[Finished][Leaderboard] Winter 2015/2016 Postseason

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of right now, Striker, Dova and Donar haven't submitted a card; although Striker and Dova both requested extensions [not sure about Sage though] so their matches will not start until Friday. (As such, you three have until then to get stuff in)

In the meantime, Next Tuesday vs Cherz and Gadjiltron vs UltimateIRS will go on. (Matches will be up in an hour or so)

Come to think of it, are we permitted to contest votes in this? (I wouldn't try to use an affirmative answer to change the Round 1 results, I didn't think any of the votes were quality votes.)

nSliE02.jpeg

Name a deck that can easily use this card with all three of the effects activated. In order to maximize its potential, it's pretty much impossible for both cards as your card can only have the Xyz Monster as the Tuner, and connot be used as any other of the materials. This means that the walking Xyz Skill Drain usually would not be able to be used. However, even if you did use the most common Xyzs, R3 and R4, this card is still near impossible to bring its max potential; just having 2/3 of the effects makes the card weak because the missing effect can be easily be exploited by most of the decks in the meta.

Gadjiltron's card was simply better for the fact that it was easier to Summon, had shortcuts to Summon it, and the Star Seraph effect is just simply more useful in the end. If both cards only happened to use 1 Extra Deck type as a material, I merely felt the pop + draw is better than any single effect from your card.

I would assume that general Leaderboard stuff applies (though since the 12-hour thing went into effect; only one you could've contested was likely the tiebreaker one I had to give; other stuff would've passed). That, and any veto rights that either Striker has as chairman or my ultimate veto as CC mod [a reminder that Gadjiltron also has this right if he needs to]. 

In any case, both of the cards did fulfill the requirement and did have their uses; I just simply felt card A was more feasible in the long run, all factors considered. (I did factor in some back Decks that aren't meta-quality at present, but even then...)

----

For a more direct answer, you should be able to contest votes (although I should be better at catching these things before accepting them). 

Indeed, it was coincidental but nothing wrong with it. 

Next matches are Striker vs Soulfire & Sage vs Dova, but again only Soulfire/Sage have submitted a card at present.

Since the maximum extension is two days and the cards were due on the 5th, wouldn't the extended deadline have already passed at the end of yesterday?

Also thanks for the clarification on contesting votes.

Well, I didn't get to posting the matches until 11 am the next day, so the 2 day extension may have been vague (whether it was 2 days exactly after the original deadline OR the time when I posted the first matches). 

Although if I had strictly enforced that thing to be 11:59 pm last night, then we'd have to deal with Striker and Sage both not having any cards (and because of how double elimination works, I can't send both of them to the loser bracket). But in this case, Sage did get the card in before the other two matches ended.

----

In any case, the time limit for both Striker and Dova has elapsed, so yeah Soulfire and Dragon Sage will get automatic default wins. 

Round 2's theme will be up shortly; debating on a choice between two themes. 

Hopefully the Round 2/L1 theme is still relatively simple to handle this time around, because it does involve making a card based on someone (well, an actual person).

Round 2 theme

Design a card based on a historical person of your choice. 

Aside from this, you have free reign in what kind of card you choose to make for this, as well as any effects you feel would be suitable. 

Deadline: April 11th @ 11:59 pm HST 

(To avoid any confusion in the long run, if you ask for an extension, your card needs to be in by April 13th at the end of the day.)

If you have any questions about the scope of this theme, do ask. 

Hopefully the Round 2/L1 theme is still relatively simple to handle this time around, because it does involve making a card based on someone (well, an actual person).

Round 2 theme

Design a card based on Ernesto "Che" Guevara (so yes, this amounts to a Pop Culture card of sorts, but one that should be of Advanced quality). 

Aside from this, you have free reign in what kind of card you choose to make for this, as well as any effects you feel would be suitable. (You are more than welcome to use any images of him you find online for the pic, or you can opt for a card picture)

Deadline: April 11th @ 11:59 pm HST 

(To avoid any confusion in the long run, if you ask for an extension, your card needs to be in by April 13th at the end of the day.)

If you have any questions about the scope of this theme, do ask. 

I'm not sure if designing a card based on a Marxist (Left-Wing ideology supporter) is a good idea for some of the competitors, Sakura. Some of them might not be comfortable with it if they're extreme Right-Wing supporters, and it just seems like a really awkward theme to make a card on.

Maybe have it change to a card that is related to an historical political thinker instead for the flavour, as opposed to mainly Che? But even then... It's still somewhat awkward tbh.

Not that I'm outright calling you out on this, but the topic just seems really awkward and I'm not sure if it would attract reviewers. On a personal level, I just find myself being repelled to give a vote on an awkward Che card. =/

Fair enough, it's been fixed to a historical person of your choice (so yeah, Pop Culture)

(Though for future reference, I'd prefer you mention this to me in PM)

I chose this theme because I have to write a paper on him for Spanish and due to movies. 

Yeah, sorry about that. Should have done it over PM. But even then, it's still kind of awkward tbh, but I think that it provides a good challenge for the Cardmakers to be unique with their effects, as long as it contains elements of that historic individual.

*Reads the last sentence....* -facepalms- 

Trying to relate YGO to schoolwork... =l

Lol, I was joking. 

In all honesty, if the contestants have no veto against the topic, then you might as well as keep it (the original). I just personally find them rather... lackluster to review if they're done poorly with lack of creativity and effort. However, if they turn out to be quite excellent, then it should be fine.

Archived