Pokémon: Tipping Point [OoC/Started/Accepting]

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reptilious, it's morning. You can intro your character now. Also, Garbit and Ashley are back.

Map of Thornbay City:

. = grass and dirt

H=a house

G= Gym

L= Lake

F= Forest

S= Item shop

LLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

LLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

LLLLL.............................................FF

LLLLL...............GGG......................FF

LLL...................GGG.....CCCC.......FF

FF........HH.....................CCCC.......FF

FF........HH.....................CCCC.......FF

FF................SS...............................FF

FF..HH.........SS.........................HHFF

FF..HH...................HH..............HHFF

FFFF......................HH....HH..........FF

FFFFFF...........................HH..........FF

FFFFFFFFFFFFF............................FF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...............FFF

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

...that map is not a perfect rectangle in programs like Notepad.

I did minor corrections, but is this any better? Copy/pasting the following into Notepad gives straight edges on all four sides.

LLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
LLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
LLLLL.............................................FFF
LLLLL.................GGG......................FFFFFF
LLL...................GGG........CCCC.......FFFFFFFFF
FF........HH.....................CCCC.......FFFFFFFFF
FF........HH.....................CCCC.......FFFFFFFFF
FF................SS...............................FF
FF..HH............SS......................HHFFFFFFFFF
FF..HH....................HH..............HHFFFFFFFFF
FFFF......................HH.....HH..........FFFFFFFF
FFFFFF...........................HH..........FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFF............................FFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...............FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also, I'm guessing the Cs are the Pokemon Center?

If that's what you need to make it work in Notepad, I don't have a problem with it. From my end, my map works, but I can understand formatting being dumb.

Also, yes. I completely forgot that part of the map legend.

Just know that each house is a 2x2 square, the shop is also 2x2, the Gym is 3x2, and the Pokémon Center is 4x3.

Yup. Time to step up your game, everyone! It's now officially a four-person RP.

Also, given that in this day in the RP, we'll have both Ashley and Danial challenging Fern, the Thornbay City Gym Leader, here's her Pokémon:

Thisspark, Female (GRASS/ELECTRIC) Iron Barbs

Charge Beam, Grass Knot, Sweet Scent, Defense Curl

Predincense, Female (GRASS/FIRE) Hydration

Ember, Leech Seed, Sweet Scent, Scent Trap[!]

[scent Trap - Grass-Type Physical move, 60 power, 95% accuracy. Instead of being resisted by Bug, Fairy, and Flying-Types, is super-effective. 15% chance of lowering opponent's Speed 2 stages]

Oh, sorry to double post, but this is just to call Htamret's and TND/I don't know's attention to the fact that they can and should post now.

Also, here's the base stats for Thisspark and Predincense. Remember that they're both single-stage evolutionary lines.

[spoiler= Thisspark]

HP: 60

ATK: 40

DEF: 80

Sp.A: 90

Sp.D: 100

SPE: 30

BST- 400

[spoiler= Predincense]

HP: 60

ATK: 86

DEF: 40

Sp.A: 92

Sp.D: 64

SPE: 78

BST- 420

Yes. Yes I am. I just needed an excuse for more Furmine antics, because I wanted to bring something up:

Due to there being 3 different models of Pokédex in play (Neos's Kanto Dex, Ashley/Garbit's Teno Dex, and Danial's Unova Dex), each one will have a different Dex entry for the same Pokémon. This means that while Ashley and Garbit get the sympathetic "fur is too short" entry, because Pine likes Furmine, Neos and Danial will get different Dex entries because Oak and Juniper would have drastically different opinions on the little thieving rodent, for example.

Actually, in regards to Neos' dex, since the update for info on the Teno Pokemon were gained from Professor Pine, so his would actually show the same info as Ashley's and Garbit's. On the other hand, the other regions, excluding Kalos (he's never been there, hence his reaction upon hearing of the Fairy type early on) would show with Oak's entries as well as some of the other professors in those regions.

I took the liberty of updating Ashley's and Garbit's profiles with their current Pokémon.

Also, if Neos scans a Pokémon that existed up to Gen 3, he'll get its FireRed Dex entry. If it is from Gen 4 or 5, he gets the White 2 entry. If it's from Generation 6 or Teno, he gets an entry I wrote personally, which were canonically written by Professor Pine . . . who, personality-wise, is a mix of Hagrid's love of some of the worst things (except Cragmite and its evolution, which he loathes with a passion), your average scatterbrained nutty genius, and that one teacher everyone had growing up who cares a little too much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nah, it's actually just a public school. It happens to have a sister school in Japan, so there are exchanges and trips to and from Japan every few years. I hosted two students last year, but I got to see how the other side of that is. I stayed with a family for only like four or five days, the rest of it was touring around and seeing the sights. If any of you have questions I'll try to answer them.

I'm also tired as hell because jet lag is a beyotch, which is partially why I haven't posted, but I'm really happy I got to do it.

Oh, and I posted ^^;

Archived