Childhood Video Games

The Nyx Avatar

Would this topic be okay here, or would it be best to be moved to another section?

This one is mostly to discuss and/or share some video games we played growing up or are tied to or childhood.

Some of mine:

[spoiler=Show]

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Probably one of the first RPGs I've ever played. I have played a few before this, but this is the first one that I legitimately enjoyed and played to near completion. I played Super Mario RPG, but I liked the small puzzles, look and design, characters, and bosses of the game.

Conker's Bad Fur Day

From the look and design, it looked like a children's game for the most part. However, just years later, I learned how mature it actually was. Also, am I the only one who thought he looked like Tails the Fox?

If this doesn't suffice, I can add more onto this.

I got a whole bunch of games from my childhood:

[spoiler my list]

• Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 and Lost Levels
  • TMNT 1, 2, 3 and Turtles in Time.
  • Tiny Toons games
  • I remember Mega Man X

The list goes on.

Oh yeah! How dare I forget Megaman X?

There's also Super Mario Sunshine

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Mario Kart (really, all of them, except the Gameboy Advanced one)

Almost all the classic Sonic games for Sega Genesis

[spoiler=I can say plenty, in fact...]

Super Mario Bros. 1-3 and World (possibly lost levels, as the poison mushroom was a thing of nightmares, but I think I only played it online way back when. If I can say that, then SML 1 & 3 (Wario Land, even though I only ever beat like 1 level), I believe Link's Awakening (didn't get far in that either, despite playing a lot), and arguably was how I got into gen I pokemon games)

Some X-Men/Spider-Man game for the SNES

While I'm at it, the 2000 Spider-Man game, and a couple GBA ones based on the movies (2000 was the best Spider-Man game I've played, but I didn't really play any other console game, so that might explain it)

Mega Man Battle Network 5 & 6 (I mean, the first one isn't so much of a loss now that I've played it, the anime wasn't much different or really worse compared to that specific game, but I really to want to play 2-4)

tbh Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/can't remember if Silver/Crystal/Ruby/FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald/Diamond/Platinum/I might count HeartGold as childhood

YGO World Championship 2008-2011

Brawl

Mario Kart Wii

EDIT: This weird thing by the name of N+

But I can and want to go into more detail on something. As far as the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games, I can only say the first in each series. I could have got all three Crash games in a bundle for not much different price than the first Spyro, (it had of been around $70 at least at the time), but you know what, I don't regret choosing Spyro and then getting the first Crash for my birthday one time. I was able to get the other 2 in each trilogy for $5 each on PSN later down the road, and I may not have tried Spyro if it hadn't been for watching it at an inside break at a BBQ one time and that caught my attention so much more than Crash did at the time (Had a Snow Go demo that I played over and over again, too)

I adored Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga too, but that game wiped its save data on its own all the damn time. I've still yet to beat it when I at least did such for Partners in Time, I should be able to now that I have it on VC.

Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters

Super Mario 64

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Powerstone

That really awesome Gauntlet (it and Powerstone were for the Dreamcast but I don't remember their full titles)

Metroid Prime/2/3

Metroid Zero Mission

Metroid Fusion

Halo/2/3

Phantasy Star Online

A few Zelda games here and there, but it took me ages to beat my first Zelda game as a kid. Ocarina and Majora's never got beat because my ten year old or younger self couldn't figure out where the f*** to go in either xP

Oh, and some Mario games. Particularly the DS titles, some Galaxy and some Super Mario Sunshine. I still need to revisit and beat SMS.

Man, these games were so damn good. I had a nice childhood :P

Hell, most of these titles still stick with me today.

Thanks for the thread, twas good to think about these things.

...on second glance, some of these game's release dates make me realize I was playing some crazy s*** before I was even 10 xD

Edit: OH sheet I FORGOT ABOUT MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH

Early stuff like Super Mario World and the first few Sonic the Hedgehog games, all sorts of N64 titles like Paper Mario, Super Mario 64, and Donkey Kong 64, Gamecube titles like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and basically just anything Nintendo in general.

First video game I played was Frogger on the Game Boy Color when I was like 7. Most of the games I played were borrowed around this time which included Mario Kart Advance, Super Mario World Advanced, Pokemon Sapphire, and Super Mario Land 2. My first console was a Nintendo Gamecube around age 10 which came along with Mario Kart double dash and Burnout. I also obtained Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. I also borrowed Super Smash Bros Melee from a relative. I got Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime a year later. 

First video game I played was Frogger on the Game Boy Color when I was like 7. Most of the games I played were borrowed around this time which included Mario Kart Advance, Super Mario World Advanced, Pokemon Sapphire, and Super Mario Land 2. My first console was a Nintendo Gamecube around age 10 which came along with Mario Kart double dash and Burnout. I also obtained Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. I also borrowed Super Smash Bros Melee from a relative. I got Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime a year later. 

Oh yeah; I didn't own a handheld console until I was 12 years old. It was a Nintendo DS Lite.

However, the first console and game (at least game that I remember owning first) were the first PlayStation and the game Driver. Got them when I was 5 or 6 years old.

Archived