Overrated Video Games

Face McShooty

Just over a week ago I posted a topic about underrated video games, now it's time for the flip side! List games/series you think are extremely overrated!

Call of Duty Series

Easily the top of my list of overrated video games, I played one on 360 with some friends, which was fun, but it got old fast.

Grand Theft Auto V

While I do play this game, it is extremely overrated but still fun!

I will say that I personally found even FF8 better than 7 so I never got this hype

Because it was a turning point for the franchise, just as Resident Evil 4 was a turning point for the Resident Evil franchise.

And speaking of which, Resident Evil 4 could go under this thread, too. But regardless, I rather enjoyed the game, and it's easily one of my favorites.

My definition of overrated is games people like but are actually funking awful games and they should be ashamed for being such peasants with terrible taste. The best example I can give is Final Fantasy 7. Boring flat generic characters. Terrible writing with a self-resolving story making the entire 100 hour story pointless, Cloud is the most unlikable piece of sheet protagonist ever. Sephiroth is the most unlikable bland generic villain in the history of writing. Aerith is so braindead that it's no wonder she dies. Barrett or whoever is just a complete racial stereotype. Tifa is literal tits. Yuffie is a bland generic Ninja who has no place in the story. Vincent could have been interesting but then they went and turned him into some obnoxious emo bullshit where he just broods endlessly and other things 14 year old boys like. Cid is a generic guy with a cigarette. Cait Sith is pointless. XIII was literally the only character I liked. If only because of his character design and the fact he's not just an annoying mascot character.

Overall rated P for Peasant. Would suggest the much superior Xenogears if we're talking about PS1 games made in Japan with 3edgy5u religious undertones because Japan.

My definition of overrated is games people like but are actually funking awful games and they should be ashamed for being such peasants with terrible taste. The best example I can give is Final Fantasy 7.

Overrated:

Rated, valued, or praised (someone or something) too highly.

But regardless, I guess you could put Final Fantasy 7 under both criteria.

Archived