[PTCG] Zebstrika EX. What weakness?

Icy

Zebstrika 30px-Pok%C3%A9mon_EX.png110 HP 20px-Lightning-attack.png

20px-Lightning-attack.png Sparking Blitz - 30

This attack deals 4x damage to pokemon weak to 20px-Lightning-attack.png. Otherwise switch this pokemon with one of your benched pokemon.

20px-Lightning-attack.png20px-Lightning-attack.png20px-Colorless-attack.png20px-Colorless-attack.png20px-Colorless-attack.png Dynamo Hoof - 70

This attack deals 2x damage to pokemon resistant to 20px-Lightning-attack.png and is unaffected by resistances on the defending pokemon. 

W: 20px-Fighting-attack.pngx2 // R: // RC: 

Well, no retreat cost and a 1-energy move are both quite good. I'm not sure how much I like seeing 120 damage on any Flying-Colorless- or certain Water-types (unless you were specifically targeting water-types in the meta, which I don't know well). 5 energy feels like a lot to me, so I guess the big payout may be worth it, but I wonder if it would just plow through pretty much any Ground-Fighting-type except for Groudon. 110 is a bit low HP for an EX, but I suppose you'll be fine since it can retreat very easily.

Assuming you get this thing going, its going to be good for an average of 1-2 hits before or on death. That energy investment is a 4 card minimum (unless there's an energy I dont know about?) to beat most fighting types into submission. Acceleration and recovery seems almost required if you'd run this.

I also dont see much water types in standard and the few flying types I see are either weak to fairy or Lugia. Not sure how it'd affect Expanded or Unlimited/Legacy. So I'd like to think its an either High Risk, High Reward or Low Risk, Low Reward pokemon with no real in betweens. And that 110HP on an EX means the 1 or 2 hits it can take matter a lot. Since your opponent can swap it in against your choice and swing for an easy count.

I thought about making it above the 110-120hp standard maximum for a basic, because ya know. Its an EX. But then I wrote out its effects and I felt it'd make it a bit on the bad side of things.

Archived