[Sakura] Pokémon sprites

SpyccAP.pnguSkwWeo.pngRIWoEST.png

Obviously my first shot at this stuff, so yeah not perfect.

Original Pokes are Gallade (base) and Sawsbuck (Winter), though I recolored it to use its Spring form coloration (so yes, I used the Gen 5 sprites for this).

Wanted to do more with this (i.e. add Bisharp's helmet to it for a samurai-esque thing), but this will do for now. Probably will get more elaborate as I get better at doing this.

Would've looked a lot better if my equivalent of Paint wasn't screwy with the color replacement tool after a while. 

I'll update this later with future endeavors, but CnC. 

As I mentioned, the color tool for my OS equivalent of Paint was acting up (and I was watching Night's tutorial during the process); might've turned out better if program cooperated (and the colors would fit). If I just took out Sawsbuck's face instead of just putting the entire head on its body, it'd look cleaner; right now, it does look like it has a thick neck (which the base didn't, last time I checked)

Color scheme I wanted was pretty much somewhere in the green/brown range (and some of the parts on the legs should've been different tones as opposed to whatever). 

----

Though, future ones should be better now that I kind of know how to do this stuff now (still going to be imperfect for a while). 

Before I bother to "CnC". I honestly want to know why it looks like a JPG despite its filetype being PNG. There actually looks like there is some fracturing in the image.

Did you save it by a JPG by accident at first or something?

Before I bother to "CnC". I honestly want to know why it looks like a JPG despite its filetype being PNG. There actually looks like there is some fracturing in the image.

Did you save it by a JPG by accident at first or something?

Scaling images with imgur yields results like this, so I would assume that or something similar is what occured here.

As fir my own criticism, beyond what was already said about the colors, it kinda just feels... wrong.

I would like to say that anything can be spliced with anything, but the difference in shape, particularly visible at the neck, and really just looks like a gallade wearing a sawsbuck mask, rather than a real combination of the two.

The neck is probably the most obvious flaw of this, bar the colors being off [but that was already mentioned]. Should've chosen a base with a skinnier neck (I debated using other stuff, but that didn't turn out so well after trying). I tried rotating stuff, but for whatever reason, it got pixelated. 

As for the resizing issue, that's about why. (Images will get pixelated if you resize them beyond a certain factor; in this case, 1000% percent for viewing purposes [the one on left]).

----

Not particularly impressed by it otherwise.

PrtSc on a zoomed canvas > ctrl+v on an imgur page > edit image > crop > save. Even IMGUR has features that will save you time and increase quality.

The "most obvious flaw" on this is how flat the colors are. Gallade doesn't have much shading but where he does, it shows form. This has none.

I also see only the head as a changed feature. And that isnt even really "combined". I mean if all you're doing is getting used to MSPaint/etc, then I'm sure you did a good job.

(Late-ish reply)

Well, I don't really use Paint (or its Linux equivalent, which was used here) much for graphic work nowadays (if at all). 

As I mentioned, said program has its issues with doing color swapping after a certain point [it worked fine halfway through, then tool decided to screw up]. But otherwise, the neck does need to be skinnier (cutting it from the left side might've worked, since Gallade's neck isn't that thick; least from the sprite) and the colors actually need to show depth. I had done the palette thing like Night did in the tutorial and got out the appropriate shades on the side. Why that method didn't work in here, I just don't know.

I'm trying V2 out on the side, except in white to match the base colors [as I originally used the winter form, it should be a bit nicer]. Neck is so far a bit skinnier in that version due to trimming, but again still WIP (and I can't guarantee that it will turn out better than this one did). Not sure when I'll post it, but probably after some trial and error.

But yeah, I'm not too thrilled with how the colors came out either.

Archived