• Mai Valentine (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
    • Abstain
    • Maka Albarn (Soul Eater)
    • Tiki (Fire Emblem)
  2. 2. Yun Iijima vs. Cynthia

• Yun Iijima (New Game!)
    • Abstain
    • Cynthia (Pokemon)

8-12. Dang. I think it'll end before I get off work tomorrow looking at the time so will just say.

It was nice seeing Yun reach this far cause she's one of the less popular New Game characters from what I've seen.

She's still a winner in my book

I still dunno how the girl in your sig lost

The issue is for people who aren't even present. I'm only assuming cirrus didn't return to the site and do that completely by coincidence.

Making people aware of the polls is one thing, like linking in status bar, but this is very clearly doing so in an attempt to sway the outcome.

Cirrus never left the site actually...but you can turn that around and say I'm pretty sure frey returning to the site wasn't completely by coincidence 

Cirrus never left the site actually...

Going that long without posting is equivalent to leaving tbh.

In any case, what you did is, technically, absolutely within the rules. Some people may disagree with it, but there isn't really ground against you. That said, I believe there should be better precautions in future tournaments to prevent them from just being campaign battles, since it is very clear the people who actually care about these polls aren't fond of how this has turned out.

I think doing that is kind of stomping on the enjoyment of other people that are actually passionate about this event.

If someone were actually stomping on the enjoyment of others in order to win, it wouldn't be for a lack of actual passion about this event. Similarly, those who ask others to vote on their behalf do so because they're especially passionate, and those who defer to another's passions in lieu of their own, having been convinced to do so, have as valid a reason to vote as anyone. Ultimately, passions are no less manifested and enjoyment is no less derived from victory. 

If someone were actually stomping on the enjoyment of others in order to win, it wouldn't be for a lack of actual passion about this event. Similarly, those who ask others to vote on their behalf do so because they're especially passionate, and those who defer to another's passions in lieu of their own, having been convinced to do so, have as valid a reason to vote as anyone. Ultimately, passions are no less manifested and enjoyment is no less derived from victory. 

My focus wasn't in the one asking though. Somebody asking others to vote is obviously showing passion.

My focus was on the asked end. The "sure, whatever" kind, which I've been guilty of in the past so my post you quoted is more of a "wanna come clean and be legit from now on" rather than me questioning anybody else's passion on it.

Archived