[MTG][CS2] Daily Spoilers - Aug 16

Flame Dragon

Adriana plus Aurelia is a match made in heaven. Remember, melee can activate across multiple combats. Boros commanders may just smash, but they smash well.

The monarch mechanic is getting better and better. Probably will pick up Custodi Lich for Ayli.

Hallowed Burial and Desertion are welcome reprints, as well. Same for Burning Wish.

Finally, Hired Heist seems to be the strongest common conspiracy yet.

KOTH HYPE

This must mean we're not too far off from a return to New Phyrexia. Hnnng.

It's okay, I'm sure the Eldrazi will invade New Phyrexia and the Gatewatch will have to go and save New Phyrexia from the Eldrazi by having Nissa channel the life energies of New Phyrexia :^) Also still trash art for Phyrexian Arena. Original or gtfo.

Multiple Melee triggers seems really strong. And I am on board with calling Adrianna edh Super Smash Boros Melee.

Recruiter is stupid silly.

Phyrexian Arena is a cool reprint, and the art is (hopefully) a nice glimpse into the future.

And I'll say it again, Monarchs will be awesome to play.

Lich is a sweet Monarch card. Actually makes taking it from you a decently large punishment, especially in limited.

Hallowed Burial and Desertion are amazing reprints. Two really popular commander cards that are still worth a little.

Adriana is interesting. Might put her in Iroas.

Recruiter is kind of an insane color shift. Especially since the normal one is stupid expensive.

you can recruit me any time ohoho grab me a clique, a true name, even a ball lightning

also burning wish in a limited-centric format is sweet. it's basically any one of your cool instant or sorceries that were either off color or couldn't fit in the 40

I'm just making puns over how the whole monarch mechanic is like a King of the Hill game mode, then Koth hype happens with Phy Arena.

So, how do we define "outside the game" for Burning Wish? Is it just unused cards in your pool, meaning that anything going into Animus will not qualify?

I'm just making puns over how the whole monarch mechanic is like a King of the Hill game mode, then Koth hype happens with Phy Arena.

So, how do we define "outside the game" for Burning Wish? Is it just unused cards in your pool, meaning that anything going into Animus will not qualify?

for most events, "outside the game" means your sideboard, and unused cards in draft are considered your sideboard

Archived