Jade's +1 is obvious better and while destroying a creature is better than unsummoning it, Jace go unsummon twice which is something imo. Ob's ultimate is better, but thats not as important when evaluating planeswalkers.

Jace is bad because the decks that would want to use his abilities don't need cards that stabilize, but that act as win conditions. This fills up too many spots where sweepers and finishers fill, and take away from cards that permit more value in the game. Ob Nixilis helps to stabilize in decks that outgrind and have a cleaner suite of win conditions.

Jace is bad because the decks that would want to use his abilities don't need cards that stabilize, but that act as win conditions. This fills up too many spots where sweepers and finishers fill, and take away from cards that permit more value in the game. Ob Nixilis helps to stabilize in decks that outgrind and have a cleaner suite of win conditions.

This is this cards biggest downfall, it can't actually win the game like Ob can. 5 mana is a heavy investment for a durdle machine.

Archived