[KLD] Daily Spoilers Sept. 12

.Rai

Every block will now have its own version of Expeditions, as part of the Masterpiece Series. Zendikar retroactively had Masterpiece Series: Zendikar Expeditions, and now we have Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions. The copper border on the Invention cards apparently look even better in real life: they have a metallic sheen to them.

en_D0ddv8jx2q.pngen_FdbIY0dN8x.pngen_y8smQPJEaH.pngen_oQZ2O7i1IF.png

en_vc06Vda84N.pngod69NIj.png811fiy0pw2lx.png

1473673978-3873-capture-d-ecran.png

Toolshaper Exemplar W

Creature - Dwarf Artificer {R}

At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you control an artifact, Toolshaper Exemplar gets +2/+1 until end of turn. Then, if you control three or more artifacts, Toolshaper Exemplar gains first strike until end of turn.

[1/1]

Not sure how to feel about the red hulk. Historically punisher effects are pretty weak. Your opponent will never give you the 3 cards. Although this has the potential to straight up kill your opponent on ETB or do absolutely nothing on ETB. It has the best art tho.

Toolshaper Exemplar is pretty nuts. Its a 3/2 first strike when attacking since artifacts are everywhere in this set. He's pretty vunerable when on the defense though.

Consulate surveillance could be a sweet prison card if there's ways to make energy. Pretty strong in Limited too.

I like the Red Gearhulk if we have a use for the self mill. Thats going to be the mode you get 9 times out of 10, so if that mode is something you want playing it seems correct. Don't think draw 3 can ever be bad.

Toolshaper seems super pushed for constructed. Should see play assuming an aggressive white deck exists.

Surveillance seems sweet if you have a way to make a lot of energy.

Pummeler seems like it needs too much help to be good.

I love that they are going to continue with Expeditions as the Master Piece series. Expeditions were a great idea to add a ton of random extra value to packs that also gave a little drip feed to allow reprints of some really powerful cards. I also loved how Mark was like "Expeditions helped sell packs, so not only is this good for us, it helps get more boosters opened for standard". Also really liked how Mark said point blank, we know we could get away with adding a high rarity to Magic like other CCGs have, but we actually want our cards to be reasonable to get. This lets them add that higher rarity without changing availability for the most important cards.

As for the cards themselves, the frame looks amazing. Especially one the art where the top border is clearer. As for the choice, Crypt is amazing since that is a fair bit of free money. Gauntlet is a flashy reprint. Hangerback is kind of lame since it isn't valuable or flashy, but it makes sense for the world. I also do like that some of the standard legal cards will have the "pimp out" option. The art on all of them is great.

Curious what the other 26 will be.

Archived