[MTG] Kaladesh Art

Flame Dragon

i am reaping that reddit karma

I believe you mean Kithkin

nah m8 actual dwarves

Oh, also Kaladesh vedalken are amazingly cool. Really cool to see vedalken with an Indian influence.

Also, party elephant is great. Gorgeous art from Jesper Ejsing.

sG74fs6.jpg

Anyone else noticing a spiral motif in the art?

Because I am...and after Eldritch Moon, I'm getting a little unsettled...

Interestingly, out of all of the card art I saw, I didn't see anything that popped out as Black. Plenty of the other colors, but nothing obviously representing Black.

Anyone else noticing a spiral motif in the art?

Because I am...and after Eldritch Moon, I'm getting a little unsettled...

Interestingly, out of all of the card art I saw, I didn't see anything that popped out as Black. Plenty of the other colors, but nothing obviously representing Black.

What spiral motif? Are you talking about the filigree metal?

Hmm...

"The Enlighted Keepers of the Consulate have put out a call for Kaladesh's greatest minds to present their findings in refinement methods, extraction techniques, and especially the reality-bending concept of alternate means of matter transportation. We expect the results to be ground-breaking!"

Could it be possible that the consulate, with or without Dovin Baan's advisement, is trying to develop methods of either creating artificial planeswalkers or planar portals...? Perhaps this is the conflict in Kaladesh, and this apparent resistance is in fact led by at least one planeswalker, Saheeli, trying to prevent it. Perhaps she knows they intend to conquer other worlds?

Near-blind speculation, but "reality warping" and "matter transportation" are concepts which previously could only really be used to describe planeswalking.

Near-blind speculation, but "reality warping" and "matter transportation" are concepts which previously could only really be used to describe planeswalking.

Actually, it lines up with summoning and general use of the aether, which is a fairly standard thing in the mtg universe. Hell, even teleportation isn't unheard of, with Venser mastering the art well before his spark ignited (though one could easily argue that his latent spark had something to do with his brilliance) and Jhoira performing feats well beyond even him, with no spark to speak of.

Hmm...

"The Enlighted Keepers of the Consulate have put out a call for Kaladesh's greatest minds to present their findings in refinement methods, extraction techniques, and especially the reality-bending concept of alternate means of matter transportation. We expect the results to be ground-breaking!"

Could it be possible that the consulate, with or without Dovin Baan's advisement, is trying to develop methods of either creating artificial planeswalkers or planar portals...? Perhaps this is the conflict in Kaladesh, and this apparent resistance is in fact led by at least one planeswalker, Saheeli, trying to prevent it. Perhaps she knows they intend to conquer other worlds?

Actually, it lines up with summoning and general use of the aether, which is a fairly standard thing in the mtg universe. Hell, even teleportation isn't unheard of, with Venser mastering the art well before his spark ignited (though one could easily argue that his latent spark had something to do with his brilliance) and Jhoira performing feats well beyond even him, with no spark to speak of.

This is actually what today's story addresses exactly. http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/time-innovation-2016-08-31

As the people on Reddit are saying: "Do you want Phyrexians? Cos that's how you get Phyrexians."

Archived