Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Agro

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link drops boulders on moblins.

Link drops wood planks on moblins.

Link is a dick.

Oh also this game is doing the Team ICO thing from the look, to the feel, to the music and I'm loving every bit of it.

Oh also this game is doing the Team ICO thing from the look, to the feel, to the music and I'm loving every bit of it.

Ok so it wasn't just me, I was very heavily reminded of stuff like Shadow of the Colossus watching the trailer. Maybe a bit of Ghibli, too. It's fantastic and beautiful and I love it and want it so bad.

I'm wondering what the story is. The only sort of thing we can see is that everything's funked up. "Travel across fields, through forests and to mountain peaks as you discover what has become of the ruined kingdom of Hyrule in this stunning open-air adventure."

Ok so it wasn't just me, I was very heavily reminded of stuff like Shadow of the Colossus watching the trailer. Maybe a bit of Ghibli, too. It's fantastic and beautiful and I love it and want it so bad.

I agree, the atmosphere from the trailer is fantastic and beautiful. I can't wait for it to come out.

I think there was talks about the Wolf Link amiibo being available separately at some point down the line, can't remember. Good thing too, as the amiibo will be usable in Breath of the Wild and there will also be 3 new amiibo (as pictured in Agro's post), one of which will have flexible parts.

I'm super interested about the different armor/weapons. There's his normal blue tunic outfit, the knight armor, a more wintery outfit with fur boots. He's got a lance and axe as well.

I am also interested in all of those clothings that I'm not going to wear.

Actually, I just want hats now...

Who's a cute puppy? You're a cute puppy!

I need to get Twilight Princess HD and this amiibo now.

EDIT: So from interviews and stuff, we know some things like:

• Ganon is in the game.
  • You can make your way to the final boss from the very beginning and skip everything else (reminds me of Lavos in Chrono Trigger).
  • Pro controller support.

Also, I'm probably going to get struck by lighting a lot whenever there's a storm because I won't want to remove my cool knight armor.

There's no female link in this game, as confirmed by Aonuma (he said if they were to ever have a female protagonist it'd just be simpler to make Zelda the playable character). That was a fan-fueled rumor and Nintendo never gave any indication of such a mechanic.

From what has been explained, there's no towns, similar to the first game (there will be stray NPCs, though), and Link also won't have any sort of partner character like Navi, Midna, or Fi.

Also, I've noticed that this Link is a bit younger (going by his looks and voice) than what we've had in stuff like TP and SS, it's a neat change.

There's no female link in this game, as confirmed by Aonuma (he said if they were to ever have a female protagonist it'd just be simpler to make Zelda the playable character). That was a fan-fueled rumor and Nintendo never gave any indication of such a mechanic.

Which is bullshit to me. I can understand and dig them wanting to make Zelda playable, but don't let not knowing what to do with Link stop you. You literally just set up whatever role Zelda would do and put Link in there. Him being a magic prince in one of the games doesn't really seem like a major stretch to me.

This game does look gorgeous and cool though, I'm pumped.

When it comes to what he said about female Link as well as his argument as to why Link is right handed in this game (you input attack controls from the right side of the controller so it feels more natural), I don't think Aonuma is really trying to make a valid argument, he's just trying to avoid saying something so blunt like, "We're doing it this way because we want to, it doesn't really matter. Shut up, you annoying fans." 

Like, I imagine the only reason he said anything on the matter was because this non-existent thing that wasn't going to happen has been hyped so much by people that he sort of had to say something, even if it's dumb. I know I'm tired of all the talk about the possibility of female Link. We have Linkle in Hyrule Warriors but that's not exactly the same as she's her own character with her own story, people are wanting gender options for Link.

I don't think we'll ever have gender options for Link, just like we won't ever have gender options for characters like Mario, Donkey Kong, or Samus. We have games like Pokemon and some Fire Emblem titles for that.

That was a fan-fueled rumor and Nintendo never gave any indication of such a mechanic.

Well technically it had actual basing since Emily Rogers leaked it and she has been trustworthy source.

When it comes to what he said about female Link as well as his argument as to why Link is right handed in this game (you input attack controls from the right side of the controller so it feels more natural), I don't think Aonuma is really trying to make a valid argument, he's just trying to avoid saying something so blunt like, "We're doing it this way because we want to, it doesn't really matter. Shut up, you annoying fans." 

Like, I imagine the only reason he said anything on the matter was because this non-existent thing that wasn't going to happen has been hyped so much by people that he sort of had to say something, even if it's dumb. I know I'm tired of all the talk about the possibility of female Link. We have Linkle in Hyrule Warriors but that's not exactly the same as she's her own character with her own story, people are wanting gender options for Link.

I don't think we'll ever have gender options for Link, just like we won't ever have gender options for characters like Mario, Donkey Kong, or Samus. We have games like Pokemon and some Fire Emblem titles for that.

The joke is that he's gotten called out for it because the best answer actually was just "we didn't want to." Like he could say that and everyone would respond with "okay." Like, we'll still advocate for it, because I think it's a cool idea, but most if not all people aren't going to get up in arms over it.

Obviously, the reason Link is getting singled out is because unlike Mario, or Donkey Kong, or Samus, he changes every game (okay Donkey Kong has changed over the years but it's still different). So the best argument is still 100% just Aonuma not wanting to do so. And really, that's the main takeaway from this. Aonuma sees Link as a guy, and he just doesn't want to change it. That's basically what he should have said.

If he's not sure about what to do with Link, he can always just put him in a tower like they have with Zelda for years. lol

Archived