Number C98: Dystopia the Pitch-Black Storm

JessicaMuddy

An evil version of UTL, as well as being another Chaos Number to add to the collection.

ZkcLLyR.jpg

3 Level 5 DARK monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 98: Dystopia" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) If Summoned this way, the following effects cannot be activated this turn. During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster on the field: Negate its effects, then its DEF becomes 0, also, change it to Defense Position (if possible). When a "Utopia" monster is Special Summoned: You can return this card from your Graveyard to the Extra Deck. You can only use this effect of "Number C98: Dystopia the Pitch-Black Storm" once per turn.

Thoughts?

This is one of the few, rare instances that I've seen someone not only make a fan-support of an existing card with very well-matching artwork, but a name that fits the style so very well. Seriously, props for nailing the theme and the style.

If there's anything I have against the card, it's that the effects you get for it feel too good for a free rank-up on a 2-mat Rank 4. If there was an additional restriction to the summon, something to put some more effort into getting it out, I feel like you'd have something really solid here. Well done.

Shame about those watermarks, though.

QUICK NOTE: You forgot the material requirements.

This is one of the few, rare instances that I've seen someone not only make a fan-support of an existing card with very well-matching artwork, but a name that fits the style so very well. Seriously, props for nailing the theme and the style.

If there's anything I have against the card, it's that the effects you get for it feel too good for a free rank-up on a 2-mat Rank 4. If there was an additional restriction to the summon, something to put some more effort into getting it out, I feel like you'd have something really solid here. Well done.

Shame about those watermarks, though.

QUICK NOTE: You forgot the material requirements.

Thanks for all the feedback! I was going to put a restriction on the Summoning, but the first thing my mind went to was C39 (the 1000 LP or less one) and I completely crossed restrictions off the list. I'll find one in a bit.

Yeah, the watermarks kinda suck, but I'm happy that you think the theme is perfect. Makes me feel like I did a good.

I will also add the materials now.

EDIT: Changed up the effect.

I will assume it's 3 Level 5 monsters for the time being, in a similar vein to S39 and Hope's other Rank-Up forms (likely is, since you mentioned this to be the evil version of UTL). At time of posting, they aren't up. 

But anyway, I would suggest requiring 98 as a material to actually trigger its effect (similar to how UTL needs that detach to become 5K); otherwise, any R5 deck that can field 3 materials quickly of these will have a field day negating things; especially since it's a quick effect (though I'm not sure what can actually field the printed mats). Or if that doesn't work out too well, just go the #21 route and have it detach a material before you Rank-Up into this. I'd probably require needing #98 for flavor reasons (since most Rank-Up Xyz generally need their base forms)

Otherwise, I'm generally fine with it as a whole, given what it's capable of doing. 

Archived