[MTG] Daily Spoiler - 1/7

Evangle is actually pretty sweet. Hes green and human so he fits right into GW humans and his effect can definitely end games.

Captive is kind of...bad. Its a 2 drop mana dork which is its only saving grace. other than that its pretty mediocre across the board.

Stormkirk mystic is nothing really interesting and completely outclassed by abbot but at least wizards has not forgot about red's pseudo drawing effect.

Unsurprised she's Bant. Glad to see that she's Bant.

Although, I've just reread the card, and the +1 is way better than I thought it was. Thought it was just a 'combat damage to player' trigger. Any combat damage? That's so good.

Unsurprised she's Bant. Glad to see that she's Bant.

Although, I've just reread the card, and the +1 is way better than I thought it was. Thought it was just a 'combat damage to player' trigger. Any combat damage? That's so good.

Also it can target opponent's creatures. If they wanna kill Tamiyo, they'll have to let you draw a couple of cards.

I really like this design. The card itself looks gorgeous too.

Also it can target opponent's creatures. If they wanna kill Tamiyo, they'll have to let you draw a couple of cards.

I really like this design. The card itself looks gorgeous too.

holy sheeeeeettttt

that did not even clock

What a great +1.

I mean, I'm just ignoring the other two abilities, but they're also pretty great. I mean, Omniscience as an ult is fun.

Mindbender is pretty sweet. Not sure how useful it will be, but I can see it seeing play.

Like having escalate costs other than mana costs. Nice way to dump your hand fast.

One on hand I'm kind of sad Tamiyo is Bant since I have no commander decks to house her, but she is really sweet. The +1 is insane to the point where I'm not even sure how often you'll need to use the -2.

That -2 is probably for that stuff you really don't want to let get off their faces (aka untap), though. And if you don't care about the ultimate, you can get away with swap between the +1 and -2 each turn, especially if you had Doubling Season out when you played her, until you get the nastiest of the nasty off the board.

[spoiler=MTG plot stuff]

7NcBcMi.jpg

[spoiler=Moar MTG plot stuff]

- Sorin's gonna kill Olivia.

- Tamiyo will help the Gatewatch trap Emrakul in the moon.

- Nahiri will try to get Sorin to sac himself to save Innistrad, but he refuses, and she eventually encases him in stone and tells him to die with his plane; at this point, she's totally cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

[spoiler=MTG plot stuff]

7NcBcMi.jpg

[spoiler=Moar MTG plot stuff]

- Sorin's gonna kill Olivia.

- Tamiyo will help the Gatewatch trap Emrakul in the moon.

- Nahiri will try to get Sorin to sac himself to save Innistrad, but he refuses, and she eventually encases him in stone and tells him to die with his plane; at this point, she's totally cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

[spoiler=Responses with spoilers]

Happy Emrakul doesn't die. I didn't consider the fact she could be sealed up to be released (mayhaps by Bolas in person next time?) when Wizards decided she was necessary.

Oath of Lily is unexpected but a welcome addition. She may be... rebellious, but she at least acknowledges that she lives in the Multiverse, so having a team to keep it going is a good plan.

Sorin encased in stone, huh? Wonder if he's staying there long.

[spoiler=Plot]

Kind of upset that Emrakul gets locked up again. I mean, it was the most likely outcome, but it still kind of sucks. The Eldrazi were really cool concepts and having the threat of them linger is nice. That and beating them this fast kind of sucks. That being said, having large numbers of Eldrazi does cause issues, so they do have a real limit on the number of times they could use them. Plus it could very easily run up into the issue of feeling too similar.

Was fully expecting Lili to join the Gatewatch. She isn't heartless, and if it means having help facing her demons she would take it. Also, that art looks beautiful. Chandra and Lili both look AMAZING in their Oath.

I wouldn't say Nahiri is crazy. She just REALLY hates Sorin. Rightfully so. Sorin is super popular so he will return. Curious what Nahiri will do now though. Like, if she leaves before finding out Zendikar didn't die that would be interesting karma.

Also, what 9s are people trying to cheat out with Allosaurus Rider? Iona would be one of my first guesses. Rider also seems like an odd choice since Angler exists. Though I guess that keeps you in 1 color....

[spoiler=Plot]Kind of upset that Emrakul gets locked up again. I mean, it was the most likely outcome, but it still kind of sucks. The Eldrazi were really cool concepts and having the threat of them linger is nice. That and beating them this fast kind of sucks. That being said, having large numbers of Eldrazi does cause issues, so they do have a real limit on the number of times they could use them. Plus it could very easily run up into the issue of feeling too similar.Was fully expecting Lili to join the Gatewatch. She isn't heartless, and if it means having help facing her demons she would take it. Also, that art looks beautiful. Chandra and Lili both look AMAZING in their Oath.I wouldn't say Nahiri is crazy. She just REALLY hates Sorin. Rightfully so. Sorin is super popular so he will return. Curious what Nahiri will do now though. Like, if she leaves before finding out Zendikar didn't die that would be interesting karma.

Also, what 9s are people trying to cheat out with Allosaurus Rider?

Leviathan, obviously

[spoiler=Plot]

Kind of upset that Emrakul gets locked up again. I mean, it was the most likely outcome, but it still kind of sucks. The Eldrazi were really cool concepts and having the threat of them linger is nice. That and beating them this fast kind of sucks. That being said, having large numbers of Eldrazi does cause issues, so they do have a real limit on the number of times they could use them. Plus it could very easily run up into the issue of feeling too similar.

Was fully expecting Lili to join the Gatewatch. She isn't heartless, and if it means having help facing her demons she would take it. Also, that art looks beautiful. Chandra and Lili both look AMAZING in their Oath.

I wouldn't say Nahiri is crazy. She just REALLY hates Sorin. Rightfully so. Sorin is super popular so he will return. Curious what Nahiri will do now though. Like, if she leaves before finding out Zendikar didn't die that would be interesting karma.

Also, what 9s are people trying to cheat out with Allosaurus Rider? Iona would be one of my first guesses. Rider also seems like an odd choice since Angler exists. Though I guess that keeps you in 1 color....

Iona, Norn and Griselbrand are the Holy trinity of creatures to cheat into play. Excluding Emrakul of course.

Leviathan, obviously

That would have been another guess.

Iona, Norn and Griselbrand are the Holy trinity of creatures to cheat into play. Excluding Emrakul of course.

Curious what 5 and 6 drops people are going to try to combo with Eldritch Evolution. Tasigur covers 6. Curious about 5 though.

That would have been another guess.

Curious what 5 and 6 drops people are going to try to combo with Eldritch Evolution. Tasigur covers 6. Curious about 5 though.

Probably a Stormbreath or Thundermaw Hellkite for me. I've already considered tweaking my Temur Dragons list a bit to include Eldritch Evolution and Wall of Roots (suggestion courtesy of Giga), that way I can cheat out Thunderbreak Regents straight from the deck.

And speaking of dragons... Zai mentioned something like a corrupted Moonveil Dragon. I do hope they actually do make some kind of Eldrazified dragon that is both reasonably priced to cast and effective as a creature. It would be super flavorful for me too.

[spoiler=Plot]

[spoiler=plot]Sticking Emrakul in the moon is their way of letting the Eldrazi linger if needed. It's the best way they could have ended it: allows them to move into new plot threads, while leaving the possibility of returning to the Eldrazi menace if needed in the future. Same goes for imprisoning Sorin. He's basically solved all of his plot threads, so might as well hiatus him for a while.

Archived