Harmless Offering [Cuz MtG is just better YGO, right?]

Arimetal

Curious why you went with a spell from your deck when the MTG card gives control of a card you have in play. Spell would be a far narrow set of cards making it safer, but this type of effect only really takes a single card to go from zero to hero and I'm sure you'd find that across all types. I'm of the mind that this type of effect is at its most fun when it has more things to play with so I'd recommend opening it some.

I can think of several intentional-drawback Traps that you can work on the concept of this card, but I'm not certain of Spells. Maybe activate Card of Demise on the opponent and then force them to lose their hand by ending your turn?

Didn't do traps because of Relay Soul being a thing

Curious why you went with a spell from your deck when the MTG card gives control of a card you have in play. Spell would be a far narrow set of cards making it safer, but this type of effect only really takes a single card to go from zero to hero and I'm sure you'd find that across all types. I'm of the mind that this type of effect is at its most fun when it has more things to play with so I'd recommend opening it some.

I felt it kept its flavor and was more versatile like this.

I suppose I could have it summon a monster to their field from your deck if that's what your implying.

I felt it kept its flavor and was more versatile like this.

I suppose I could have it summon a monster to their field from your deck if that's what your implying.

I was suggesting more give them control of a face-up Spell/Trap/Monster. Basically the equivalent of its MTG counterpart. This version is far more dangerous since way more things can break it, but you only need one card to do that for any version and I think half the fun with something like this is digging for cards that can be broken.

Yeah, this t1 with Card of Demise seems like an instant game ender bar occasional floating stuff. Later on in the duel, it'd still be a pretty potent effect, especially if you can clean out the opponent's field.

Some other vicious things (but not as good) would be the likes of Gryphon's Feather Duster to HFD your opponent (though they get about 1.5k-2k health). There's also the joke cards based off of banned cards, but right now I can only remember Humble Sentry and Pot of Generosity.

It would probably be ok if it weren't for Card of Demise existing, but I'm very sure I'm missing something here. A big difference between Card of Demise and those other silly examples I pointed out is that Card of Demise isn't dead at every single moment of the game, whereas stuff like GFD will usually be except in some cases where you want to blow up your backrow (and even then, there's probably better out there), and then lol Pot of Generosity and Humble Sentry.

Yeah, this t1 with Card of Demise seems like an instant game ender bar occasional floating stuff. Later on in the duel, it'd still be a pretty potent effect, especially if you can clean out the opponent's field.

Some other vicious things (but not as good) would be the likes of Gryphon's Feather Duster to HFD your opponent (though they get about 1.5k-2k health). There's also the joke cards based off of banned cards, but right now I can only remember Humble Sentry and Pot of Generosity.

It would probably be ok if it weren't for Card of Demise existing, but I'm very sure I'm missing something here. A big difference between Card of Demise and those other silly examples I pointed out is that Card of Demise isn't dead at every single moment of the game, whereas stuff like GFD will usually be except in some cases where you want to blow up your backrow (and even then, there's probably better out there), and then lol Pot of Generosity and Humble Sentry.

Would adding a cost help with that? Or should I take Flame Dragon's idea and stick to the original mechanic overall.

EDIT: Also duh, the card of demise t1 issue. How about a unique t1 restrict 

Limiting when this can be played doesn't help a ton since even if you only get 2 cards, your still netting card advantage. Not to mention you get other bonus like not taking damage or having them special summon.

As I said, this type of effect is going to break pretty easily. You just need to make sure its nothing to heinous.

Yuuko, you're a bit short on the word requirement (though it is a valid use). Everyone else is fine. 

In any case, this does remind me of some anime card used during filler arcs in DM, except without the heavy draw and allows other cards. But yeah, using Card of Demise or some other things that have restrictions/kill you at the end of the turn is an option; I guess you can also force play Allure of Darkness or something against an opponent that isn't running DARKs (meta-wise, probably will backfire b/c of BAs and whatever else). Or yeah, Reversal Quiz the opponent and force them to kill their hand / field (especially if you go second).

----

As I don't play MtG, not commenting on the general flavor behind it, but there's probably more things you can do with this card that aren't coming to mind at the moment. 

As I don't play MtG, not commenting on the general flavor behind it, but there's probably more things you can do with this card that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

I think thats the fun behind cards like this, finding the cards that let you do busted stuff.  

1) Reversal Quiz

2) Card of Demise

I suppose the best route now is to give a card you control to the opponent. The question becomes should it be face-up?

What do you gain by allowing face-down cards to also change? If its only flip effect monsters its not a major one, but should be safe to add. I do think the flavor works better when whatever you're giving away is known.

Archived