[RESULTS ARE FINAL] 2016 Election for President of the United States | Donald Trump Victory

cr47t

I don't understand how much you're reading my posts, or most of our posts for that matter, but you'll find that at no point have I even attempted to defend Hillary, or said anything about her being better than Trump in terms of being an "honest" and "ethical" person. Yeah, the same stuff can be said about Hillary, because fun fact: they're both horrible people. It's almost like I said that blatantly in my last post or something. The point of me elaborating on Trump being terrible and not as much on Hillary is more-so because we're pretty much all in agreement towards Hillary being a terrible person.

Really, I know you're not directing this solely at me, but seriously take the time to actually read what any one of us are saying before you point the finger and shout "HYPOCRISY" as if it isn't a flaw in logic. Yes, we (or at least, I) understand that Hillary is deplorable and awful; but the fact that what can be said about Trump can also be said about Hillary makes those characteristics about Trump no less terrible, and nothing is being accomplished nor argued.

No. did you miss the second half of that statement? the half that said: many times on a larger scope, and the reverse is by no means true. you are free to think of him as horrible, but you are not free to then gloss over Hillary, and ceaselessly attack Donald. and to follow that statement i placed examples of bad vs worse behavior under similar conditions. compare them, not only are Donalds on a far smaller scale, but they have a pattern to them that's easy to read. even in a in bad vs worse scenario, the man who sticks to his guns is better than the woman who never had a solid stance in the first place. i read back. i read far back. while i was looking for that mega post fell asleep before i found it, but it's election day, so that doesn't really matter to me anymore i saw multiple posts from multiple people, including you, going at winter in the same manner that you started coming after my own posts. but rarely if ever acknowledging his points that trump, outside of business, was a decent person, and within business has a consistency to him that allows you to easily avoid his actions. i read your post, but unlike what you did in your attack towards Donald, you literally granted a "yeah she's horrible" and just kept chugging after trump. read my posts, when a point is made against Donald, not only do i acknowledge it if i find it true, i have often backed it, pointed out potential solutions, or provided a rationale behind it. or even if it's false i provide some form of report on why it's either still shitty or why it's a good thing. i would expect the same in a balanced discussion when i make a point about Hillary, but all I've seen is people going endlessly after trump as if he were worse, when by all comparisons, the damage he has done has been chump change and mirror smoke, in comparison to Clinton. but how many times have you all done so? literally once. and even then it was parsley and void of any real substance. it's not just that what you say about trump can be said about Hillary, it's that they apply on a larger scale, (even the tax evasion is on a larger scale) and much of what i can say about Hillary cannot be said about trump. such as her health being absolute gutter, her corruption spanning across countries, her policies being made specifically to line her own pockets, her willingness to play dirty cannot be turned back upon her because of the methods she uses, her connection to corporations is literally that of a puppet to a string, world leaders give absurd amounts of money that she basically launders through the Clinton foundation, she uses multiple other organizations to her advantage (think DNC) so that she can not only screw over those opposing her, but keep her own hands out of the soup. she has defended a literal rapist whom she pretty much said she knew was guilty, in court. her husband created the very same laws that you are mad at trump for using, and both she and bill damn sure use them as well. need i go on? because i'm sure you know that i can do this all the way up until i go to work. the list of things that she does on a larger scale, and/or with no avoidable pattern, are far larger than trump. and her charity barely does anything but line her pockets and slush money. dude, if you measure the two, in pretty much every area, trump comes out not only more moral, but less harmful, and more controllable. aside from temperament, but the one with frequent outbursts, is far better than the backstabbing smile.

A lot of what I'm getting from this is more or less a statement of "We don't know enough" re: the individual cases of inadequate payments. A practice, mind you, that I don't agree with regarding what it means for him as a boss and what it means for an employee, but that's really another discussion for another day. I'll admit here that yeah, we could stand to know the bigger picture of what's going on with those instances. However, this isn't me saying "Yeah okay he's a good guy despite all this"; no. As for paying off one's mortgage, yes those are good things that a person can do, and to flip things over for the sake of discussion, the same can be said about Hillary. NOW AGAIN: HILLARY IS STILL AN AWFUL PERSON, but that's the point of saying this; seeing a person as awful isn't to see them as incapable of ever doing good things. And finally, yeah sure he may be consistent in attitude and behavior, but it's a form of integrity I'd rather see put towards a different kind of personality.

that is all i wished for you to see on the individual payments matter. yeah, there were s*** moves, but they are also preceded by terrible time management, among other issues. it does not, in any way excuse the behavior, but it does mitigate the subject. better time keeping is something that can be pushed through as legislation, and i doubt any district would resist such legislation at the risk of invoking the anger of employees across america. i'm not saying he's a decent person just because he pays off mortgages, i'm saying he's a decent person because his actions match his stated worldview. he believes in paying handsomely for what he sees as extraordinary work, and decreasing payment or what he sees as sub-par work, this is not a great thing in and of itself, but it does mean that you have a grasp on where he's coming from, and if you can understand it, you can handle trump, and possibly even change his actions accordingly. this is more than i can say of the opposition. being able to understand how a person operates is a plus in my book, he sees the world as business, so admittedly i am assuming a few things with this next statement you can speak economics to him, sign him into a contract, and thereby control how he works with you. sure, you might not get everything you want, but it's something that his consistency will make easier to deal with over time. notice, how the more time passes, the easier time other businesses have dealing with him? that's because he's a f***ing cheapskate consistent in his world views. the longer you deal with a pattern, the easier it is to deal with said pattern.

How is this relevant to the discussion? I watched through, and I couldn't find anything re: how either candidate reacted to this incident.

that video was to cement a point, if you go back about 5-6 pages, this thread was merged with one i made on that video, i assumed you'd already read the post, my apologies. i'll now redo part of the statement to fit this discussion. the woman's actions, would you not say they were both above and beyond what you'd expect of her? consistent with Donald's own worldview? standing up in the face of overwhelming ignorance and oppression? the same thing that our country always claims it does? if you answered yes, then congratulations! you just predicted how Donald trump would view such an action. he gave that woman a new home, a new bank account, a legal ID, got her a job, and various other things. because that is how he views the world. it was more proof on his consistency to his worldview. he does things like this on a semi-regular basis. and it's a demonstration of media bias at the same time. tell me, had the positions been reversed, had it been trump supporters attacking a homeless Hillary supporter, can you say with any confidence that this wouldn't be the headline story up until the end of the election days? the media is pocketed mate. that's all there is to it. 

Taxes are what keep a country moving; to see them as "business" is in regards to a loss of money that can be mitigated, is a poor view towards it. Especially regarding someone with the income that Trump is making, the taxes he should be paying are going to be fairly substantial; and that's money that should be going towards the building up of the nation. In a perfect world, that money's going towards schools and hospitals if you guys didn't think healthcare needed to be influenced by capitalism; and of course governments put disproportionate amounts of that money towards things it maybe should not have been spent on. Etc. etc. Not paying those taxes for those reasons ends up being a form of boycotting the government and expressing disapproval of these practices.

However, that's not the reason in this case. This reason is more-so to do with personal gain. Now yeah sure, it wasn't strictly illegal to avoid paying those taxes; but I'm arguing that a citizen and/or company has an obligation to pay these taxes because of what it means towards the development of the nation and the people within it.

Also, protip: maybe don't cite Fox News. I'm not doubting that the Clintons don't pay rightful taxes because, really, they're rich individuals and pretty much anyone with money in this western world isn't going to pay the taxes they should, which sucks.

ALSO LAST MINUTE ADDITION: There's a lot of reasons for why Trump wouldn't have paid those taxes, AS I'M LEARNING. These reasons mostly have to do with his business doing very poorly in the 90's and government exemptions granted for failing businesses. Now, my opinion re: not avoiding taxes for loophole/personal gain crap; stuff that isn't as cut-and-dry as that could be, but I will retract my call-outs on Trump re: Taxes as more of a "more information needed" dealeo.

you are correct, taxes do keep the country running, you'll get no argument from me on that. i personally think trump evades more than he needs to on many of his taxes, outside of those years in the 90's which coincide with the report of his taking risks bumping up new york's economy so that was like a well deserved break. i think every company, every rich person, and everybody in-between should pay their fair taxes as often as possible. and i believe that since his business has bounced back, he has not done so. now, that does not mean he is not a smart businessman. business is about saving money everywhere you can, and still providing a good enough experience to keep customers coming back. and he does this. we are seeing this normally, but businessmen see it as profits vs losses. not the best position, but it's completely common at the top classes to make money and put it somewhere the US can't touch it, or write it out in ways the tax code will overlook. but at the same time, this is another matter of pot vs kettle. the companies backing Clinton do the same thing as trump. but Hillary has tried repeatedly to call him alone out on it. what makes it funnier is that she herself does the same thing, and is married to the man that made much of it possible. trump might play the game, but she's literally in bed with the man who made the rules. a fair call out, because she herself is known to take advantage of those same rules where possible, and where not possible, there is evidence enough to suspect that the Clinton foundation is her go-to slush.

Like I said a couple times: They're both pretty bad. I don't think any one of us should be compromising and rooting for one as a "lesser of two evils" just to have something to root for. What this election is going to show is that, as my friend put it so well, that bad feelings aren't arguments for good governance (Hillary), and that brash/tactless mongering is no substitute for discussion (Trump). Neither of these candidates are good, and I feel like more people should be expressing this instead of working towards finding a lesser of two evils.

Absolutely, Hillary is dishonest and untrustworthy, and even a lot of her more blatant policies I'm in stark disagreement with (she has a planned policy re: churches being forced to accept homosexuality regardless of religious views that, while good in intentions, goes against religious freedoms, especially if no laws are being broken), yet Trump is irresponsible and often times very irrational. When I see either of them talking or expressing policies, I don't see anything that illustrates someone that makes a good presidential candidate (as Cow put it).

Honestly, it comes back to what I observed at the first debate. Seeing candidates answer serious questions regarding policies or situations by first taking any opportunity they can to fire a shot at the opposition doesn't speak anything good to me. To me, it shows petty and childish behavior that doesn't belong to someone that should be rational and open minded in a position of such power. At the end of the first debate, when Hillary just outright said "Anyone who's complaining about the mic is having a bad time", it left a very sour taste in my mouth. Can I trust someone who can't respect their competition to respect people that disagree with them, including other nations? This goes towards either of them, and I honestly do not envy the awful choice you guys need to make.

to finish this post, i believe trump to be not only the lesser of the two evils, but the more manageable, and the more moral of them as well. I've said it repeatedly, america should honestly vote third party just so they can tell the first two to f*** off with the bullshit they're putting up these days. but if it comes down to the top two, trump is the clear choice on most grounds i have to say jessie convinced me that his tax laws are an extremely weak spot, and i really do hope that congress has enough common sense to ensure that at least those few changes i listed would be included before ever signing off on it he has the better morals overall, he ran a cleaner race, he has the easier to understand worldview, and he's generally a better person, with no real scandal behind him.

neither first party candidate has the makings of a president, but trump, for all his flaws, has at least the makings of a more fair (even if heavy handed) player.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not directed solely towards you, but this has been the last time i will allow this. I've gotta point this out before we continue, so before i start, i'm going to turn this little quote i made earlier into a habit, because it saves me a lot of time making this paragraph pointing it out over and over again:  I didn't say trump was the savior, i'm just saying that practically everything you can say negative about the man is also applicable to hillary, many times on a larger scope, and the reverse is by no means true. 

[spoiler= I will elaborate on this comment one time]

nearly everything negative you can say about trump, could (with bare minimum modification so as to fit the context of politics) apply to hillary, but much of what you can say about hillary, cannot be applied to trump in that same fashion. many of you all have done this repeatedly. you do not cease in your attacks of trump, which are not entirely unjustified, but you have continuously granted hillary passes on those same behaviors with little more than a basic nod in the direction, digging nowhere near half as deep as you do to trumps own negative actions, even though said behaviors cover the same, if not wider scope of damage than trump. --when her history of policies that damage entire communities (even multiple communities) come up, it is ignored in favor of the couple people that trump didn't pay overtime (about 20 were personal lawsuits if i remember right.) --when her defense of a rapist (whose case she could have easily refused or dropped) comes up, what is it but trumps statement of being allowed to pussy grab his groupies that you have eyes for. -- when her pocketing of the media itself with clinton money and power comes up, what should you focus on but a few vanity purchases from trumps end?-- if trump screws over a business by paying less, what are you ignoring but hillary taking money from multiple business and people that screw you over to continue horrible policies?-- trump makes a donation to people he likes? what are you glossing over but hillary taking money from businesses/leaders through her own false fundraiser?---- THE GUY WHO WAS BARELY CONNECTED TO TRUMP IS DOING SOMETHING NOT EVEN REMOTELY IMMORAL TO CALL OUT ANOTHER PARTY MEMBER.... By the way hillary accepted cheat sheets from the dnc and they both clearly plotted to screw bernie sanders (or anybody else capable of competing with her) over. ---  HEY YOU GAIZE LOOK! TRUMP WAS CAUGHT LYING ON HIS STANCES 20+ TIMES!!!!! that was clearly so interesting that you completely forgot hillary's entire political career has been composed of her perfecting the art of lying, and effectively covering her lies, bribes and shady dealings with manipulation, and doing the same as a lawyer. you all have done this multiple times, on multiple subjects, and i have let it slide a hell of a lot more than i ought have. I am defending trump, not because i believe he deserves to be president,but because you are all being right hypocrites in your criticisms. I didn't even want to be in this thread because i'd already seen the sheer hypocrisy and jumped ship early. but i came here because i figured the only supporter of trump would be out of the house for a while, so i might as well step in to keep things balanced also winter asked me to hold down the fort for trump, which i doubted dad could do on his own because he has mod things among other more important things to do do you get me? i'm not a fan of either candidate, i believe we should honestly have somebody far better, but when it comes down to it, trump is clearly the better choice on multiple grounds, especially moral.

stop being hypocrites. you have attacked trump on everything from taxes to morality, and have ignored any and all points that i have made both for trump, and against hillary. you are clearly being blinded by your hate of trump. i don't much mind you not liking him, but your hypocrisy has gone on more than long enough. if you are going to address my claims, either address both sides properly, as i have done consistently for you all, or do not address my point at all.

And we now return to replying to your actual quote:

of course it does, he definitely has good intentions beyond personal gain. you do not pay off the mortgage of a farm (as anonymously as possible) for nothing if you didn't have an altruistic side to you.they didn't even know it was him until they dug into the backpay. as for him paying employees, he does, what he didn't pay them was proper overtime. now, according to testimony and evidence, some of the businesses under trump kept terrible track of hours, and as such, i believe that there may be more fault there for terrible management and unwillingness to admit fault than there was selfishness. some of the people (usually those working with businesses that kept better time) received payment promptly others were simply muscled out. there's more than just the trump ideology there. but admittedly, that was still pretty likely the fault of not only terrible hour keeping, but likely trump's worldview kicking in. for example, he paid off the entire mortgage of a mechanic who fixed his limo's flat tire on short notice. does that not lend credence to his claim "Let’s say that they do a job that’s not good, or a job that they didn’t finish, or a job that was way late. I’ll deduct from their contract, absolutely[/size]?" he went above and beyond the call in that case, for what was clearly exemplar effort. and in the case of the farm payoff, was he not rewarding something that fit his worldview? a woman working as hard as she could against impossible odds, and doing the best anybody could ask of her. again, his actions align with his words well enough for me to believe him. also, the marine who suffered injustice, but had served his country faithfully prior, again, more evidence that his actions match his worldview. those who do something impressive, going above and beyond, or suffer large injustice (yes, i know you could say that he himself is causing injustices with his practices, i'm giving some slack here for the sake of argument, and my earlier statement: honestly though, the best way to handle said habit, would be to base his salary as president upon the same criteria that he's shorted his contractors and workers by. i'd honestly  love to see that. cut his money away based upon the national GDP, and tell him to suck it up as business if he complains about it. fair and balanced no? covers what i think of those particular injustices) are often granted gifts or assistance of incredible value from trump. [spoiler=Remember this?]

these days, contractors and business alike have gotten wise as well to him, and charge higher than ordinary to still receive their fair cut. in other words, there are easy measures businesses can take to combat his own strategies. the fact that said counters work, again, line up with his worldview. and according to most comments from his workers and the like, he treats the people he deals with, with the respect he believes they are due, business dealing and respect being two different things. he's known to be on the strong-arm side of business, but he is not much less respectful for it. his practices in business are the a****** side, but as i said, it's a single angle, from somebody who's worldview (say what you want about his latest proposals, but his worldview itself) has remained consistent through the years.

nope. because taxes are business. smart business is to avoid as many taxes as possible while making a profit. he was a businessman what did you expect? the same can be said of many of clinton's donators, the only difference being that they don't admit legally avoiding as much as they can. as the clintons do through the use of the clinton foundation and campaign money,(in fact, the clintons themselves do it too: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/06/clinton-foundation-admits-it-didnt-notify-state-department-1-million-qatar-gift.html)and the people who support the clintons would drop that support like hot onion soup with no bowl, if clinton had any sort of history going against her benefactors, also, never said he was standing up for the little guy, and i dare you to find as much if you think i did, please take things in context. i said he has more charity in his background than he brags about. 

would you again like me to write out the first paragraph? almost anything you can say negative about trump can be pointed back at hillary to equal or greater range of effect, with just as much evidence. i'm not supporting hillary because she has been proven to be a snake t both america, and the black community, she has a history of manipulation, and even her speech is cultivated to turn people against others in the most divisive manner. think of the children/women has become her sharpest blade, and i'm sick of it. she surns nearly every person opposed to her into a sexist caricature of themselves, and attacks the strawman like the crow she is. trump, for all his flaws, has a consistent principle that i can, and have pointed out above. even going so far as to point out how you could easily turn said knife back on him to great hilarity AND effect. hillary has no such thing, merely the well made illusion of such that vanishes once you look at her history with the people she claims to care bout.

again, hillary has done the same, to entire communities, for less reason than trump (his main reason being terrible timekeepers in some of his businesses, while others were promptly compensated). he has caused many businesses to collapse, but has also built many a business, invested in many a business, and helped many a business. the scale, and damage, in comparison comes out in trumps favor. again, nearly everything you can levy towards trump, can also be levied at hillary, to equal, if not greater effect. and looking at all of his actions, you can easily understand and counter his worldview to your own benefit if you are a business, or manage to get recompensated if you are a worker for him. he is consistent in those two areas, and most every business has learned how to beat the loop. while most employess know enough now to keep track of their own time should the come up short. hillary has no such consistency, the people she has ruined have varied greatly, for many a reason, and there has been no clear pattern other than the paper trail leading from her wallet to many a side business or country.

you are correct, i don't like trump. but at the same time, please, look at their actions. from now on, when you see a negative, for trump or hillary, compare the damage and scope. in most cases, hillary has the larger amount of damage to her name. if you hear trump is dishonest, listen closer, and you'll see how well hillary evades certainty, or states her answer in a manner that simply better covers deceit. the practiced skill of a liar is to prase their words in a way that cannot be called a lie. I know because i spend years doing as much. it's easy to call trump out, he's so blatant with his that you can simply look at him, and see the flaws. but look at him again and find the charity and principle of consistency in his actions. yeah, he's self centered, but his principles are mostly, if not always consistent. his charity is consistent, those he supports fall directly where you would expect according to his worldview, and much more. it's fine to not like him, but please look fairly. hillary? think about her, look at her policies and actions, who she has defended, who she has targeted, those whose deaths are related to looking into her business, the stories cut off by the media relating to her, the bias in her favor from the media, that ignores all idea of fair coverage, the flaws in her health: OXeTwy8.gif

that has a strange silence surrounding it from reporters across the board. there's a lot to this election that i simply don't like. and much of it is based upon what we don't see in the background.

but it's election day. we'll see today, on the polls, who wins. and regardless of the end result, i'm willing to take it fairly. because it'll be the will of those who vote. so happy election day folks

EDIT: last thing before roosting, only read halfway through so far, but have to say, so far, it's just more side proof of my top claim: practically everything you can say negative about the man is also applicable to hillary, many times on a larger scope, and the reverse is by no means true. 

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/28014 put extremely simply, you all know some of the tax loopholes that trump is pretty much confirmed as using? yeah, they were established by clinton during his first presidential term, before he things blew up in his face, so yeah, she'd essentially be covering the actions of her husband by closing some of said loops. that would be interesting, to say the least, if she follows through on closing such loops because she'd essentially be helping close the same circle her husband opened.

I haven't been trying to defend her. While I believe Trump is the worse of the two, neither of them, to me, meet the standards of a president. I'm not looking for a perfect president, just a fair enough president -- no general election candidate (including the third party candidates too) seem to meet that standard for me as of yet.

I hit a deer on the way to voting today.

I'll take that as an omen for what Hillary's presidency is gonna be like.

Meanwhile when I was walking home the wind was intense and cold. So I think you're onto something.

It was amusing to be the, by far, youngest person voting of the group that was there when I went btw

Following the results of tonight's election, this thread will go into countdown for an impending lock.  I'll allow for some brief discussion on the results, and then this thread will be C L O S E D.  Further discussion will be taken to a new thread for the newly elected President's future of running our country.

With the reminder of the results of the election, please keep Debates orderly.  If you must celebrate beyond a congratulations, take it to Misc.  And regardless of what happens tonight, may our future in this great country be bright, and may we grow closer as a nation and as people.

God bless America.

...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRwEUSddOz8

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHCBiqBihZI

I don't care who you support, but can we please at least work towards an honest election? it would be a damn shame if any candidate had to win in this slimy ass manner. voting machines are built to do one thing only. how are they somehow making this kind of mistake? Bernie clearly wasn't the only person they wanted to nail in the coffin like this.

On one hand, Donald Trump is likely going to win.

On the other, Hillary Clinton has likely lost.

We told her that we don't want her kind here, and that we were willing to do anything to get rid of them.

America, by and large, told the establishment to go funk themselves.

As awful of a person as he is, through him, we have sent a powerful message.

I'm nervous about what he'll do. I'm angry that we legitimized his rhetoric and the rhetoric of his supporters. I'm sad that we, as a country, have fallen for the same kinds of tricks and tools that dictators have used in the past to gain an iron-fisted grasp over their nation.

But god damn it, we got a point across. We got the point across.

I'm terrified and angry, but I'm also proud of us for exerting our right.

If this man manages to not damage our nation beyond repair, I think the future will actually look pretty bright. And if his supporters were right, everything will be wonderful. That's 2/3 outcomes where the country is moving in a better direction, and while that doesn't necessarily translate to 66% odds, it's still enough to maintain some level of hope and optimism.

On one hand, Donald Trump is likely going to win.

On the other, Hillary Clinton has likely lost.

We told her that we don't want her kind here, and that we were willing to do anything to get rid of them.

America, by and large, told the establishment to go funk themselves.

As awful of a person as he is, through him, we have sent a powerful message.

I'm nervous about what he'll do. I'm angry that we legitimized his rhetoric and the rhetoric of his supporters. I'm sad that we, as a country, have fallen for the same kinds of tricks and tools that dictators have used in the past to gain an iron-fisted grasp over their nation.

But god damn it, we got a point across. We got the point across.

I'm terrified and angry, but I'm also proud of us for exerting our right.

If this man manages to not damage our nation beyond repair, I think the future will actually look pretty bright. And if his supporters were right, everything will be wonderful. That's 2/3 outcomes where the country is moving in a better direction, and while that doesn't necessarily translate to 66% odds, it's still enough to maintain some level of hope and optimism.

Voted for Trump for this reason but I completely agree.

I really hate a lot of his rhetoric but hopefully it will remain just rhetoric and we can not fall backwards in civil rights. 

Voted for Trump for this reason but I completely agree.

I really hate a lot of his rhetoric but hopefully it will remain just rhetoric and we can not fall backwards in civil rights. 

We're now to the point we're literally hoping a candidate doesn't deliver on their campaign promises when elected. God bless America.

Not meant to target you, just finding this all amusing...

Congratulations to the 2016 President of the United States, Donald Trump.  As of 12:43pm Central Standard Time, there is no physically possible way that Hillary Clinton can win.  The election results are final, and the United States of America has selected its new President.

May he lead us into prosperity (hopefully) and may this country be strong.

God bless the United States of America.

Archived