Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I should have avoided summoning from blue, given I already have a good Winter Robin, but I summoned a 5 star Lukas (+res, -atk).

Now I am in doubt whether to give his "Killer Lance+" to Summer/Winter Robin, or merge him into the other one I am building (+atk, -speed). That one already has "Quick Riposte 3" and a refined "Slaying Lance+" (+def), in addition to various specials and support skills.

Bragging time!

I used the free Summon for the Tempest pool, wanting Nowi. The set only offers me 1 blue orb I pick it and... got Nowi, hell yesh! It's +Spd/-Atk, however, but I'm not at the stage of the game where I can be picky with IVs. Hope I can still work with that. Funnily enough, it's the opposite IV from my Nephenee xD

On the other hand, I still have not get Xmas Lissa.

So my next project is gonna be Legion. I had abunch of feathers without a use and then remembered him. His offensive statline is 36/35 which is pretty ridiculous, and with the weapon refinery his weapon's panic effect affects the target and all enemies within 2 spaces. The +3 Spd and +5 HP is great, too, he'll be able to use the Panic Ploy seal quite effectively at 51. I'm just not sure what other skills I want for him, the only SI I've done is Reposition. I'm sure he'd love Firesweep Axe when we eventually get one.

The problem is in the long run I don't want to merge him, since his gimmick is all the clones and stuff, it's funnier if I have a team full of Legions.

So my next project is gonna be Legion. I had abunch of feathers without a use and then remembered him. His offensive statline is 36/35 which is pretty ridiculous, and with the weapon refinery his weapon's panic effect affects the target and all enemies within 2 spaces. The +3 Spd and +5 HP is great, too, he'll be able to use the Panic Ploy seal quite effectively at 51. I'm just not sure what other skills I want for him, the only SI I've done is Reposition. I'm sure he'd love Firesweep Axe when we eventually get one.

The problem is in the long run I don't want to merge him, since his gimmick is all the clones and stuff, it's funnier if I have a team full of Legions.

Imagine the memes:

Legion: Alls yours bases alls belongs toses uses.

or

Legion: Ours nameses ares Legion, fors wes ares manies.

Rant time: I accumulated 40 orbs to roll for Winter Lissa, and by the time I was down to 5... I got 2 more Winter Chroms >.> Silly game. It really sucks when banner characters share a color, huh. At least I got a Rank4 Athena from the sets without greens, and I had interest in this character. Shame it wasn't Rank5.

Anyway, I realized the Shiro I got it's no good. I can handle a bane on an useful stat, but when the boon is non-beneficial stat as well, in its case +Res/-Atk, I guess it can't be helped.

It can be annoying when focus characters share a color, but it has hardly gotten in my way when summoning. So far I have only experienced it with Mathilda blocking Delthea, and maybe Brave Lyn on the legendary heroes banner (would have preferred a better bridal Cordelia than I have, or more "Wrathful staff" for my other healers). Other than that I at least got the units I wanted, both, or neither; making it mostly a non-issue for me.

There is also the point of units appearing that aren't even in the focus. Those have gotten in my more often. That isn't to say I don't like them - I got one of my favorite units that way - but it is somewhat disappointing.

Do your Chroms have good natures? If you ever get a "Lady of the Plains: Lyn", you might want to give her "Brazen Atk/Def 3"; due to her (refined) weapon's effect she want to be below 75% of her max HP anyway. With that "Brazen" skill she becomes bulkier, and her attacks become more powerful; without the fear of panic.

Well, one is +HP/-Atk, another is -Spd/+Res and another one I leveled up before checking so I want to make it Level40 to see. Still, the second one is good enough so I will keep it. I don't have such Lyn sadly.

EDIT: Just turned Level40 the other Chrom and it's +Atk/-Res, seems the +Res/-Spd is still better.

Also, is there anything I can do with +Spd/-Atk Nowi, especially the weapon refine? I read that more Spd for +Spd boon is good, but with the bane on Atk I don't know if it's any good to invest on her. Is there a way to take advantage of her neutral bulk? Fortress Def perhaps?

Well, one is +HP/-Atk, another is -Spd/+Res and another one I leveled up before checking so I want to make it Level40 to see. Still, the second one is good enough so I will keep it. I don't have such Lyn sadly.

EDIT: Just turned Level40 the other Chrom and it's +Atk/-Res, seems the +Res/-Spd is still better.

Also, is there anything I can do with +Spd/-Atk Nowi, especially the weapon refine? I read that more Spd for +Spd boon is good, but with the bane on Atk I don't know if it's any good to invest on her. Is there a way to take advantage of her neutral bulk? Fortress Def perhaps?

Both of those Chrom are quite good. I tend to prefer +atk for my units, but he becomes a quite formidable tank on both sides with +res. Merges on the other hand could also be useful for increasing your arena score.

Investing in your Nowi isn't necessarily a bad thing; you could always merge her into another (better) one one you might get down the line. Any learned skills will get passed on, so you don't lose anything… well, aside from a Nowi. I probably wouldn't give her "Fortress defense", given yours already has somewhat low attack. "Fury" is a popular option for Arena (as is the expensive "Steady breath"), but it isn't as useful for the Tempest trials due to the chip damage. Her default skill should work for the time being.

Also summoned some more on the "Winter's envoy" banner. Among the summons was my third 4 star Roy on that banner, so I have some "Triangle adept" fodder to last a while. It also gave me another "Festive tactician: Robin". The one I already had is better, so it was sort of disappointing. Might merge him,or use him as "Brazen" fodder.

With that probably being my last summoning session on the banner, I have given up on summon Chrom/Lissa. Hence I gave Camilla the "Killing Axe+" and "Deathblow 3" from Hawkeye.

Those new seals we get from the tempest trials look decent. My Minerva might like the "Iote's Shield" seal, since she will actually have a good chance to withstand an archer with it (unlike some of my other fliers). Lukas can get the "Heavy blade" seal while he waits for "Steady breath"… though it might also be interesting on "-blade" mages to neutralize the penalty to their Special charge.

My +Atk Effie (an effective 57 Atk with Brave Lance+ and Death Blow) will definitely love the Heavy Blade seal. If I ever finish kitting out my +Atk Cherche with a Brave Axe+ and Death Blow, her effective Atk will be 55 so she could make use of it as well (otherwise Iote's Shield will be great because of her great Def).

EDIT:

Eh. I'll still be pulling for W!Tharja. Hopefully we'll get one for free from new story chapters like Fjorm.

Also, new manga chapter.

GlEBYLYi0oZ2UcUYiZ53Y60mHmdGJopu5MxUhZtG

Filling in the survey I came across weird answers to some questions. "What do like about the training tower?"; "The rewards are not worth it.". The opposite question and answer are also available.

The legendary heroes banner focusses on a lot of units I already have. So I might skip it. I would however like an Elise and Gunnthrá, despite not being a great fan of horse units.

I gathered 40 more orbs and rolled again for Lissa and got yet another Winter Chrom >.> this one is +Res/-HP so I don't think it's better than the other 2.

Also, found out Hector is +Res/-Def. Is it any good? I guess the extra Res can save it from magic and that he doesn't mind the Def drop, but how to capitalize on these traits? For instance, now I'm wondering if Moonbow would be better than Bonfire.

About the new banner: I don't understand the element symbols on the new character. Does it means that not only it has a dual blessing, also it introduces a new one? I mean hexagon with the "shield", which most likely is Ice. Not too excited about the Focus characters and with this Christmas banner I'm sick of Chrom, although I find intriguing the chance of getting a Fjorm with boon/banes, and Amelia for a potential Armored team.

Never mind, I compared it with Fjorm's, and I understand it is Wind element with a bonus on Def or Res.

Gunnthrá stats are known, and don't look all that amazing. Will leave the banner for what it is, and maybe summon more on the winter banner in the hopes of getting maybe one more.

When I just tried, there were 5 blue stones; just the color I wasn't looking for. Summoned one of them. It gave me a 4 star Reinhardt (+atk, -speed). That is better than the one I currently have (+speed, -hp), so not so bad I suppose.

Edit dataminers have found new units for the new year banner:

• "Prince of Soup: Takumi", infantry dagger user,
  • "Celebratory Spirit: Azura", flying axe user,
  • "Enjoying Tradition: Corrin", infantry bow user,
  • "Holiday Traveler: Camilla", flying sword user.

The datamine doesn't show which skill belongs with which character, but there is a singer/dancer skill ("Earth dance"); that could indicate we get our first flying singer… unless someone other than Azura gets it for some reason.

Will be saving for this banner in the hope of getting one of the fliers. I really want a flying singer/dancer; guidance will be amazing for them. Furthermore, I could use a better flying sword user than Palla.

They have dug out more info and yes, Azura is a Flier singer. It's ought to be interesting. Also I noticed that Soup Takumi's max stats of 34 in both Atk and Spd caught some attention.

I used my free Summon for the Gunnthrá banner and got Ryoma on the first roll! I was missing a Rank5 Red weapon, plus Ryoma is sweet with the build-in Distant Counter in his weapon. Decided to gamble 2 more roll and got no Rank5 but a Rank4 Clair. Have not checked what she is good at.

They have dug out more info and yes, Azura is a Flier singer. It's ought to be interesting. Also I noticed that Soup Takumi's max stats of 34 in both Atk and Spd caught some attention.

I used my free Summon for the Gunnthrá banner and got Ryoma on the first roll! I was missing a Rank5 Red weapon, plus Ryoma is sweet with the build-in Distant Counter in his weapon. Decided to gamble 2 more roll and got no Rank5 but a Rank4 Clair. Have not checked what she is good at.

And if you have the other Hoshidan siblings, congrats, you've completed the set. As for me, I'm one orb short for a complete session, including the freebie.

I'm halfway there, with Sakura and now Ryoma. Funnily enough I never sought after them except for Hinoka, and she isn't one of my priority characters to get. Still, Sakura is in my main team in the meantime, and seems Ryoma would be in too, if it didn't have a +HP/-Spd IVs that don't fully convince me, although it is still workable and can be patched up if I ever get another one with better IVs. Coincidentally, his son Shiro also arrived with undesirable IVs, meh.

Regarding the unique Flier Azura, still not sure if I will roll for it. Despite not playing Fates, Azura is not a character that has my attention, and I already want Bike as the Green unit in my main team. On the other hand, I do know that Armored, Flier, Dragon and Cavalry teams are a thing, so it would be a great asset when I eventually jump in to that trend.

"Eh, I'll just pull the one green orb on my free summon, might as well--"

8tn1sko.png?1

13e.gif

Though she's +Spd -Res which sucks a little bit since Res is kinda what her kit's about, but I'm not complaining. Btw, her Chilling Seal effects all enemies on the map with the lowest Def if they have the same Def, it's pretty kickass.

Archived