Arc-V Openings/Endings Opinion Poll

Not using the actual poll system because it'd be a mess to implement for this purpose.

But basically, in order, how much have you liked the six OPs and EDs we've had for this series, considering we have confirmed that we'll end on Episode 150, meaning no 7th song pair?

Just as a refresher course:

The first 24 episodes had "Believe x Believe" and "One Step"

25-49 had "Burn!!" and "Future Fighter"

50-74 had "HANATE" (romanized as "UNLEASH") and "Arc of SMILE"

75-99 had "Kirifuda" (or "Trump Card") and "Speaking"

100-124 had "Kibou no Hikari" ("Light of Hope") and "Vision"

125 onward will feature "Pendulum Beat!" and "Dashing Pendulum".

In my personal opinion . . .

1. "Burn!!" and "Speaking" take the top spot, for opposite reasons- intensity versus calmness. However, I will say that they are both catchy as all hell.

2. "Kirifuda" and "Future Fighter". I don't know, something about 2 and 4 hit me really well, and you know what? This was a much harder decision than it should have been.

3. "HANATE" and "Dashing Pendulum". This choice was, admittedly, made by the visuals. Both songs only barely edged out of 4th place, because the visuals playing during them were so good, but the songs themselves . . . eh.

4. "Kibou no Hikari" and "Vision". The beginning of Season 3 was honestly hit or miss, and this is most prevalent in its music. Now, I'm not calling either of these songs bad, they just do not stack up in terms of power or atmosphere to most of what we've had. I say most . . .

5. "Pendulum Beat!" and "Arc of SMILE". Because, put bluntly, we have had two trash ending themes. Pendulum Beat! isn't bad, but it's just kinda meh in comparison to the high-energy themes we've had, and it honestly sounds more like an ED. Arc of SMILE is just . . . about as flavorless as Yuya used to be. Happy, peppy, sure, just really mediocre.

6. "Believe x Believe" and "One Step". Speaking of how Yuya used to be, the early music just did not inspire much confidence in the series. Again, Believe x Believe is not bad. It's a stupidly catchy song. It just doesn't compare to the other openings we've had, by a mile. Not really atmospheric, doesn't pump you up, although I will admit it would make a hilarious DDR track. And then . . . One Step. I listened to it once and decided that I wouldn't be listening to it ever again. One Step is the only song in the entire Arc-V library that I would call outright bad. Just . . . no.

Of course, these are merely my opinions. What are yours?

I'll do the openings for now.

5 ) Hanate/Unleash. The series lowered itself a lot on my priorities list at this point in the story. It's like their sense of pacing dropped and things stopped happening for the longest time. All this contributed a lot in me getting tired of this along with everything involving it. I also don't dig the lyrics even though I've never seen the translation of it, although I have to admit the instruments do a great job. Hearing the full version as I type this, and it sounds better than just the clip in the show, but just as the opening section, it is one of my least favorite openings out of the 27 of the franchise.

4 ) Believe X Believe. It is catchy but I find myself skipping it a lot. I like the visuals of it around Reiji's part, but most of the rest of it is more meh.

3 ) Pendulum Beat. The music is fine but the visuals are just uneventful. Just the name "Yugioh"  slowly displaying around the main characters, repeated poses, less shots with dynamic angles, and good old Yugioh CGI for the monsters. I guess I can't blame them for self advertisement if their monsters will always be CGI, but IDK.... Doesn't wow me.

2 ) Light of Hope. To be honest, after feeling like the series was stretching too much during openings 3 and 4, I lost my patience and as soon as an opportunity dropped my interest, I took the chance to drop the anime until enough episodes accumulated, and that happened during this one's, after Yuya beat the two Amazoness gals and Shun's not-death episode with that misleading and inconsequential title happened, I've not been following it anymore. I've seen a couple key episodes once in a blue moon but not ready to go stick every week for it yet again. Not the fault of the events during this opening, but I was already loaded for it.... Still one of my favorites in terms of visuals and music.

1 ) Burn. I was still hooked with the show and it seemed colorful, yet as serious as it needed to be. This is the opposite of my 5th place on this list, being about my favorite Yugioh opening to date. The visuals were very well arranged and paced even though it had its share of CGI over drawn, and static images moving to the sides. Too bad so many characters in this opening are not gonna matter much.

Unpopular Opinion: Unleash was my favorite opening, potentially my favorite YGO opening to date. Song's awesome and I was pumped the first time I saw it going into the synchro arc, which YGO as a show hadn't done for me in quite a while.

I think Vision's the best ending just over Arc of Smile and Speaking. I like those endings where it's the gang just chilling and I like it when endings are more peppy; they're usually slower or sometimes morose.

I usually skip the endings as I don't tend to watch the "next time" clips. But I do remember Vision being terribly boring, I liked the song but they should have kept with Dark Side of Dimensions clips.

My favourite opening is Believe x Believe. I like the song and Perfomapals are cute.

My least favourite opening is Burn. I really dislike the song.

Unpopular Opinion: Unleash was my favorite opening, potentially my favorite YGO opening to date. Song's awesome and I was pumped the first time I saw it going into the synchro arc, which YGO as a show hadn't done for me in quite a while.

I think Vision's the best ending just over Arc of Smile and Speaking. I like those endings where it's the gang just chilling and I like it when endings are more peppy; they're usually slower or sometimes morose.

I don't thinks there's such a thing as an unpopular opinion. So far the choices on every post are night and day. A person's "best thing ever" is another person's ear-bleeding tunes, and vice-versa. So don't be shy xD

Openings:

1. Burn (Definitely my favourite OP of Arc-V, good visuals and the vocals weren't bad either)

2. Unleash (Good mix of vocals and visuals imo)

3. Light of Hope (I definitely enjoyed the vocals more than the visuals here)

4. Pendulum Beat (The visuals were a bit meh, but I think the vocals ranks it above Trump Card for me)

5. Trump Card (It was a tough call putting this fifth, as I would tie this with Pendulum Beat, but this ranks low because of the vocals imo)

6. Believe x Believe (Pretty meh now, the vocals weren't bad just didn't like it)

Endings:

1. Future Fighters (I mentioned before that this is the one I found most memorable)

2. Arc of Smile (Sure it was peppy n junk, I rather enjoyed the vocals and the scenes depicted)

3. Dashing Pendulum (I did enjoy the comic-style in this ED, and it was quite cute as well)

4. Speaking (While it is catchy, it felt a bit calm for my liking)

5. Vision (Originally I had it at the bottom because when I made the list, we had clips from the movie, now I don't think it's as bad as One Step)

6. One Step (This one feels really meh now we're getting into the nitty gritty of the series)

Differs a bit from the list I made in May (mainly moving One Step to the bottom this time), and I also incorporated the new OP and ED

Archived